Page 196 of 210 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198206 ... LastLast
Results 4,876 to 4,900 of 5246

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Mattel is also doing Arkham Origins.
    http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/...ps805f772f.jpg
    Wow, the last time I saw thunder-thighs like that, they were attached to a giant dinosaur stomping around Tokyo...

So once again, both DCC and Mattel will be making the same figures based on the exact same thing. At least with Injustice, we're getting different sizes. Hard to believe inside a couple of years I've gone from anxiously awaiting the release of the next round of DC figures to wondering if what's being offered is worth buying. Even the DCIE sub has been hit and miss; there are a lot of characters Mattel could do with the tooling restrictions they have there (a LOT of the Legionaries we need to add to the big box set come to mind), and yet we get guys like the version of Red Hood most people would rather have a different version of. I place a lot of the blame on DC for this, rather than all of it on Mattel, as there's been a lot of things from the start of the direction change for the line that point to it coming from that end. Sadly, it leaves us with a pretty sorry line-up in what was once shaping up to be one of the best DC lines ever made.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Mattel pretty much lost me when they made the sudden and poorly planned transition from DCUC to the DC All Stars/Legacy/Unlimited lines. I had a DCIE sub the last 2 years but I've sold off 95% of my collection this year since I just don't care that much any more. I will still buy the occasional figure like DKR Batman, but I'm not going to renew my sub for 2014.

The Arkham lines are extremely popular for both companies.

I was at the fourhorsemen's new site and the prototype Man of Steel figures look great!! why do the production ones look so poor? (mainly the faces) it looks like someone TRYING to do the horsemen's work but not QUITE getting it. MOTUC doesn't really suffer from this.http://www.sourcehorsemen.com/gallery?album=12

it's a let down
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    The Arkham lines are extremely popular for both companies.
    I understand that, and I've actually gotten stuff from the Arkham City lines. The fact that the scales are the same actually allows me to get the DCC figures Mattel didn't make and have them actually fit in well, so there's a good side to it. And keep in mind, I have no interest in video games (the last one I played was Asteroids), so I've gotten the figures just on their own merits, which is also good. The bad side is that it limits what's out there so much. With both companies making the same stuff line after line, I'm basically buying less from both, and I actually want to give these companies my money for DC figures if they'd just offer more variety. That's what's really curbing my enthusiasm here.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I picked up 5 of them. Good old big lots, heh. Unfortunately, I can't build Nekron unless I can find Dove and Hawk.

I might try and sell off the figures for what I paid for them and I'll keep the Collect and Connect pieces in the hopes of completing him.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Things are looking bad for DC at retail again. Toyguru is avoiding all questions about "the fate of retail" ever since the news of Damien surface.

Heroic Warrior
    I have yet to see any waves beyond 20.
    "These are the days of high adventure"

I picked up Movie Masters armoured Zod and Faora. for completion's sake I will buy Superman for sure, not sure I want to buy Jor-El. Personally I LOVED the movie, I just wish the face sculpts were reproduced better from the horsemen's sculpts. The Kryptonian armour came out great though, that's the main reason I want Jor el, not to fussed about having a russell Crowe action figure though
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Went to Big Lots here in NJ... No DCUC at all... very sad!! Son just got armored Zod... he's awesome. Looking for Key Superman, Faora, and Jor-El... have not seen any of them yet!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Iron Patriot: surrender peacefully alien

Superman: I am not your enemy Colonel

This is what Earth's military is made of?

Do I need to kill you Stark? For the son of Jor-El to show his face?

No matter how violent, every action I take is for the greater good of my people. Goodbye Stark.

I went to visit relatives and stopped at Big Lots on the way home. Surprisingly, they still had Green and Red Arrow sitting there. I grabbed both of them. This time, I'll try selling off the Nekron arms at cost and keep the figures If that works, I'll use the money to ebay Nekkron's lower torso. Diabolically clever, I know. They also have All-stars Green Lantern. Haven't bothered with him as of yet--not a build a figure.

I was also at an Ollie's. They had a blue caped figure with a build a figure piece. I didn't pick him up though. $5, yes; $10, no.

- - - Updated - - -

Arms sold; lower torso ordered! I'm one piece away from completing Nekron (upper torso). I'll probably just ebay Hawk MOC next week and then sell him off for whatever I can get for him.

No wallets were harmed in the making of this picture
    Last edited by Phil.Pastel; June 30, 2013 at 08:24pm.

Ebay samples turned out pretty solid

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Man, I can't wait for these to hit!
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Oh, yes, those 60's Batman figures are already on pre-order for me at Big Bad. THat's the Batman I grew up on, and the first movie I ever saw in the theater, so, even though I know the negative effects the show had on comic book properties for a couple of decades after its end, I still have a very big place in my heart for it. And, admit it, blurting out those "Holy (insert phrase)" outbursts can be a lot of fun. The likenesses on Gorshin and Ward look a good bit off in the prototypes, but you can still tell who they are supposed to be. I'm just hoping they iron out the reported problems with Yvonne Craig, because this set has a huge, gaping hole in it without Batgirl (the main reason we got a new Batgirl in the comics was because of the show, as I recall).

Cannot wait to get the cases I ordered for my store! Those 66 figures look fantastic!
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I know it likely won't happen, but the grumpy old dragon would faint dead away if they announced a King Tut figure in this line. We came so close when "The Pharaoh" appeared on Brave & Bold, but Mattel was already into "nothing but Bat variants" mode by then, so there was no chance of a figure.

Buono was absolutely brilliant in that role, obviously having a blast. They just gotta make Tut-Tut. They just gotta.

One of my Kmart's still has plenty of these, including Superman, Superboy, Batman, Mercury, Dove, and Hawk.

I picked up Hawk. I will be able to build Nekron when the lower torso arrives in the mail.

MIne just has random spots of the last wave, and some others from previous. I just got finished opening all mine up, which means now I need to hunt down the rest of Kilowog and see what else I have parts of, maybe Bane.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Here's a look at SDCC Batusi Batman!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Here's a look at SDCC Batusi Batman!
    Groovy, man!!

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    BBTS just emailed - the Batman & Robin wall-climbing set is in stock! And...'ship my loot now', please!
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Man, Hawk must be the least desired action figure ever made. Mattel always has to include one crap figure that nobody wants in every wave

Well, I can't say I blame them. He can't hold anything. And his "cape" looks ridiculous. It even looks like he may have been KO'd (based on the number of Hong Kong sellers that come up in the listings). Terrible figure.
    Last edited by Phil.Pastel; July 15, 2013 at 02:49am.

I actually never saw Hawk, did find Dove at K-mart sometime ago. But the wave showed up first at Big Lots here and then at K-mart, the first time I saw everyone but Hawk and Dove the second time everyone but Hawk.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    Man, Hawk must be the least desired action figure ever made. Mattel always has to include one crap figure that nobody wants in every wave

Well, I can't say I blame them. He can't hold anything. And his "cape" looks ridiculous. It even looks like he may have been KO'd (based on the number of Hong Kong sellers that come up in the listings). Terrible figure.
    It's actually surprising; I see Hawk left over more than Dove, and yet he is the one who had actual appearances on both JLU and Brave & Bold. The female Dove has never, to my knowledge, appeared outside the comics (although I admit she is my preferred version of the character, despite my being a devout Silver Age/Bronze Age fan).