Page 131 of 211 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,275 of 5266

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    So why does Mattel cancel this line?

Is it because the new Reboot?

I'm confused...
    It's DC, not Mattel. DC wants to push endless Superman and Batman variants, with some other major characters thrown in. DCUC is the only way fans of DCUC will get obscure characters and finish up teams.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    Am I right, that DC's decisions with the Reboot and DCUC are not very popular?

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I hope they go through with the sub regardless. If retail is going to suck for diversity, I think the "cherry pickers" will still help sell out the day-of sale stuff.

I can say for 100% certain I will buy Atrocitus, Starman and Poison Ivy from Matty. I can't buy the sub though.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Maybe this will help get the fence-sitters on board:

http://thefwoosh.com/2011/08/first-l...heroes-box-set
    Those are great, but the biggest thought in my head upon seeing them is, "Jesus, how much do I want a freakin' Dawnstar in this set?!"

Ok so this isn't about the figures exactly.

I got my subscription order today and inside was a coupon for $5 off a DCU 6 inch figure. However, when I flipped it over I see that the coupon expires TODAY. I got my box at 8:30 PM, most stores around me that sell DCU are open til 10 PM, so in essence this coupon is only good for an hour and a half. This is really lame of Mattel, what about all those people who haven't gotten their orders yet? They will be getting expired coupons.
    Chapter 29
    This is an important announcement. This is flight 121 to Los Angeles. If your travel plans today do not include Los Angeles, now would be a perfect time to disembark.

Chronically Groovy Mighty Puundragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nope42 View Post

I got my subscription order today and inside was a coupon for $5 off a DCU 6 inch figure. However, when I flipped it over I see that the coupon expires TODAY. I got my box at 8:30 PM, most stores around me that sell DCU are open til 10 PM, so in essence this coupon is only good for an hour and a half. This is really lame of Mattel, what about all those people who haven't gotten their orders yet? They will be getting expired coupons.
    I am missing something, where did you get a $5 coupon for a DCUC fig?

crap, mis-read the date. its still good for a bit longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Puundragon View Post
    I am missing something, where did you get a $5 coupon for a DCUC fig?
    It was at the bottom of my box of subcription figures.
    Chapter 29
    This is an important announcement. This is flight 121 to Los Angeles. If your travel plans today do not include Los Angeles, now would be a perfect time to disembark.

crap, mis-read the date. its still good for a bit longer.
    What's the date? I probably won't be getting my figures until early to mid September!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    What's the date? I probably won't be getting my figures until early to mid September!
    9-19-11, however its only good in the continental US.
    Chapter 29

9-19-11, however its only good in the continental US.
    Oh, balls!

Scored the Mad Love 2-pack at TRU tonight. Can't believe that outside of the "nude" modern Cheetah, the Un-Men & The Crime Syndicate 5-pack, that I'm 100% caught up with DCUC again...
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Bang your head!!!
    Check your local ToysRus, DUCU single figs are on sale for $9.99. Add that coupon and you got a good deal. I went in last week and got 4 figs for $20 (give or take)...
    My art blog:
    http://jeremypeerboom.blogspot.com/

The Power and Honor Foundation:
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Oh, balls!
    You can say that again

Mattel- never missing a chance to screw over its non-us customers!

JAG2045
    My feedback
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=108414
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=jag2045
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=117706

Great traders: Blue-jackal/Fneh(2)/Daz/Royalt1us/Evil-Orko/Buythepower/Booster/Adora/Zodac101/tokyonever/lemure77(2)/Vess(2)/Scorpia/Buzzsaw Hordak/miscus555/tmc1984/General Hawk 7

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Am I the only one that thinks the Mad love pack is a waist of money? I mean, we have a Joker with the red hood colors on, but does not include his helmet and cape, and a Harley that is from Wave 2, and for what, $33?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Bang your head!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks the Mad love pack is a waist of money? I mean, we have a Joker with the red hood colors on, but does not include his helmet and cape, and a Harley that is from Wave 2, and for what, $33?
    I guess it's for anyone who was a fan of the comic and wants the new Joker or who missed out on Harley...
    My art blog:

Depends, I never saw Harley and many wanted one with a better face paint.

Add to that technically I haven't gotten any of the figures for Classics that I had already gotten in Superheroes or Batman so technically it's a new joker for me.

To me the Captain Marvel and Black Adam is more of a waste of money but apparently people had trouble finding Black Adam. Oddly enough I had the exact opposite problem with those two.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

How is the face better?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Her face isn't blue. And that joker was never released in retail.

Quote Originally Posted by MossMan710179 View Post
    Check your local ToysRus, DUCU single figs are on sale for $9.99.
    I don't live near a Toys R Us but I just had a chance to swing by one. All They had were 2 Eclipses (which I can still get cheaper at TJ Maxx and Tuesday Morning if I actually wanted him) and 1 Nightwing variant. I missed out on the 1st Nightwing so for $10 I figured I'd pick up the variant one. He actually had his own sku and wasn't part of the sale despite him hanging on the pegs with the other figures. I asked the clerk about it and she had a manager check it out. Since I had found him among the other figures (they apparently took down his specific peg) and he was the last one left, the manager let me have have him for the sale price. I didn't have to haggle with him or anything. He was a pretty nice dude.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

How is the face better?

The on on the right was the Wave 2 release. New one's much better...
    This space for rent, apparently.....

I guess the white face is better, but not $33 better. If anything, I guess I can buy them, swap the Harleys, and then return the set as defective.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Her face isn't blue. And that joker was never released in retail.
    I don't care about Joker because he is just a repaint in black. The Golden Age Joker from Legacy is by far the superior Joker outisde of his eyes looking downward and will be my Joker of choice until they release an exact Neal Adams version from "Joker's Five Way Revenge."

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I guess the white face is better, but not $33 better. If anything, I guess I can buy them, swap the Harleys, and then return the set as defective.
    Oh sure, and then it ends up back on the shelf for someone else to get tricked into buying your leftover crap. I hate people who do stuff like this. It's a completely dishonest, scum-bag move.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Oh sure, and then it ends up back on the shelf for someone else to get tricked into buying your leftover crap. I hate people who do stuff like this. It's a completely dishonest, scum-bag move.
    That is why I said I could return it as DEFECTIVE. It would not end up back on the shelf that way. If I return something, unless it is unopened, I do not try to act like it has never been opened, I just tell the clerk it is defective because they have to take it back no matter what.

That is why I said I could return it as DEFECTIVE. It would not end up back on the shelf that way. If I return something, unless it is unopened, I do not try to act like it has never been opened, I just tell the clerk it is defective because they have to take it back no matter what.
    So its basically stealing instead of bait and switch?

Bang your head!!!
    Does not always work that way. I've returned itmes, and have even brought figures to the customer service desk if the C&C piece was ripped out only to see it back on the shelf the next day.

Either buy the figure and sell what you don't want or don't bother buying it at all and leave it for someone who wants it more than you...
    My art blog: