Page 110 of 208 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160 ... LastLast
Results 2,726 to 2,750 of 5176

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    It always surprises me (not just on this board, but everywhere I talk about DCUC) that more people don't have Wally West Flash on their "Must Have" list, especially a Mike Wieringo-based Wally with the right triangles for the wings on his head, white eyes, and the deep scarlet and gold colors. Both Mattel and DC Direct keep giving us Barry, but at this point I feel like I'm never going to have a Wally in my collection.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    I finally found Martian Manhunter last night. His right leg was stuck. I tried the heat and freeze trick and that loosened it right up.

I know that everyone had been saying that there are Martian Manhunters out there with incorrect smaller biceps, and in some cases even one of each. I don't know what I got but they look pretty bulky to me and they have the veins on them that are consistent with the rest of arm sculpt. Whichever the case, I'm going to pretend I have the correct ones because I'm happy with him as is.
    Looking at mine that I got within the last week, looks like he has the smaller biceps. First figure I got that was off, they did have two at my store but they looked identical.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Mera
    Poison Ivy
    Swamp Thing C&C
    Doomsday C&C
    Granny Goodness
    Hawk (Hank Hall)
    Dove (Don Hall)
    Fire
    Ice
    Jay Garrick (rumored for Wave 19)
    Wesley Dodds Sandman (rumored for Wave 19)
    Commissioner Gordon- they are making one in the movie masters line
    Business suit Lex
    Zoom
    Ra's Al Ghul
    Atrocitus
    Larfleeze
    Warlord
    Vixen
    Parallax (Hal Jordan)
    i would say these are almost a sure thing
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Looking at mine that I got within the last week, looks like he has the smaller biceps. First figure I got that was off, they did have two at my store but they looked identical.
    If you can look at the biceps and tell that they are small then I must have gotten the correct ones. (I don't mean to rub it in.) Because mine looks fine. And they had 2 Martian Manhunters where I picked him up as well. But they weren't identical. One of them had 2 left feet. It's a good thing I noticed because he was the one I was going to buy.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Scored the Creeper and Riddler today, there both cool figs, so far i've noticed much better paint & QC on this wave, hopefully it will remain this way for the future waves

Regarding the Batman Legacy line, will the figures be in DCUC scale & style? So if they release a Commissioner Gordon will I be able to display it with my other DCUC figs? Also has a list of figures been released for this line?

JAG2045
    My feedback
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=108414
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=jag2045
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=117706

Great traders: Blue-jackal/Fneh(2)/Daz/Royalt1us/Evil-Orko/Buythepower/Booster/Adora/Zodac101/tokyonever/lemure77(2)/Vess(2)/Scorpia/Buzzsaw Hordak/miscus555/tmc1984/General Hawk 7

If you can look at the biceps and tell that they are small then I must have gotten the correct ones. (I don't mean to rub it in.) Because mine looks fine. And they had 2 Martian Manhunters where I picked him up as well. But they weren't identical. One of them had 2 left feet. It's a good thing I noticed because he was the one I was going to buy.
    I didn't know of the fault, the other one could have had the right biceps I was more looking at the head. I didn't have an option on heads but was making sure. Having had no problems like that, even looking after I have gotten home I forget that stuff like that can happen. I was more like finally K-mart got in the wave than anything else. I am still OK with it, he was more gotten for a Justice League set than anything.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Regarding the Batman Legacy line, will the figures be in DCUC scale & style? So if they release a Commissioner Gordon will I be able to display it with my other DCUC figs? Also has a list of figures been released for this line?

JAG2045
    Some will - there are DCUC size/scale figs (SP Mr. Freeze, Golden Age Joker, and another Bats, with rumors of a second wave including Catman coming), but the line will also include Movie Masters figures (like Gordon) and Arkham City figures, with their own style.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

found creeper, hex, and mercury today. nice figures, but the double jointed knees do NOTHING for mercury and creeper. i'm all for more articulation, but this articulation is unusable because the two of them (especially creeper) have almost zero ankle articulation. so you can bend their knees into super squat poses, but you can't stand them because you can't move their feet to match.

Scored a Jonah Hex and Black Hand today,

Black hands ok, nothing special- I only got him to complete Arkillo who is a pretty cool CNC

However I really like the sculpt for Hex and the weapons he comes with (I wish more of the figures came with accessories) but I like how they have got rid of the annoying inner tray twist ties/rubber bands with this wave

JAG2045
    My feedback

Great traders: Blue-jackal/Fneh(2)/Daz/Royalt1us/Evil-Orko/Buythepower/Booster/Adora/Zodac101/tokyonever/lemure77(2)/Vess(2)/Scorpia/Buzzsaw Hordak/miscus555/tmc1984/General Hawk 7

Now that I've seen Superman All-Star, I was Bar-El and Lilo. More two-packs that should have been, Mattel!

I haven't seen anything new in stores though. I'm so glad I can get stuff online.

