Page 112 of 210 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,800 of 5237

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I read Swamp Thing is 9 inches tall. That took me by surprise. Should he be that size compared to the 6 inch figures? That seems a little big, doesn't it?

Then again, Lobo is pretty darn huge.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Think he is listed as being something like 7 foot tall.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    Question for those of you who have seen Robin on the shelves:

What have you been seeing more of: the golden/silver age style head or the Superfriends/Kenner's Superpowers style head?

I've seen about 7 or so Robins with the part in the middle and I haven't seen one of the side parted version Robin. I finally broke down and got one of the vintage style Robins but I'm dying to get a hold of the Superfriends/Superpowers version.
    My local store had an equal amount but now there are only a few "classic" robin figures left, and none of the 70's style robins

JAG2045
    My feedback
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=108414
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=jag2045
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=117706

Great traders: Blue-jackal/Fneh(2)/Daz/Royalt1us/Evil-Orko/Buythepower/Booster/Adora/Zodac101/tokyonever/lemure77(2)/Vess(2)/Scorpia/Buzzsaw Hordak/miscus555/tmc1984/General Hawk 7

Chronically Groovy Mighty Puundragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    My local store had an equal amount but now there are only a few "classic" robin figures left, and none of the 70's style robins

JAG2045
    I have only seen the side part version myself. Question, is the middle part version supposed to be **** or did they make Jason Todd?

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I think they're both supposed to be Grayson - just Silver and Bronze Age versions. Although I think a number of people are using the second as Jason, but I don't believe that was Mattel's intention.

Personally, I like the Bronze Age version best, and that's the one on my shelf - something about the Silver Age head seems too small for my tastes.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    I think they're both supposed to be Grayson - just Silver and Bronze Age versions. Although I think a number of people are using the second as Jason, but I don't believe that was Mattel's intention.

Personally, I like the Bronze Age version best, and that's the one on my shelf - something about the Silver Age head seems too small for my tastes.
    I've actually seen more side-part Bronze Age versions on shelves. I think it might be rarer because that's the one people want and they're buying them up. (I bought two, one to go with The Super Friends, one with the Titans.) The middle part/spit curl version should be on the smaller Kid Flash body. The Robin body is too beefy to be the Golden/Silver Age version. (And yeah, they're both Grayson, just from different eras.)

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    I'd be able to chime in if I could actually find any Robin at retail. The first sign of wave 16 in my area was last week at a TRU that had Jonah Hex, the Creeper, and Mercury (or whatever the Metal Man is).
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Chronically Groovy Mighty Puundragon's Avatar
    I have really only been collecting these since February but have always looked at these in the stores since the first series. I think the biggest frustration to me is the wasted opportunities they have had for variants. I just don't understand the point of the two Booster Gold, Deadman, Aquaman, Big Barda and other variants where there is very little difference overall.

In the Validus wave Starman was a great variant but Martain Manhunter was silly. The same can be said about Steppenwolf and Deadman. In the Trigon wave why not give Superboy a variant and do Connor Kent in the t-shirt and jeans? Instead they do two Negative Man figs. Just doesn't seem logical to me.

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I read Swamp Thing is 9 inches tall. That took me by surprise. Should he be that size compared to the 6 inch figures? That seems a little big, doesn't it?

Then again, Lobo is pretty darn huge.
    That's one of the things that sort of ticks me off about this line. Just because a character is slightly taller than the rest of the DCU, they don't have to be 9". That means that Swamp thing is approx 9 feet tall! I feel that he should have been pretty much exactly the size of a MOTUC figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Puundragon View Post
    I have really only been collecting these since February but have always looked at these in the stores since the first series. I think the biggest frustration to me is the wasted opportunities they have had for variants. I just don't understand the point of the two Booster Gold, Deadman, Aquaman, Big Barda and other variants where there is very little difference overall.

