Page 113 of 208 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 5176

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    The original plan was to start packing in alternative heads and they nixed it because individually packed variants didn't move like they wanted? Am I missing the correlation here?

Or do I need to go drink more wake up juice?
    Heres the Original Quote
    Kastor Korner Interview: Ask Matty 11/15/10

Kastor: Wave 15 of DCUC has 2 Martian Manhunters which have heads that come off rather easily. There was some information that like Omac/Kamadi Jemm and Martian Manhunter were supposed to be variants. Martian Manhunter would have come with pack-in alternate head and attachments, which would have given more room for other characters. Was that the original plan?

Matty: Martian Manhunter and Jemm were never intended to be variants. Originally, Kamandi and Omac were going to be variants but that proved to be too expensive and so they were broken out into separate figures.
    Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    I've never heard of the variant OMAC- was it supposed to be the more recent blue one from Infinite Crisis?

JAG2045
    As the quote above states it was just mentioned as Variant Most agree with you that it would have been Batman's Brother Eye's OMAC's we would have seen. A few believe though it would have been the Black Leather Coat Wearing OMAC from the 90's mini series.

I have a random question for you more knowledgeable DC comics/toy collectors:

Was the camouflage variant of DCSH Bane based on a specific comic appearance or was it a random Mattel invented variant? I’ve only ever seen Bane depicted in all black but my DC comic knowledge is very lacking.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Random from my understanding.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

GL Wave 2 went on sale today on matty, so far Sodom Yat, Star Sapphire, Dex-Starr, Despotellis, and B'dg are all sold out and Skallox/Nite-Lik, Medphyll/Naut Kei Loi and G'Hu are all almost sold out

I must say i'm really surprised at this, I thought they would stay for a little while longer, but at least none of the figs are sitting in mattys store gathering dust

On a seperate note, I have read online that the GL movie masters come with parts for a CNC Parallax, will he (it?) be in scale with DCUC?

JAG2045
    My feedback
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=108414
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=jag2045
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=117706

Great traders: Blue-jackal/Fneh(2)/Daz/Royalt1us/Evil-Orko/Buythepower/Booster/Adora/Zodac101/tokyonever/lemure77(2)/Vess(2)/Scorpia/Buzzsaw Hordak/miscus555/tmc1984/General Hawk 7

I saw a parrallax with a 2-3 inch hal. I almost picked it up but I was like eeeh.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

On a seperate note, I have read online that the GL movie masters come with parts for a CNC Parallax, will he (it?) be in scale with DCUC?

JAG2045

Having seen the movie masters figures at my work I can say yes it will be in scale with dcuc.
    Mattel I demand the following:

Spinwit,Spinnerella, The Scientists, Rio Blast, Mara, Crita, Kayo, Mermista,

My Facebook, check it out!

JAG2045
    mostly. i think they are a little short (like the sneak peak movie fig that came in the GL Classics wave).

however, you have to buy FIFTEEN figures to put Parallax together and thus far, they've only released THREE figures. They are $15 each so to put Paralax together you are looking at $225. And the figures are sub-par when compared to DCUC/GLC.

i was thinking of just getting the Paralax that comes with the 3.75" movie hal, but it looks ridiculous.

So my local walmart has had the Zatanna wave peg warming for months now. How many waves behind am I exactly? When should I start looking for Toyman?

I'm always confused about what the current wave is "supposed" to be.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    So my local walmart has had the Zatanna wave peg warming for months now. How many waves behind am I exactly? When should I start looking for Toyman?

Wave 16 shipped out about two-three months ago (Bane wave), and Green Lantern Classics Wave 2 shipped not too long after that (Stel wave).

Wave 17 - the Rainbow Corps/Deputy Lantern wave (Anti-Monitor) is just starting to ship now.

Wave 18 - the Superfriends wave (Apache Chief), should be shipping to be on shelves probably around July, I would imagine - so no Toyman for a while yet.

The Legion box set goes on sale in August, and there's another Wal-Mart five-pack (the Crime Syndikate of Earth-3) coming at some point. That's all they've officially confirmed.

Waves 19 and 20 will likely be announced at SDCC in July, if 19 doesn't start to leak first. (Early rumors have it being at least partially JSA-themed.)
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    Wave 16 shipped out about two-three months ago (Bane wave), and Green Lantern Classics Wave 2 shipped not too long after that (Stel wave).

