Page 191 of 208 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201 ... LastLast
Results 4,751 to 4,775 of 5176

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

  1. #4751
    Heroic Warrior wyldman11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    I wonder if it might not be a good idea for Mattel to revisit the two-pack concepts - except instead of going to obscure characters, doing themed sets to supplement the sub, and finish out those teams. Ra's & Talia, Doc Magnus & Chief, Johnny Thunder & Thunderbolt, etc. - even one a quarter could go a long way...especially for characters who might not be strong single-carded sellers.
    I think the online two packs failed more because most people getting DCUC weren't aware of them being on Matty till after the fact. I know I didn't, I thought Matty was just for MOTUC and convention exclusives. In store two packs did do more what you say, except they had the following problems. Often at most a repaint of one of the figures possibly both. The cost was often as much as the two figures would have been individually, often at the exclusion of the accessories that originally came with the figure(s). The Mad Love two pack came with tons of accessories, but then most of the Green Lantern ones came with a single lantern, and none of the constructs that came with the original figure.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

    There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

    Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

  2. #4752
    grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    The only other members of the LOSH about whom I've heard any quantifiable fan chatter are Dawnstar and Mon-El - not to say they mightn't make others, but are any of them really in demand? (My LOSH awareness is somewhat more limited than the rest of the DCU.)
    The Legion hopes I based on the fact that a $180 set of said figures sold out on Matty. That tells me there's at least as much demand for them as any of the second or third stringers we're getting in the sub.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

  3. #4753
    In disguise! Barbecue17's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Shelby, NC
    Posts
    2,094
    I haven't seen too many people mention the DC Unlimited Injustice: Batman yet. He seems like an all new sculpt and is very nicely detailed with ball jointed hands. No bicep cuts, though, which is really weird. He doesn't feel much like a DCUC figure- more like a Movie Masters figure. Anyone else have him?

    Anyways, here's a review I did of him: http://www.thepicreview.com/2013/03/...ce-batman.html

    batman.jpg

    - - - Updated - - -

    I think this definitely belongs in a thread about frustration with DC toys! Here's my review of Talia al Ghul from Arkham City, a figure that broke on me not once, but twice, right out of the package.

    http://www.thepicreview.com/2013/03/...a-al-ghul.html

    This was really frustrating to me that she broke, but I did manage to fix her myself.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

    "We have a Ram-Man"

  4. #4754
    Heroic Warrior JAG2045's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    London
    Posts
    612
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    Personally, I could have lived without Wally as Flash - when I get him, he's going right in the variants box, but I can't complain about his inclusion...far too many people have been asking for him for too long, and he's a logical variant, so I can't begrudge his fans. I do wish they'd not given him a monthly slot, but rather, found some other way of getting him out there, but it's not a huge deal for me.
    I'm glad we are getting Wally now but he should have been a 50/50 case split with Barry all the way back in wave 7

    JAG2045
    My feedback
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=108414
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=jag2045
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=117706

    Great traders: Blue-jackal/Fneh(2)/Daz/Royalt1us/Evil-Orko/Buythepower/Booster/Adora/Zodac101/tokyonever/lemure77(2)/Vess(2)/Scorpia/Buzzsaw Hordak/miscus555/tmc1984/General Hawk 7

  5. #4755
    Grammer Flunky Shredder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    wyckoff, nj
    Posts
    4,040
    picked up a zodac green lantern two pack at tru today..but not for the boring character of zodac. looked like a cool GL figure .

    nice to see tru getting some new stock though. also picked up ashe-ra and supergirl
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

    Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

  6. #4756
    Heroic Master of Maturity SCB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    7,634
    I'm what you get when you take Bruce out of the equation

  7. #4757
    Heroic Warrior Dr Kain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Posts
    5,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    I haven't seen too many people mention the DC Unlimited Injustice: Batman yet. He seems like an all new sculpt and is very nicely detailed with ball jointed hands. No bicep cuts, though, which is really weird. He doesn't feel much like a DCUC figure- more like a Movie Masters figure. Anyone else have him?

    Anyways, here's a review I did of him: http://www.thepicreview.com/2013/03/...ce-batman.html

    batman.jpg

    - - - Updated - - -

    I think this definitely belongs in a thread about frustration with DC toys! Here's my review of Talia al Ghul from Arkham City, a figure that broke on me not once, but twice, right out of the package.

    http://www.thepicreview.com/2013/03/...a-al-ghul.html

    This was really frustrating to me that she broke, but I did manage to fix her myself.
    That's because Injustice Batman is utter crap.

    BTW, that sucks about Talia. I was considering her since it will be the only figure we ever get for her, but not anymore. I also do not understand why DCD got rid of the figure stands when their figures cannot stand on their own.
    Last edited by Dr Kain; March 31, 2013 at 01:47am.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

  8. #4758
    Heroic Warrior eurorko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,706
    Has anyone found Motuc Batman in stores yet?

  9. #4759
    Heroic Master of Maturity SCB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    7,634
    Yep at Target.

  10. #4760
    In disguise! Barbecue17's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Shelby, NC
    Posts
    2,094
    I went to Target the other day looking for these guys. Came up with nothing. Really want both of the new Batman figures.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

    "We have a Ram-Man"

  11. #4761
    grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,493
    http://i.toynewsi.com/g/generated/Re...scaled_600.jpg

    Toynewsi has a preview up for the new Darkseid figure from Mattel. The comments about the articulation make it sound identical to MOTUC; are we sure there's only a few parts shared here? Turned out better than the prototype looked, but he is still a bit skinny for who he's supposed to be. The reviewer makes a lot of the scale, and I know in the new 52 he's about twice the size of the heroes, but this is one time I am not holding Mattel's feet to the fire on being off on size. The new version of Darkseid, like much of the new 52, completely misses the essence of the character to make a "cool" visual (90's Image Comics comes to DC). What made Darkseid different from a lot of other DC villains was that, while imposing in stature, he was not a giant, and, more importantly, didn't NEED to be. He was the guy manipulating events, only sullying his own hands when absolutely necessary. A physical smack down with Darkseid was a rare thing, making it a true event. Making him another huge baddie actually takes away from the impact of the character to my eyes, and shows where DC's head is right now (likely why I'm buying fewer DC titles than ever before). My point is, while I know the figure is off from the source material, the source material is horridly flawed at its core, so I actually prefer this version to the monstrous DCC version (and this one is far less likely to have the arms simply fall off at the shoulders by just standing there, but that's another issue).

    If nothing else, it justified the Dark Knight body with some re-use...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

  12. #4762
    Assimilate, or else!! krosfyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Under an iron fist
    Posts
    17,973
    Target opened in Canada just now I'm going to check em out see what they got.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

    I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

    Fear is faith in failure

  13. #4763
    Heroic Warrior Dr Kain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Posts
    5,230
    Darkseid's head and shoulders are too big.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

  14. #4764
    grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Darkseid's head and shoulders are too big.
    More like the Dark Knight Batman body is a little small (compared to the previous Darkseid figures' proportions). All in the perspective.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

  15. #4765
    Evil Collapsing Robot! Zodach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    3,249
    It's kind of funny, but really not, that DCC went with the mammothly oversized New52 Darkseid and Mattel has come up with this disproportionate and undersized version of the same character. I think the DCUC Collect-n-Connect version blows this one out of the water.

  16. #4766
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,329
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    http://i.toynewsi.com/g/generated/Re...scaled_600.jpg

    Toynewsi has a preview up for the new Darkseid figure from Mattel. The comments about the articulation make it sound identical to MOTUC; are we sure there's only a few parts shared here? Turned out better than the prototype looked, but he is still a bit skinny for who he's supposed to be. The reviewer makes a lot of the scale, and I know in the new 52 he's about twice the size of the heroes, but this is one time I am not holding Mattel's feet to the fire on being off on size. The new version of Darkseid, like much of the new 52, completely misses the essence of the character to make a "cool" visual (90's Image Comics comes to DC). What made Darkseid different from a lot of other DC villains was that, while imposing in stature, he was not a giant, and, more importantly, didn't NEED to be. He was the guy manipulating events, only sullying his own hands when absolutely necessary. A physical smack down with Darkseid was a rare thing, making it a true event. Making him another huge baddie actually takes away from the impact of the character to my eyes, and shows where DC's head is right now (likely why I'm buying fewer DC titles than ever before). My point is, while I know the figure is off from the source material, the source material is horridly flawed at its core, so I actually prefer this version to the monstrous DCC version (and this one is far less likely to have the arms simply fall off at the shoulders by just standing there, but that's another issue).

    If nothing else, it justified the Dark Knight body with some re-use...
    Making Darkseid so physical happened way before the New 52. Michael Turner and Jeph Loeb made Darkseid into a 10' tall Doomsday-like guy during their Supergirl-arc in Superman/Batman. Animation such as Superman TAS, Justice League, JLU and Superman/Batman: Apocaylpse kept that physical smackdown version of the character in play.

