Page 199 of 209 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,975 of 5201

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Its awesome and totally worth the $50, so if you guys want it head to Target online and pick it up before it sells out
    After watching Pixel Dan's review i've got to disagree with you. $50 is a ridiculous amount of money for a lightweight plastic car with moving wheels. It doesn't even have opening doors.

It does look cheap. The wheels look plastic and it sounds like a Barbie car when someone picks it up off the ground

No way that could be a TRU exclusive at $60. They would be sitting on thousands of them for who knows how many years.
    And not all Batman fans are fans of the 60's show. Maybe SDCC Lion-O could fit in there
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    After watching Pixel Dan's review i've got to disagree with you. $50 is a ridiculous amount of money for a lightweight plastic car with moving wheels. It doesn't even have opening doors.
    It's from Mattel; overpricing kind of comes with the Mattel logo (at least over the past decade or so)...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Yep, I'm pretty disappointed with the Batmobile, in all honesty. It looks nice, but the price is unjustified for what it is. It's hollow, lightweight plastic with plastic wheels, and no opening doors. A Barbie Car is a very accurate description of how it feels. It's hard for me to justify this being worth $50 when we got the Wind Raider from Mattel for the same price, and that thing was plastic perfection.

For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

I'm on the fence about the Batman and Robin. It's at least a small set.

The problem is I don't have any episodes of the show here. I scouted on-line for some DVDs at some point last year, but I came up empty. Not sure if they're rare or just nonexistent.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    So one of my friends is cleaning out his place and getting rid of things. As such, he gave me his DC Direct figures and I decided to do some comparison shots with the Mattel ones. If anyone is interested, here is the link to the slideshow as I am too lazy to post all 30 pictures.

Comparison Slideshow by DrKainn | Photobucket

But I'll post a few:

Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Ack. I am going to end up having to donate Hawk to goodwill.

I paid $17 at Kmart and can't even get $5 + a small shipping fee back for him

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    Ack. I am going to end up having to donate Hawk to goodwill.

I paid $17 at Kmart and can't even get $5 + a small shipping fee back for him
    have you tried just returning it to Kmart? I bet they would take it back.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

No can do. The reason I bought him was because he was the last Collect and Connect piece I needed for Nekron

I'm definitely done trying to move him. He's in the car with some other junk ready to be dropped off.
    Last edited by Phil.Pastel; August 9, 2013 at 02:14pm.

Man, the sub sales on this one really suck. It's even worse that for once I want all the figures they've shown while years that went through before had far fewer appealing figures to me. Bleh!
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    See, that may be why I'm not terribly broken up about the sub situation. I really don't want to have to spend money on Aquaman or Superboy, and couldn't care less about containment-suit Doomsday. I mean, if the sub by some miracle does go through, I'll deal with it, but the only figures I actually want are Ice and the larger Doomsday.

So frankly, if Ice gets released in some capacity, even if it's more money for a DoS purchase, I'd be OK with it. I have DCD figures standing in for several of my other wants, so if this is it for DC, I think I'm ok. I'm just too burned out and broke to stress out about these lines anymore.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

All I want is Tier 2 Doomsday. Everything else can suck it.

Yeah, I cannot justify buying another set of variants of characters I already own just because they look different. If the line was still coming out in waves of 7 every quarter, I'd have no problem with it. But now, with it being only 12 figures a year and nothing but 12 figures, plus the insane shipping costs, and having to deal with Digital River, I just cannot do it. I want to support the line, but the negatives outweigh the positives. If Anubis weighed the sub against a feather, the sub would push the scale through the floor.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

I don't understand. Damien Wayne has a prototype and it is a highly requested figure. The same with Prometheus, Weather Wizard or DK Superman. Those figures are the ones that should have been shown at SDCC if they wanted to promte the sub.

I like 90's Aquaman, but I'd want 90's Kyle Rayner and Greean Arrow son also, but most subscribers are not very anxious to get those figures.
    Only Ice was an original figure; and I still bleed for the highly demanded Batzarro
    Last edited by Rhanen; August 23, 2013 at 11:07pm.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

By old Zatanna do you mean 80s Satellite Justice League? Because aside from that and NU 52 I thought her costume was pretty much always the same that she wears in the figure we got. Or did I miss one some where?

Variants of essentially the same character aren't going to get people to buy into this line, even it is a variant that is another person under the hood. I still wonder how much say DC has in all of this though, with NU 52 Shazam I have a feeling a bit too much and it's what's going to sadly end up killing the line.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    See, that may be why I'm not terribly broken up about the sub situation. I really don't want to have to spend money on Aquaman or Superboy, and couldn't care less about containment-suit Doomsday. I mean, if the sub by some miracle does go through, I'll deal with it, but the only figures I actually want are Ice and the larger Doomsday.

So frankly, if Ice gets released in some capacity, even if it's more money for a DoS purchase, I'd be OK with it. I have DCD figures standing in for several of my other wants, so if this is it for DC, I think I'm ok. I'm just too burned out and broke to stress out about these lines anymore.
    See I think Starman and Uncle Sam were crap. I didn't want them, I want these figures, and I'm disappointed there's not more support for the non-crap now after I supported the crappier offerings to get here.

I know it's not fans' fault of course, just...dammit. At least I finally got Fire, Huntress, and Ra's.
    Last edited by gbagok; August 10, 2013 at 11:02am.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I look at it like this - I can suffer Starman or Uncle Sam because at least they're new characters. They may not be characters I particularly want, but at least it's something new. Wally West, while I completely understand why he was wanted for some, was a waste for me - he went right in my variants box. But if it's one a year, I can deal with that, since I'm getting a bunch of other characters I really want this year - Huntress, Fire, Ra's, Elongated Man in particular.

I just feel that with the showing for '14, it feels like Mattel is just shoving out whatever they happened to have around, like a Superboy variant that should have been a pack-out three years earlier. I would have avoided it then too, to tell the truth, but at least I would have had the option. I just have a sense that we're going to see other variants if the sub goes through, or somewhat lamer choices like Batzarro (again, I can deal with him, new character that I don't own, etc, but never in a million years would he be on any kind of wanted list for me). It's just hard to get excited.

To be fair, though - they've already made 90% of what I'd realistically want in a DC line. I can counting my remaining major wants on two hands and have fingers left over, so that's why the sub situation isn't as painful.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Are any UK fans planning on getting a sub? If so can someone tell me the shipping costs between monthly & quarterly shipments? Also (sorry if this has been answered) but if I got a quarterly shipment would Mattel debit my bank account each month when the figures are released and just ship 3 at a time or would they charge me the cost of 3 figs plus shipping in once transaction every four months?

JAG2045
    My feedback
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=108414
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=jag2045
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=117706

Great traders: Blue-jackal/Fneh(2)/Daz/Royalt1us/Evil-Orko/Buythepower/Booster/Adora/Zodac101/tokyonever/lemure77(2)/Vess(2)/Scorpia/Buzzsaw Hordak/miscus555/tmc1984/General Hawk 7

I wouldn't trust DR with quarterly shipping. They will probably accidentally sell you figure off and not realize it until it came time for your three figures to ship. That, and what happens if they run out of customer service stock in the month the figure goes on sale, but someone who did quarterly gets a defective figure?

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Are any UK fans planning on getting a sub? If so can someone tell me the shipping costs between monthly & quarterly shipments? Also (sorry if this has been answered) but if I got a quarterly shipment would Mattel debit my bank account each month when the figures are released and just ship 3 at a time or would they charge me the cost of 3 figs plus shipping in once transaction every four months?

JAG2045
    Monthly (each figure) - $13.69 International Post, $32.99 Express Post
    Quarterly (3 figures) - $63.99 International Post, $54.99 Express Post

Once you factor in potential customs charges, Quarterly Express might be the cheapest option.

Wiith quarterly shipping they'll charge your card once every three months .

From MattyCollector -
    About five (5) calendar days prior to the regular monthly sale date of the March Club Infinite Earths item, your credit card will be pre-authorized for the January, February, and March club releases. Pre-authorization means that the money is reserved from your available credit card balance. This is a standard practice done to ensure your credit card has sufficient funds available. Your card will then be charged when the items ship, approximately three (3) business days prior to the March All Access regular monthly sale date. Every quarter this process will repeat, with the exact figures and charges determined by that quarter’s releases.

Decided to have some fun with the 80s New Teen Titans team.

I cannot think of any other big name villains this team fought that have DCU figures.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    DC is at 33%.

It's looking very bad.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    DC is at 33%.

It's looking very bad.
    That's a real shame. I wonder what is discouraging people? For me, I was discouraged by another Flash (yeah I know, version this or that, but I have like 7 of them alreadey, just pretend one is Wally West you know?) I am extremely unhappy (actually down right disgusted) with Batzarro or whatever he is called, and next year's offerings do little for me with a new Superboy, a new Aquaman etc. It's a shame really, this line used to be so cool. I wished for it to go on for a long time....

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    I look at it like this - I can suffer Starman or Uncle Sam because at least they're new characters. They may not be characters I particularly want, but at least it's something new. Wally West, while I completely understand why he was wanted for some, was a waste for me - he went right in my variants box. But if it's one a year, I can deal with that, since I'm getting a bunch of other characters I really want this year - Huntress, Fire, Ra's, Elongated Man in particular.

I just feel that with the showing for '14, it feels like Mattel is just shoving out whatever they happened to have around, like a Superboy variant that should have been a pack-out three years earlier. I would have avoided it then too, to tell the truth, but at least I would have had the option. I just have a sense that we're going to see other variants if the sub goes through, or somewhat lamer choices like Batzarro (again, I can deal with him, new character that I don't own, etc, but never in a million years would he be on any kind of wanted list for me). It's just hard to get excited.

To be fair, though - they've already made 90% of what I'd realistically want in a DC line. I can counting my remaining major wants on two hands and have fingers left over, so that's why the sub situation isn't as painful.
    See I think those particular new characters are vastly inferior to these variants. Hook hand Aquaman was his iconic look in the 90s. T-shirt Superboy was his current look for at least as long as his 90s appearance. Even both Doomsdays are pretty cool as we've never had the containment suit version before (okay I don't know if he's happened in DC Direct, I'm not a MOC collector and find them too breakable). Other variants I would rate a lot higher would be Perez's Zatanna, Superman as the Krypton Man, and yeah 90s Kyle Rayner GL. If we were talking new characters like Vandal Savage and Faora, yeah those are big ones I'd like to have and am annoyed they are stubbornly not making them. I also have no interest in Batzarro or Wally West Flash (who is so similar to regular Flash that he makes me think of Snake Man-At-Arms' fist reveal--the one that was just a new head on an existing figure with virtually the same paint job). But again, the 2014 set is a different story, and I'm infuriated we've run out of steam NOW and not back last year where most of the SDCC offerings were so much less interesting than the ones this year. If the line had died then at least I wouldn't have felt cheated. Mallah was one I wanted but he's just a Grodd refit, I could have accepted that not making it.

They haven't made 90% of what I wanted (though I doubt I want more than 10% of the available characters they can make), and I'm pretty sure they never will. They've actually not touched a lot of what I wanted to see like Vixen, Morgan Le Fay, Granny Goodness, the Manhunter Grandmaster, Salaak, Vandal, Talia, Kru-El, Faora, General Zod, Byrne's Jor-El, Comissioner Gordon, Jericho, Arisia, Lois Lane, Sky Hook, Paralax (both Hal and Kyle versions), Silver Banshee, War World Superman vs Draaga, Ganthet and Skar, Jason Todd Red Hood, Lashina, Mad Harriet, Phobia, Plasmus, Brother Blood, Big Bear, All Father, Warlord, Mera, Amanda Waller, Batwoman, Garth/Aqualad, Panthra, Houngan, Roulette, Cheshire, Impulse, the Dominators, and the members of the Fearsome Five and the Hybrid (when Mento was evil). I know I'm of a different era of the comics. I don't find the modern comics all that accessible or appealing honestly. I miss the day of Tales of the Teen Titans, but I guess that's like a movie fan saying you miss Hitchcock or at least Spielberg circa-Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    That's a real shame. I wonder what is discouraging people? For me, I was discouraged by another Flash (yeah I know, version this or that, but I have like 7 of them alreadey, just pretend one is Wally West you know?) I am extremely unhappy (actually down right disgusted) with Batzarro or whatever he is called, and next year's offerings do little for me with a new Superboy, a new Aquaman etc. It's a shame really, this line used to be so cool. I wished for it to go on for a long time....
    I don't think the DC subs have ever reached the full goal, but as I've said, I think these Aquaman and Superboy offerings are a lot stronger than the Flash and Batzarro from this year. As far as I can tell, either the DC line is done or there just won't be any Doomsday figures at all.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    DC is at 33%.

It's looking very bad.
    Maybe they should just leave the DC sub on sale until it reaches their goal and then delay the figures' release for whenever that happens. I know, it can't happen, but if I ruled the universe....
    Last edited by gbagok; August 12, 2013 at 06:27pm.

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    That's a real shame. I wonder what is discouraging people? ....
    For me it's character selection along with the fact that there is no perks in subbing.

DCIE isn't MOTUC where there are sub only figures and figures that sell out quickly. You can pretty much buy DOS every figure and pick and choose who you want which is what I'll be doing in 2014 if it goes through. This way I'm not getting stuck with figures I don't want and can't even sell for cost like I did in 2012 and 2013. I bought 2 subs the last years and I refuse to sub this year. I'd rather just buy DOS or go through BBTS if I have to.

I was though very happy with the Ice and PAD Aquaman reveals. Both of there I want badly but that awful Superboy and with Damien Robin more than likely later in the year, I'm not willing to risk buying a sub. Elongated Man and Phantom Stranger were the only 2 figures I've really wanted so far this year. Granted the back half of 2013 is MUCH better, the first half has left a bad taste in my mouth. That Red Hood that nobody asked for along with Batzarro were just plain stupid decisions. While I really didn't mind Wally, he was clearly a figure that could have been sold at retail.

If the line dies...it dies.