Page 16 of 207 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast
Results 376 to 400 of 5168

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

  1. #376
    Spoony Bard davidlogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    4,740
    So, which Aquaman is the rare one? Long hair, or classic?
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

    Print version, also available!

  2. #377
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    2,254
    Equal packouts at the moment.

    50/50.

    the case breakdown (Currently) is thus:

    Aquaman (Either Classic or Modern)
    Superman Red
    Superman Blue
    Firestorm (Ronnie Raymond)
    Black Manta
    Harley Quinn

  3. #378
    Long Live MOTU!! Sean79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Newburg, Maryland
    Posts
    882
    I found wave 2 about a week ago, at Target in Lexington Park here in Maryland. They had all 6 figures on the pegs. The Aquaman was the classic version.

    I have not read this whole thread yet, but has anyone ever found or seen the chase Red Tornado from the first wave?

    Sean79

  4. #379
    Almighty Dictator Skullface's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,344
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean79 View Post
    I have not read this whole thread yet, but has anyone ever found or seen the chase Red Tornado from the first wave?

    Sean79
    It does not exist. There are no chase figures from Wave 1. Mattel canceled them because they were running behind and wanted to get Wave 2 out on time.....
    This space for rent, apparently.....

  5. #380
    Long Live MOTU!! Sean79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Newburg, Maryland
    Posts
    882
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    It does not exist. There are no chase figures from Wave 1. Mattel canceled them because they were running behind and wanted to get Wave 2 out on time.....

    Thanks Skullface. Funny thing is Toyfair Magazine had the chase Red Tornado as #1 on there Top 10 figures not to long ago.

    Sean79

  6. #381
    The Master of Insanity CJ Clifford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    3,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean79 View Post
    Thanks Skullface. Funny thing is Toyfair Magazine had the chase Red Tornado as #1 on there Top 10 figures not to long ago.
    What the difference between the regular and the "non-existant chase" Red Tornado? Because if the chase version is the one with the yellow gloves, I can go pick one up right now.

  7. #382
    Long Live MOTU!! Sean79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Newburg, Maryland
    Posts
    882
    Quote Originally Posted by cjclifford View Post
    What the difference between the regular and the "non-existant chase" Red Tornado? Because if the chase version is the one with the yellow gloves, I can go pick one up right now.
    Red Tornado has the yellow gloves which is called the classic variant by Toyfare. Which is the one everyone has.
    Toyfare magazine issue 129 May 2008 has a section called The Hot Zone and shows both Red Tornado and Red Tornado (Classic Variant). Red Tornado has red hands, no gloves and no cuffs on his boots and his yellow lines on his body are on his sides of his arms and legs, instead of on the front. The classic variant has the yellow gloves and the cuffs on his boots.

    Sean79

  8. #383
    Almighty Dictator Skullface's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,344
    Don't forget to hit the net tomorrow - Mattel is having a "DC Universe" panel from 11am-noon Eastern at the NYCC. It ends 2 hours before the MOTU panel, so there'll be plenty of time to absorb all the DC news and then keep refreshing during the MOTU panel!!!!!

    I'm looking forward to more Classics waves lineups announced, and more info on the Infinite Heroes line. And I want more concrete info as to if/when wave 2 of the Super Friends line will ever come out......
    This space for rent, apparently.....

  9. #384
    Heroic Social Worker Fisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    5,123
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Don't forget to hit the net tomorrow - Mattel is having a "DC Universe" panel from 11am-noon Eastern at the NYCC. It ends 2 hours before the MOTU panel, so there'll be plenty of time to absorb all the DC news and then keep refreshing during the MOTU panel!!!!!

    I'm looking forward to more Classics waves lineups announced, and more info on the Infinite Heroes line. And I want more concrete info as to if/when wave 2 of the Super Friends line will ever come out......
    Thank you Skullface! I can not wait for all this news regarding my favorite properties/ lines. I really think Mattel will be giving us some great things across their various DC lines and who knows, exactly what they have in store for "MotU"! Great times for us fans.

