Page 132 of 210 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182 ... LastLast
Results 3,276 to 3,300 of 5230

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    That is why I said I could return it as DEFECTIVE. It would not end up back on the shelf that way. If I return something, unless it is unopened, I do not try to act like it has never been opened, I just tell the clerk it is defective because they have to take it back no matter what.
    I'd save your breath, since for some odd reason a lot of the people in this thread don't understand about returning defective merchandise. I ran into the same negativity when I used Forager packaging to return a defective, frozen-hip Riddler because the receipt expired for that UPC. It's not our fault if a careless employee not doing his/her job puts merchandise back on the shelf that you clearly tell them is defective. We shouldn't be stuck with merchandise with poor quality control.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Its rationalizing theft.

Just because you "give" them something back, doesn't make it OK.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Well whatever, call it what you want, I will do what I want. Besides, you act like these are going to be flying off the shelves. If they were, the Hal/Sinestro pack would have been long gone. These will sit on the shelves for months as well because no one will want them. They are too expensive and have figures that have been out for a long time. Besides, Joker is not even comic accurate in colors, so no one will want him.

Anyway, I hope Mattel releases a Flashpoint Batman next year in their new line as the DC Direct one absolutely sucks. He has little to no articulation. Hell, WW has more articulation than him, and she is obviously a female. DCD has NEVER put more than 7 points of articulation on a female before, and now they choose to do so and gyp Batman.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

The Hal and Sinestro has sat because Hal is the most over released character in the line with I think 8 releases* and only two of them were major repaints (shiny hal doesn't count).

Friend purchased the Mad Love two pack, she purchased the two they had left since all the rest had moved. I think this two pack is going to perform better but awkwardly so. I think many purchases will be scalpers thinking they can make a big turn over or people doing things like you.

Put yourself in the shoes of a purchaser of said product, imagine buying a blu-ray movie you have wanted only to find out when you open the packaging someone put in the dvd from 10 years ago.

*Original Pack
    A repack a few waves later
    packed with Zodak
    packed with Abin Sur (shoulder's aren't painted)
    packed with Sinestro (shiny hal)
    in the Green Lantern five pack
    White Lantern
    Black Lantern
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

A better use of the Joker/Harley 2-pack would be to give the parts you don't want to a kid who likes super heroes. Usually kids don't care and won't pick over the color of Joker's costume or possibly an added in Harley's blue face (and if they do then they probably don't need free toys). If however the thing seems too pricey to give away then it's really too pricey to buy at all.

Matty newest update on the Subscriptions, I get the feeling its a go and the excuse is that so many demanded it even though they did not get to 100%

Otherwise they are outright going to inflate the % because there is noway 35-40% of subs happen in the next 9hrs

Quote Originally Posted by MattyCollector
    DC Universe Fans, today’s the last day of our subscription sale. We wanted to let you know that if the meter doesn’t end up at 100% by the end of the day, we’ll have an update for you later this week.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Well whatever, call it what you want, I will do what I want.
    Then don't post about it here. Even if the item doesn't end up back on the shelf for someone else to buy (which it most likely will), you are still taking home a perfectly good, NON-defective item, swapping out the part that you want with one that you don't, and claiming it to be defective. That IS theft. Period, end of story. Do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars. Do not post about that sort of thing here. It's just absrudly dishonest.

What will you even claim to be the defect? The fact that her facial color is a little off?

Besides, you act like these are going to be flying off the shelves. If they were, the Hal/Sinestro pack would have been long gone. These will sit on the shelves for months as well because no one will want them. They are too expensive and have figures that have been out for a long time. Besides, Joker is not even comic accurate in colors, so no one will want him.
    So an item not selling well suddenly justifies stealing it? Wow, now I've heard it all.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

has anyone tried using the matty $5 coupon for anything but the dcuc single pack?

Bang your head!!!
    These will sit on the shelves for months as well because no one will want them. They are too expensive and have figures that have been out for a long time.
    The figures have been out before, yes, but what about people just getting into the line? Those waves are done and gone with, so this is a great opportunity for new collectors to get these figures.

Besides, Joker is not even comic accurate in colors, so no one will want him.
    He's worn that suit before (go back to the previous page and look at the image I posted). The set is representing that cover...
    My art blog:
    http://jeremypeerboom.blogspot.com/

The Power and Honor Foundation:
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Matty newest update on the Subscriptions, I get the feeling its a go and the excuse is that so many demanded it even though they did not get to 100%

Otherwise they are outright going to inflate the % because there is noway 35-40% of subs happen in the next 9hrs
    To me, it kind of sounds like they're going to take the case to the Mattel Gods, plead for mercy and hope the sub still goes through. I hope it does.

As for the Mad Love two pack: I never saw Harley in store, I prefer this Harley from the pics and I only have Mattel's Batman line Joker. So, this set is total WIN for me, if I can find it.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

If Club Infinite Earths does go forward, I hope they make it gang busters and give us some of the most requested stuff because I'm doubtful they will offer a 2013 sub (or if they do, that it will move forward if 2012 wasn't the best anyone could hope for and then some).

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    To me, it kind of sounds like they're going to take the case to the Mattel Gods, plead for mercy and hope the sub still goes through. I hope it does.

As for the Mad Love two pack: I never saw Harley in store, I prefer this Harley from the pics and I only have Mattel's Batman line Joker. So, this set is total WIN for me, if I can find it.
    You mean take it to themselves since we all know who is behind Matty

I will lol if they kill it and leave Digital River to clean up the mess , oh lord
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    You mean take it to themselves since we all know who is behind Matty

I will lol if they kill it and leave Digital River to clean up the mess , oh lord
    Yeah, the update they might be getting back to us about it how we're going to get our $30 back.
    I see that going smoothly.
    Bill :: guitargod694

Movie mayhem!
    The update is... we are moving ahead with the sub, but everything will be painted by 2 year olds and the joints will be crap in order to cut costs. Then they will get in trouble for child labor and the line will end. BUT we'll get Wally!

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    The update is... we are moving ahead with the sub, but everything will be painted by 2 year olds and the joints will be crap in order to cut costs.!
    Would that be news though, that seems like its standard practice now

Wow, some of you guys are still hopeful for the sub? I gave up on it 2 weeks ago.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

I hope it still goes through, as much as I didn't buy a sub, I would cherry pick with a dcuc online option, easier than hunting for em and begging online!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Wow, some of you guys are still hopeful for the sub? I gave up on it 2 weeks ago.
    Its like a train wreck, you now what is happening but you just need to keep looking

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I did give up on it when it was 26%, but I think it HAS to go through now that it's past 60%. A bunch of fans, including myself brought the sub today and I don't think that Mattel has updated the meter. Damn near 2/3rds of the target audience they need? I think Mattel will probably go through with it, but with reduced production numbers or something. That's probably why they'll get back to us later this week instead of announcing that the line is dead 12am tonight.

It's like the credit card companies...while it's not their targeted goal, it's better to get SOME money rather than NO MONEY.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I did give up on it when it was 26%, but I think it HAS to go through now that it's past 60%. A bunch of fans, including myself brought the sub today and I don't think that Mattel has updated the meter. Damn near 2/3rds of the target audience they need? I think Mattel will probably go through with it, but with reduced production numbers or something. That's probably why they'll get back to us later this week instead of announcing that the line is dead 12am tonight.

It's like the credit card companies...while it's not their targeted goal, it's better to get SOME money rather than NO MONEY.
    Yeah I have always maintained they don't need 100%, I think 100% is needed for large profit but that it was always designed to sustain at a certain lower %

I can totally see a MOTUC situation happen, low production leads to super fast sellout of the sub figures that are not sent to subscribers = more people sign up for 2013

Heroic Warrior BrandnChicagoHorde's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Then don't post about it here. Even if the item doesn't end up back on the shelf for someone else to buy (which it most likely will), you are still taking home a perfectly good, NON-defective item, swapping out the part that you want with one that you don't, and claiming it to be defective. That IS theft. Period, end of story. Do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars. Do not post about that sort of thing here. It's just absrudly dishonest.

What will you even claim to be the defect? The fact that her facial color is a little off?

So an item not selling well suddenly justifies stealing it? Wow, now I've heard it all.
    I completely agree with Dynamo. Seriously, Dr. Kain, you're something else.
    The littlest member of the Chicago Horde with the Dirtiest Mouth!

Look at What I'm Selling! Please Feel Free to PM Offers:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181471

Trader Reviews:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=175510

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I'm pretty sure they said the thermomemter had to hit 100% in order for the sub to be a go, and it only hit 62%. I mean, the guy in that podcast made it clear that it has to hit the 100% mark.

Green Lantern Classics are 9 bucks are Walmart.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Latest update on the sub, next week they might have some info. You would think if it was canceled they would just say so and tell you they will work on refunds over the next month or so.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyCollector
    We know you’re waiting to hear about the DC Universe Club Infinite Earths. We’re still working on it and the soonest we’ll have news for you is next week. Stay tuned for more details then.

Next week?! That'll be a long-ass time to wait only to hear that the logistics couldn't be worked out. If it does get canceled, I wonder if they'll offer subscribers a discount for buying the LoSH set.