    I guess that's what the fans like--a physical villain that can give Superman (or the Justice League) a run for his money.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

  17. #4767
    Heroic Warrior Dr Kain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Posts
    5,230
    It doesn't matter, N52 Darkseid is supposed to be massive and this is just, well, it shows Mattel is not even trying anymore. He should have been saved for SDCC and been big like he is supposed to be.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

  18. #4768
    grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,493
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Making Darkseid so physical happened way before the New 52. Michael Turner and Jeph Loeb made Darkseid into a 10' tall Doomsday-like guy during their Supergirl-arc in Superman/Batman. Animation such as Superman TAS, Justice League, JLU and Superman/Batman: Apocaylpse kept that physical smackdown version of the character in play.

    I guess that's what the fans like--a physical villain that can give Superman (or the Justice League) a run for his money.
    The Darkseid in the Timm universe was exactly what I described: a planner and schemer who only took his considerable physical might out when it was needed. Again, when he turned physical, it was a major event in the shows, not the first resort of lazy writers. The most powerful moment in all of his appearances was when he simply stood there and blasted Terrible Turpin in Superman. He just stood, arrogant and assured, no big fists flying, no big battle royale. THAT is the Darkseid that makes me tremble in fear. The latter version with Brainiac mixed in was powerful, but nowhere near as outright evil...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

  19. #4769
    Heroic Warrior JAG2045's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    London
    Posts
    612
    Is The Brain & Mousier Mallah coming out in April or May? I thought the 2 pack was due in May with Wally West but my early access e-mail seems to indicate its due out with Larfleeze this month?

    Can someone please clarify?

    JAG2045
    My feedback
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=108414
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=jag2045
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=117706

    Great traders: Blue-jackal/Fneh(2)/Daz/Royalt1us/Evil-Orko/Buythepower/Booster/Adora/Zodac101/tokyonever/lemure77(2)/Vess(2)/Scorpia/Buzzsaw Hordak/miscus555/tmc1984/General Hawk 7

  20. #4770
    Almighty Dictator Skullface's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,346
    Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Is The Brain & Mousier Mallah coming out in April or May? I thought the 2 pack was due in May with Wally West but my early access e-mail seems to indicate its due out with Larfleeze this month?

    Can someone please clarify?

    JAG2045
    According to Matty's website, they're coming THIS month w/Larfleeze.

  21. #4771
    Heroic Warrior Dr Kain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Posts
    5,230
    Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Is The Brain & Mousier Mallah coming out in April or May? I thought the 2 pack was due in May with Wally West but my early access e-mail seems to indicate its due out with Larfleeze this month?

    Can someone please clarify?

    JAG2045
    Thanks the gods he is this month.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

  22. #4772
    grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,493
    It's supposedly out this month; I've been haunting Big Bad waiting for them to pop him up. I really want to finally have a baddie to go with the Doom Patrol, and the Brain and his simian henchman are their Lex Luthor or Joker.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

  23. #4773
    Heroic Warrior Dr Kain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Posts
    5,230
    My god, they really do not know what they are doing anymore with this line. The next wave of DCU is a freaking repaint of Injustice Batman and Injustice GL, while the next BMU wave is Vampire Batman and Beware the Batman Batman. WHAT is a cartoon version of Batman doing in my BU/DCU lines? And why not just give Injustice its own line? Or, increase the number of freaking figures being released to release characters people want to actually buy!! Oh wait, that would require logic, something which Mattel no longer has any of.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

  24. #4774
    Almighty Dictator Skullface's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,346
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    My god, they really do not know what they are doing anymore with this line. The next wave of DCU is a freaking repaint of Injustice Batman and Injustice GL, while the next BMU wave is Vampire Batman and Beware the Batman Batman. WHAT is a cartoon version of Batman doing in my BU/DCU lines? And why not just give Injustice its own line? Or, increase the number of freaking figures being released to release characters people want to actually buy!! Oh wait, that would require logic, something which Mattel no longer has any of.
    Can't put all the blame on Mattel (for once) - DC wants retail to reflect current trends from the books/other media. I still can't believe that we got Super Powers Penguin & Planet X Batman at retail...

  25. #4775
    Heroic Warrior Dr Kain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Posts
    5,230











    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Can't put all the blame on Mattel (for once) - DC wants retail to reflect current trends from the books/other media. I still can't believe that we got Super Powers Penguin & Planet X Batman at retail...
    Okay, then where are Grifter, Voodoo, Fatality, N52 Green Arrow, N52 Hal, Stormwatch, Static Shock, Helspont, Zealot, Talia (you know, Damian's mom, the lady who has been through the comics a lot)?

    And I can blame Mattel because they can easily tell DC no. But then, both DC and Mattel currently seem to run by nuckleheads.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •