Page 171 of 208 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,275 of 5176

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

Yeah..... it seems to be motuc "inspired" at least. Some of those pieces may superficially look like motuc pieces but there are differences that betray the fact that they're new. Having said that there's no doubt in my mind that these parts would be compatible with a motuc body so yey for customizers. I might get one.
    Always in the market for Painted Backgrounds from the Filmation MOTU + She-Ra Toons, Bravestar, Blackstarr.

It is a MOTUC body. There's obviously new parts like the shins and forearms.

This is cool!!!! I just wish his face looked better.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    By the way, MasterEnglish already did this a year ago.

http://nerdcityonline.com/wp-content...9628209779.jpg
    Thank you for posting that.... I was positive I saw that MOTUC Batman before here at the customs forum. They look almost identical!
    "From here to Eterni...a"

Geez, read the comic guys! You'll enjoy it.
    Subscribe now for MOTUC 2015! Every sub counts!

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    Muuuuuuuuuuuuch more importantly, what in the crap-hell is that other yellow and red Batman?!
    see the post above yours, for the answer.
    Does Galactus fart?

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    I'm beyond amazed at the number of people in this thread the haven't read The Dark Knight Returns...

"Ugly face..."
    "Too big..."

I pity your lack of great-comic reading!!

Next, I'm going to find out that nobody has ever read Watchmen...
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    I'm beyond amazed at the number of people in this thread the haven't read The Dark Knight Returns...

"Ugly face..."
    "Too big..."

What is a Watchman???

Alot of people don't read anymore that's sad...

Well, it is a MOTU forum, not a Batman site
    Last edited by Robzy; August 10, 2012 at 09:47pm.
    Now Showing
    Blade
    Coming Attractions
    Baby Skeletor (just kidding)

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    Wow... That MOTUC-based Batman is ugly as hell ! And that horrible, constipated face !

I wouldn't buy this version.

And that scrawny batboy (Bat-Mite !?) looks utterly stupid !

The last Batman looks stupid because of the colours used, but the sculpt is good.

Actually, I wouldn't buy any of those figures... 3 more figures to throw in the bat-toilet !
    Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    I agree.....that looks awful. When I think of Batman, I don't think of a guy built like the Hulk or Thor.....and that's what that figure is portraying. The build is too thick for Batman. The face is horrendous. Take off the cowl and it really would look like the Hulk.
    Have you guys even read the Dark Knight Returns? He may not have been that ripped but he was definitely that big. Batman was a big, hulking demon in the Dark Knight Returns. If they make a Superman from TDKR he'll probabbly also have the MOTUC body. I'd love an Ed McGuinness Superman with the MOTUC buck. Hell, all the characters are built like a vintage MOTU figures in McGuinness' Superman stories.

Big Country is right, maybe the most important Batman story in the last 30 years and we have people in a Batman thread who have never read it. Yet they feel compelled to let us know how little they know about Batman by dissing how he looks. Boggles the mind.

If you like Batman enough to see other interpretations of the character outside of the Nolan movies or The Animated Series then I would highly recommend you start with the Dark Knight Returns. Or, Year One. Or The Long Halloween/Dark Victory.

The oddly colored Batman next to Bat-Mite is the Batman of Planet X or Zur-En-Arrh who was an alright Batman. His Bruce Wayne was closer to Clark Kent which is interesting because on Planet X our Batman had the same powers of Superman. They had a whole Brave and the Bold episode dedicated to that story. This Batman for example had a villain that was almost identical to Lex Luthor and pined for a love interest very similar to Lois Lane. I never thought I'd see the day they made a figure of the Batman from Planet X.
    Last edited by Piccolo Daimaoh; August 10, 2012 at 09:51pm.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Widget
    ordered 2 for me TDKR is one of the best Batman/Superman stories.

Master English's Frank Miller Batman looks better than the Mattel one. That's a great face sculpt!

I love that comic! so unique and interesting, it really paved the way to how Batman would be envisioned from now on. This new action figure I'm not digging as much as the earlier one released by DC Direct a few years back. The one MGM posted.

That wacky colored Batman is using the old early 2000s Batman line's buck. I still have that Martial Arts Batman! LOL
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

Master English used the DC Direct head I believe.

Evil Apologist of Mattel® Count Marzo's Avatar
    Batman on MOTU 80s style steroids!! This is how the DC figures shouldve been in the 2 paks.
    -=¤EvilCøuntMarzø¤=-
    BLÅÇK FLØWËRŠ!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Batman on MOTU 80s style steroids!! This is how the DC figures shouldve been in the 2 paks.
    and that's how People would have bought them 2 packs... I know I would have...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    By the way, MasterEnglish already did this a year ago.

http://nerdcityonline.com/wp-content...9628209779.jpg
    Yes...I own that Lots more pics here: http://www.poeghostal.com/2012/05/pi...an-custom.html

Awesome custom! Yep, that is the DC Direct one. Love 'em or hate 'em DC could do a good face sculpt in that scale. They know their properties.

The Mattel 52 Wonder Woman looks like a buy. That new-old style costume is really growing on me.
    Until now.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post
    Have you guys even read the Dark Knight Returns? He may not have been that ripped but he was definitely that big. Batman was a big, hulking demon in the Dark Knight Returns. If they make a Superman from TDKR he'll probabbly also have the MOTUC body. I'd love an Ed McGuinness Superman with the MOTUC buck. Hell, all the characters are built like a vintage MOTU figures in McGuinness' Superman stories.

Big Country is right, maybe the most important Batman story in the last 30 years and we have people in a Batman thread who have never read it. Yet they feel compelled to let us know how little they know about Batman by dissing how he looks. Boggles the mind.

If you like Batman enough to see other interpretations of the character outside of the Nolan movies or The Animated Series then I would highly recommend you start with the Dark Knight Returns. Or, Year One. Or The Long Halloween/Dark Victory.

The oddly colored Batman next to Bat-Mite is the Batman of Planet X or Zur-En-Arrh who was an alright Batman. His Bruce Wayne was closer to Clark Kent which is interesting because on Planet X our Batman had the same powers of Superman. They had a whole Brave and the Bold episode dedicated to that story. This Batman for example had a villain that was almost identical to Lex Luthor and pined for a love interest very similar to Lois Lane. I never thought I'd see the day they made a figure of the Batman from Planet X.

I got to agree here. That Batman looks exactly like the image in Frank Millers story. He looks nothing like MOTU.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

I personally like it. He looks like TDKR, and yet is made with MOTUC parts.

If I bought Spector, I have to redeem myself and buy this Batman.

HOLY CRAP!
    I use Sir Laserlot to make Superman, and Might Spector to make the Joker!!

EVERYTHING FALLS INTO PLACE!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    No offense to ME 'cause that's a beautifully done custom, but I still prefer Mattel's. I like the expression on the head, and I love how thick the symbol is. ME's symbol looks a bit narrow for this version Batman. And obviously the non-MOTUC gloves and boots helps a lot.

Where else will this be available thru. I want to get 2 of them but I know that bbts is more expensive then other joints. Or should I bite the bullet and get it.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

I see it as either you can bite the bullet and get it on BBTS, you can try your luck at TRU, Target or Walmart or you can go the route of Ebay. Do you have a comic book store nearby?
    Until now.

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar

"Ugly face..."
    "Too big..."

Strangely, I find myself agreeing with you more and more lately, bigcountry. This is the first Batman figure that I will purchase. Hands down, the best Batman GN ever published. Excelltent story.

And don't read some of the sub threads... You'll find plenty of people that haven't read Watchmen. And many who have that don't understand why people would want comic inspired Watchmen figures...
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar

"Ugly face..."
    "Too big..."

Honestly, I haven't read either of them, but I do know of them. & also, I always thought that the DKR version of Joker kinda looked like Walken.
    Does Galactus fart?

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewd_Squirrel View Post
    Honestly, I haven't read either of them, but I do know of them. & also, I always thought that the DKR version of Joker kinda looked like Walken.
    Absolutely fantastic stories. Well worth borrowing them from the local library. Well worth buying them in my opinion, but definitely check them out. They are both in my top five graphic novels...
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?