Page 150 of 210 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160200 ... LastLast
Results 3,726 to 3,750 of 5230

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

HD figures on youtube
    That picture of Catwoman & Catra is very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by xBBestx View Post
    Anyone been spotting DCUC figs in Canada at Wal Mart? Been pretty random selection... started with wave 20, but this weekend I started seeing wave 12 and assorted All Stars figures... kinda weird as they haven't stocked anything past wave 1 before, and these other figures are a few years old...
    I saw the red arrow, green arrow wave this weekend, tempted to buy those as i dig the sculpts but money has been tight since the year started.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    Why don't you just get them online which would save you time and gas money? You can go to BBTS right now and get all 9 GL Movie Masters you don't have for $103.98 before shipping.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/s...+movie+masters

That's $11.55 per figure and will certainly come in below the $15-16 retail price even after shipping. I found these figures online (Enchanted Toy Chest) for similar prices even before they came out. It wasn't and still isn't hard to get them for cheap if you want them. But then you wouldn't be able to complain about their availability.
    That's what I did - the ETC route. Worked out fine, and never had to go hunting. I don't think most of the latter figures even made it to retail, so why you'd want to waste gas and time looking for something that didn't even get sightings report is beyond me.

Honestly, that's what I do for most things now - I have the DC and MOTU Subs, and a friend of mine and I went in together on DCUC waves from ETC to save on shipping. The only other things I collect are JLU and the DC Arkham City figures - which I also just order online, so no hunting. Saves a lot of money on gas, saves on frustration, keeps me from stupid impulse buys, and I get to relax.

I doubt the MM figures for Batman will be that tough to find, unless they crazy short-pack Catwoman. But eventually they seem to be available, if one waits a bit.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    Why don't you just get them online which would save you time and gas money? You can go to BBTS right now and get all 9 GL Movie Masters you don't have for $103.98 before shipping.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/s...+movie+masters

That's $11.55 per figure and will certainly come in below the $15-16 retail price even after shipping. I found these figures online (Enchanted Toy Chest) for similar prices even before they came out. It wasn't and still isn't hard to get them for cheap if you want them. But then you wouldn't be able to complain about their availability.
    Because I shouldn't have to. Mattel tricked me into thinking they were serious about releasing a 14 CnC figure set, and I fell for it. I will not buy these out of the principle of the matter.

Thanks though.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

So you would have rather had all 14 figures come out at retail and pay $15+ tax than get them for less money online and not have to waste any time or gas looking for them? That makes no sense at all, but you're entitled to your own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Because I shouldn't have to. Mattel tricked me into thinking they were serious about releasing a 14 CnC figure set, and I fell for it. I will not buy these out of the principle of the matter.

Thanks though.
    How did they trick you?? They did release the figures, just not to retail, because they over-shipped the first waves and the movie underperformed, lessening sales. So rather than just shrug and write them off, they shipped them to online retailers. Now you can get them - all of them - for less than you would have had to spend at retail.

How is that a trick? Had they promised a bunch of figures and then not released them at all, you might be justified in calling it a trick (if they were just trying to sell you the first four figures that hit retail in large quantities), but since they made them all available, regularly, throughout the summer and fall - there's no trickery involved.

Because when you decided to do a 14 piece figure, you either commit to releasing the entire line to retail stores, or you do not do it. They should have made sure retailers were going to back something like that before going ahead with it.

I should not have to go online to buy a retailed release line. MOTUC is and always has been an online line. Movie figures like this are for retailers both online and real stores, and I should not have to go online to buy something that should be readily available everywhere and anywhere. The simple fact is Mattel dropped the ball with this line and then got lazy and instead of doing work to correct it, they suddenly expect everyone to just buy them from an online retailer. Sorry, but no. I personally hate shopping online. I want to touch my product, look at it, make sure it is in good condition, make sure the figure itself is worth buying, check the paint job, etc, before I drop the dough on it. If that is too hard for them to do, then it simply is not worth my money because I will spend it on something else I can get in store instead.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Because when you decided to do a 14 piece figure, you either commit to releasing the entire line to retail stores, or you do not do it. They should have made sure retailers were going to back something like that before going ahead with it.

I should not have to go online to buy a retailed release line. MOTUC is and always has been an online line. Movie figures like this are for retailers both online and real stores, and I should not have to go online to buy something that should be readily available everywhere and anywhere. The simple fact is Mattel dropped the ball with this line and then got lazy and instead of doing work to correct it, they suddenly expect everyone to just buy them from an online retailer. Sorry, but no. I personally hate shopping online. I want to touch my product, look at it, make sure it is in good condition, make sure the figure itself is worth buying, check the paint job, etc, before I drop the dough on it. If that is too hard for them to do, then it simply is not worth my money because I will spend it on something else I can get in store instead.
    That's a valid point, re: Quality Control. I just think you're being too harsh on Mattel - I think had the movie performed the way they (and really moreso, the WB) had hoped, the stock would have kept moving beyond the first wave and a half. In other words, they didn't set out to only sell four figures at retail. (Believe me, I'm not out to defend Mattel, but I honestly don't think this one is really their fault, beyond over-shipping the first wave.)

And for what it's worth - I've been ordering from ETC for several years, and have never received any figure that was a problem from a QC perspective. (Though perhaps I've just been lucky.) If you'd rather shop based on what you can find to check out the figure before you buy it, I totally get that. But if nothing else, I can recommend ETC as a quality retailer. (Never had a problem with BBTS either, but I tend to only get Hasbro stuff and DC Direct from them.)

Part of the attraction is that even though I live in a busy area, finding things has always been tough. There are three Targets near me, but they rarely get things in, and when they do, it's usually a case, and it's gone in a day. There are three TRUs within 45 minutes, but again - hard to actually get your hands on anything. (I've met some of the other local collectors, and some of them are the guys who get up at 8AM to be there when they open the doors, so that by 9 anything good is gone.) It's just not that worth it for me to deal with that level of aggravation, so online shopping works great for me, personally, anyway, but to each their own.

DCUC was a particular problem. There are whole waves, including all three of the Wal-Mart waves, that I literally never saw. (Wal-Mart around here is a joke.) I've not seen anything post-Wave 17. I didn't see Wave 6 until months after it had shipped, and waves 3, 8, 9, 12, 15 and 16 I only ever saw remnants. So as you might imagine, this led to considerable aggravation.

YAY MIRROR MASTER! At last a new Rogue (Zoom/Reverse Flash doesnt count as he isnt part of the "Rouges" group)

Atrocius looks ok, though it looks like he wont be able to move his head, have they said if he will come with a Red Lantern?

I really want the Knightfall 2 pack to - I remember the OAFE review of the wave 16 figure and they said that the armour should have been in red so im glad we will be able to get a comic accurate figure (though az-bats from wave 16 is one of my fav figures)

JAG2045
    My feedback
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=108414
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=jag2045
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=117706

Great traders: Blue-jackal/Fneh(2)/Daz/Royalt1us/Evil-Orko/Buythepower/Booster/Adora/Zodac101/tokyonever/lemure77(2)/Vess(2)/Scorpia/Buzzsaw Hordak/miscus555/tmc1984/General Hawk 7

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    YAY MIRROR MASTER! At last a new Rogue (Zoom/Reverse Flash doesnt count as he isnt part of the "Rouges" group)

Atrocius looks ok, though it looks like he wont be able to move his head, have they said if he will come with a Red Lantern?

I really want the Knightfall 2 pack to - I remember the OAFE review of the wave 16 figure and they said that the armour should have been in red so im glad we will be able to get a comic accurate figure (though az-bats from wave 16 is one of my fav figures)

JAG2045
    Az-Bats' armor was actually the wave 16 colors until the last few issues of Knights End, where he emerged from Gotham Bay and the paint came off of his armor to reveal his Azrael-esque color scheme that's in the two-pack.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Evil Vixen/Heroic Chef Starshine's Avatar
    If you have any holes, or need army-builders, the Wal*Mart down the road from me had their DCUC figures clearanced to $4! I picked up El Dorado for that.
    ~RK
    ".....We wouldn't think of putting something on the screen - whether for theatres, television, or home video - without building in pro-social values..."

- Lou Scheimer (1984)

This is what its all about, folks.

