Page 118 of 211 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 5267

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

I think I'm only in for the Toyman from that series. He's pretty cool looking!
    Need stuff? I might just have it!

Check out my shop!

SHOP1321

http://blujay.com/scar1321
    I'm always adding stuff!

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    so sad Target toys r us and walmart are still on the 1st green lantern wave

Quote Originally Posted by AnnnaMot View Post
    I never saw wave 1 and every place has wave 2.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by AnnnaMot View Post
    My Target never got the GL Classics, but the movie GL figures are already on clearance.

Great review! I love the Super Friends characters. This is the first wave in a long time that I ordered entirely. I thought Black Vulcan had skin showing on his chest and neck - am I mis-remembering?
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    I thought Black Vulcan had skin showing on his chest and neck - am I mis-remembering?
    It was both ways. I think the original had the bare skin and the later version had it filled in black:

Anyone know if the Mego style figures have been cancelled?
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Quote Originally Posted by adol View Post
    Anyone know if the Mego style figures have been cancelled?
    Yes they have.

I can not wait to finish the Legion of Doom and the Super Friends!!!!!

I will be done with DCUC after this wave and once they release a C&C doomsday
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    I kind of have the opposite reaction that you did, Dr Kain. Black Vulcan's bare legs and all, the Super Friends all look very faithful to their cartoon depictions. Yes, there were a few episodes where Black Vulcan had black tights instead of bare legs, but those were only a couple of appearances, versus the entire Challenge season, which is where most people remember him from. I actually like these representations better than The Wonder Twins, who looked kind of demonic.
    See, I hate the Super Friends with a passion. There was little to no fighting, everything had to be done in a kid friendly way when they had a conflict, and the animation was down right terrible. The only reason I would ever want to own the Wonder Twins is so I can complete my Ultimen team.

I hate Captain Boomerang and won't be displaying him at all. I mistakenly thought this was his son, the newer Captain Boomerang, then started reading his card back and it was the original's origin. At first I thought they'd made a mistake but then realized this WAS the original Captain B, but the way he looks today, not the Silver Age costume, I would have preferred.
    Honestly, who cares. It is the same guy, just what he looks like today. Would rather have an out of shape, overweight, old man instead?

Bronze Tiger is a nice figure and I prefer the Tiger head, but I'm not doing a Suicide Squad display, so like Boomerang, he's not getting displayed.
    Put him with Batman then. He was part of the League of Shadows during the O'Neil/Adams run. He was also part of Justice League International in the 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    I can not wait to finish the Legion of Doom and the Super Friends!!!!!

I will be done with DCUC after this wave and once they release a C&C doomsday
    Why are you done?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Yes they have.
    So no Kyle Raynor then?
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Quote Originally Posted by adol View Post
    So no Kyle Raynor then?
    Kyle Rayner is in the first wave of the Green Lantern Classics.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Kyle Rayner is in the first wave of the Green Lantern Classics.
    He meant in the Mego style line.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Why are you done?
    Because my main collections are Super Friends, Legion of Doom, Death/Return of Superman. Once all of those groups are finished then I am done.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

See, I hate the Super Friends with a passion. There was little to no fighting, everything had to be done in a kid friendly way when they had a conflict, and the animation was down right terrible. The only reason I would ever want to own the Wonder Twins is so I can complete my Ultimen team.

Honestly, who cares. It is the same guy, just what he looks like today. Would rather have an out of shape, overweight, old man instead?

Put him with Batman then. He was part of the League of Shadows during the O'Neil/Adams run. He was also part of Justice League International in the 90s.

Why are you done?
    I have to assume you're a lot younger than I am and didn't actually grown up watching Super Friends, at least not in the 70s. As a child, you don't really notice that the lack of violence or the poor animation. Even so, compared to EVERY other cartoon on at the time, SF was the most action packed, exciting, dramatic cartoon on the air.

As for Capt Boomerang, I'd only want him as Carmine Infantino drew him. All of my comic toy collections are focused on characters as they appearrd in 1985 and earlier. (With a few exceptions here and there.)

I liked Super Friends as a kid, not so much anymore.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I have to assume you're a lot younger than I am and didn't actually grown up watching Super Friends, at least not in the 70s. As a child, you don't really notice that the lack of violence or the poor animation. Even so, compared to EVERY other cartoon on at the time, SF was the most action packed, exciting, dramatic cartoon on the air.

As for Capt Boomerang, I'd only want him as Carmine Infantino drew him. All of my comic toy collections are focused on characters as they appearrd in 1985 and earlier. (With a few exceptions here and there.)
    That...or he liked the Justice League/Justice League Unlimited cartoon better, going from his Ultimen reference. It's akin to thinking Filmation's MOTU is hokey compared to the MYP version or the Fred Wolf TMNT is wack compared to the 200X TMNT. ThunderCats will probably go through the same type of Era Wars™ when TCats 2011 comes out.

Then if he's a comic book collector, that's another reason why he wouldn't like Superfriends. You have members of the comic crowd that hates the animated characters in DC Universe.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

A-HA! So they used the top part of the "pants" version of his costume. (Shakes head)
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Mega and Wonderboy, it's a little bit of both. I was born in 82, so I did not grow up with the Super Friends. However, I also saw it after BTAS, and absolutely hated it. Plus, yes, I find JLU to be vastly superior because they actually wrote solid plots with character development and they were not afraid to be violent.

Mega and Wonderboy, it's a little bit of both. I was born in 82, so I did not grow up with the Super Friends. However, I also saw it after BTAS, and absolutely hated it. Plus, yes, I find JLU to be vastly superior because they actually wrote solid plots with character development and they were not afraid to be violent.
    JLU IS vastly superior, because it was written for adults. Almost every cartoon nowadays is. No one is going to argue quality when it comes to Super Friends. You just have to take into account that guys of my generation, I was born in 1974, so I was probably watching SF from birth, and at that time, the were ZERO action adventures cartoons. Everything was comedic, so for us, Super Friends was the ONE exciting show on TV for us. That was IT! There was no Space Ghost or Jonny Quest, no MotU, no GI Joe, no Batman The Animated Series, no X-Men... sure as hell no JLU. If you wanted a non-comedic, action adventure too... This was IT! For most of us, this was our introduction to the super hero genre and comic books in general, so that's why it still resonates so strongly. Yeah, it's a BAD show, but it did its job as well as it could, considering the times.

JLU IS vastly superior, because it was written for adults. Almost every cartoon nowadays is. No one is going to argue quality when it comes to Super Friends. You just have to take into account that guys of my generation, I was born in 1974, so I was probably watching SF from birth, and at that time, the were ZERO action adventures cartoons. Everything was comedic, so for us, Super Friends was the ONE exciting show on TV for us. That was IT! There was no Space Ghost or Jonny Quest, no MotU, no GI Joe, no Batman The Animated Series, no X-Men... sure as hell no JLU. If you wanted a non-comedic, action adventure too... This was IT! For most of us, this was our introduction to the super hero genre and comic books in general, so that's why it still resonates so strongly. Yeah, it's a BAD show, but it did its job as well as it could, considering the times.
    I'm just a couple years older than you and I watched the heck out of Space Ghost and Johnny Quest in the 70s. Along with stuff like Herculoids, Valley of the Dinosaurs and the '67 Spider-Man and Fantastic Four cartoons. All that late 60s stuff was rerun throughout the 70s and 80s.

That said I absolutely adored Superfriends at the time (especially the Legion of Doom era), but I find them unwatchable now. I actually get mad at the writing and the plot holes when I watch it now. IMO, the stuff from the late 60s holds up much better.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I'm just a couple years older than you and I watched the heck out of Space Ghost and Johnny Quest in the 70s. Along with stuff like Herculoids, Valley of the Dinosaurs and the '67 Spider-Man and Fantastic Four cartoons. All that late 60s stuff was rerun throughout the 70s and 80s.

That said I absolutely adored Superfriends at the time (especially the Legion of Doom era), but I find them unwatchable now. I actually get mad at the writing and the plot holes when I watch it now. IMO, the stuff from the late 60s holds up much better.
    It TOTALLY does, but uh...I was like TWO at the time. Space Ghost didn't appear on my raydar until Space Stars. Forgive my two year old self for not tracking down these shows in syndication.

It TOTALLY does, but uh...I was like TWO at the time. Space Ghost didn't appear on my raydar until Space Stars. Forgive my two year old self for not tracking down these shows in syndication.
    I'm not really sure any of it needed to be "tracked down". There were like 4 total channels and the late 60s stuff was just mixed in with the 70s shows. As a kid I had no idea what was a new cartoon and what was older. I just remember Space Ghost and Johnny Quest being 2 of my favorite shows in the 70s.

Heck, Johnny Quest aired on ABC, CBS and NBC at various points from the mid 60s to the mid 80s.

As a kid I had no idea what was a new cartoon and what was older.
    I was the same way with Challenge of the Superfriends. I had no idea growing up that Challenge of the Superfriends wasn't made the same time as He-Man, Transformers, GI*JOE, and everything else I watched as a kid in the 80's.

The Superfriends cartoon and Kenner's DC Super Powers toy line were my introduction to the world of DC Super Heroes. Those 2 properties are what got me into collecting DC Universe Classics. No other line of DC figures has payed so much homage to both Superfriends and Super Powers.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

I'm not really sure any of it needed to be "tracked down". There were like 4 total channels and the late 60s stuff was just mixed in with the 70s shows. As a kid I had no idea what was a new cartoon and what was older. I just remember Space Ghost and Johnny Quest being 2 of my favorite shows in the 70s.

Heck, Johnny Quest aired on ABC, CBS and NBC at various points from the mid 60s to the mid 80s.
    Add to that, local stations could preempt or not show something. I live on a spot real close to two time zones and growing up we got both Central and Mountain versions of ABC, CBS, NBC, and Fox. Sometimes I would see this outright as one station wouldn't show a particular show at all while the other did.