Page 156 of 210 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206 ... LastLast
Results 3,876 to 3,900 of 5231

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

Just saw this over on ComicsAlliance via Toy News International...
    DC Direct's New 52 'Justice League' Flash and Parademon Action Figures Coming in August

Interesting looking Parademon...

Last edited by ksensor; April 10, 2012 at 03:18pm.

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Wow cant wait for Red Robin, Ive been catching up on the tim drake stories and I really like the costume (Is there any difference between the Tim Drake costume and the original one from Kingdom Come?)

JAG2045
    yep, Tim Drake (as the current red robin) sports a robin mask, not a cowl, wings not a cape etc, unless you meant the pre new 52 red robin but I like the new 52 one

teen-titans-1.jpg
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Pics of Jay Garrick up. He looks great, although very tall.

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Young Justice line officially cancelled, not just in retail.
    Where was this stated? I love the toon so hopefully that doesn't mean bad things for the toon. I'm not too sad about the toy line as the small figures were posed wierd but they did give us a hall of justice build a playset.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Great, I just realized that if I want any New 52 figures, I have to buy DCD's lackluster way late figures.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    Where was this stated? I love the toon so hopefully that doesn't mean bad things for the toon. I'm not too sad about the toy line as the small figures were posed wierd but they did give us a hall of justice build a playset.
    From TNI today. I don't think this effects the cartoon. Retailers are no longer supporting DC toys.

Mattel has let it slip through their Mattycollector message boards last week that they have canceled their 4" & 6" Young Justice lines due to lack of demand. This would seem to be yet another casualty in Mattel's DC Comics based toy lines.
    Last edited by SCB; April 10, 2012 at 11:19pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Wait, so they make Atrocitus short and Jay tall.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    The sub is being sold once more on the 15th may PT 9am
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

From TNI today. I don't think this effects the cartoon. Retailers are no longer supporting DC toys.
    It's MAttel IMO, they have a very bad relationship with retailers regarding boy lines from what I've heard, but they are launching a new Batman line aimed at kids, probably the 'beware the batman' toys, so there will be DC toys in stores, just not obscure or comic based ones.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Pics of Jay Garrick up. He looks great, although very tall.

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/
    I do like the shiny helmet!

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    I do like the shiny helmet!
    Let's just hope it doesn't flake.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    The sub is being sold once more on the 15th may PT 9am
    How is that possible? They need 7 months to be able to produce enough figures to cover everyones' subs.
    Last edited by Dr Kain; April 11, 2012 at 10:34am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post

How is that possible? They need 7 months to be able to produce enough figures to cover everyones' subs.
    I think that might be a miscommunication - I think what was meant originally by Mattel is that Jay will be sold on 5/15 on the site...not that you could start subscribing at that point. It's a Day-of-Sale thing.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Okay, that makes more sense.

BTW, check this news out:

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=10&itemid=18543

What I want to know is, how is that Emperor Aquaman?
    Last edited by Dr Kain; April 11, 2012 at 12:15pm.

Great, I just realized that if I want any New 52 figures, I have to buy DCD's lackluster way late figures.
    What does this even mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    I think that might be a miscommunication - I think what was meant originally by Mattel is that Jay will be sold on 5/15 on the site...not that you could start subscribing at that point. It's a Day-of-Sale thing.

Yep, I totally read it wrong. I thought they were selling more subs. D'oh!
    Last edited by Shadow-Ra; April 11, 2012 at 01:24pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What does this even mean?
    Well since Mattel is completely putting the axe on DCU-type figures, I have to go to DC Di... uh... Collectibles to get any figures I want of the New 52 characters outside of Superman and Batman. Problem is, DC... Collectibles' figures don't usually have even half the articulation Mattel's had, and their joints are so fragile that they feel like they are going to break. Plus, they are more expensive, they usually do not come with accessories. As for the late part. Figures from the New 52 should have been out no later than Feb, but the first figure is not until June, and Superman is not even coming out until January. How can you keep your "main attraction" on hold for 16 months after his debut? That is stupid. ANd of course, since I want Resurrection Man, Voodoo, Grifter, Helspont, I am going to have to wait even longer than that. By the time DC gets to them, the New 52 universe will be reverted back to the original universe.

Yeah, he is right, they do say on their facebook page teh sub will be available. I just gave them a nice response:

How can you reoffer the sub? You said it takes 7 months to make sure you have enough product to cover the sub and then some day of sale product. Now you are saying people can just buy the sub the day the first figure of the sub goes on sale? How is that possible? Or have you been lying to us all of this time? It isn't bad enough you decide to cancel the DCU line on us, especially after showing us Larfleeze, then say there will be no new molds in the DC sub line, so no Doomsday, Killer Croc, or Granny Goodness, and finally make Jay tall and Atrocitus short, but now you have suddenly found a way to sell the sub again? What kind of ******** is this? Why not just offer the sub all year round then and let those who want to jump on the bandwagon at any given time for all of your lines?
    Last edited by Dr Kain; April 11, 2012 at 01:03pm.

I get what you guys are saying, but I still think it's a miscommunication, due to Mattel's badly-worded statement.
    The first shipment goes out in May and features an all-new 6” Golden Age The Flash figure. If you missed out on this awesome subscription, a limited quantity will also be available at MattyCollector.com on May 15th at 9am PT.

I think what that means is that if you missed out on automatically getting Flash because you didn't subscribe, then a limited quantity of Flash will be on sale on 5/15. I just think the way it's worded is awkward. They should have used the words "awesome figure" instead of "awesome subscription."

That said, if it does turn out that they start selling subs again, people will go bananas.

Well since Mattel is completely putting the axe on DCU-type figures, I have to go to DC Di... uh... Collectibles to get any figures I want of the New 52 characters outside of Superman and Batman. Problem is, DC... Collectibles' figures don't usually have even half the articulation Mattel's had, and their joints are so fragile that they feel like they are going to break. Plus, they are more expensive, they usually do not come with accessories. As for the late part. Figures from the New 52 should have been out no later than Feb, but the first figure is not until June, and Superman is not even coming out until January. How can you keep your "main attraction" on hold for 16 months after his debut? That is stupid. ANd of course, since I want Resurrection Man, Voodoo, Grifter, Helspont, I am going to have to wait even longer than that. By the time DC gets to them, the New 52 universe will be reverted back to the original universe.

Yeah, he is right, they do say on their facebook page teh sub will be available. I just gave them a nice response:

How can you reoffer the sub? You said it takes 7 months to make sure you have enough product to cover the sub and then some day of sale product. Now you are saying people can just buy the sub the day the first figure of the sub goes on sale? How is that possible? Or have you been lying to us all of this time? It isn't bad enough you decide to cancel the DCU line on us, especially after showing us Larfleeze, then say there will be no new molds in the DC sub line, so no Doomsday, Killer Croc, or Granny Goodness, and finally make Jay tall and Atrocitus short, but now you have suddenly found a way to sell the sub again? What kind of ******** is this? Why not just offer the sub all year round then and let those who want to jump on the bandwagon at any given time for all of your lines?
    I'm now wondering though if they just mean extra figs are available like they do with motuc day of sale?

I think it's obvious that they meant you can buy Jay without the sub.

Well they can reoffer the DCUC sub because its sub sales stunk so I think they are just taking from day of stock.

The doors won't be blown down for DCUC so they are simply trying to lock more people in instead of hoping the remainder is sold day of
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    I get what you guys are saying, but I still think it's a miscommunication, due to Mattel's badly-worded statement.
    The first shipment goes out in May and features an all-new 6” Golden Age The Flash figure. If you missed out on this awesome subscription, a limited quantity will also be available at MattyCollector.com on May 15th at 9am PT.
    Mattel not only miserably failed their business classes, they apparently flunked English grammar, as well. As written, it does indeed say the "subscription" will be available, as the "limited quantity" has no other noun in the introductory phrase to refer to. But the context (and the fact that we know Jay will be up for day of sale) makes it clear they were talking about the figure, not the sub, being for sale.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Having dealt with patch notes from many video games, many big companies seem to not have people who specifically handle stuff like this. They let readers correct their mistakes or ask questions and they will come back and say 'yes, this is what we meant.' Businesses no longer have rooms full of secretaries to proof read everything, they typically have only a handful now since computers do most of the work.

And PR tends to be more about putting spins on what is said. With WoW they would slowly transfer you from 10million subscriptions to 10 millions players. When anyone who plays the game will tell you that is a loose correlation at best. Especially when you find out in places like China they only have one character per subscription (cheaper per though) and frequently have multiple accounts. Even in the US it's not uncommon for someone to have two or three. That just as an example of PR isn't going to be the best place to find 'the good English' either.
    Last edited by wyldman11; April 11, 2012 at 03:41pm.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

DC Club Infinite Earth day of sales

How quickly do these get sold out in?

Minutes?
    Hours?
    Days?

Should I pre order them from another website to guarantee me these figures and pay a bit more or do you think I'll be safe getting them off Matty?

How quickly do these get sold out in?

Minutes?
    Hours?
    Days?

Should I pre order them from another website to guarantee me these figures and pay a bit more or do you think I'll be safe getting them off Matty?
    Most items from Matty that are not MOTUC tend to stick around for hours or days. I do not recall a DC item ever selling out in minutes

As long as you plan on being on Matty within 1-2hr of the sale starting you should be fine. If for some reason you miss out Big Bad Toy Store usually has all the Matty figures for ~$5 more because of their subscriptions they buy
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    whens the 1st figure due?
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

The first figure in the DC Sub comes out next month, May 15th, and will be Flash (Jay Garrick.)

I'm going to merge this with the existing DC Classics thread.