Page 116 of 211 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166 ... LastLast
Results 2,876 to 2,900 of 5267

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I just opened my Nite-Lik/Skallox figure and he has the gummy/rubber feeling hip joints that if you move the leg, the joint doesn't move and the leg will rip off. So...I can\t move his legs.

It's BOTH of his legs too. My Star Sapphire has one decent leg, the other has this problem as well. What's going on?
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    which is weird since you'd think more people would army build them. I wanted to until they had the weird head/neck issue where it doesn't look right on top of the body.
    Not for $18 a piece. No army builder is worth that much. Heck, even $15 is overpriced. I have three of them, and while I would like more, not for that price. Besides, after I collected 10 of every Cobra Soldier back in 2007-2009, I realized that army building was not the best idea. They just take up more room that necessary. Not to mention having to clean each one off due to the dust every 6 months...

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I just opened my Nite-Lik/Skallox figure and he has the gummy/rubber feeling hip joints that if you move the leg, the joint doesn't move and the leg will rip off. So...I can\t move his legs.

It's BOTH of his legs too. My Star Sapphire has one decent leg, the other has this problem as well. What's going on?
    Best solution is to boil the figure and then put him in the freezer for like 45 minutes. Take him out, and then just move the legs and it should work fine. I have had to do that with Tim Burton Batman, Azrael Batman, Skallox, Starman, and Medophyll, and I'm sure there is going to be at least one figure in W17 I'm going to have to do that to.
    Last edited by Dr Kain; June 13, 2011 at 12:15pm.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Best solution is to boil the figure and then put him in the freezer for like 45 minutes. Take him out, and then just move the legs and it should work fine. I have had to do that with Tim Burton Batman, Azrael Batman, Skallox, Starman, and Medophyll, and I'm sure there is going to be at least one figure in W17 I'm going to have to do that to.
    I'm afraid to try that when I encounter that problem because when I did it with Black Manta, the leg just broke right off. I don't remember how long I put it in hot water first, but it wasn't boiling. Does that make all the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by scar1321 View Post
    Which ones do you need?

There's a bunch down here at the Valencia Wal-Mart. I haven't went through them in a while though...
    I'm trying to finish off the wave to complete Ultra Humanite. I want Hourman, Zatanna, Obsidion, and Gold. Pretty much with Hourman and Zatanna at higher priority.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Chronically Groovy Mighty Puundragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adol View Post
    I'm trying to finish off the wave to complete Ultra Humanite. I want Hourman, Zatanna, Obsidion, and Gold. Pretty much with Hourman and Zatanna at higher priority.
    If you don't need the figure I have the Ultra Humanite Arm that came with Zatanna.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Thanks! Is TB Batman the all black repaint?

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I'm afraid to try that when I encounter that problem because when I did it with Black Manta, the leg just broke right off. I don't remember how long I put it in hot water first, but it wasn't boiling. Does that make all the difference?
    Eeeee...that's what I'm afraid of!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

YAY!!!!

And......

This space for rent, apparently.....

My biggest frustration at the moment is with the distribution of figures in a case. I don't understand why there are 1 of the popular characters in a case but 2 of the junk figs that are going to be warming the shelves and preventing new cases from being ordered any time soon. I am not sure why the GL series 1 didn't have 3 Kyle Rayners and one of everyone else.

I don't suppose anyone has a Kyle Rayner w/Arkillo Leg that they are looking to part with?

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Puundragon View Post
    My biggest frustration at the moment is with the distribution of figures in a case. I don't understand why there are 1 of the popular characters in a case but 2 of the junk figs that are going to be warming the shelves and preventing new cases from being ordered any time soon. I am not sure why the GL series 1 didn't have 3 Kyle Rayners and one of everyone else.

I don't suppose anyone has a Kyle Rayner w/Arkillo Leg that they are looking to part with?
    well, in the gl classics, the characters w/ multiple heads got 2 slots and in glc1 the manhunter got two slots. probably so people could army build (tho i think mattel overestimates the number of collectors who can afford to army build).

i don't recall who the other double packed fig was in glc2.

it is weird when they double packed power girl in wave 10. then re-released her in the next wave (or wave after).

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    You know, Skullface, I've been wanting to see an image like that for a LONG time. It's been a bone of some contention with me for years that no one has ever made the Legion of Doom in one style/line. (DCD Justice came close, but dropped the ball on Riddler and Giganta.)

I'll likely be taking some of my own photos when I actually get Wave 18 in hand, but I'm looking forward to it.

The Super Powers lineup is neat, too - I'm still hoping we get a SP-colored Penguin at some point (though I don't care if we don't get a recolored Kalibak or buckethead Orion at any point.)
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    (though I don't care if we don't get a recolored Kalibak or buckethead Orion at any point.)
    That's funny because I want those two more than another Penguin (though he'll probably show up in Batman Legacies). We need more than a recoloring on Kalibak though.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    That's funny because I want those two more than another Penguin (though he'll probably show up in Batman Legacies). We need more than a recoloring on Kalibak though.
    Which is why I'd be surprised if we see a SP Kalibak, since he's a BAF who'd need tweaking....I don't see Mattel springing for that, unless maybe in a TRU 2-pack kind of thing.

I never liked the huge helmet on Orion, although it made for a neat action feature, but I always loved the SP Penguin - something about the figure always reminds me of childhood. I can just imagine how he'll look on the shelf with Wave 10 Joker, Wave 16 Riddler, Killer Moth and the 5-pack Two-Face!

Wave 17 arrived just a little while ago, so as usual, it is time to post my thoughts on each one. Before that though, I wanted to say that they did not disappoint on any aspect of this line. At least one figure contains the "leg molded into waist syndrome," one figure cannot turn at the waist, and others have extremely loose joints. As I said, no disappointments because I have come to just accept them and now it is a pool on who is going to get the defective, especially for the leg syndrome one. Who has it this time? Last time it was Az Bats and Burton Bats for W16 and Skallox and Naut Lik Kei for GLW2 (NLK also cannot rotate at the waist).

Indigo Atom - This figure is really really nice. THe paint details are top notch and are not sloppy at all and the articulation is standard with no issues. This figure is so good that he is definitely a must get even if you do not like this wave. I love it and you can easily have it be someone else other than Atom since there is nothing here that has to even resemble Atom outside of the belt symbol since Atom has a mask over his head.

Orange Lex - Unlike Atom, this figure has a loose joint right at the lower abdomen, so it is nearly impossible to get him to not lean. , but I am impressed the majority of his armor is a new sculpt. In fact, the legs and arms might be the only thing reused as even his head is brand new. However, his head is very glossy, so it looks like he has plastic on it or something. The articulatoin is the same to the other lex except in the legs as his thighs can now move thanks to less armor wrapped around them. His lower right arm does not swivel like the left arm does, and there is no way for him to hold his lantern. Lastly though, I am very worried about the translucent plastic. I just have a feeling it is going to become brittle over time, maybe even sooner than later. Overall though, for what they did do to him though, he is pretty nice, but is definitely only for those who must buy everything.

Blue Flash - Here he is, the figure with the "leg molded into waist" syndrome. It is unfortunate, but it had to be on someone in this wave. With that said, Blue Flash is a pretty cool figure, but one again, really only for fans of the Flash or for those looking to get the entire wave. Outside of the ring hand, he is a straight up repaint with nothing new to add, so if you have the previous figure, which I'm sure you do, then you know what to expect. As soon as I am done here though, he is going right to the boiling bot to fix the leg issue. On the positive, at least it happend to the one figure that was a complete repaint.

Sinestro Scarecrow - Scarecrow is an extremely well done figure. I wished he had pants like the DCD one, but he is still a great figure nonetheless. I do hope Mattel plans to rerelease the majority of this mode as a normal Scarecrow figure because he is probably their best one yet. They captured his face nicely in the details and he is skinny the way Scarecrow should. Not to mention the coat is top notch. However, I do have to say that the dual articulation in the legs on him does not work. It just makes his legs look elongated just a little too much. It works on the arms, but not the legs. Regardless, like Atom, this is definitely a must get and will go great in either your Lantern collection or your Batman collection. It is also worth noting that we finally get a more comic accurate lantern for Sinestro.

Black Hal - I have mixed feelings on this figure. On one hand, the sculpt is truly incredible, on the other hand, he is lazy. There is nothign wrong with the paint job, but I just do not think we needed this. I like the mouth, but I do not like the hair. It looks as if they had Ryan Reynolds in mind when they sculpted him. He isn't a bad figure, and he will go nicely with my Black Lantern Corp, but he seems like a waste when we could have gotten a more zombified character. This figure is really only for Hal fans or of course those getting the entire wave. I haven't bothered to open White Hal, but he is pretty much the same thing but a different paint job and head.

Sapphire Wonder Woman - This is an interesting figure because I can compare it to the DCD one. The buck itself is like Star Sapphire's from GLW2, with the upper body being seperate from the lower body instead of a cut in the torso for crunch movement. I am not sure I like this new approach or not. Nevertheless, Anorexic Wonder Woman's paint job is pretty nice. Her lasso is plastic just like the other DCU one's was, and if you look in the pics, you can see major differences between this one and DCD's one. If I had to choose though, I would probably go with the DCU one because the legs look like she has actual boots and not just purple painted over them. On the other hand, the back looks better on the DCD one, and I like the sculpting of the hair more on the DCD one while I prefer the face on Mattel's. Articulation wins out in the end for me though, so as I said, I will take the DCU one. She can make a nice addition to you single Star Sapphire though and like Atom, just pretend she is someone else. I forgot to include her lantern in the pictures though, but it is nice that someone in this corp of two remembered to bring their's.

Anti-Monitor - At last, what we all have been waiting for. Is he big? Is he is worth it? Uh...

Yeah, pictures speak louder than words. Here he is with the previous BAFs:

At least the sculpting is nice. Seriously though, I have extremely mixed thoughts on him. I knew he was not going to be huge, but he just seems so lackluster now that I have him in head. He has a cloth cape that was folded into his armor, so it cannot stay straight. They could have at least put in the effort and put wiring into it like they did with Trigon. Instead, we get something that feels like it was about at a $1 store. To make matters worth, the cloth is wrapped over the peg where the head sticks, making it impossible to fully lock the head down. Finally, the cloth has small hold in it, which is to place a beg on the back of the back armor into a small hole that is supposed to keep the cloth in place. Let me say this does not work. The armor peg stays in that hole for maybe 2 minutes tops and then it slides out. Very underwhelming, very disappointing, and very small. They should have made him be 7 pieces and just gave the extra piece to White Hal, at least there would be a reason to get both of him. On the other hand, he is kind of cool but probably my least favorite BAF since Atom Smasher.

Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    You know, Skullface, I've been wanting to see an image like that for a LONG time. It's been a bone of some contention with me for years that no one has ever made the Legion of Doom in one style/line. (DCD Justice came close, but dropped the ball on Riddler and Giganta.)
    I'd still like to see Mattel re-do Bizarro with more of the faceted-type face, and while the Wave 17 Scarecrow is much nicer than the DCSH one, neither manages to really do it for me for the display.

And while the Wave 16 Riddler is FAR and away my pick for best figure of that whole wave, I really think he would have benefited from using the skinnier Deadman buck instead of the "buffer" Manta body.
    This space for rent, apparently.....

EMCE toys officially announced that the Retro Heroes (aka Mego-style) line is dead.

http://www.megomuseum.com/?p=1181

I have mixed feelings. I love Megos, but these figures had a lot of flaws and were expensive as all hell. I was hoping for more females... it's a shame they made a new female sculpt and only did two figures in the line. I was really hoping for a Black Canary and Catwoman, since the Mego Catwoman is dressed in that less-than-iconic short-lived blue "pirate" costume. I would have liked a classic "purple dress" version. But honestly, I won't lose any sleep over these. I'll just stick to buying the occasional vintage Mego.

Good riddance. They served no purpose, were over priced, and they looked stupid as hell.

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    Dr. Kain, your point about coming to accept frozen, defective joints is exactly why I didn't buy any DCUC today at Wizard World Philly con and haven't for the past couple of months. I refuse to pay premium price and be handed defective product. It's just sad that things have gotten to this point.

While I was never a Mego fan and personally didn't see the point of the retro line, I never begrudged its fans since it never took anything away from the other DC lines. Sorry you received such bad news, Wonderboy.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Quote Originally Posted by Sword-of-Grayskull View Post
    Dr. Kain, your point about coming to accept frozen, defective joints is exactly why I didn't buy any DCUC today at Wizard World Philly con and haven't for the past couple of months. I refuse to pay premium price and be handed defective product. It's just sad that things have gotten to this point.
    I agree with you so much.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

Batman Legacy Wave 2!!!

Batman w/ Bat Mite
    Batgirl
    Catman

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

I am all over that Legacy wave 2! Catman has been rumored ever since, what, Toy Fair? Nice to actually see him, and Bat-Mite is a welcome addition!

(Now here's hoping we'll also get Mxyzptlk in the not-too-distant future!)

i might get batman w/ batmite. i might get batgirl if it's the cassandra cain version. pass on catman.
    Last edited by EldestSon; June 28, 2011 at 04:29pm.

Oh my goodness!!!!! I MUST HAVE CATMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

I am excited to get the wave 2 Batman set.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

Batman Legacy Wave 2!!!

Batman w/ Bat Mite
    Batgirl
    Catman
    Yikes! Sorry, I think those look awful and the prototypes always look better than the real toys, so I can only imagine what THOSE will look like. Batman looks goofy, I prefer Batgirl in gray versus black, no interest in Catman and that Bat-Mite looks like a GREMLIN! Bat-Mite is fat and cute! Not sinister and evil!

i couldn't see the pics here at work, but i went to toynewsi.com to check them out. will be skipping catman and batgirl for sure. i MIGHT get batman/batmite.

i want that batcycle tho!!! can a batmobile be far behind?