Page 104 of 210 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 5226

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I gave up. There are no good Wal-Marts near me, and I never saw Waves 5 and 10 at retail (save one DCUC10 Batman, once), so I saw a reasonable price for Wave 14 on ebay and bit the bullet. So now, at least, I don't have to go crazy worrying about it, and am caught up (had pre-ordered Wave 15 a while back.)

That said, it's a really fantastic wave - I still have my DCD Jay Garrick, so my JSA display looks really nice now. Zatanna's hat doesn't stay on too well, and Tyr's robo-arm broke off at the shoulder when I opened the package, which is my first such incident with DCUC. And Gold really pops on the shelf.

AFI has pics up of the upcoming Hal/Sinestro 2-pack, by the by - looking forward to finding that.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Widget
    BigBadToyStore has the Green Lantern Wave 1 in.

I hate that these figures are so hard to find. It seems that all the lines geared towards collectors suffer this fate (Marvel Universe is horrible as well). There will be a few waves where we will get an over abundance and then there are waves that are non existent. I hate ordering online and paying more and shipping on top of that. Collecting figures just isn't fun anymore.

It seems like everything is all about movie franchises now. Which is sad because most of those lines are ugly and repetitive. How many Iron Mans/Batmans can a kid have? Sorry for the rant I went figure hunting today and came up empty handed (once again).

I managed to find Tyr while doing some black Friday shopping. He was the only figure from wave 14 that I wanted. I'm really loving the Super Powers updates and I especially dig the Super Powers figure stand.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    Wave 16 pictures are up is up on TNI
    http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=10&itemid=16638

Quote Originally Posted by AnnnaMot View Post
    i really only care about Mercury, Riddler, and Bane...which means I have to get all 6.

otoh, the card art is really awesome.
    Last edited by EldestSon; December 3, 2010 at 06:58pm.

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    otoh, the card art is really awesome.
    Really? I liked the current cardbacks with the collage of all the assorted DC characters better. These new cards look kind of boring now.

Even the first 11 waves of card art seemed to have more going on.

However, if blander packaging correlates to getting more accessories packed in with the figures, then I say package the figures on plain, brown cardstock.
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Just got Alan Scott & Zatanna through an .org trade- both are cool figs, though now i'm tempted to try and get Ultra-Humanite

Does anyone know what the difference between the 2 robins are? Is one supposed to be **** Grayson and one Jason Todd?

JAG2045
    My feedback
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=108414
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=jag2045
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=117706

Great traders: Blue-jackal/Fneh(2)/Daz/Royalt1us/Evil-Orko/Buythepower/Booster/Adora/Zodac101/tokyonever/lemure77(2)/Vess(2)/Scorpia/Buzzsaw Hordak/miscus555/tmc1984/General Hawk 7

I'm really digging that Robin. That's the figure that made me decide to start collecting the line. I got into the line late and the more recent BAF's haven't interested me. But since I already want 4 out of the 6 figures this may be my first BAF I get.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Just got Alan Scott & Zatanna through an .org trade- both are cool figs, though now i'm tempted to try and get Ultra-Humanite

Does anyone know what the difference between the 2 robins are? Is one supposed to be **** Grayson and one Jason Todd?

JAG2045
    Different head sculpts, one is more part of a side part and looks like super classic robin the other a bit more modern of a head sculpt.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    I wonder how big bane is going to be ?

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post

JAG2045
    They're both Grayson. The two spit curls are the way he was drawn from his debut into the 60s. After that, they switched to the side part. Unfortunately, I think the body sculpt is too big and muscular to be the Golden/Silver Age version so that head doesn't look right. But then again, I haven't seen it in person, so maybe it looks better than the pics. (Doubt it, though.)

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I'm really looking forward to Wave 16 - that Riddler figure is pretty much my dream version of the character, and I really like the Bronze-Age Robin as well - not too crazy about the Silver Age head - just looks off, somehow.

The rest of the wave is really solid, and it'll be nice to have the Azrael vs. Bane pairing - especially with a better-sized Bane.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Got all of wave 14 on ebay for an okay price and they're better than I thought. I mostly only wanted Tyr (yay, he's not candy red!) and Ultrahumanite, but I'm really impressed by Zatanna. Hindering her articulation in the hips (for the sake of the fishnets) actually solved a lot of problems so her hip joints aren't wonky like Wondergirl and Cheetah! They should just do that with all the girls from now on. Also she doesn't have Black Canary's tiny fists either. Really good figure, all that's missing is a Perez version. Ultrahumanite is worth it too, he might be my favorite CnC of the line. There was a little arms and legs warping on Komandi, Obsidian, and Alan Scott, but the joints all work, so that's not so bad. Walmarts around me just aren't stocking this wave though.

