Page 123 of 208 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,075 of 5178

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Voltron I have a feeling is being subsidized by Classic Media and the deal that gave Mattel the Filmation rights.

DCU got screwed by DC deciding to reboot its entire universe
    I'm generally a cherry picker too, to be honest, but I was willing to buy the sub and deal with characters I didn't want like Atrocitus and just unload them. There were still a ton of figures I wanted to see made and I figured this was the only way I'd get them.

But that's TRUE, Voltron didn't have to "prove" anything to get a sub. Neither did Ghostbusters or any other property. Kinda sucks.

Poison Ivy was just announced.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    I'm generally a cherry picker too, to be honest, but I was willing to buy the sub and deal with characters I didn't want like Atrocitus and just unload them. There were still a ton of figures I wanted to see made and I figured this was the only way I'd get them.

But that's TRUE, Voltron didn't have to "prove" anything to get a sub. Neither did Ghostbusters or any other property. Kinda sucks.
    Ghostbusters I would argue is similar, in return for getting the license they had to sub. Its not a hard concept to figure out guys. Just because DCU fans don't like it its not unfair, the other subs are based on licensing.

DC's sub is basically a Plan #2 after DC decided to upset the Apple cart with their characters. They don't "deserve" anything because it is them changing the rules for their license.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Yes, due to fan pressure, Poison Ivy was just announced as an upcoming subscription figure. I can't believe it...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Yes, due to fan pressure, Poison Ivy was just announced as an upcoming subscription figure. I can't believe it...
    I figure we will see some more before the sub time is over, they are really wanting to do it and I think fans are going to make them treat DCU like all the other lines and show the goods first
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

I would almost expect an announcement a day. Also sounds like it won't be a sub only figure.

And yeah I think DC 'is to blame' they want merchandising in store that ties into current comics. I don't blame them for that, I do think they should have given those working with them a bit more time to actually come up with a plan. I have a feeling Mattel had this dropped in their laps about a month ago.
    Last edited by wyldman11; August 1, 2011 at 10:38pm.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Glad to see them adding names instead that coy ********. They'd better just announce the whole year, and make it the most fan-servicy line it can be.

It's like an epic trainwreck on Facebook.

10,000 DC fans screaming in pain...

Seriously, without a major heavy-hitter/uber-demanded-fan figure, this sub had little chance of happening. (Personally, I want Ivy, Atrocitus, Jay & Metron - could care less about Starman) I was going to order along with my MOTU sub tomorrow, and now that Ivy's been added, I hope more people sign up. They really need to announce at least 2 more HUGE guns that most people would want to get people on board though....

Huntress & CnC Doomsday would just about clinch it.
    Last edited by Skullface; August 1, 2011 at 11:12pm.
    This space for rent, apparently.....

"To clarify the DC Universe Club Infinite Earths subscription, If the sub does not move forward, the figures announced will not be a part of the 2012 retail line. The only way we will create these DC Universe figures in 2012 is through the subscription program. To get Starman, Atrocitus, Flash 1, and Poison Ivy, sign up for the sub: http://bit.ly/mURsgQ"

This was so botched. They should have announced at least a month ago that they were ending DCUC to switch over to DCnU AND announced that DCUC was continuing as a sub AND had at least half the first year ready to announce. Now I think it's just too late. I dread that they will continue announcing "must have" characters and there still won't be enough subscribers and THEN the whole line will be scrapped and we'll be left with a ton of "coulda beens."

"To clarify the DC Universe Club Infinite Earths subscription, If the sub does not move forward, the figures announced will not be a part of the 2012 retail line. The only way we will create these DC Universe figures in 2012 is through the subscription program. To get Starman, Atrocitus, Flash 1, and Poison Ivy, sign up for the sub: http://bit.ly/mURsgQ"

This was so botched. They should have announced at least a month ago that they were ending DCUC to switch over to DCnU AND announced that DCUC was continuing as a sub AND had at least half the first year ready to announce. Now I think it's just too late. I dread that they will continue announcing "must have" characters and there still won't be enough subscribers and THEN the whole line will be scrapped and we'll be left with a ton of "coulda beens."
    agreed....on all counts
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

I would almost expect an announcement a day. Also sounds like it won't be a sub only figure.

And yeah I think DC 'is to blame' they want merchandising in store that ties into current comics. I don't blame them for that, I do think they should have given those working with them a bit more time to actually come up with a plan. I have a feeling Mattel had this dropped in their laps about a month ago.
    Yup which is why they are doing this kind of deal. I think if Mattel had a year and knew that it was going online only they would know what kind of production numbers to go with.

With Ghostbusters and Voltron I am sure the companies (Sony/Paramount & Classic Media) approached Mattel and said we want toy lines online and Mattel said it is going to cost X per figure.

DC just up and changed everything in a span of 60 days, add to that the cherry picking effect on all things DC (from Polly Pocket to DCU) and you are looking at major money loss to just keep things the way they were.

How DC is going to manage to crap on their comics and toyline in the span of 3-4 months is going to be something for the books.

Well, I guess I'm part of the problem since I'm a cherry picker. I only got into this line less than a year ago. My main focus was on any characters related to the Kenner DC Super Powers toy line or the Superfriends cartoon. Those 2 properties were my introduction to the world of DC Superheroes. So for me, most of the figures I want have been made. That said, I still wish the line was going on longer for everyone else who wants more.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Between the announcement of Ivy in the sub and the proclamation that these will not be showing up elsewhere, both I and my wife were surprised with how quickly the words, "Looks like Swamp Thing is my last DCUC figure," came out of my mouth.

Seriously, don't take a couple of heavy hitters and use them to push a ton of niche and unknown figs and act like we're ungrateful swine for not digging it. That's...well, the description of what that is is best left in the Tar Swamp.

Wow, its sounds like I'm in the minority here. G.I. Joe and DC are my favorite things (Unless Highlander Gets a Detailed toy line). I will take any obscure character, Like all I have some top wants, *Cough* Ragdoll *Cough*, but the idea of a subscription surprise actually sits very well with me. In the past year I have only seen on pegs were the Darkseid and Bane waves, If the figures were fan demands Ive had to pay a premium on ebay to get them, well more than the $23 It will cost for a club figure. And the thought of just being able to outright own a CnC size figure for under $40 makes me quite giddy.
    I've already subscribed and now all I can do is sit here and hold my breath that more will join, I mean most of you took a stab at a mostly blind first year sub on MOTU, hopefully comics fan can put the same faith in this.

Shazbot! Well, I hope the line does go sub, because I really would love to add Ivy to my Bat-rogues. I confess, I became a cherry picker after series 8 and pretty much only went for Bat characters after that, but it was nice to be able to pick them up when they were released.

I just don't think DCUC works as a Sub-only line, as the DC Universe is much too large to have people blind-buy 9 figures. It worked as a retail line because you could always reason those 1 or 2 figures you didn't want to get the CnC piece, but without full waves, the line doesn't work, IMO.

I really don't see Mattel being the one to blame, seems like DC/WB just handed down this mandate to go along with their 'rebranding' and Mattel scrambled to come up with something to keep the line going, unfortunately their only option was their Matty subs, and I don't think that model works for something as vast as DCUC. Maybe if there hadn't been 20 waves already and most of the main A and B listers already released, it might've fared better.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanSD View Post
    Shazbot! Well, I hope the line does go sub, because I really would love to add Ivy to my Bat-rogues. I confess, I became a cherry picker after series 8 and pretty much only went for Bat characters after that, but it was nice to be able to pick them up when they were released.

I just don't think DCUC works as a Sub-only line, as the DC Universe is much too large to have people blind-buy 9 figures. It worked as a retail line because you could always reason those 1 or 2 figures you didn't want to get the CnC piece, but without full waves, the line doesn't work, IMO.

I really don't see Mattel being the one to blame, seems like DC/WB just handed down this mandate to go along with their 'rebranding' and Mattel scrambled to come up with something to keep the line going, unfortunately their only option was their Matty subs, and I don't think that model works for something as vast as DCUC. Maybe if there hadn't been 20 waves already and most of the main A and B listers already released, it might've fared better.
    I also started cherry-picking late in the line. Up until recently, there was either a CnC that I didn't mind buying one or two figures I didn't want for the pieces (Giganta, Solomon Grundy, Darkseid) or I wanted all the figures in the wave and ended up with a bonus CnC (Atom Smasher, Chemo). In the more recent waves (about 10 on), though, there was often either no CnC that I wanted enough to buy figures I didn't want (Ultra-Humanite) or I really, really wanted the CnC but didn't want a single figure in the wave (Rainbow Lantern Wave), therefore I was unable to justify the cost. And with that cost going up as much as it has...

Money's tight nowadays for a lot of people. They're acting all surprised about the backlash without understanding that the majority of what they've shown and hinted at as options are not only niche, but niche that often only hit one group at a time. Taking a one or two figure hit for the team is negotiable, but I'm being asked to take, potentially, a ten or eleven figure hit for the team. There's no guarantee that there will be anything beyond Jay and Ivy for me in this sub. That's far, far more than I can bear.

DCUC is one of my favorite lines. I love collecting it. The problem for me is that, at retail, I know what I'm getting into far in advance. I can plan it out and I'm not stuck paying for a figure that I don't want and may or may not be able to unload on the secondary market if I don't want to. I'm not being given that option here. I'm being asked to go in on blind faith based on what they've shown so far. For me, the ratio on that ain't great. I can only make an informed decision based on the information they give me, and so far they haven't given me anything that suggests that this is a good investment on my end.

What offends me the most is that the mere existence of these is hinged on everyone paying a potentially huge chunk o' change on stuff they don't want. It's not like MOTUC or Ghostbusters, where you can still pick up the few that you don't want without a sub, you'll just have to work a little for them. No, these are all or nothing. I want Jay, I have to shell out for Atrocitus and Starman. I need an Ivy? Sorry, there's another three figures I couldn't give a rip about being billed to me, whether I like it or not. Matty hasn't always shown the greatest marketing forethought, but this is spectacularly bad planning.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    WOnderboy, I agree, but they could have also spent more than 35 seconds talking about the DCU sub at SDCC. Scott pretty much just said, "we have a sub, here are the first few characters, there will be large characters, and we have a poll to determine the sub exclusive. Next up..."
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

that's the out. they'll make those figs. just not in 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    I bet people are waiting to see if they correct the MOTUC pricing and description page.

PLUS

they always end up extending the subs for a week or two more.
    plus not everyone who collects dcuc visits matty or toy sites.
    Last edited by EldestSon; August 2, 2011 at 09:18am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    WOnderboy, I agree, but they could have also spent more than 35 seconds talking about the DCU sub at SDCC. Scott pretty much just said, "we have a sub, here are the first few characters, there will be large characters, and we have a poll to determine the sub exclusive. Next up..."
    I think they would have if they had more time to plan for it.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I'm already signed up for the sub, since I get pretty much every unique DCUC character anyhow, but I really think this whole thing has been botched.

My top three most-wanted characters have been revealed, but two of them are in the sub (Ivy and Jay, with Reverse-Flash being the third) - and I really do hope I get them. But how high did Mattel set their expectations with that thermometer, if after a week and a half they're only a quarter of the way to their goal?

I would definitely love the sub to be locked in, but I certainly can't blame anyone for not feeling completely enthusiastic about this, not the way it's been handled and set up.

Now, if they did something like MOTU, with the club but ALSO with a certain amount of each figure sold online on the 15th of the month so that people who don't buy everything could still get a shot, that would be one thing - but this is Mattel we're talking about, and if they can stick you, they will.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    Well, after finding out the Crime Syndicate 5 pack is $80 at retail it's an insta-pass. I'm not up for another sub. MOTUC is going to take LOTS of money this year. There are a handful of DCUC figures I want so I couldn't justify committing to a sub.

Does it look like they're going to get a sub?? Are they anywhere near their goal??

DC Universe has this product left:

Wave 19 - $90
    Wave 20 - $90
    Legion of Superheroes 12 pack - $200?
    Crime Syndicate 5 pack - $80
    Batman Legacy Wave 2 - $45

has been more than a year now since they showed us Legion of Superheroes? if they would have released it earlier this year, i would have gotten it for sure. now i'm not sure i will be able to afford it.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Man, this sucks! I have no interest in a sub as I have purchased probably 20 DC Superhero/DCUC figures...but I have been wanting a Poison Ivy for years.

I mainly only want to make the main Justic League (which I pretty much have), Batman's crew and the big villains. I have a lot of figures I still have to pick up that were released because they were never in my area though!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah