Page 157 of 207 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,925 of 5168

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

fyi - i saw 6" white suit superboy and sportsmaster young just figs at target tonight. $20.99 each (same boxes as the robin and aquaman figs...they had more of those too)

So if the right Red Lantern boots were already sculpted and used on previous Red Lantern figures, why in heck did they have do cheap-out paint-only boots on Atrocitus? Swoosh pictures with him next to the previously released RL figures is are so embarrassing! Is it because it required slightly more plastic? I can't believe how awful that is.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    So if the right Red Lantern boots were already sculpted and used on previous Red Lantern figures, why in heck did they have do cheap-out paint-only boots on Atrocitus? Swoosh pictures with him next to the previously released RL figures is are so embarrassing! Is it because it required slightly more plastic? I can't believe how awful that is.
    They used the Public Enemies lower leg to add height, many fans were mad about Atrocitus's size.

Just checked out that fwoosh post to see the comparison. Looks pretty ok to me, but I'm not a big GL fan, so take that for what it's worth

Just hoping that DC can pull out of their sudden tailspin with their action figure lines...

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    They used the Public Enemies lower leg to add height, many fans were mad about Atrocitus's size.
    Except the PE legs are the same size.

And it isn't like they even really did anything about his size. His body should be as massive as either Parasite or Etrigan.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Except the PE legs are the same size.

And it isn't like they even really did anything about his size. His body should be as massive as either Parasite or Etrigan.
    I believe the PE lower legs pin is larger than a traditional DCUC figures. Since they decided to use the PE buck and Upper Legs they really had no choice but to use the lower legs as well.
    I agree with you about his size but lets face it, during the Lantern War and Blackest Night his size changed from artist to artist. He looks too be 10' in the original promo shots with his Corps, but during some of Blackest Night he was eye to eye with Supes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Contact View Post
    I agree with you about his size but lets face it, during the Lantern War and Blackest Night his size changed from artist to artist. He looks too be 10' in the original promo shots with his Corps, but during some of Blackest Night he was eye to eye with Supes.
    Yeah, but Lois had an ever changing wardrobe in Flashpoint. At the end of one issue, she would have an Amazonian dress on. The next issue would continue where it left off and she had a black shirt with a black jacket. Then she had a black button up shirt with no jacket when she made her broadcast to the world. Then when Superman saved her in Project Superman, she had a different outfit on.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Thought I'd drop a few videos here for you guys.

I think both figures are decent, for the most part. They'll definitely be good for filling holes in collections.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Thought I'd drop a few videos here for you guys.

I think both figures are decent, for the most part. They'll definitely be good for filling holes in collections.

Thanks for the reviews.

I have DC subs.

The red on Atrocitus's costume looks dull to me.

I was surprised to see collar was so movable.

I don't know if DC will have a retail line or not but now that marvel legends is around (back) I don't see how DC can not have a retail line.

Went to my LSC today and found a 1st app Batman! I really like the original costume (I previously bought the DC Direct First App figure to) and this figure is really nice, the molded cape restricts the movement a bit however I really liked it and am glad to have him in my collection

JAG2045
    My feedback
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=108414
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=jag2045
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=117706

Great traders: Blue-jackal/Fneh(2)/Daz/Royalt1us/Evil-Orko/Buythepower/Booster/Adora/Zodac101/tokyonever/lemure77(2)/Vess(2)/Scorpia/Buzzsaw Hordak/miscus555/tmc1984/General Hawk 7

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Went to my LSC today and found a 1st app Batman! I really like the original costume (I previously bought the DC Direct First App figure to) and this figure is really nice, the molded cape restricts the movement a bit however I really liked it and am glad to have him in my collection

JAG2045
    Keep meaning to pick him & Catwoman up...
    This space for rent, apparently.....

I found that Batman two days ago, and I picked him up, but only because he is the first appearance costume. The figure itself is crap. That came is awful and the head is way too small.

BTW, what is up with there being no DCU SDCC figure? WOuld it have been that hard to at least make Larfleeze?

Dont forget if possible grab an Extra Vigilante to give First Appearance bat his pistol!

So I think I am going to return the 1st Appearance Batman because I just noticed on the receipt that Target charged $19.59 for him.

So I think I am going to return the 1st Appearance Batman because I just noticed on the receipt that Target charged $19.59 for him.
    Oh wow, that is a tad high unless Mattel did some price change that I missed
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

They are indeed that expensive now. I almost got Catwoman the other day until I saw that price!

Yep, I returned him and when I looked at the price tag on the shelves, they were all $19.59 for the Legacy figures. I am so glad I got Catwoman off Amazon for $15 when they had her.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Yikes - that's a pretty steep increase. If Mattel relaunches the line at retail next year at that price, it'll last all of one wave. Unless, of course, the figures are plated with gold.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Wow that reeks of what they did with JLU where one week the 3 packs were $15.99 and the next week they were $24.99 with single figures being $9.99 instead of $6.99

I was wondering why DCUC was sitting in abundance (normally its picked clean), but if the figures went up almost $5 that is just ridiculous for retail
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Did I miss something? Weren't the figures in the sub supposed to be $15?

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Did I miss something? Weren't the figures in the sub supposed to be $15?
    I'm pretty sure the DC sub figures are $15 still, if you bought a sub. Day-of DC stuff is $18. It's like how MOTUC sub figures are $20, but day-of figures are $22.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I'm pretty sure the DC sub figures are $15 still, if you bought a sub. Day-of DC stuff is $18. It's like how MOTUC sub figures are $20, but day-of figures are $22.
    Yep, once you sign up for a subscription, the price is locked in. Mattel can't change the price once you've agreed to the subscription - that's against the law. Retailers can charge whatever they want though.

I noticed this week a lot of the Legacy and Wave 16-19 DCUC are starting clearance at Target

Guess the $19 price hike was a last ditch attempt for Target before the line ended

lol Maybe my Target still has that Batman.

BTW, my Harley and Nightwing figures seem to be really sticky on their arms and legs and I am not sure how. This is a family friendly forum sicko!! What is the best way to get them unsticky? I tried washing them under hot water, but it did not seem to help.

Quote Originally Posted by ksensor View Post
    Yep, once you sign up for a subscription, the price is locked in. Mattel can't change the price once you've agreed to the subscription - that's against the law. Retailers can charge whatever they want though.
    You're right, it does say the sub is $15. However, holy crap, The day of sale oversized figures are going to be $45? That is outrageous. I can tell you that it is a good thing I have the sub, because Platinum and Tin and Red Rocket are NOT $45 figures!!!! Unless I am mistaken and Red Rocket towers on Chemo's size.
    Last edited by Dr Kain; May 11, 2012 at 02:40pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

However, holy crap, The day of sale oversized figures are going to be $45? That is outrageous.
    That is exactly why I got a sub. I was afraid Mattel would announce a Killer Croc, Doomsday or some other awesome oversized figure, and I'd never be able to afford it on the secondary market. Plus, I wanted a Metron, and I figured there'd be no way he'd be any cheaper than the oversized figures.