Wave 17 - the Rainbow Corps/Deputy Lantern wave (Anti-Monitor) is just starting to ship now.

Wave 18 - the Superfriends wave (Apache Chief), should be shipping to be on shelves probably around July, I would imagine - so no Toyman for a while yet.

The Legion box set goes on sale in August, and there's another Wal-Mart five-pack (the Crime Syndikate of Earth-3) coming at some point. That's all they've officially confirmed.

Waves 19 and 20 will likely be announced at SDCC in July, if 19 doesn't start to leak first. (Early rumors have it being at least partially JSA-themed.)
    Thanks! So I guess locally I'm about 3 months behind. Just one wave then. This is exactly why I'm so glad MOTUC is NOT at retail.

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    Thanks! So I guess locally I'm about 3 months behind. Just one wave then. This is exactly why I'm so glad MOTUC is NOT at retail.
    Ditto. I'm three months behind as well with wave 16 and GLC wave 1 just starting to show up, and I don't think we're alone. Just about every TransFan is bemoaning the last few Generations and Reveal the Shield waves never making it to their brick-and-mortar stores because the pegs have been clogged since Christmas. It's just the terrible economy. This may go down as the worst year for toy collecting in the past two decades.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Which figures are warming the pegs?
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

pretty sure the zatanna wave is still shipping to walmarts because a few walmarts near me (including one that just had the bane wave) just got in a case each.

Quote Originally Posted by adol View Post
    Which figures are warming the pegs?
    I believe my last count at my store I had between 6-8 of each figure from the wave, started with I think 10. Still have a full set of GLC wave 2 for the past three weeks. Well I haven't checked this week.

The Walmart near me hasen't had any DCUC since January. The only Wave 14 figures I have are Tyr, Kamandi, and Green Lantern.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Quote Originally Posted by adol View Post
    The Walmart near me hasen't had any DCUC since January. The only Wave 14 figures I have are Tyr, Kamandi, and Green Lantern.
    Which ones do you need?

There's a bunch down here at the Valencia Wal-Mart. I haven't went through them in a while though...
    Need stuff? I might just have it!

Check out my shop!

SHOP1321

http://blujay.com/scar1321
    I'm always adding stuff!

If you guys are looking for a deal on the GL Movie Masters, Enchanted Toy Chest has a pre-pay deal for the first 6 figures and also the second 6 figures. Each set is $69.99 or $11.66 per figure plus shipping. They won't ship until all the figures from that set are available, but it's by far the best price I have seen on these since Walmart, TRU, and Target are charging $15-16 + tax.

I can vouch for Scott at ETC. He is always on top of the Mattel DC stuff and he has great customer service.

http://www.enchantedtoychest.com/ser...ers/Categories

_

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    Quote Originally Posted by scar1321 View Post
    Which ones do you need?

There's a bunch down here at the Valencia Wal-Mart. I haven't went through them in a while though...
    whats better ? no toys or toys with missing C&C
    the walmart by my house has all the figures but missing parts or Marvel figures in DC packs

I never like "the movie" versions of any toy lines. They're always so drab and boring compared to comic style lines. I considered buying the Hal Jordan figure for about two seconds and realized I had no use for him since I wasn't going to display him with my other figures. The 3 3/4" figures are just AWFUL! This line is really terrible in my opinion.

toynewsi.com has pics up of the just announced TRU exclusive Joker/Harley 2-pack. Harley looks to finally have the corrected white face paint, and Joker is in the repainted black suit shown way back when. (For those of us looking to make a custom red Hood) Looks sexy as hell, and they have the figures posed in the package similar to the following Alex Ross art:

This space for rent, apparently.....

Someone posted to the mattycollector facebook page a picture from a japanese toy site. But looks like I can't see it now. Found another image

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    What, they couldn't have given us the Bang gun this time around? I'll probably get it, but only if I have a TRU coupon or it's on clearance. It's just too expensive for just one figure I really want and another that should have been that way from the beginning.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I will definitely be picking that up. Yes, half of it is just correcting what should have been, but it's a really nice set.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

I have never seen either locally, but then I am going to have to rely on those I know near a TRU to pick me one up.

I won't be getting this set. Sure, I'd love a white faced Harley but I'm not paying all that to get it. I'm not THAT put off by the blue-faced one.