Page 189 of 210 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,725 of 5231

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Back when I bought DCD regularly, it was not uncommon to have breakage of joints, accessories - at least for me, your mileage may vary. But I definitely agree that the more recent waves of Arkham figures are somewhat lacking. I'm not crazy about Talia's head-sculpt, but that's a design question...however, unpainted hair isn't. Her right arm is really loose in the arm swivel, whereas my Deadshot had the opposite problem; his elbow joints wouldn't move at all until I pried them loose with an exacto blade. The paint on his head seemed sloppy, too.

Nightwing was fine, however. Didn't get Batman.

The only Mattel figure I still have on display is Two-Face, since DCD hasn't done him yet...I find the overall detailing of the DCD figures better than the Mattel ones, but the earlier figures are overall better. My Croc is still in one piece but I'm afraid to move him, based on what I've heard about his arm.

I'm still glad the line has gotten this far - if I can get one more wave with Hugo Strange and perhaps a Calendar Man, I think I can call it a day.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    1. Yes.
    2. No - the subscription is the extension of DCUC, with whatever character they feel like making - second tier, etc. The retail line is A-listers only, mostly (but not entirely) in modern looks.
    3. Yes - if you want second-tier characters, you have to to MattyCollector or subscriber.
    4. See #2.
    5. No, Vixen has not yet been released/announced. (Personally, given where we are in the character selection, I have to think she's on the short list for 2013/2014, but nothing official has been said.)

Hope that helps.
    helps a TONNE! thanks Thatman and Wyldman11! I gotta start paying more attention to the sales announcements, there are figures I want bad.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

The large figures are more prone to breakage. The plastic they use don't hold up with the weight of the figures.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    The large figures are more prone to breakage. The plastic they use don't hold up with the weight of the figures.
    I have had some of the regular figures break from moving them, but Croc was the first who popped apart just standing there, so your obviously right about that. I have some definite worries now about the future of my Titan Joker, who's even bigger and heavier (and who I might have had second thoughts about getting if Croc had broken before I pre-ordered him).
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Many reports of Titan Joker breaking at the hips and legs coming off like Croc's arms. He's definitely got the same problems. The gigantic 52 Darkseid came next and I haven't heard any breakage problems about him.

They also announced Arkham Grundy who looks enormous

Grundy looks awesome. I love these figures- quite possibly my favorite Batman line ever! I'm just getting really nervous about the joints. While I was taking pictures of Talia's broken knee hinge-pin to send to the etailer that I got her from her arm simply fell off. That same clear plastic. Weird.

Glad to hear that Darkseid has no issues so far, though. Gives me hope for Solomon Grundy.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

that sucks I wanted croc too!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Playing around with different heads

Batman: the amount of people I've murdered just by letting you live. No more!!!

Kid: kick his ass Batman!

Batman: watch the language son

Alfred: have you forgotten about Jason Master Bruce?

Batman: I'll never forget Jason, he was a good soldier. But the war goes on.

Superman: it doesn't matter. If its not me it'll be someome else.

Batman: really? Who do they send after you?

Batman: we could have changed the world. Now look at us. I've become a political liability and you...you're a joke.

Batman: you sold us out Clark. You gave them the power that should have been OURS. Just like your parents taught you. My parents taught me a different lesson. Dying on the streets for no reason, they showed me the world only makes sense when you FORCE it to.

dc universe questions

Will figures like Brainiac from the HIstory of dc universe fit in the the dc univeser classics figures on display. I like this brainiac better and want to know if it will look right with my collection. What about the batman legacy figues or the new 52? do those also fit in. I have only collected MOTU to this point and main hero's in DCUC Trying to put together a decent looking legion of doom.

Thanks for anyones help with this

Braniac will be beefy, but he will fit it scale wise. He's also changed size over the years, depending on the artist and era. Recently he's been a massive body builder and they made a figure of that as well.

Batman Legacy figures are using the same parts as DCUC for the most part, so they fit right in.

The new 52 figures are actually shorter than DCUC. They still fit in scale wise, but you'll notice their original counterparts are all taller, except for the Flash.

Heroic Warrior
    I don't think so but that's MHO. The DC Direct Brainiac is taller and the sculpt is cartoonishly muscular.

Man, now I'm bummed. So I mentioned how I got my Arkham City Deadshot and Talia al Ghul recently. Talia's knee hinge pin was busted out of the package and shortly afterwards her right arm just fell off. Whatever weird, clear plastic they used just seemed to disintegrate. Anyways, now Deadshot's arm has fallend off as well. I hardly have any broken toys out of the 1000s I own. I really do not know what DC Collectibles is doing, but I'm done. I'm embarrassed to try and exchange these anymore. I love collecting 6-7 inch scale Batman stuff, but not with these kind of QC issues.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Sadly, that's happened to me a second time with the new DCC figures. I got a couple of the Batman, Inc. figures, and the Man of Bats right leg broke at the hip (clear plastic joint) the first time I tried to move it.

Sorry, guys, but no matter how much Mattel and DCC might protest to the contrary, I am firmly convinced that the transparent/translucent plastic being used these days is more brittle than the normal stuff.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Snappy Threader
    I am frustrated that i can not find the MOTU scale Batman anywhere.....

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    I am frustrated that i can not find the MOTU scale Batman anywhere.....
    It only just began shipping - that and the "Planet X"/Zur-en-Arrh Batman. Give it some time, and it should start to show up with more frequency.

Matty just announced the April sale, with Mallah & the Brain shipping in April...maybe it's just me, but I thought Mallah was coming this month? No biggee - at least I get to complete my classic/satellite JLA this month!
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    It only just began shipping - that and the "Planet X"/Zur-en-Arrh Batman. Give it some time, and it should start to show up with more frequency.

Matty just announced the April sale, with Mallah & the Brain shipping in April...maybe it's just me, but I thought Mallah was coming this month? No biggee - at least I get to complete my classic/satellite JLA this month!
    Yeah, I am just jealous of those peeps here who have it already. I thought Mallah was coming this month too......

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    No, Mollah has been April for a month or two now. I forget.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Warrior
    Looking foward to Mallah and Brain and Wally West Flash.
    "These are the days of high adventure"

I'm looking forward for Freddy Freeman (got to get Shazam & Mary Marvel yet though) and the Huntress.

I recently got new DC Unlimited New 52 Batman and I must say that it is a really nice figure, I'm impressed. I'm wanting to get new Batgirl also and waiting for classic colors Penguin
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    I'm looking forward for Freddy Freeman (got to get Shazam & Mary Marvel yet though) and the Huntress.

I recently got new DC Unlimited New 52 Batman and I must say that it is a really nice figure, I'm impressed. I'm wanting to get new Batgirl also and waiting for classic colors Penguin
    Penguin really looks cool. You will like that fig.

Penguin is awesome, but he cannot stand on a Super Powers display stand. The holes in his feet are too big.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah, I took some of these for some awesome fun and because someone asked:

And this was my picture of what arrived on Feb 19th:

Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

I got my Elongated Man yesterday. He is pretty cool, but seriously, I don't get Mattel. This figure should have easily had double jointed knees and elbows. Not to mention they should have made it so you can share parts with Plastic Man, especially in the neck.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I got my Elongated Man yesterday. He is pretty cool, but seriously, I don't get Mattel. This figure should have easily had double jointed knees and elbows. Not to mention they should have made it so you can share parts with Plastic Man, especially in the neck.
    Sadly, with Plas, it's all in the individually sculpted torso. Not only was the detail sculpted in (the one time I actually wished they had just painted the detail like the lacing in front on so they could potentially re-use it for Ralph), but the release button means there would be extra expense in assembling him even if the torso was re-usable. With the bare bones, "we can only add a few new parts to each figure" approach being taken with the DC sub, the latter would have doomed poor Ralph to mediocrity body-wise even if the former hadn't. And I doubt they could have done him for SDCC this year or any other in the future; it seems we're lucky DC will approve anything that isn't the bloody New 52 these days. Must make Mattel all warm and fuzzy having spent who knows how much for access to the whole 75+ years of DC characters and then find out that DC will only approve stuff from the past couple of years outside a small online sub...

Meh, it's not like Mattel really seems to give a damn about the line anymore anyway. I'll be surprised if the line in any form survives beyond the first half of next year, let alone this year.

And it's funny that Mattel says they don't have a budget to give Ralph many accessories, but then they don't even bother giving Wally Flash and Phantom Stranger any accessories to begin with. Hell, does Capt Marvel Jr come with anything at all? What about Fire? Oh, but the give Larfleeze a stupid handle when he doesn't have one in the comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Oh, but the give Larfleeze a stupid handle when he doesn't have one in the comic.
    Which I don't get; when they made orange Luthor, they re-did the lantern with no handle (which I believe required a new mold), and even made a point of pointing out that they did it to make it correct to the comics. Not sure why they wouldn't re-use that mold after making it special for the orange battery...