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
    If you have any holes, or need army-builders, the Wal*Mart down the road from me had their DCUC figures clearanced to $4! I picked up El Dorado for that.
    ~RK
    They wouldn't happen to have figures from waves 16 or 20, would they? I need Az-Bats, Riddler, Golden Age Robin, Red Arrow, and Zoom the Reverse Flash to complete my collection. Wave 16 never showed up here.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Evil Vixen/Heroic Chef Starshine's Avatar
    No, I wish LOL. They had a handful of Kamandis, Tyr, a Spectre, a Copperhead, and an El Dorado, which I bought.

I saw Wave 16 twice, but was broke the first time, when I saw the whole wave...next time, I just saw Mercury, Jonah Hex, & the Creeper, and I bought all 3 (on sale, even!)

Happy hunting, everyone!

Just an FYI, for those with Kroger in their area, they have DCUC for $10.99 in my area (and I'm assuming other areas, too). All I can seem to find at mine are Anti-Monitor figures (no Hal or Flash...The Atom's getting harder to find, as well)

~RK
    ".....We wouldn't think of putting something on the screen - whether for theatres, television, or home video - without building in pro-social values..."

- Lou Scheimer (1984)

This is what its all about, folks.

DCU being cancelled?

I just got this email from BBTS:

Hi - We have just been told that this assortment has been changed to JLA Superman, JLA Batman, Red Robin and Superboy Prime, with all other waves and figures being cancelled. If you are no longer interested in this item, feel free to go to your BBTS account and cancel the pre-order at any time before mid-July, when we will be filling the pre-orders. We thank you for your order, and apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

What happened to Larfleeze?

Why?

This cannot be true!!!!

Darn, it's annoying if true because I wanted a Batman Beyond figure finally.

Maybe so. Larfleez has dropped out of the All Stars wave 1 assortment on Entertainment Earth (though he's still in the picture). Something tells me they're gonna move him to the Infinite Earths subscription where he makes more sense and can, in theory, save them money since they don't have to fill an extra slot. Same might go for Plastic Man, although what a bore that would be. It's a real damn shame if they're going back to just selling Batman and Superman lines. If this was DC's idea, I think they've shot themselves in the foot. The line had gone pretty far and could have gone further. Now they've effectively canceled the line like everyone thought they were doing back at SDCC. Sounds like a bait and switch.

Well, I got a DCIH subscription and hope Larfleeze ends up there as I was going to get him anyways.

It will be interesting if these new DCU will show up in retail stores this year. I would really like Mattel to move forward with Batman Legacy and Superman Legacy (like the cancelled Reign of the Superman line) if they are going to stick to Batman and Superman characters.
    MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

My Feedback Thread

I don't mind Larfleeze in the sub, that is fine, but that means one less spot for Ras and Vandal. They better not put Plastic Man in the sub, or the Super Powers Penguin, otherwise I will be piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissed .

EDIT: Where is Scott? Why he is not telling us what is going on here?!
    Last edited by Dr Kain; March 9, 2012 at 03:59pm.

I can't imagine them being that egregious to put Flashpoint PM into the sub, but Larfleeze would make a decent sub figure - especially given Atroctitus' upcoming release.

You have to love, though, how Mattel seems to be the last one to say anything about DCUC. It's leaks and online retailers who seem to get the news.

I have nothing to base this on, but I don't think they're cancelling the figures, just moving them somewhere else like a later wave or in the sub.

Also they put in their best Batman to date instead. So there's that.

I don't mind Larfleeze in the sub, that is fine, but that means one less spot for Ras and Vandal. They better not put Plastic Man in the sub, or the Super Powers Penguin, otherwise I will be piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissed .

EDIT: Where is Scott? Why he is not telling us what is going on here?!
    i don't think scott is the DCUC brand manager...is he?

He might be right now. Fangirl 2.0 was demoted to Fangirl 1.0.

They are reshuffling the line up. That's it.

Scott is the brand manager for CIE but not All Stars. He confirmed it today in the Ask Matty - MOTU Section.

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/2981043647

Misleading thread title by the way. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    I have nothing to base this on, but I don't think they're cancelling the figures, just moving them somewhere else like a later wave or in the sub.
    with all other waves and figures being cancelled