I hope there is a wave 17 and beyond. It looks like a lot of the GLC waves feature a lot of variants, which worries me some will be very hard to find.
    Last edited by gbagok; December 4, 2010 at 09:43pm.

So I took the head from the original Aquaman and transplanted it to the body of the DCUC VS MOTUC Aquaman.

It's amazing! I think the combined figure looks 10x better than either of the figures separately.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Evil Vixen/Heroic Chef Starshine's Avatar
    Where did that come from, and what's the little black disc in the bottom of the bubble?
    ~RK
    ".....We wouldn't think of putting something on the screen - whether for theatres, television, or home video - without building in pro-social values..."

- Lou Scheimer (1984)

This is what its all about, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    So I took the head from the original Aquaman and transplanted it to the body of the DCUC VS MOTUC Aquaman.

It's amazing! I think the combined figure looks 10x better than either of the figures separately.
    What's the difference between the two heads?

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
    Where did that come from, and what's the little black disc in the bottom of the bubble?
    ~RK
    The disc is actually a silver sticker to denote a Toys R Us exclusive. My Flash repaint had one. As to where it came from, I have no idea; I didn't even know a TRU-exclusive Nightwing repaint was on its way, never mind that would come out before the Joker repaint shown at SDCC.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Quote Originally Posted by Sword-of-Grayskull View Post
    never mind that would come out before the Joker repaint shown at SDCC.
    Mattel came out and said that the TRU Joker repaint isn't happening anymore - the red Renegade Nightwing repaint is the last of the TRU repaints, again, saying they haven't been performing well. (Of course they get canned right before the one that EVERYBODY wants is slated to come out.....)

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Mattel came out and said that the TRU Joker repaint isn't happening anymore - the red Renegade Nightwing repaint is the last of the TRU repaints, again, saying they haven't been performing well. (Of course they get canned right before the one that EVERYBODY wants is slated to come out.....)
    that is the mattel way. they load up with figures no one really wants only tocan tings when they are about to get to figures a lot of people really want...they are the blue ballers of the toy collecting world at times.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
    ~RK
    i got it at tru in allen, tx. the "black" disc is actually the silver tru exclusive sticker. it just photo'd weird.

yeah, from my experience, the batman's went pretty quick, but the GLs and Flash's pegwarmed. my tru got one case of the nightwings in some point last week and there are still several left on the pegs. i know it's only been a week, but i don't see this as being a fast seller.

kinda silly they'd kill the joker. that would probably sell almost as well as batman. id much rather have that one then nightwing.

i was glad to get the flash and GL, but there are TONS of Hal figs now. Having 2 Flash's is good cause one can be Barry and the other Wally.
    Last edited by EldestSon; December 5, 2010 at 06:09pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Wow who could of guessed that

It sometimes amazes me how mattel stay in business when they much such stupid moves like this

JAG2045
    My feedback
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=108414
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=jag2045
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=117706

Great traders: Blue-jackal/Fneh(2)/Daz/Royalt1us/Evil-Orko/Buythepower/Booster/Adora/Zodac101/tokyonever/lemure77(2)/Vess(2)/Scorpia/Buzzsaw Hordak/miscus555/tmc1984/General Hawk 7

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    kinda silly they'd kill the joker. that would probably sell almost as well as batman. id much rather have that one then nightwing.
    I know myself and others were planning on grabbing 2 TRU Jokers, with one to get a custom helmet/cape to make a DCUC Red Hood.

And I know there are still others who never found Joker at Wal-Mart last year. Easily the only figure from that wave that was hard to find for the duration of that wave's shipment. (At least in the Chicago area-I only ever saw 1 on pegs, but saw PLENTY of the rest of the wave, with a ton of Power Girls & Foragers still lingering around)

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    Well, the Flash repaint has been selling like hot cakes in my area. I didn't touch the first shipment that clogged a good eight pegs because the hip joints all had plastic pieces chiseled out of them, and they still all sold in a week. The next week I grabbed mine from the new shipment with a perfect paint job. Makes me glad I didn't grab the wave 7 version because of its bland ketchup and mustard paint apps.

But did they really expect the metallic GL to sell well and when they're doing basically the same figure with a height-corrected Sinestro and plenty of ring constructs in just a few months? Not too many people are going to throw money down on a figure with minimal differences. They should have reversed the order of release to see much higher sales. Heck, I don't know why they expect Nightwing to sell when he comes from a storyline that isn't that popular.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?