Page 122 of 210 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172 ... LastLast
Results 3,026 to 3,050 of 5230

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

A BIG issue that's hurting them here is simply themselves. They're at a point now to where they're competing against themselves with all of these different lines and subs.

At first we just had MOTU Classics...Ok...no big deal, it's just one sub. I can swing a few hundred a year. Then a Ghostbusters sub. comes along...Ok, I can probably do one one each of these...

Then, the MOTU Classics sub. GROWS and is now roughly $500 at the LEAST when you add in taxes, shipping etc. a year...Hrmm..you say to yourself this is getting testy.

THEN we have this year.....Voltron sub......DCUC sub...and you know it's coming next year Back to the Future sub.!! When does it end!!

I just did the math on the (4) current subs and if you were to purchase just ONE of each that comes to a staggering $1,115.00 AND that's NOT including shipping, taxes, or fees!!!

A lot of us dabble in all of these lines, not to mention all of the other crap that's out there from other companies.

With these added (2) subs. trying to keep your head above water with all of this stuff has become EXTREMELY daunting and it's only going to get worse. Cherry picking for most is no longer a matter of choice, but just the ability to survive and manage.

The lack of sales with DCUC subs. is no surprise to say the least IMO. You gotta draw the line somewhere with this stuff and the interest reflects that.

Apparently the thermometer is a static image. A bit odd to do it that way, honestly.

I hope Metron DOESN'T win. I'm a VERY casual DCUC collector (only have a handful) but I'd love Metron to be released separately in his chair as not be the exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    Then, the MOTU Classics sub. GROWS and is now roughly $500 at the LEAST when you add in taxes, shipping etc. a year...Hrmm..you say to yourself this is getting testy.
    Oh and then there's the stuff that was never meant to be in the sub like 30th Anniversary figures and vehicles and the odd surprise or two ($80 Granamyr), and factor in separate shipping for that stuff. Yeah, the MOTUC one is plenty large. But do all subs appeal to enough people to over-saturate their customer base? I'm not tempted by the Ecto club for example. But then I know some people that can't even consider the MOTUC sub financially even though they want it.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Oh and then there's the stuff that was never meant to be in the sub like 30th Anniversary figures and vehicles and the odd surprise or two ($80 Granamyr), and factor in separate shipping for that stuff. Yeah, the MOTUC one is plenty large. But do all subs appeal to enough people to over-saturate their customer base? I'm not tempted by the Ecto club for example. But then I know some people that can't even consider the MOTUC sub financially even though they want it.

Yea, I didn't even add the extras in, so in fact it's even more. In regard to the over-saturation, it's defiantly a factor because if it's not one thing it's another. You, not *you* personally, but a collector in general may not for instance collect the GB line, but would like to pick up the Voltron line and already have the MOTU Classics line. Those two in itself are quite hefty..

Now what if you'd like the DCUC too? Now that's a factor. Like I said if it's not one thing it's another. There's a ton of us here that collect more then one line to begin with so having all of these in addition certainly isn't helping anyone. There's only so much that someone can commit to at any one given time.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I'll might take the plunge for the DC Sub on the last day.

I know I'm getting the MOTUC sub.

In a way, I hope that the sub fails so that DC reboots, DCnu fails and the new DCUC can go back to making characters again.

What is the casualty list here? What I mean is who are the characters that are missing from DCUC? I'm talking stuff that Mattel has started but never finished, team or group-wise. Flash Rogues, Metal Men, Doom Patrol...

Poison Ivy
    Ra's Al Ghul
    Talia
    Daimian
    Rita Farr

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I don't liked some DC fans comments about the sub on matty, they angry about the alleged failure of the sub discredit the other lines saying things like "how is it possible that an irrelevant 80s cartoon is more popular than DC".
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    What is the casualty list here? What I mean is who are the characters that are missing from DCUC? I'm talking stuff that Mattel has started but never finished, team or group-wise. Flash Rogues, Metal Men, Doom Patrol...

Poison Ivy
    Ra's Al Ghul
    Talia
    Daimian
    Rita Farr
    We did pretty good actually, but I am shocked by some of the figures that never made it into the line and sorry about many of the long shots too. Just a few:
    • CnC Doomsday
    • Catwoman
    • Vixen
    • Captain Marvel Jr.
    • Vandal Savage
    • Mera
    • Arisia
    • Silver Banshee
    • Parallax (Hal and Kyle both)
    • Perez Zatanna
    • Terminator version of Metallo
    • Grand Master of the Manhunters
    • Dubilex
    • Granny Goodness
    • Vermin Vunderbar
    • Conner Kent (non-90s version)
    • General Zod
    • Faora
    • Kru-El
    • The Krypton Man
    • Draaga
    • Warworld Superman
    • John Byrne Jor-El and Lara
    • Felix Faust
    • Fire
    • Ice
    • Black Mask
    • Atomic Skull
    • Hush
    • Impulse
    • Morgan Le Fay
    • Clarion the Witch Boy
    • Tala
    • Travis Morgan Warlord (and his whole cast)

The bolded names are the glaring omissions.
    • Poison Ivy
    • Catwoman
    • Balent Catwoman
    • Killer Croc C&C
    • Ra's Al Ghul
    • Talia
    • Daimian Wayne
    • Black Mask
    • Hush
    • Black Canary (Birds of Prey)
    • Black Canary (Nude Fishnets)
    • Huntress
    • Oracle
    • Wally Freakin' West
    • Jesse Quick
    • Heatwave
    • Mirror Master
    • Mento
    • Rita Farr
    • Captain Marvel Jr.
    • Jade
    • Vandal Savage
    • Mera
    • Arisia
    • Soranik Natu
    • Salaak
    • Larfleeze
    • Indigo-1
    • Saint Walker
    • Lyssa Dark
    • Parallax (Hal and Kyle both)
    • Doomsday C&C
    • Silver Banshee
    • Perez Zatanna
    • Terminator version of Metallo
    • Grand Master of the Manhunters
    • Dubilex
    • Highfather
    • Big Barda (Bigger)
    • Big Barda (Kirby Bikini)
    • Granny Goodness
    • Vermin Vunderbar
    • Artemis (90's costume)
    • Wonder Girl (Cassie Sandsmark)
    • Conner Kent (non-90s version)
    • Impulse
    • Bumblebee
    • Miss Martian
    • General Zod
    • Faora
    • Kru-El
    • The Krypton Man
    • Draaga
    • Warworld Superman
    • John Byrne Jor-El and Lara
    • Felix Faust
    • Vixen
    • Fire
    • Ice
    • Atomic Skull
    • Morgan Le Fay
    • Clarion the Witch Boy
    • Tala
    • Travis Morgan Warlord (and his whole cast)
    • Copper
    • Lead
    • Platinum
    • Tin

Anyone else wanna play "who's missing from DCUC"?
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; July 30, 2011 at 09:18pm.

I'm so tired right now, so forgive me if this sounds rambling.

I've read so much about this this afternoon that I can't remember if it was up above or on another site, but someone suggested that whatever doesn't get picked as the club exclusive might be the three oversized figures. Assuming that's the case, then we've seen six of the twelve total regular figures revealed. So far, everyone I've seen has said that they want Jay, a few have had some passing interest in Atrocitus, and I have yet to see anyone give a rip about Starman. Out of the oversized ones (again, assuming they end up as the oversized ones), the only one anyone seems to have any real interest in is Metron. So, out of a total of seven figures shown, there's only two that seem to have mass interest. Now, that itsalltrue.com article makes a good point, but it was a good point for back when we had CnCs and the oddball character was only one or two in a given wave. We all take one or two for the team so someone can get their Shark or Copperhead or Dr. Midnite. Now the popular figures are seemingly the exception, not the rule, and we're being asked to commit to a probable year of obscure fan-service.

I'm more than happy to buy a whole wave with one or two Robot Mans or Mr. Terrifics if there's a sweet Giganta or Darkseid at the end of the tunnel. This is coming off more like the Rainbow Lantern wave, the entirety of which serviced a small handful of fans and alienated those that had been wanting the Anti-Monitor since day one of this line. No matter how much I wanted that CnC, there was no way I was going to commit to an entire wave of figures that I didn't want for it. Same here. The payoff is disproportionate to the investment.

"But you commit to the MOTUC sub every year without knowing what's in it." True, but again, the desirable far outnumber the chaff. For every Gy-Gor or Clawful (going off my preferences here), there's a dozen Hordaks, Robotos, Scare Glows, Faceless Ones, Vikors, Demo-Mans, Catras, Battleground Teelas, Webstors, etc. I can handle that. My reward for subsidizing someone else's Metal Men, Doom Patrol and Rainbow Lanterns shouldn't be, "Here's a Jay Garrick, and you're lucky to get that."

The sad thing is, if they would have gone up there and said, "The club starts with Jay Garrick, Poison Ivy and Atrocitus, club exclusive is an oversized Doomsday," I'm certain that the subs would be selling just fine. An exclusive that has been asked for but anyone who skips the sub might not miss it, two desirable figures and one fan-service figure. It gives me the feeling that it'll be of wider appeal than this. And I really don't think it's an issue with characters left. Looking at waves 18, 19 and 20, almost every single one of those is one that, even if I don't necessarily want it, I'll be happy to have in my display.

I think this whole thing has been mishandled by no one but Mattel and I won't be surprised to see them trot out the old, "Well, DCUC fans are more vocal than they are numerous." No, we just don't want to be roped into paying for everyone else's special niche for a whole year.

People asked for rainbow lantern, but not in what they got. They wanted a wave with Saint Walker, Indigo-1, Larfleeze, Star Sapphire, Kyle, Attrocitus (CnC), and then one of the Variants we did get (minus probably Wonder Woman's since she is too close to Star Sapphire). Which would have been an awesome wave.

The problem is Mattel is treating this like they did the other lines. (Yes I know MOTUC didn't start with sub but wasn't going long before it got one). None of which had current product out, so going in blind was OK you knew they were going to start off with certain figures. DCU will have had 20 waves of on average 6 new figures each wave. Most people were already saying they were just waiting for ~dozen figures to be released and they were done.

Now there is the speculation that part of this is because of DC's new change, which has been planned from the sounds of it but only be a few people. It sounds like they have been planning this for a year or so, but those people kind of popped up told everyone else in the company what is going on and oh btw all this changes in t-minus five, four, three, two, now...

The speculation comes from the odd information leaks on the figures, the inconsistent information and other things. First we are told it isn't ending at retail then it is, but another line that will fit with (scale style) will be out. It's hard for fans to blindly subscribe to that. I mean no one was asking for any version of Starman yet he is a fan favorite? There isn't much confidence to be built up there.

About the other characters who don't get voted on, it's speculation from what I have heard.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

The bolded names are the glaring omissions.
    I think Doomsday was pretty glaring too since everyone wanted an improved larger version after the DCSH one. He sure would have been one of the first I'd have included in the Infinite Earths sub and display at SDCC. I agree with Howler, they chose their figures to show very poorly. I suspect they pirated a canceled wave 21 of DCUC for the character choices.

Can't believe there is only a "passing interest" in Atrocitus among many other fans though. Of the actual figures shown, he was the only one I wanted. I get Jay being others' favorite, but yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    I don't liked some DC fans comments about the sub on matty, they angry about the alleged failure of the sub discredit the other lines saying things like "how is it possible that an irrelevant 80s cartoon is more popular than DC".
    I don't agree with that. The He-Man fandom just astounds me with their loyalty and ravenousness. But it is strange that there hasn't been a MotU show or anything else since the MYP series and still MotUC is SO successful, and DCUC, which is based on hugely popular contemorary comics doesn't generate the same reaction. The DC stuff never sells well on Matty and they've tried all kinds of approaches, modern characters, old school characters, fan favorites, and it just doesn't seem to work.

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    The problem is that Atrocitus doesn't look anywhere near as good as the DC Direct version - and that's saying something, considering everyone but Perez-Brainiac looked better in the DCSH and DCUC lines. As far as omissions, I really wanted to complete the Super Buddies, so Elongated Man and Fire are two big ones for me. And if I could have gotten an L-Ron, I would have been ecstatic. However, there were so many obscure, unrecognizable characters in DCUC even for a 19-year-comic-reader like me that it's just not worth subscribing. I skipped most of the past few waves, and I'll probably do so again with the Mattycollector product. I don't even recognize any of the voting choices besides Metron.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    I don't agree with that. The He-Man fandom just astounds me with their loyalty and ravenousness. But it is strange that there hasn't been a MotU show or anything else since the MYP series and still MotUC is SO successful, and DCUC, which is based on hugely popular contemorary comics doesn't generate the same reaction. The DC stuff never sells well on Matty and they've tried all kinds of approaches, modern characters, old school characters, fan favorites, and it just doesn't seem to work.
    It also surprises me that the few thousand MOTU online fans can get beasts, vehicles and giants, but the far larger retail DCUC community can't support a Batmobile? Even online?

The problem with the DCUC Sub is that one must love the entire DC Universe to buy it. That means, that you'll blindly get the sub, no matter where in the DC the sub figures come from. DC fans who cherry pick, aren't going to go that route. MOTU, on the other hand, has a more solid fanbase where enough fans buy a subscription no matter what character is in it.

DCUC figures have gone from $7.99 to 17.99, waves have grown from 5 characters to 7 characters, plus a variant, and the characters getting more and more obscure, making alot of the DCUC fans cherry pick out of what is being offered, despite the C&C.

The cost of an individual figure and shipping is another problem, if they are only getting one sub. $15-$30 + $8-10 for shipping? Retail is much more attractive.

It's going to be sad to see DCUC fans get hit with those Toyguru catchphrases such as "louder than numerous" and "the fans didn't support this".

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by Sword-of-Grayskull View Post
    The problem is that Atrocitus doesn't look anywhere near as good as the DC Direct version .
    I disagree for the fact that DCD's version has no articulation. The body is pretty much stuck in a static pose because he cannot move at the waist, abdomen, even his wrists cannot twist, so his hand is permenantly stuck in a weird position.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

It also surprises me that the few thousand MOTU online fans can get beasts, vehicles and giants, but the far larger retail DCUC community can't support a Batmobile? Even online?

The problem with the DCUC Sub is that one must love the entire DC Universe to buy it. That means, that you'll blindly get the sub, no matter where in the DC the sub figures come from. DC fans who cherry pick, aren't going to go that route. MOTU, on the other hand, has a more solid fanbase where enough fans buy a subscription no matter what character is in it.

DCUC figures have gone from $7.99 to 17.99, waves have grown from 5 characters to 7 characters, plus a variant, and the characters getting more and more obscure, making alot of the DCUC fans cherry pick out of what is being offered, despite the C&C.

The cost of an individual figure and shipping is another problem, if they are only getting one sub. $15-$30 + $8-10 for shipping? Retail is much more attractive.

It's going to be sad to see DCUC fans get hit with those Toyguru catchphrases such as "louder than numerous" and "the fans didn't support this".
    There are several things I have found peculiar about this line. Certain characters being peg warmers as an example. I know some didn't have a perfect sculpt but were far from horrible. But then you had issues where it seemed like store either got no figures or abundance of figures (that is another issue but probably contributed to it).

The temperature has reached 24 degrees.
    Last edited by wyldman11; August 1, 2011 at 11:40am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I saw Matty just posted this

Quote Originally Posted by MattyCollector
    DCU Infinite Earths Update: Did you see the thermometer's up to 24%? Sale ends Friday and there's still a way to go, but it can still happen!
    I had to lol, a whopping 4% in a week, I wonder what their cutoff point is. Does it have to get to 100%?
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Yes, it needs to read the 100% mark in order to ber a go. Right now it is only 24% a go.

I think this is lame. Voltron did not need a requirement to get a sub. Why does DCU? It's like they intentionallty want DCU to fail. I bet even if we each bought 100 subs it still would not be enough.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Yes, it needs to read the 100% mark in order to ber a go. Right now it is only 24% a go.

I think this is lame. Voltron did not need a requirement to get a sub. Why does DCU? It's like they intentionallty want DCU to fail. I bet even if we each bought 100 subs it still would not be enough.
    Voltron I have a feeling is being subsidized by Classic Media and the deal that gave Mattel the Filmation rights.

DCU got screwed by DC deciding to reboot its entire universe
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I bet people are waiting to see if they correct the MOTUC pricing and description page.

PLUS

they always end up extending the subs for a week or two more.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

These lines are getting tooo expensive. I will probably drop DC and just stick with MOTUC. I just think that the quality of the DC classics has gone down the tube. The character selection has been awful lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post

The DCUC fans are notorious cherry pickers and do have to prove themselves for any future online endeavors. DCUC Two packs failed (2 of them did suck though). Selling entire Waves failed except for the super rare Wave 5.

DCUC fans are picky fans. Unlike MOTUC, alot of those fans don't want every corner of the DC Universe and lack a section of the fans who buy EVERYTHING DC. You've got some fans who purchase only Batman stuff. Some fans might love the Justice League, but hate the Legion of Superheroes or the Titans. Others might be Silver Age fans and hate the modern stuff. Some fans might be into the Superfriends figures, while others are only into Super Powers.

The DCUC fans are notorious cherry pickers and do have to prove themselves for any future online endeavors. DCUC Two packs failed (2 of them did suck though). Selling entire Waves failed except for the super rare Wave 5.

DCUC fans are picky fans. Unlike MOTUC, alot of those fans don't want every corner of the DC Universe and lack a section of the fans who buy EVERYTHING DC. You've got some fans who purchase only Batman stuff. Some fans might love the Justice League, but hate the Legion of Superheroes or the Titans. Others might be Silver Age fans and hate the modern stuff. Some fans might be into the Superfriends figures, while others are only into Super Powers.
    I think this is dead on. And part of it is the way the media is delivered. Someone who buys only a handful of DC comics based on the characters they love may not care about most of the rest of the DCU - or even know who a lot of the lesser characters are.

When you have a line based on a cartoon, you may like or dislike certain characters, but you have much more exposure to ALL of the characters.

I don't collect DCUC, but I've almost bought a handful of figures - and I know if I buy one, I'll end up with about a dozen. But no way would I want to be stuck buying ALL of them, when I'm really only interested in maybe 5% of what they've done.

In that case, maybe Mattel should push for selling them as themed years. A JSA year, a Superman year, a Metal Men year (not that there are many left, so maybe share that with Doom Patrol), a New Gods year, etc. It probably still would not sell enough subs though, but if Voltron can show us pretty much the whole year in advance then other subs should get their act together on that one. I'm not usually a cherry picker about buying this line, but I know I'd skip JSA if I could.

Part of the problem is Mattel (and probably DC) is taking the idea that what worked for X will work for Y. Sure it has for the most part worked for MOTUC and Ghostbusters, but I don't think either of those subs was all that blind either when you notice nothing else was being put out at the time. Not only does DC have a considerably larger cast of characters many have already been released. Add to that for nearly a year people have been saying they have a list of a dozen figures they desire strongly and when they are released they are done, sure there are others that they might pick up on the way but that's about it.

And then there is the whole way the information was put out, from what I hear many just left saying it's confusing, it's contradictory. Bye.

I would also be interested in how many collector's don't go online but would if they knew about it. Not everyone watches Comic Con for press information.

We also already have people saying they have no actual number for 100%, they are just going to release updates with higher percents to get people to panick and buy subs.