However I really like the sculpt for Hex and the weapons he comes with (I wish more of the figures came with accessories) but I like how they have got rid of the annoying inner tray twist ties/rubber bands with this wave

JAG2045
    Dude, I totally agree!

OMG this line still exists!! I actually found the CURRENT WAVE. Can't you believe it?! I was surprised as heck to see the actual wave that is supposed to be out right now. I'm still shocked! I mean, it doesn't matter for the previous waves, since they never showed up and probably never will, but hey, something's here!

I bought Mercury, since I'm trying to collect the Metal Men (though I'll probably never see Gold) and Azrael Batman, 'cause he's using the same mold as that red one with the flamethrower in that old "Batman through the ages" toyline (or whatever it was).

So, neat! I'll bet you anything that this will be the only time I see this wave, though. Next thing I know they'll put out another stock of Wonder Woman and Green Arrow.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

You never know what you’ll find at a discount clearance store. I just went into Tuesday Morning and found the Cyborg Superman/Mongul and Green Lantern/Abin Sur 2 packs for just $15 each. I just got into DCUC less than a year ago and had missed out on both of those.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Not a huge update, but in perusing the various Mattel Q&As from this month, they mention in a few places that the themed waves are going away.

Wave 19 will be partially-themed, and Wave 20 will not have a theme.

So since they've confirmed at least two Golden Agers in Wave 19, I'm assuming that the partial theme of the JSA will stand, but some of that rumored lineup may be switched out, but that Wave 20's GL theme will be broken up (but Nekron's already been confirmed as the C&C.)

I think that's probably for the best, so they can get back to gradually working on teams bit by bit. (Doom Patrol, Metal Men, etc.)

Managed to score Az-Bats and mercury last week so finally completed Bane. I have to say wave 16 has definetly been my favourite wave in quite some time

Now need to find GL wave 2 and wave 17 (though i'm torn because im not really a fan of the deputy rainbow lanterns but really want the anti-monitor CNC

JAG2045
    Last edited by JAG2045; April 21, 2011 at 09:40am.
    My feedback

Chronically Groovy Mighty Puundragon's Avatar
    You never know what you’ll find at a discount clearance store. I just went into Tuesday Morning and found the Cyborg Superman/Mongul and Green Lantern/Abin Sur 2 packs for just $15 each. I just got into DCUC less than a year ago and had missed out on both of those.
    I have to check out Tuesday Morning around here. They have at least 2 or 3 of them in town. I just started collecting these in February and just got my 75th figure on Monday.

Now need to find GL wave 2 and wave 17 (though i'm torn because im not really a fan of the deputy rainbow lanternsbut really want the anti-monitor CNC
    Well, the good news is that Wave 17 isn't even out.....yet.

I managed to get a case of GL Wave 2 from my LCS 2 weeks ago. Skallox & Dex-Starr are the standouts for me!
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Whatever happened to the LoSH wave on Matty? Did I miss something about that being canceled?

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Whatever happened to the LoSH wave on Matty? Did I miss something about that being canceled?
    August is the date now, I believe. I think they only just finished revealing the sculpts at WonderCon, unless there's someone they haven't shown yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    August is the date now, I believe. I think they only just finished revealing the sculpts at WonderCon, unless there's someone they haven't shown yet.
    Thanks! Wow, I thought they'd shown everyone at SDCC. It was a big wave as I recall however.

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    Finally found a Martian Manhunter at my local comic shop, but when I brought it home, it had a frozen hip joint. What's the method of unfreezing those things - first blowdryer and then freezer, or is it the opposite order?

The first store in my area to get in GL Classics - comic shops included - is my local TRU, which was cleaned out of Kyle. Anyone notice that TRU has GLC figures at $18 while DCUC is still $15? It's a really cheap way to cash in on a movie year.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

I ordered all my GLC online, then the day after I get them my Walmart has two cases of wave 2 in. Would have been cheaper but I have no clue if or when my store is going to get something.

Thanks! Wow, I thought they'd shown everyone at SDCC. It was a big wave as I recall however.
    Actually, it's been said that it'll come as 1 big Mattycollector.com 12 figure box set for late summer. (I kinda doubt that with logistics - I think 12 individually carded figures or 2 6-packs will make better for shipping)

But, Matty has pulled out some really nice packaging projects in the past, so we'll see what happens...
    This space for rent, apparently.....

The Legion 12-pack is still a go and will be sold on MattyCollector.com in late summer/early fall as a full set only. I believe the release month is tentatively scheduled for August and the price will be approximately $180 ($15 per figure). It should include 11 standard size figures, 1 oversize figure (Colossal Boy), Proty, and a flight ring.

They have put GL wave 2 on matty now for the May 17th slot. They are doing the wave as individual figures rather than as a case like they did with Darkseid/Metallo waves

Wonder which ones will sell out first? Im guessing star sapphire and Skallox/Nite-Lik

JAG2045
    My feedback