Page 149 of 210 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,725 of 5230

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Yuck View Post
    I'm just about done with this DCIC or whatever it is sub. We have heard bupkis on this subscription. Seriously, we haven't even seen the Poison Ivy that was teased, what, 6 months ago?

I really want a Poison Ivy and Huntress figure, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they pull the plug on this line after the initial offerings.
    I think they've been holding back on news until Toy Fair. Two more weeks.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    They better show EVERYONE for the entire DCU sub.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

haha that will happen for sure.

My guess: Six figures. We'll get the confirmation of who is shipping when. We'll see the final versions of the four figures we've been shown, we'll see Ivy, and maybe one or two more. That'll put us well into summer releases...they'll hold off on the fall until SDCC.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    My guess: Six figures. We'll get the confirmation of who is shipping when. We'll see the final versions of the four figures we've been shown, we'll see Ivy, and maybe one or two more. That'll put us well into summer releases...they'll hold off on the fall until SDCC.
    They need to show us more than just the three figures we have already seen. We already know the figures for April, May, June, they need to show us July, Aug, Sept, Oct, and then all of the oversized figures coming out in those months.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    They need to show us more than just the three figures we have already seen. We already know the figures for April, May, June, they need to show us July, Aug, Sept, Oct, and then all of the oversized figures coming out in those months.
    Why? We've already bought the sub. They don't need to do anything else until SDCC, really, if you look at it from a cynical perspective.

It'd be great if they did. I'm just saying don't get your hopes up - I doubt we'll see Sept/Oct figures at Toy Fair. I don't think we'll see anything past August, just based on previous years' patterns (a la MOTU.)

I do think you're right about the first oversized figure (not counting Metron), who I'd assume will come out in the early summer, maybe June? (I'd think probably every three months?)

So I'd look to see:
    Club Exclusive: Metron
    April: Flash
    May: Atrocitus
    June: Starman
    July: Poison Ivy
    August: TBD
    Oversize 1: TBD

(Note: I don't know if that's the order they're being released in.)

I just can't see Mattel going all the way into the fall with reveals right now - but again, if they do, I'll be pleased.

Why? We've already bought the sub. They don't need to do anything else until SDCC, really, if you look at it from a cynical perspective.

It'd be great if they did. I'm just saying don't get your hopes up - I doubt we'll see Sept/Oct figures at Toy Fair. I don't think we'll see anything past August, just based on previous years' patterns (a la MOTU.)

I do think you're right about the first oversized figure (not counting Metron), who I'd assume will come out in the early summer, maybe June? (I'd think probably every three months?)

So I'd look to see:
    Club Exclusive: Metron
    April: Flash
    May: Atrocitus
    June: Starman
    July: Poison Ivy
    August: TBD
    Oversize 1: TBD

(Note: I don't know if that's the order they're being released in.)

I just can't see Mattel going all the way into the fall with reveals right now - but again, if they do, I'll be pleased.
    I agree, they're more likely to want to save enough to reveal at SDCC and use that to hype the line/sub for 2013 (assuming there is another one on sale then after that thermometer torture).
    Last edited by gbagok; January 26, 2012 at 08:09pm.

I have to agree - I think Mattel's only going to show us enough of the figures at Toy Fair to get us through to SDCC, where they'll show off all the rest.
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Searching for more legends, found the new Arkham two pack.

Variant set

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I agree, they're more likely to want to save enough to reveal at SDCC and use that to hype the line/sub for 2013 (assuming there is another one on sale then after that thermometer torture).
    I think there will be, last year the rug was pulled out from under them by DC and I think they were scrambling to put together something and make it look like they had it planned.

Hopefully this year its as organized as other sub lines so DCU fans will go more in knowing they are going to get figures
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Sigh, having to get another Batman just to get a Talia body with Catwoman's head...

BTW, does Catwoman actually come with her whip this time?

Yep, one of the best whips made from Mattel.

Now seeing the figures scheduled for Club DC Infinite Earths, I'm glad that I did not sign up for it.

Although, I was hoping to see the "Super Powers" colors Penguin and it wasn't.
    Does anyone know if it has been cancelled?
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

To clarify:

April Figure: Flash (Jay)
    Sub Exclusive (April): Metron w/Chair
    May Figure: Atrocitus
    June Figure: Starman
    July Figure: Mirror Master
    First Oversized, Date TBD: Rocket Red
    Figure Date TBD: Poison Ivy
    Figure Date TBD: Platinum with Tin
    Figure Date TBD: Black Mask

Penguin was for a retailer who cancelled; no word yet on where he'll end up, or if he will.

Overall, I'm very happy with what they've shown.

What the hell? I thought Poison Ivy was going to be the classic version since this is what this sub is supposed to be for. I love that version, but that was not the PI I was told this line would have.

On the other hand, Black Mask and the two Metal Men look awesome. Why the hell do we have Red Rocket? I did not vote for him to be the sub for a reason. Where is Ras al'ghul or Vandal Savage?!

So two of the oversized figures down, one to go and we all know it will not be Doomsday or Granny Goodness...

That Ivy is beautiful, but I also would have preferred flesh-tone skin & some type of footwear. I'm still happy to get the one shown...

Rocket Red is kinda off for me, and I still have no interest in Starman, even with the alternate head.

Black Mask & Mirror Master are full of win!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Skullface; February 12, 2012 at 09:31pm.

Chronically Groovy Mighty Puundragon's Avatar
    Am I missing something? Where are you guys seeing pictures of these? I have been searching MattyCollector and online and I see none of the pics you guys are talking about. Can someone post a link?

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Puundragon View Post
    Am I missing something? Where are you guys seeing pictures of these? I have been searching MattyCollector and online and I see none of the pics you guys are talking about. Can someone post a link?
    Check here:

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mo...ze=800&start=0

Chronically Groovy Mighty Puundragon's Avatar
    Thanks a million. I am actually very excited about those figs. I think they all look great. Only thing I am wondering is why does it look like Mirror Master has two guns but visibly only one hand that can hold a gun?

Also, not DCUC news, but in case anyone here cares:

Mattel confirmed the final 'lost' JLU figures, including the never-actually-announced Dr. Destiny and Firefly, WILL be released in three-pack format in the fall. (Besides the two I mentioned, these include Blue Beetle, Guy Gardner, Static (future), Aquagirl, Micron, Mongul, Vandal Savage, Toyman, and Future Superman).

Also, they showed the first three (of an eventual six) Movie Masters for the Dark Knight Rises - Batman, Catwoman and Bane. (Batman looks pretty much the same as TDK, to my eyes, anyway, but Catwoman and Bane look nice.) They each come with a piece of a C&C working Bat-Signal.

And from what I read, the DCUC Ivy's not done yet - apparently they're still adding more ivy to her.

Also, they showed the first three (of an eventual six) Movie Masters for the Dark Knight Rises - Batman, Catwoman and Bane. (Batman looks pretty much the same as TDK, to my eyes, anyway, but Catwoman and Bane look nice.) They each come with a piece of a C&C working Bat-Signal.
    Are they going to actually release everyone that comes with the Bat Signal pieces in stores or are they going to pull another Parallax on us? I'm not touching a single movie master until all 6 are on the pegs at the same time! They tricked me into getting the first 3 GL MMs and never bothered to provide the rest.

Are they going to actually release everyone that comes with the Bat Signal pieces in stores or are they going to pull another Parallax on us? I'm not touching a single movie master until all 6 are on the pegs at the same time! They tricked me into getting the first 3 GL MMs and never bothered to provide the rest.
    The GL MMs were readily available from online retailers. I have a complete Parallax. I have no idea what to do with him because he's so friggin' huge, but all the figures were released - just all but the first four MMs were pretty impossible to find at retail.

With only six for Batman, I'm not too worried. I think part of the reason only three were shown may be due to movie spoilers. From what I've read, rumor-wise, about the movie, they might be giving away the game if they showed the whole series now.

I want the Catwoman and Bane, regardless of the C&C, so I'm definitely getting them. So I will probably pick up the Batman as well, even if for whatever reason the other three figures never materialized.

The GL MMs were readily available from online retailers. I have a complete Parallax. I have no idea what to do with him because he's so friggin' huge, but all the figures were released - just all but the first four MMs were pretty impossible to find at retail.
    I should not have to go online and pay twice as much to get the products required just because Mattel dropped the ball and decided to flood stores with only 3 figures before the movie came out. It is their fault for being idiots and if they cannot deliver on a product, they should not make it. If they wanted them to be online, they should have sold them online at Mattycollector instead of wasting my time and money going from store to store looking for their adveritised crap. Mattel should have thought about this before they decided to commit to a 14 piece figure if they did not have 100% retailer support on this.

Anyone been spotting DCUC figs in Canada at Wal Mart? Been pretty random selection... started with wave 20, but this weekend I started seeing wave 12 and assorted All Stars figures... kinda weird as they haven't stocked anything past wave 1 before, and these other figures are a few years old...

I should not have to go online and pay twice as much to get the products required just because Mattel dropped the ball and decided to flood stores with only 3 figures before the movie came out. It is their fault for being idiots and if they cannot deliver on a product, they should not make it.
    Why don't you just get them online which would save you time and gas money? You can go to BBTS right now and get all 9 GL Movie Masters you don't have for $103.98 before shipping.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/s...+movie+masters

That's $11.55 per figure and will certainly come in below the $15-16 retail price even after shipping. I found these figures online (Enchanted Toy Chest) for similar prices even before they came out. It wasn't and still isn't hard to get them for cheap if you want them. But then you wouldn't be able to complain about their availability.