    Take Care,
    Darren
    Mattel please, buy the He-Man and She-Ra cartoons from Entertainment Rights. If you owned Both Filmation related "MotU" cartoons, plus "NA" and "MYP" cartoons, you would be able to distribute any or all 4 cartoons to Television in the lead up to another relaunch or a live action movie. Plus, you could include Filmation and "NA" animated characters in "MotU:C"!

    Long Live 'MOTU'!

  10. #385
    Almighty Dictator Skullface's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,344
    This space for rent, apparently.....

  11. #386
    Heroic Social Worker Fisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    5,123
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post

    Thank you Skullface. These figures look amazing. I can not wait to see more.

    Take Care,
    Darren
    Mattel please, buy the He-Man and She-Ra cartoons from Entertainment Rights. If you owned Both Filmation related "MotU" cartoons, plus "NA" and "MYP" cartoons, you would be able to distribute any or all 4 cartoons to Television in the lead up to another relaunch or a live action movie. Plus, you could include Filmation and "NA" animated characters in "MotU:C"!

    Long Live 'MOTU'!

  12. #387
    Almighty Dictator Skullface's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,344
    Updates here:

    http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=241&itemid=12829

    DC Universe Classics:
    -Brown Man-Bat in 2009
    -Wave 4 - Wonder Woman, Cyborg, Batman Beyond, Captain Atom, & Ares. BAF is Despero, Variants are Gold Captain Atom & Artemis (WW, I assume)
    -Wal-Mart exclusive wave: Amazo, Atom, Riddler, Eradicator, & Black Lightning. BAF is Metallo.
    -Wave 6 so far - Hawkman, black suit Superman, & Mr. Miracle.
    -TRU exclusive 2-packs in August - Batgirl/Azrael & Lightray/Orion(w/removeable helmet)
    -2008 SDCC Exclusive - Lobo with his dog!!!!

    Infinite Heroes:
    -54 figures in 2008 as singles w/chases, 3-packs & 6-packs
    -Wave 1 singles - Adam strange, Black Adam, Black Hand, Guy Gardner, Zoom, Atom (modern version) and Shazam.
    -Wave 1 3-packs - Commissioner Gordon and 2 SWAT agents; Flash/Mirror Master/Weather Wizard.

    JLU:
    -Target exclusive going forward. Will continue to be singles, 3-packs & 6-packs. 16 new figures this year, along w/repacks & /repaints.
    -Wave 1 singles - Batman, Superman, Kilowag, Star Girl and Hawkman.
    -Wave 1 3-packs - Superman/Huntress/Galacta; Green Lantern/Supergirl/Captain Atom.
    -Wave 1 6-pack - rerelease of the Grodd pack with all new, show accurate paint decos. The set includes Flash, Red Hood, Grodd, Batman, Superman and Lex Luthor.
    -Wave 2 6-pack - Atomic Skull, Silver Banshee, KGBeast, The Key, Shadow Thief and Batman.
    -2008 SDCC Exclusive - Giganta with regular sized figure and 2-Up size.

    Super Friends:
    -All they said is that Hawkman/Cyborg will be out in June. No updates on Robin or The Joker......

    Here are some new pics!

    http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mo...ze=600&start=0
    Last edited by Skullface; April 19, 2008 at 02:32pm.
    This space for rent, apparently.....

  13. #388
    Heroic Social Worker Fisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    5,123
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Updates here:

    http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=241&itemid=12829

    DC Universe Classics:
    -Brown Man-Bat in 2009
    -Wave 4 - Wonder Woman, Cyborg, Batman Beyond, Captain Atom, & Ares. BAF is Despero, Variants are Gold Captain Atom & Artemis (WW, I assume)
    -Wal-Mart exclusive wave: Amazo, Atom, Riddler, Eradicator, & Black Lightning. BAF is Metallo.
    -Wave 6 so far - Hawkman, black suit Superman, & Mr. Miracle.
    -TRU exclusive 2-packs in August - Batgirl/Azrael & Lightray/Orion(w/removeable helmet)
    -2008 SDCC Exclusive - Lobo with his dog!!!!

    Infinite Heroes:
    -54 figures in 2008 as singles w/chases, 3-packs & 6-packs
    -Wave 1 singles - Adam strange, Black Adam, Black Hand, Guy Gardner, Zoom, Atom (modern version) and Shazam.
    -Wave 1 3-packs - Commissioner Gordon and 2 SWAT agents; Flash/Mirror Master/Weather Wizard.

    JLU:
    -Target exclusive going forward. Will continue to be singles, 3-packs & 6-packs. 16 new figures this year, along w/repacks & /repaints.
    -Wave 1 singles - Batman, Superman, Kilowag, Star Girl and Hawkman.
    -Wave 1 3-packs - Superman/Huntress/Galacta; Green Lantern/Supergirl/Captain Atom.
    -Wave 1 6-pack - rerelease of the Grodd pack with all new, show accurate paint decos. The set includes Flash, Red Hood, Grodd, Batman, Superman and Lex Luthor.
    -Wave 2 6-pack - Atomic Skull, Silver Banshee, KGBeast, The Key, Shadow Thief and Batman.
    -2008 SDCC Exclusive - Giganta with regular sized figure and 2-Up size.

    Super Friends:
    -All they said is that Hawkman/Cyborg will be out in June. No updates on Robin or The Joker......

    Here are some new pics!

    http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mo...ze=600&start=0

    I am very impressed with the pictures and information Mattel released regarding their many DC lines, out of all all of these I am defenetely on board for "DC Universe Classics", "Justice League Unlimited" and "Infinite Heroes", I am also a certainty for "The Dark Knight", and "MotU Classics. I may also collect the "Super Friends" line depending. But Mattel have really delivered at this con in more ways then one on all of their "DC" lines as well as "MotU", imo.


    Take Care,
    Darren
    Mattel please, buy the He-Man and She-Ra cartoons from Entertainment Rights. If you owned Both Filmation related "MotU" cartoons, plus "NA" and "MYP" cartoons, you would be able to distribute any or all 4 cartoons to Television in the lead up to another relaunch or a live action movie. Plus, you could include Filmation and "NA" animated characters in "MotU:C"!

    Long Live 'MOTU'!

  14. #389
    Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Painesville, Ohio
    Posts
    14,687
    Mattel is hitting more home runs then babe ruth (or somebody else who hit a lot of those things, I don't know jack about baseball!) MY jaw is still on the floor after today news Not a single characters I don't want! (well, I could do without Batman beyond, but if they got to stick that guy in every few waves that is the way to do it!)



    So we have Cyborg, Steel and now Eradicator...I hope that stupid lawsuit doesn’t prevent us from getting a DCUC Conner Kent!
    "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

  15. #390
    Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    4,756
    DCUC just keeps getting better, I love the Batman Beyond - so stylish! Can't wait to get Wonder Woman and Wonder Woman Teela too. JLI is also great, Giganta looks great!

  16. #391
    Almighty Dictator Skullface's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,344
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    So we have Cyborg, Steel and now Eradicator...I hope that stupid lawsuit doesn’t prevent us from getting a DCUC Conner Kent!
    I hope they re-issue Cyborg in this line somewhere, cuz I know a lot of people, including myself, never got the original DCSH one.....
    This space for rent, apparently.....

  17. #392
    Heroic Warrior Zodac101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,690
    I'm with you Skullface. I so need that Cyborg Sups. Now we need a Superboy and the whole crew will be out.
    " I have the POWER!!!!!"
    Need:


    Batman with the Batsignal from 4H line

    Sucessful transactions with: Royalt1us, Jag2045, Zodach, WENDIGO, Burtdawg, Illicitjedi, KingHiss

  18. #393
    Oracle of Fabulousity Kevenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Lakewood, OH
    Posts
    7,130
    I don't know. I can't get too excited over this. I've still never seen a trace of DCUC Wave II in my area. I can't find any of their product. Now JLU Giganta is going to be a San Diego exclusive? That sucks. Artemis as Wonder Woman is another figure I want, but I can't hold out much hope of ever finding it.

