Page 170 of 211 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180 ... LastLast
Results 4,226 to 4,250 of 5266

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

You can definitely see the seperation at the top of the thigh/hip that's definitely MOTUC considering the hinged-T hips that DCUC figures use.

The chest looks to have had the striations at the mid-pectoral "smoothed out" so it's proably a new upper torso. The gloves are similar to Hordak's but they probably sculpted the points at the back of the gloves versus using Hordak's gloves and glueing a seperate piece of spikes. The hands look a bit bigger IMO and the grip between the thumb and index finger makes his hands looked gloved versus black casted standard MOTUC hands. The crotch overlay is probably one piece like MOTUC's usually are with the belt attached to the loincloth. Definitely new boots even though they resemble the Skeletor boots at the top but they're missing the second line at the top and the addition of the folds at the ankle. I'm pretty sure those aren't the Keldor feet either.

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    MAT14831.jpg
    I had no idea that Mattel was doing a Dark Knight Returns Batman in the Batman Unlimited line (I guess this is part of Wave 2). He looks awesome! People are actually speculating that those are some MOTUC bits in there.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    I seriously doubt they are re-using any MOTU parts here, or that this figure is going to quite be in scale with He-Man. If anything, he'd be more likely to re-use parts from the upcoming Lead figure (which may be why we got Lead, because his body parts could be used for the Frank Miller Batman).

Still, this is probably more in scale than any other DC figure they've made.

Oh, and this is part of the two figure second assortment of Mattel's Batman Unlimited line (which, in true Mattel fashion, features two Batmen).
    Lead uses the C&C Darkseid body.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Yeah, I'm curious if they did use an MOTUC parts. I seem to recall that DC didn't want Mattel using parts from their other lines. Wasn't there a big issue with Mattel using the Zoar sculpt for Beast Boy and the Wonder Twins?
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Thanks for this! I just pre-ordered mine so he can set on my MOUTC shelves when I get him.
    From my youth and hometown when I was a kid...He-Matt and the Masters of the Kunaverse!

My feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=214152
    My customs thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=215292
    My B/S/T thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ings-For-Sale!

That is too cool! Now if they'll just do Superman...

DOPE!! just preordered. what a hideous face. jeez
    what is this line supposed to be?

im tryin to think what other dc's i'd buy in the motuc buck
    i really hate the dcuc hip joints they look terrible

holy cow, batman.. it's awesome!

the Zurr-En-Arrh Batman (with the new Bat-Mite) and the New 52 Wonder Woman look amazing too. can't wait to get them!

Muuuuuuuuuuuuch more importantly, what in the crap-hell is that other yellow and red Batman?!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Heroic Warrior
    Wow... That MOTUC-based Batman is ugly as hell ! And that horrible, constipated face !

I wouldn't buy this version.

And that scrawny batboy (Bat-Mite !?) looks utterly stupid !

The last Batman looks stupid because of the colours used, but the sculpt is good.

Actually, I wouldn't buy any of those figures... 3 more figures to throw in the bat-toilet !
    Last edited by Prahvus; August 10, 2012 at 07:19pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    Wow... That MOTUC-based Batman is ugly as hell ! And that horrible, constipated face !

The last Batman looks stupid because of the colours used, but the sculpt is good.

Actually, I wouldn't buy any of those figures... 3 more figures to throw in the bat-toilet !

I agree.....that looks awful. When I think of Batman, I don't think of a guy built like the Hulk or Thor.....and that's what that figure is portraying. The build is too thick for Batman. The face is horrendous. Take off the cowl and it really would look like the Hulk.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

That horrible constipated face on the MOTUC Batman is based on the art work for the Dark Knight Returns, a series originally published in 1986 written and drawn by some guy named Frank Miller.......Probably one of if not the greatest comic series ever published.
    Articulated-Comic-Book-Art Facebook group
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/186144664749556/ -
    He-Man.org feedback
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=208726

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    That horrible constipated face on the MOTUC Batman is based on the art work for the Dark Knight Returns, a series originally published in 1986 written and drawn by some guy named Frank Miller.......Probably one of if not the greatest comic series ever published.
    It changed Batman ever since. Plus the animated movie is coming to DVD/Blu-Ray soon.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    People don't understand that's how Frank Miller drew him in the comic...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior

OK. So, I guess the stories Frank Miller told through his comics were really awesome, but frankly, the style and the look (aesthetics) he gave to his characters are not my cup of tea at all. "Constipated face Batman" is not what I'd purchase, personally. It's just a matter of taste...

But thanks for the explanation : I learned something cool, today !

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    People don't understand that's how Frank Miller drew him in the comic...
    OK. So, I guess the stories Frank Miller told through his comics were really awesome, but frankly, the style and the look (aesthetics) he gave to his characters are not my cup of tea at all. "Constipated face Batman" is not what I'd purchase, personally. It's just a matter of taste...

You also have to understand that this Batman is 50+ years old and ten years into retirement. That is one of the reasons he is drawn so bulky. It's not that he's Hulk like, he's put on a few pounds. The statues that MGM posted portray the character much better than the Mattel figure.......
    Articulated-Comic-Book-Art Facebook group
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/186144664749556/ -
    He-Man.org feedback
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=208726

By the way, MasterEnglish already did this a year ago.

Merry Christmas! The All American's Avatar

I agree with you, this Batman looks odd. Sorry to any Frankamaniacs out there.

Now you can take Sir Laser-lot, take the chest jewel out, insert a "S" logo on the chest, change the head and hand for a human one (like Flipshot, with painted black hair), and you got a Superman...

DC in invading ETERNIA!!!

Frank Miller is overrated.
    "I SHALL WARN YOU BUT ONCE, EVIL ONE--SPEAK TO ME THE TRUTH 'ERE MY BATTLE AXE FINDS A PLACE TO REST 'TWIXT YOUR FOWL EYES!" -He-Man.

Maybe it's just nostalgia or a fondness for the story, but I personally LOVE the visual aesthetic of TDKR.
    It's sort of like the look of the early comic TMNT and those NECA figures. I understand that the look isn't for everyone, but if that was your cup of tea at the time, having a figure in that style now is seriously awesome!
    Also, I'm still not 100% sold on those parts being MOTUC. Maybe the shoulders, biceps and thighs, but it's pretty clear that all of the other bits are different.

If that's actually a MOTUC Batman, I'll have to buy it on general principle.

Batgirl looks nice too. Won't need her though, as I picked up these two beauties in recent times, in a rare non-MOTUC purchase.

Catra's new playmate. Good quality figure, very poseable.

The more I look at it, there are little sculpting derails on the boots and gloves, that differentiate them from MOTUC parts. The torso and crotch are clearly not MOTUC either. That leaves the shoulders, biceps and thighs. They might be the same, but who knows?
    I just love that he's in a chunkier, MOTU-esque style (which really does match TDKR).

HD figures on youtube
    Frank Miller is overrated.
    Agreed.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    So very funny.