Page 142 of 210 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152192 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,550 of 5231

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

......but, I thought someone like Larfleeze was what was supposed to go in Club Infinite Earths.

Him and Superboy Prime feel like two more entries that might have been intended for the "canceled" Green Lantern Classics line. Hope I can get them online, my B&M stores never have anything recent.

I never asked for Flashpoint Plastic Man, so I'm glad at least about that one not taking up a spot in the DCUC sub.

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    But thats what usually happens with the all star figures, they are just re-releases of older hard to find figures e.g. batman, superman, wonder woman, shazam etc

Im glad were getting larfleeze and superboy-prime and im glad batman beyond is getting re-released. I havent read flashpoint and I got the SDCC plastic man so this new one is a miss for me

JAG2045
    I just found it interesting that the first retail wave after the split into fan online figures and retail popular figures is largely a rerelease wave.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    ......but, I thought someone like Larfleeze was what was supposed to go in Club Infinite Earths.

Him and Superboy Prime feel like two more entries that might have been intended for the "canceled" Green Lantern Classics line. Hope I can get them online, my B&M stores never have anything recent.

I never asked for Flashpoint Plastic Man, so I'm glad at least about that one not taking up a spot in the DCUC sub.
    This is also my thought, this seems kind of a weird retail wave after what they went on about for the splitting into retail and collector segments.

Heck I would even argue to some extent most of that announcement sounds more like a Club Infinite Earths selection. Batman Beyond being the only exception.
    Last edited by wyldman11; November 7, 2011 at 04:39pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    I just found it interesting that the first retail wave after the split into fan online figures and retail popular figures is largely a rerelease wave.

This is also my thought, this seems kind of a weird retail wave after what they went on about for the splitting into retail and collector segments.

Heck I would even argue to some extent most of that announcement sounds more like a Club Infinite Earths selection. Batman Beyond being the only exception.
    The 4 "new" figures in the line are:

A New Lantern (May show up on the GL Animated Show?)
    Batman (Beyond)
    Superboy (Prime)
    Plastic Man (Shown up a few times on Batman Brave and the Bold)

I think that those are what we may expect in the retail line, "different" versions of main characters and ones that will show up on the new DC animated block on Cartoon Network.

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    The 4 "new" figures in the line are:

A New Lantern (May show up on the GL Animated Show?)
    Batman (Beyond)
    Superboy (Prime)
    Plastic Man (Shown up a few times on Batman Brave and the Bold)

I think that those are what we may expect in the retail line, "different" versions of main characters and ones that will show up on the new DC animated block on Cartoon Network.
    I will leave it at this, they went on about wanting characters 'moms' and 'kids' would easily recognize. So we get a two comic characters who haven't had large appearances but have played big roles in some events. Batman Beyond a character from a show that is a decade old. And Plastic Man, who has had some recent appearances on Batman Bold and the Brave but outside of that is probably not largely known outside of comics, despite having a show 30 years ago. If it was Space Armor Superman and not Superboy Prime or Aquatic Assualt Batman not Batman Beyond I think this would fit what you are saying more. Kids tend to eat up variations like that, where as comic fans tend to eat up comic based variations.

In short if you were to ask the moms and kids they said the line was going for about these characters you would likely get a who? or "is that some funky comic version of the character that only die hard fans know about?"
    Last edited by wyldman11; November 9, 2011 at 05:43pm.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Total pass for me!

Heroic Warrior
    WOW!

That Flashpoint Plasticman looks kick A!

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    I got the sub and have no desire for Doomsday, so seriously, he's yours if they issue him.
    Really?! DEAL!!! If/when he comes out I will def take you up on that offer. Just let me know what you would want for him.

I still have a good feeling that doomsday or killer croc are going to be one of the oversized figures since they are the last few figures that need to be redone from the DCSH waves.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post

Now, if they'd just reveal who's going to be in that three-pack with SP Penguin!
    I am betting for sure that one of them will be the super powers batman without the battle damage.
    Last edited by King Kahn; November 7, 2011 at 08:06pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Okay, this seems liek a weird wave. Larfleeze is awesome, Superboy Prime is awesome, but since when was Plasticman in Flashpoint? And why him? Why not Aquaman? Wonder Woman? Or Batman? How about Captain Thunder? Grifter? Lois Lane?

I already have a few Batman Beyonds, so I'll pass.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Okay, this seems liek a weird wave. Larfleeze is awesome, Superboy Prime is awesome, but since when was Plasticman in Flashpoint? And why him?
    In the 3 part Legion of Doom. It's a Heatwave story. It's good. I recommend it.

as for the why. Why not? it's something different. It's a different and good take on him.

Too bad you can't recreate Plastic Man's break in to prison with this figure...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Too bad you can't recreate Plastic Man's break in to prison with this figure...

Not sure I want to.

Well I'm excited about Batman Beyond! I never saw it at retail and it gets more on Ebay then I'm willing to spend.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    Really?! DEAL!!! If/when he comes out I will def take you up on that offer. Just let me know what you would want for him.
    Cost + shipping. I only want figures as they appeared circa 1985 and earlier. I got the sub to support the line, hoping I'd get more figures to fill in that line up. Speaking of, anyone want an Atrocitus?

Chronically Groovy Mighty Puundragon's Avatar
    Wow if that Plastic Man was more like the SDCC version I would buy one for my 4 year old. He loves Plas from Batman the Brave and the Bold. That one looks like Kevin Costner playing Elvis in 3000 miles to Graceland.

I think maybe the reason that there are a few obscurities in this first wave is because they were probably in development before Warner made Mattel change the focus of the DC brand. I bet they took the good stuff to put in the sub and put these few leftovers in the first wave of DC Universe All Stars. Wave 2 will probably be closer to the direction of the line.

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    I am betting for sure that one of them will be the super powers batman without the battle damage.
    I hope that you are right. The battle damage on the otherwise Super Powers accurate Batman made me very sad.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    In the 3 part Legion of Doom. It's a Heatwave story. It's good. I recommend it.

as for the why. Why not? it's something different. It's a different and good take on him.
    I would read it, if I can find the damn Flashpoint trades. Right now I can only find the hardcover for the main story, but I cannot find any of the sidestories (and have only read Lois Lane and the Resistance and Citizen Cold as they were coming out sicne that is all I could find every issue to).
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    Finally, a chance to get Batman Beyond without the defective frozen hip joints! I went through 4 of those, trying the freezer trick with each one, and three of them still had legs that snapped off when I moved them. I kept exchanging each one until I settled with the one I have with a frozen left leg. If the new one has both functional hip joints, I'm returning my old one in the new packaging; that way I'll finally have an exchange of my defective figure for a functional one.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Heroic Warrior
    Not being a DC fan in general, there's not many figures I'd want...

Admittedly, I'd jump if they made, say, Jade as a Green Lantern or Cain from House of Mystery. And who WOULDN'T love it if the "build a figure" was a role play HERO Dial?

Come on, Matty! Give us some Batman Beyond villains! Blight would make a great "buildafigure".

Might be a great opportunity to get BBeyond again, but does he have his wings? NOOOOOOOO... BAH! Terry without the wings is NO Terry at all!
    CyberV... FOR VICTORY!

Check out my new comic, Death Fox, at www.whatthefluxcomics.com

They are done with Build a Figures. I agree though, they need to make Blight, Spellbinder, Shriek, Curare, Stalker, and Inque.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    Cost + shipping. I only want figures as they appeared circa 1985 and earlier. I got the sub to support the line, hoping I'd get more figures to fill in that line up. Speaking of, anyone want an Atrocitus?

Just curious - is that universal? I'm the same way, but only to a certain extent...I prefer the pre-crisis/'80s looks for just about everyone, but there are some characters that have come around since then I really like - Harley Quinn, Bane, Steel, etc. I actually really like both Larfleeze and Atrocitus too.

And I have to say, the more I get used to it, the more I like Sinestro's modern look over his classic.

But overall, I prefer the characters to look the way they did when I was a kid. Just my personal bias.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Just curious - is that universal? I'm the same way, but only to a certain extent...I prefer the pre-crisis/'80s looks for just about everyone, but there are some characters that have come around since then I really like - Harley Quinn, Bane, Steel, etc. I actually really like both Larfleeze and Atrocitus too.

And I have to say, the more I get used to it, the more I like Sinestro's modern look over his classic.

But overall, I prefer the characters to look the way they did when I was a kid. Just my personal bias.
    People tend to prefer the version(s) they were first introduced to especially if it was during child hood. This isn't just with comics but just about everything.

At the start of the Silver Age with the new Green Lantern, Flash, Hawkman etc older fans were upset with the loss of the Golden Age versions this is in part why they created Justice Society of America. Granted I don't think this was quite as 'violent' of a reaction as you see modernly.

Some examples in other media. Gabe and Tycho from Penny Arcade, Gabe (I forget real names) got into Dungeons and Dragons with the 3rd edition when the 4th came out he was quite upset and going on about how they ruined it. Tycho basically said you just get used to it and said he felt the same when 2nd edition came out.

Muscle cars, people tend to favor the styles that were either popular when they were young/teens or those their parents liked.

Final Fantasy, most peoples favorite game is typically one of the first two they played. This is why 4, 6 and 7 (10) are so popular, they are the most common jumping in points for most to the series.

With DC Universe Classics most of the people who collect the figures are in their late twenty's to mid thirties, so there is a propensity towards the late Silver and Bronze age (with some Dark Age in there) versions of the characters.

For me personally, with comics I tend to be a bit all over the place. For example some like Batman I don't really have a disliked look for him I to some extent like them all. Bu then with say Nightwing I prefer the more recent black and blue (the current red is eeh).
    Last edited by wyldman11; November 8, 2011 at 10:43am.

People tend to prefer the version(s) they were first introduced to especially if it was during child hood. This isn't just with comics but just about everything.
    This is the reason DCUC appealed to me the most out of all the many DC lines that have existed. My main introduction to DC characters was the DC Super Powers toy line and the Superfriends cartoon. DCUC has more to offer in those 2 areas than any other DC line.

Muscle cars, people tend to favor the styles that were either popular when they were young/teens or those their parents liked.
    While I do agree with this statement, I am the oddball. I donít like much of any cars made after the 60ís. For me, itís all about Mustangs. And I didnít get that from my parents.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

For the most part. I've bought more modern characters like Harley. I have Steel. For a while, I had a mix of sort of my "dream team" Justice League which included the Jason Firestorm and Jaime Blue Beetle, but I reorganized a while ago and due to space limitations, a lot of my figures had to go into storage. What I have now is the New Teen Titans, Justice Society -- all the figures so far, so it's a mix of classic and modern... I just pretend they're time traveling-- and an amalgam of the Satellite Era JLA and the Super Friends/Super Powers. The JSA is simply posed, facing forward. The Titans are fighting Deathstroke and Trigon and the JLA are fighting Darkseid's forces and the Legion of Doom. I threw Joker in there, just because I love the figure so much and Gentleman Ghost since he was on the Super Friends once. I used the purple and green versions of Lex and Brainiac, the "do over" Sinestro in blue and Priscilla Rich Cheetah. So, yeah, that's basically my era. (Although I really want a Barbara Minerva Cheetah!)

I think it's just because no matter how much I love comics today, I CAN'T love them with as much passion and abandon as I did as a child. So those versions of the characters and those team lineups are the ones ingrained in my soul.

I'm still hoping for hot pants Supergirl and bell-sleeve Zatanna, but I guess those are long shots. And Elongated Man!

As for modern characters, I like Saint Walker and LOVE Batwoman so if they are included, I would buy them, but I might not even open them, considering they wouldn't fit thematically into my display. Vixen, I would prefer to look as she does now, versus the Wolverine-meets-Tina Turner look she had in the 80s. I'm allergic to the 90s, so Bane and Doomsday and that ilk can stay away. Aquaman is my favorite male character, but if they throw a hook-hand, long-hair version into the subscription, I'd be just as likely to throw it in the trash as go to the bother of reselling it.

The Final Fantasy reasoning does not work. I played them in this order VII, VIII, XII, I, II, IV, V, VI, IX, III, X, and then of course XIII when it first came out. However, VI is by far my favorite, followed by XII, IX, VII, and IV, while XIII and X are the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    The Final Fantasy reasoning does not work. I played them in this order VII, VIII, XII, I, II, IV, V, VI, IX, III, X, and then of course XIII when it first came out. However, VI is by far my favorite, followed by XII, IX, VII, and IV, while XIII and X are the worst.
    It's a generalization, meaning it won't apply to everyone.