Page 130 of 210 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,250 of 5226

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

I think the problem is, most boys don't want to get toys that are mostly females. They want the majority to be male. The problem now that they do mixed assortments this causes a problem. The problem being you will never get the perfect ratio for mass market retail.

I also think it's the case of the people over relying on statistics. I would say the statistic is for every female figure a boy buys the buy 8-15 male figures. The problem is that is one individual child buying an assortment. Where as those making assortments seem to think then it means you need 15 Supermen, 15 Batmen and the lone Wonder Woman for the tomboy girl who like Wonder Woman. Where as it should be make 15 different male figures then through in the girl figure at the same ratio as the others.

This line just had a lot of female figures in it which caused the problem, collectors got what they wanted, and the boys were like but I have a girl.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    I am pretty impressed by that actually. The person went to a lot of time and effort to actually steal that toy lol. The custom looks pretty good too.
    Thats why it's the best swap ever
    Imagine the time it took to modify a Marvel Legends Mr. Sinister shoulders and such. Then to quite Lovingly paint it so intricately just to save $13. They didnt even take the build a figure piece, The left arm is still there.

Whoo hoo NEAR 50%, it only took a week to go up like 10%

Its almost comedic how bad this thing is doing

Quote Originally Posted by MattyCollector
    DCU Fans, just checked the Club Infinite Earths thermometer and we're nearly at the 50% mark! http://bit.ly/mURsgQ (P.S. Don't forget to vote for the club-exclusive figure.)
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Lycan
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post

I still havent added a sub. I think I will, but Ill only choose standard shipping and Im wondering what might happen with that IF they do combine all subs together as was suggested they might.

I still dont really think this thing is even going to happen though...
    What next? It seems every month lately there is something..

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    It would be pretty poetic if the subs never go past 52%.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar

So, does anyone think that they might extend the subscription sign up period again?

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    So, does anyone think that they might extend the subscription sign up period again?
    I don't know, I think Mattel might be running out of ways to say "really we will kill this line"

I bet if they do there will be some kind of note to GB or Voltron fans like there was for MOTUC fans this time so it's not completely obvious the DCUC failure is behind all the extensions
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I just have to wonder how the "logistics" will work out in canceling all of the DCUC subs for those who did sign up for it when the thing doesn't hit 100% and they finally call it quits. Canceling orders for only the DCUC subs might be easy, but what about people who ordered it in the same transactions with MOTUC, Voltron, and/or Ghostbusters subs? I can see something going very wrong there.

I'm glad I didn't sign up for it! Not that I ever really considered it anyway. I was always very much a picker and chooser with DCUC, and would have no desire to sign up for something like this.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

I just have to wonder how the "logistics" will work out in canceling all of the DCUC subs for those who did sign up for it when the thing doesn't hit 100% and they finally call it quits. Canceling orders for only the DCUC subs might be easy, but what about people who ordered it in the same transactions with MOTUC, Voltron, and/or Ghostbusters subs? I can see something going very wrong there.

I'm glad I didn't sign up for it! Not that I ever really considered it anyway. I was always very much a picker and chooser with DCUC, and would have no desire to sign up for something like this.
    In my gut I think they will still do the sub and either inflate the numbers to 100% or say they looked at the numbers and because fans demanded it they will go through even with the loss of money

In my gut I think they will still do the sub and either inflate the numbers to 100% or say they looked at the numbers and because fans demanded it they will go through even with the loss of money
    Matty making fans happy, I wouldnt invest in that option.

Chronically Groovy Mighty Puundragon's Avatar
    I would still like to see the do some of the figs they did for the Infinite Heroes line that do not have a DCUC counterpart. We are missing most of the Rogues, Mallah and the Brain, Quardian Weaponers, Parallax, and other cool characters.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I just have to wonder how the "logistics" will work out in canceling all of the DCUC subs for those who did sign up for it when the thing doesn't hit 100% and they finally call it quits. Canceling orders for only the DCUC subs might be easy, but what about people who ordered it in the same transactions with MOTUC, Voltron, and/or Ghostbusters subs? I can see something going very wrong there. .
    This actually worries me - I ordered my sub for DCUC at the same time as the MOTUC, and if Mattel does cancel it, I can just see the MOTU sub evaporating.

Of course, on the other hand, the thought of Mattel going, "Well, we didn't get 100%, so I guess we have to refund all that money" seems hard to grasp, too.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Several days back I was contemplating getting a subscription to support this line. I've finally done it. I'm scared. I don't know anything about this world save for the main iconic characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Several days back I was contemplating getting a subscription to support this line. I've finally done it. I'm scared. I don't know anything about this world save for the main iconic characters.
    Yikes! Thanks for the support anyway! I hope you aren't too disappointed!

Bang your head!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Than why get it?...
    My art blog:
    http://jeremypeerboom.blogspot.com/

The Power and Honor Foundation:
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

Quote Originally Posted by MossMan710179 View Post
    Than why get it?...
    I guess I enjoy the unity. Supporting causes and whatnot. Novelty posted an article from a fan of the property, and I thought: "Why not". Maybe I'll get hooked.

Well either a miracle is going to happen or they are going to go ahead with it not at 100% because I can't see the final 40-45% coming in 72hrs

its possible there will be an influx of subs in the next couple of days, i've waited to order, been contemplating how many subs i want to buy, i was ready to buy but put it off each time they extended it.

Maybe this will help get the fence-sitters on board:

http://thefwoosh.com/2011/08/first-l...heroes-box-set
    This space for rent, apparently.....

This is a pretty bad ass shot, I don't ever buy DCUC but lord I might be this 12 pack

Well either a miracle is going to happen or they are going to go ahead with it not at 100% because I can't see the final 40-45% coming in 72hrs
    there is a third option: they could cancel it

This is a pretty bad ass shot, I don't ever buy DCUC but lord I might be this 12 pack

http://thefwoosh.com/wp-content/uplo...roup-rings.jpg
    i think they announced this pack last year. at the time i was ready to buy it. since then i've had to scale back on my action figure purchases so i wont be able to get this. and that's a shame cause they'd look great on my shelf.
    Last edited by EldestSon; August 19, 2011 at 04:20pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    there is a third option: they could cancel it
    As bad as it sounds I don't think Digital River has the logistics and understanding to be able to cancel the sub.

Think about it if you had 50-75% subbed in to cancel all those is going to take one hell of an effort for a company that can hardly ship the items you buy from their own bundle page on any given day.

As bad as it sounds I don't think Digital River has the logistics and understanding to be able to cancel the sub.

Think about it if you had 50-75% subbed in to cancel all those is going to take one hell of an effort for a company that can hardly ship the items you buy from their own bundle page on any given day.
    i'm not saying they will cancel it, but it IS an option. going by their current stance, that is what we should expect...

...of course we know better and it wouldn't be the first time matty faked left and went right.

Heroic Warrior
    So why does Mattel cancel this line?

Is it because the new Reboot?

I'm confused...

Bang your head!!!
    Would have been nice to have an actual Invisible Kid figure rather than a empty space...
    My art blog:
    http://jeremypeerboom.blogspot.com/

The Power and Honor Foundation:
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/