In the Validus wave Starman was a great variant but Martain Manhunter was silly. The same can be said about Steppenwolf and Deadman. In the Trigon wave why not give Superboy a variant and do Connor Kent in the t-shirt and jeans? Instead they do two Negative Man figs. Just doesn't seem logical to me.
    I agree that many variants seem pointless. But in some cases they are drastically different figures. Consider figures such as Steppenwolf, Mantis, and Parademon who had drastic differences between their comic appearance and the old Superpowers toy line. I approach this line as a toy collector who also loved the Superpowers line so I love having these Superpowers variants.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    I agree that many variants seem pointless. But in some cases they are drastically different figures. Consider figures such as Steppenwolf, Mantis, and Parademon who had drastic differences between their comic appearance and the old Superpowers toy line. I approach this line as a toy collector who also loved the Superpowers line so I love having these Superpowers variants.
    The drastic variants, like the SP guys or Starman, make a lot of sense. I don't know that there were tons of (or any) collectors demanding a skull-faced Negative Man, helmetless Barda, etc.

In the case of Robin, I would have thought a Grayson/Todd split would have made more sense. Or a red repaint of Azbats, although that could probably sell in a two-pack down the road somewhere.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by TrimmTrabb View Post
    That's one of the things that sort of ticks me off about this line. Just because a character is slightly taller than the rest of the DCU, they don't have to be 9". That means that Swamp thing is approx 9 feet tall! I feel that he should have been pretty much exactly the size of a MOTUC figure.
    Yeah I figured he might look freakishly tall next to Superman or something (and they look the same height on the cover of a comic I saw). Oh well, I guess.

I have a question for everyone that owns Star Sapphire:

Do you have any problems moving her hips? I just got mine today and her hips seem to be soft plastic and when you move them, the piece doesn't REALLY move...so it goes back into place on its own. I fixed her right hip...but I can't fix her left one and I'm afraid it will rip off! I've had this happen to quite a few toys, so I know it's coming.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

I have a question for everyone that owns Star Sapphire:

Do you have any problems moving her hips? I just got mine today and her hips seem to be soft plastic and when you move them, the piece doesn't REALLY move...so it goes back into place on its own. I fixed her right hip...but I can't fix her left one and I'm afraid it will rip off! I've had this happen to quite a few toys, so I know it's coming.
    This can happen to any random figure. The last 2 figures I've opened (Robin & Donna Troy) I had this issue with.

I’ve had to unfreeze quite a few frozen hip joints. You have to heat the figure up and then freeze it. Most people like to boil the figure for a few minutes. But I think that’s too much heat for too short a time period. I prefer a method that involves less heat for a longer period.

- Heat oven to 160 degrees.
    - Wad up a piece of aluminum foil about 1-2 inches thick and the length of the figure. Place foil on baking sheet/pan.
    - Place figure directly on top of foil. Make sure the figure is not touching the pan.
    - Place in oven for 13 minutes. (Don’t freak out about this. Boiling water is actually hotter than 160 degrees and people seem to love the boil method.)
    - Immediately place figure into your freezer and let cool for 30 minutes.
    - Gently wiggle the joint until it is loose.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Oh my...I don't know if I can do any of that. As soon as I saw the word "oven" I started freaking out! I might just live with her as she is.

I have another question about the new DCUC female buck (which Star Sapphire uses). Why does she even have the separation under bust? I mean...I tried to move it and it doesn't go anywhere. Wouldn't it have been cheaper to do one piece? I don't get it (unless mine's just stuck or something)

I mean, the Marvel Legends females can't move too much that have this joint, but they can move front-to-back a bit and a little side-to-side. Definitely no "twist" though.

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    I don't understand why we're getting frozen hip joints again. This was supposed to have been fixed after wave 6 when they moved to the flash welding method. Now from wave 15 onward we're getting them again. What happened - they cheapened the production method again while raising the SRP?
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

I agree about the variants. I think they should limit them to actual different versions of certain characters, not translucent limbs or awkward heads or whatever.

I feel for those that can't find Robin. Not sure how they could fix something like that. The problem is simply that more people want him and that's why he's hard to find. But odd-balls like Mercury and Creeper, not so much. But stores aren't going to keep buying cases and cases of these when only certain characters are in demand. Mercury is tuning into one of those legendary peg warmers. I know the Metal Men have their fans, but this isn't looking good.

I am hoping the way they did two figures in each of the Green Lantern series rubs off. That is instead of variants where their is such little difference pack them with the extra pieces/head. Martian Manhunter is the perfect example of this, he should have been packed with the extra head and hand.

For something like the Artemis variant you could pack an extra head but also have one packed with the Artemis head.

Of course I could see a problem for openers, and wanting each figure and ending up with extra heads. But for something like Martian Manhunter or Robin where the only real difference is the head. Pack them of course in a way that both heads are on body for card collectors.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    I am hoping the way they did two figures in each of the Green Lantern series rubs off. That is instead of variants where their is such little difference pack them with the extra pieces/head. Martian Manhunter is the perfect example of this, he should have been packed with the extra head and hand.

For something like the Artemis variant you could pack an extra head but also have one packed with the Artemis head.

Of course I could see a problem for openers, and wanting each figure and ending up with extra heads. But for something like Martian Manhunter or Robin where the only real difference is the head. Pack them of course in a way that both heads are on body for card collectors.
    That's actually a great solution!

I am almost done with this line. Bought Star Sapphire because I like the character but man the face and body are definitely subpar. I have no interest in the next few waves either. I used to collect almost all of them, but now it's once in a while. Glad I got a Kyle Rayner GL cause I think I'm phasing out of this one. Minimates, Lego, Hot Toys, and Motu is plenty to keep me busy

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    That's actually a great solution!
    I agree. They need to MOTUC it!

Quote Originally Posted by hopewell View Post
    I am almost done with this line. Bought Star Sapphire because I like the character but man the face and body are definitely subpar.
    What's wrong with her face? My Star Sapphire is GORGEOUS (this one guy on AFI says she looks like Cher, which made me lol, but I can see it)! The only thing that's odd is...her eyes are painted like they're looking up...diagonally. It's like...is there something in the corner of the ceiling?

I also like her body, but they TOTALLY failed on the under-bust articulation.

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    That was the Original plan, They had to nix it after the Variant OMAC did not reach their price goal.

I agree. They need to MOTUC it!

What's wrong with her face? My Star Sapphire is GORGEOUS (this one guy on AFI says she looks like Cher, which made me lol, but I can see it)! The only thing that's odd is...her eyes are painted like they're looking up...diagonally. It's like...is there something in the corner of the ceiling?

I also like her body, but they TOTALLY failed on the under-bust articulation.
    Mine looks like Cher and I don't consider that a good thing and had wonky crazy eyes. I think one's bigger than the other. I kinda regret even buying her. I hope they do a classic version later on down the line.

Mine looks like Cher and I don't consider that a good thing and had wonky crazy eyes. I think one's bigger than the other. I kinda regret even buying her. I hope they do a classic version later on down the line.
    Several figures from this year I look at and I am just not wowed like I am with most of the other figures. I wonder if they over extended themselves.

To put it all in context, characters I normally wouldn't pick up I almost pick up in this line just because they look that good.

Now I don't have as extreme of a reaction as you did, I still like the figures just not as OMG THIS IS AWESOME.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Contact View Post
    That was the Original plan, They had to nix it after the Variant OMAC did not reach their price goal.
    The original plan was to start packing in alternative heads and they nixed it because individually packed variants didn't move like they wanted? Am I missing the correlation here?

Or do I need to go drink more wake up juice?
    Last edited by wyldman11; May 12, 2011 at 11:13am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Contact View Post
    I've never heard of the variant OMAC- was it supposed to be the more recent blue one from Infinite Crisis?

JAG2045
    My feedback
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=108414
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=jag2045
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=117706

Great traders: Blue-jackal/Fneh(2)/Daz/Royalt1us/Evil-Orko/Buythepower/Booster/Adora/Zodac101/tokyonever/lemure77(2)/Vess(2)/Scorpia/Buzzsaw Hordak/miscus555/tmc1984/General Hawk 7

Mine looks like Cher and I don't consider that a good thing
    Boo! Cher's gorgeous. Hater!

Star Sapphire's eyes should have been painted better though. All in all, I'm pretty happy with her! I haven't bought a DCUC figure in about a year, but I picked her up because I thought she looked really nice!