Page 188 of 208 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198 ... LastLast
Results 4,676 to 4,700 of 5198

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

I bet series 2, if series 1 does well is Joker, Catwoman, and Batgirl.

That looks like a pretty reasonable lineup to me, SCB. I'd love to have a Batgirl too!

Of course, they could always throw in Bookworm, Egghead, King Tut or someone to push the line out a little longer. I mean, it's Mattel, so that wouldn't be too shocking

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    And people actually want this ****?
    Judging by how long the lines are to see Adam West, Burt Ward and Julie Newmar were at the last 2 cons I went to that they were at I would say resoundingly yes

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    I bet series 2, if series 1 does well is Joker, Catwoman, and Batgirl.
    I don't think there is a question on a Series 2, they said Joker was coming he just was not ready yet. So I suspect we will see those 3 at SDCC
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    They had a sign up for the line confirming that Joker and Catwoman were to be included - Joker will have his mustache, TG said, but as far as I know they haven't said which version of Catwoman. (preferably Newmar).

Optimistically assuming they have the rights to do whichever characters they want, I would have to think Batgirl's top of the list.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    They had a sign up for the line confirming that Joker and Catwoman were to be included - Joker will have his mustache, TG said, but as far as I know they haven't said which version of Catwoman. (preferably Newmar).

Optimistically assuming they have the rights to do whichever characters they want, I would have to think Batgirl's top of the list.
    Considering for the Batgirl pilot, the only villain was Killer Moth, I'd say they should do him...

I bet they do both Catwoman figures but one is the chase and one is the regular (since in the DC releases there is almost always a chase in the case)
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

It'd be great if they one day get into Keaton Batman figures. I'd love displaying Newman, Pfeifer, and Hatheaway together along with the 3 Jokers.

I'm loving the look of this Batman line, especially the Batmobile. I hope it's big enough to fit the DCUC figures as well. My only criticism are the capes. I'm glad Mattel chose to use cloth, but they don't look very good. Kenner's old Animated Batman figures had much better capes.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Sur...

the ****?

THis is one Bat variant I was thrilled over, so, yes, I do. And it's basically because it is so incredibley bad.

I grew up on this Batman (the Adam West movie is the first movie I ever saw in theaters), and watched the re-runs in syndication throughout the 70's. It was a really good satire on the whole super-hero genre, and the first season and a half had some really good bite to it. It got more into the silliness after that, and that's where you saw the fully clothed Batman and Joker in their swim trunks on the surfboards. Surfing and the Beach movies were all the rage (hello, Franky and Annette) at the time, so this was a lampoon of the trend. And I love the fact we are getting Batman in that ridiculous get-up, because it really captured not just the West character but the feel of the show in general.

Ah, the 60's. You really had to be there to appreciate them.

I am very happy with all of these figures, and, aside from Robin, am amazed at how well they capture the actors. West's masked face looks like a frame from the show, and his portly physique is perfect. Hearing that the Joker will have the make-up coverd mustache (Romero refused to shave his signature mustache for the role, so they just plopped white make-up over it) just makes it all perfect. Now I just need to hear that they are making Catwoman (they could make all three with one body and alternate heads) and a Victor Buono King Tut and I'll be doing the Batusi...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Add me to the list of people who want these. I've been dying for figures from this show since I was a few years old. I pray that Batgirl gets her batcycle; those two go hand-in-hand. If Mattel makes an Eartha Kitt Catwoman, I really hope the buck is shorter than a Julie Newmar Catwoman.

Am I the only one who wants an Alfred and Aunt Harriet two pack? And Commissioner Gordon with Chief O'Hara and the Batphone!
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Now I just need to hear that they are making Catwoman (they could make all three with one body and alternate heads) and a Victor Buono King Tut and I'll be doing the Batusi...
    They are definitely making Catwoman - we just don't know which version yet.

I'm with you on Tut, but I'd really want a Batgirl, Egghead, and any version of Mr. Freeze.

Quote Originally Posted by Slayor View Post
    Add me to the list of people who want these. I've been dying for figures from this show since I was a few years old. I pray that Batgirl gets her batcycle; those two go hand-in-hand. If Mattel makes an Eartha Kitt Catwoman, I really hope the buck is shorter than a Julie Newmar Catwoman.

Am I the only one who wants an Alfred and Aunt Harriet two pack? And Commissioner Gordon with Chief O'Hara and the Batphone!
    I'd certainly buy them! I hope we get civilian clothes Bruce Wayne & Dic Grayson as well.

They can probably get away with using the same body for Newmar & Meriwether, but I agree that Eartha Kitt's Catwoman should be shorter.

They are definitely making Catwoman - we just don't know which version yet.

I'm with you on Tut, but I'd really want a Batgirl, Egghead, and any version of Mr. Freeze.
    Holy forget-me-nots! How could I have left out Batgirl? It's probably to much to hope for her in a pack with her cycle, but I can't see them not making her at all.

Egghead would be great, as well as the Bookworm, mostly for the idea of getting figures of the actors who brought them to life. I think that's why I want Tut so much; it wasn't so much the character as he was written, but the way Buono played him, that made him my favorite. And would Egghead have been anywhere near as much fun if he hadn't been portrayed by the legendary Vincent Price?

I really hope the sales on this line are so good that they decide to keep it going a little while, at least. The villains were often so fun and so over the top in both character and appearance that I think a lot of them would make great action figures.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Fighting cops. It's been a while.

There are seven working defenses from this position. Three of them disarm with minimal contact. Three of them kill. The other-- [KRAKK] --hurts.

This should be agony. I should be a mass of aching muscle — broken, spent, unable to move. And, were I an older man, I surely would... But I'm a man of 30 — of 20 again. The rain on my chest is a baptism. I'm born again.

I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you.

I'm a Val-Pal.
    I love these figures, hoping they do all three Catwomen, Newmar, Kitt and Merriweather eventually.

And they really need to work out the rights for the DVDs, so what they are owned by three companies and the creator of the Batmobile gets royalities. We need the DVDs

Oh and a civilian version of Batgirl too would be awesome
    Last edited by Mermista; February 17, 2013 at 09:55am.
    She-Ra rocks. For the honor of Grayskull.

Follow me and Dollie on Twitter:

@babsbatgirlfan
    @dolliebaby77
    My Husky Dollie's: @dolliebaby1977
    My comic news feed: @comicbookpost

I found super powers colored penguin, batgirl,, batman and superman all over my area. Still no TDKR batman figure sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    It's a million time cooler than anything from TDKR, that's for sure.

I love these, and can't wait to get them all! Especially surfer Batman!
    CAN'T WAIT FOR THESE! I have wanted these since I was a kid watching episodes in syndication and on nick at night

Sur...

the ****?

yes, my negative medical friend. Many people, like myself, have adam west to thank as being the first introduction to batman and therefor superheroes and comics in general.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Fighting cops. It's been a while.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...pse5d68ebc.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...psb4f32a42.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...pscf4502d7.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...psfe71932f.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ps070fadfd.jpg

There are seven working defenses from this position. Three of them disarm with minimal contact. Three of them kill. The other-- [KRAKK] --hurts.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...psfc1dfc7a.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...psd53932e2.jpg
    This should be agony. I should be a mass of aching muscle — broken, spent, unable to move. And, were I an older man, I surely would... But I'm a man of 30 — of 20 again. The rain on my chest is a baptism. I'm born again.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ps6e240102.jpg
    I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...psdd571290.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ps2df72962.jpg
    Great pics. I really need to find this figure ASAP!
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

I'm a Val-Pal.
    I am hoping we will get a new Oracle, a Batgirl Stephanie Brown along with a Batgirl Cassandra Cain or Black Bat Cassandra Cain figures through Matty next year.
    She-Ra rocks. For the honor of Grayskull.

Follow me and Dollie on Twitter:

@babsbatgirlfan
    @dolliebaby77
    My Husky Dollie's: @dolliebaby1977
    My comic news feed: @comicbookpost

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    Has Dark Knight Returns Batman been popping up in stores, yet?

Batman: You don't get it son. This isn't Snake Mountain. It's an operating table and I'm the surgeon.

Question, are the horsemen still doing DCU figures? has the line changed into only recognizable characters? club infinite earths sub is that the way to get obscure characters? what is the retail line? Has there been a Vixen figure made by mattel? I know the info is out there but I'd like to find the info all in one shot. lazy of me i know but sometimes there is too much info out there to search out. so I'm appealing to those who follow it deep. even a link that shows me a faq is great. thanks.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

The retail line(s) are more recognizeable characters. Infinite Earths is the where you will get more 'lesser known' characters.

not sure who is doing the retail lines.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Question, are the horsemen still doing DCU figures? has the line changed into only recognizable characters? club infinite earths sub is that the way to get obscure characters? what is the retail line? Has there been a Vixen figure made by mattel? I know the info is out there but I'd like to find the info all in one shot. lazy of me i know but sometimes there is too much info out there to search out. so I'm appealing to those who follow it deep. even a link that shows me a faq is great. thanks.
    1. Yes.
    2. No - the subscription is the extension of DCUC, with whatever character they feel like making - second tier, etc. The retail line is A-listers only, mostly (but not entirely) in modern looks.
    3. Yes - if you want second-tier characters, you have to to MattyCollector or subscriber.
    4. See #2.
    5. No, Vixen has not yet been released/announced. (Personally, given where we are in the character selection, I have to think she's on the short list for 2013/2014, but nothing official has been said.)

Hope that helps.

Arkham Series 4 Bats and Nightwing. Batman is super articulated, but not superposable, still more poseable than the Mattel Arkham Bats though. Nightwing is probably the best Nightwing, but lacks a waist cut and ankles.

Thanks to the inexplicable fact that both the Mattel and DCC Arkham figures are in scale with each other (not sure why Mattel upsized here, but not complaining), I've been mixing the lines together, basically getting whatever figures Mattel didn't make from the DCC line. So I get the posability from Mattel's figures for the main guys (and I'm glad Mattel made Catwoman, because the DCC version is terrible, with an oversized head and no neck) and filling out the holes with the DCC figures like Riddler and the big figures. But as much as I've blasted Mattel for QC, I have to say DCC is getting bad in that area, maybe worse than Mattel. My huge Croc figure hadn't been moved since I set him up, and one day I just found his arm laying beside him; the clear plastic of the jonit had just flat out broken from the weight of his arm in a fairly neutral position. I'm telling you, there is something about the clear plastic nowadays, and I guess it isn't just Mattel that's habing the problem.

Those look really nice. I'd pickup Nightwing if I saw him at a comic shop.

I just got Talia and Deadshot yesterday. Unfortunately, when I opened Talia, the peg in her hinged knee was broken. It looks to be made of the same clear plastic that Killer Croc's shoulder joints were made of and that snapped on me, too!

I've never had any DC Direct product break on me before, but ever since they've switched to being DC Collectibles, I had a Killer Croc broken in the box, Talia's knee broken, and Azrael's "arm blades" ripped in the package. All in the last year. I wonder what's going on with DC's quality control?
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"