Page 153 of 211 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,825 of 5266

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    So now the DC sub is running behind, as well. Big surprise; we'll likely see more delays, so expect a few months at the end of the year to be doubled up.

And, as I feel must be pointed out again, anyone who ordered the DC sub in the same purchase as MOTU subs was guaranteed that they would all ship together from the VERY FIRST MONTH; the delay until the first renewal was only for people who ordered the subs separately. Has TG ever given an answer as to why Mattel has outright violated this part of the contract (something they stated in writing more than once on the Matty site itself) sub holders made with them?
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    So now the DC sub is running behind, as well. Big surprise; we'll likely see more delays, so expect a few months at the end of the year to be doubled up.
    Yeah, I guess I'm not really surprised that this sub will be running behind too. Disappointed, yes, but not really surprised. I don't know what happened with Matty's manufacturer that has led to all of these delays since Demo-Man/BGEL. As if it wasn't hard enough to keep track of what figure is coming out.

And, as I feel must be pointed out again, anyone who ordered the DC sub in the same purchase as MOTU subs was guaranteed that they would all ship together from the VERY FIRST MONTH; the delay until the first renewal was only for people who ordered the subs separately. Has TG ever given an answer as to why Mattel has outright violated this part of the contract (something they stated in writing more than once on the Matty site itself) sub holders made with them?
    I think the frustrating thing about this - for me at least - is that shipping subs together seems like such an obvious thing to do. Regardless of when they were ordered last year. I'm sure it's DR's fault ultimately, but it's just annoying that they assumed it'd be cool to force people to pay separate shipping for a MOTUC sub and a MOTUC 30th sub and a DC sub. "Sure, they're all coming from the same place and being delivered to the same place. But why would we put them in the same box? We thought you'd enjoy paying for shipping three times!"

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    This is disappointing, but not entirely unexpected...I was actually discussing something like this happening earlier today.

It's offset for me by the fact that the next wave of Arkham City figures from DCD are due out next month, so at least I'll have those to look forward to.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Are they going to release that amazing Killer Croc finally?

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Are they going to release that amazing Killer Croc finally?
    Are you talking about the Arkham version? If so, yes - he and Mr. Freeze are due out as the first 'deluxe' wave in June at a frighteningly high price point - $45, I think. The next wave in April is Batman, Catwoman, Riddler, Mad Hatter and Hush.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    These delays are getting tiresome. Can't we just have one sub that is not riddled with delays?

First off, why is Black Mask coming out before Poison Ivy? PI should have been the fourth figure in the line, NOT at least 6!!! Secondly,

Secondly, when was Red Rocket announced? Did he not lose the vote for the sub figure? What was the point of voting for him if he was going to happen anyway?

Also, I saw the First Appearance Batman at Target yesterday, and the head is absolutely attrocious. I do not want the figure thanks to that god awful head. It looks even worse in person, and it is still too small to for that body.
    Last edited by Dr Kain; March 29, 2012 at 12:15am.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

So does this mean we wont recieve a charge on our cards till the first week of May?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post

First off, why is Black Mask coming out before Poison Ivy? PI should have been the fourth figure in the line, NOT at least 6!!! Secondly,

Secondly, when was Red Rocket announced? Did he not lose the vote for the sub figure? What was the point of voting for him if he was going to happen anyway?
    At NY Toy Fair, they said Poison Ivy wasn't finished yet...the 4H were going to be sculpting more vines for her, as I recall. So she'll come out some time in the fall, presumably September or October.

Rocket Red was also announced at NY Toy Fair as the first quarterly oversized figure.

With the other polls, there was never a rule that only the winner would be made, only that they would be made first. Starman, Catman and Toyman all lost polls and were eventually made - one would figure such characters as Vixen and Huntress are also likely, despite having lost their polls.

I REALLY want a vixen!!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

It depends on whcih version they do. I want this one over all others:

Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Chronically Groovy Mighty Puundragon's Avatar
    I had always felt like they would be doing Black Lantern Swamp Thing, Rocket Red, and Shaggy Man to round out the rest of the description and charge us more money. I figured they would not have offered them as options if the ideas for them were not in the works.

Also why are we only getting 9 figs total? The original listing said "there will be 9 monthly 6" figures and 3 "oversized" figures". Are they knocking this number down too?

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Puundragon View Post
    I had always felt like they would be doing Black Lantern Swamp Thing, Rocket Red, and Shaggy Man to round out the rest of the description and charge us more money. I figured they would not have offered them as options if the ideas for them were not in the works.

Also why are we only getting 9 figs total? The original listing said "there will be 9 monthly 6" figures and 3 "oversized" figures". Are they knocking this number down too?
    No - in the press release, they say that the overall number of figures will be the same, but one of the fall months will have two monthlies...the 'regularly-scheduled' one, and a second one. Similar to what's happening with MOTUC in September. We're getting Frosta, the "August" figure, so to speak, and another TBD September figure.

We know about Platinum and Ivy, so that leaves two unrevealed monthly figures and two unrevealed oversize figures for the year. And I wouldn't be surprised to see Larfleeze end up as one of the two monthlies, since he just got pulled from the All-Star line.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    We know about Platinum and Ivy, so that leaves two unrevealed monthly figures and two unrevealed oversize figures for the year. And I wouldn't be surprised to see Larfleeze end up as one of the two monthlies, since he just got pulled from the All-Star line.
    Yeah, if Larfleeze was added to the sub I wouldn't be surprised at all. I was actually kinda surprised he was initially planned for the All-Star line.

As far as the line-up goes, we got official word that Doomsday will NOT be one of the 3 larger figures. Not sure if there have been any other announcements or rumors recently.

I'm just surprised they haven't announced Elastigirl (Giganta re-tool) as one of the oversized figures to fill another slot in the Doom Patrol camp. She always seemed to have been one of, if not THE, most requested oversized, behind Doomsday...
    This space for rent, apparently.....

For anyone without a sub, just wanted to pass along that the DC figures just went up on BBTS, Metron included.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

For anyone without a sub, just wanted to pass along that the DC figures just went up on BBTS, Metron included.
    Looks like Metron already sold out!
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Wait, isn't Platinum and Tin a large sized figure?

BTW, how much you want to bet they double up figures the same month Granamyr comes out?

Also, if BL Swamp Thing is the other figure, I'm not getting another DCU sub.

BTW, I'm looking at those new Marvel Legends figures and I honestly cannot figure out why anyone would want them. They don't even look like the characters from the comics. Spider is black and white. Captain America has black pants. The packaging says and shows Wolverine, but he has no mask and mohawk. Then there is a lady that is supposed to have a gold mask on, but I see no mask. How can anyone think these are any good? And a build a figure Modok that looks like he is inside Lex Luthor armor? These figures are dreadful.
    Last edited by Dr Kain; March 29, 2012 at 08:32pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

It depends on whcih version they do. I want this one over all others:

http://www.theotherverse.net/wp-cont...0/06/vixen.jpg
    yes please
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Looks like Metron already sold out!
    Argh! I just checked BBTS on a whim and saw this. Their price was decent too compared to other places that are charging over a $100. It really stinks as I'd love a Metron, but I'm not bending over backwards for him.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Argh! I just checked BBTS on a whim and saw this. Their price was decent too compared to other places that are charging over a $100. It really stinks as I'd love a Metron, but I'm not bending over backwards for him.
    Yeah I felt the same way, if they had him in stock I probably would have preordered just because the price was good.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Wait, isn't Platinum and Tin a large sized figure?
    I assumed it was a regular figure, but the fact that she is the only figure shown at Toy Fair not up for pre-sale at BBTS might mean there is some question about her status (and thus price, explaining BBTS not putting her up yet).

BTW, I'm looking at those new Marvel Legends figures and I honestly cannot figure out why anyone would want them. They don't even look like the characters from the comics. Spider is black and white. Captain America has black pants. The packaging says and shows Wolverine, but he has no mask and mohawk. Then there is a lady that is supposed to have a gold mask on, but I see no mask. How can anyone think these are any good? And a build a figure Modok that looks like he is inside Lex Luthor armor? These figures are dreadful.
    Actually, as far as I know, they look exactly like the characters in the comics, though not the classics versions I think you're referring to. THat's Bucky as Cap, from the "Cap is dead" story. Spidey's white costume is apparently from the Future Foundation storyline that grew out of the Human Torch's death storyline, and the green "Big Time" version is from a specific Spidey story arc. The Wolverine figure is marked as Dark Wolverine on the package, if I recall, which isn't Logan. As for the Marvel Madames, the figure without the mask is Lady Viper, not Madame Masque, and pictures of BOTH of the characters are shown very clearly right on the front of the package, so I'm not sure where your confusion is coming from there. And, even though I'm not a big Marvel fan in general, even I've seen that version of Zola before (I believe he was designed by Kirby back in the 70's); I think he was even shown that way in one of the recent cartoon series.

If you want to fault them on the skinny legs on the female buck used so much lately, or the fact that some of the old Toy biz bodies aren't aging well, I can see your point. But the figures are accurate to the source material, so they do look like the characters in the comics.

I don't even know what to say, other than those are the exact looks from the comics of characters you have zero familiarity with apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    I don't even know what to say, other than those are the exact looks from the comics of characters you have zero familiarity with apparently.
    Don't be hard on the Dr, Marvel characters were switching costumes and personalities so often in the last 3 years that is quite hard to keep track on their recognition Although, they get their figures
    How long was Spidey using that b&w costume? 3 weeks? Ok, he got a figure. Man, I don't even have a clue who's Venom these days.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

The Black and white Spidey is Spider-Man in his Future Foundation costume.

"Big Time" Spider-Man kicked off on Nov. 10, 2010.

Bucky started wearing the Captain America uniform with black pants in March of 2008 when Cap was killed after Civil War.

Wolverine's son, Daken, started masquerading as Wolverine as part of Norman Osborn's Dark Avengers back in January of 2009. He has a mohawk and only 2 claws per hand. There are both a masked and unmasked versions of this figure.

The Madame Masque figure does have a mask on. She and Madame Viper share the same packaging. They're both pictured on the front and back of the card. Same goes for the two members of the Wrecking Crew that share the same card.

Arnim Zola is a Captain America villain that debuted in April of 1977.

Hope that helps!

You do know DC just rebooted their entire universe and looks recently right? Not to mention Blackest Night where everyone changed costumes as different lanterns that also got figures in wave 17. Flash currently has a figure in grey and white. How long were they deputy lanterns to justify a figure?