    It's like holding out something you want in front of you and then snatching it away. Same with the King Grayskull situation. It's disappointing when entirely new characters are offered as exclusives.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

    "Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

    - Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

  19. #394
    Heroic Social Worker Fisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    5,123
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    I don't know. I can't get too excited over this. I've still never seen a trace of DCUC Wave II in my area. I can't find any of their product. Now JLU Giganta is going to be a San Diego exclusive? That sucks. Artemis as Wonder Woman is another figure I want, but I can't hold out much hope of ever finding it.

    It's like holding out something you want in front of you and then snatching it away. Same with the King Grayskull situation. It's disappointing when entirely new characters are offered as exclusives.
    Hey Kevenn,

    I know what you mean. Mattel Australia has not released either waves one or 2 of "DCUC", and we only got part of "DCSH", 4H Batman, and "JLU". I have to go to Ebay, which is so different to good old days when I use to be able to get all of the figures from local stores. I wish the distribution issues could be ironed out so, all of us could pick up the figures we want in our local stores.

    Take Care,
    Darren
    Mattel please, buy the He-Man and She-Ra cartoons from Entertainment Rights. If you owned Both Filmation related "MotU" cartoons, plus "NA" and "MYP" cartoons, you would be able to distribute any or all 4 cartoons to Television in the lead up to another relaunch or a live action movie. Plus, you could include Filmation and "NA" animated characters in "MotU:C"!

    Long Live 'MOTU'!

  20. #395
    Eternian Sorcerer zodak74's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Point Dread
    Posts
    11,799
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    I don't know. I can't get too excited over this. I've still never seen a trace of DCUC Wave II in my area. I can't find any of their product. Now JLU Giganta is going to be a San Diego exclusive? That sucks. Artemis as Wonder Woman is another figure I want, but I can't hold out much hope of ever finding it.

    It's like holding out something you want in front of you and then snatching it away. Same with the King Grayskull situation. It's disappointing when entirely new characters are offered as exclusives.
    If it's any consolation, Wave II DCUC just showed up in my area (MA) the past few days too (though I did get mine through cornerstorecomics.com weeks ago- they're great!).

  21. #396
    Almighty Dictator Skullface's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,344
    Thanks to my buddy, I've got all of wave 2, including the variant Aquaman! Now I can sit back & wait for the variant Firestorm to start showing up.....
    This space for rent, apparently.....

  22. #397
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    2,254
    I can't wait to get the rest of wave 2 (I still need Superman Blue, Aquaman, Black Manta, and Harley)

    and REALLY looking forward to wave 3! (Sinestro, Robin, Nightwing, and Deathstroke especially, Jordan, not so much)

  23. #398
    Spoony Bard davidlogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    4,740
    I finally broke down and just ordered a case of wave 2 since I'm never going to find it.

    The bad thing is.....my fricking Harley Quinn came with a green face!?!!? Also, she has a black line down it too...like a wayward inkpen attacked her or something. It looks awful.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

    Print version, also available!

  24. #399
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    2,254
    I get the feeling that most of the early wave 2 stuff just got out early.

    I have a hunch that we're gonna see more soon (I believe I heard someone said late this month a new shipment was going out, this time it would be at TRU as well).

    so, here's hoping!

  25. #400
    Almighty Dictator Skullface's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,344
    Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    I finally broke down and just ordered a case of wave 2 since I'm never going to find it.

    The bad thing is.....my fricking Harley Quinn came with a green face!?!!? Also, she has a black line down it too...like a wayward inkpen attacked her or something. It looks awful.
    Wow - sorry to hear that. But on the other hand, you can always pass it off as a "Marvel Comics Secret Invasion Skrull Harley Quinn" figure.....

    This space for rent, apparently.....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •