Page 2 of 210 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

has too many toys. The Trollan Stud's Avatar
    I'm sure they'll be out in force after Christmas. I was at Target tonight, and all the Superman/Bizarro packs are gone, of course just after I won the Batgirl pack.

I'm hoping that series 5 does make it out, and several series after that. I guess that all my doom-and-gloom when it comes to Mattel toys hasn't yet worn off from MOTU.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Only figure from the line I'm currently missing that I actually want is the variant Bane w/Osito. I'll have to snag him on ebay after X-Mas. Fortunately, he doesn't go for THAT much more than retail......
    I was shocked to actually find that thing here, the place the magnetically repulses chases. Thank God, too, because I was holding out on buying Bane until I had that one. Shortly after I got it, they disappeared from all the local stores.

Quote Originally Posted by pakledjim View Post
    Speaking of Supergirl, there's supposed to be an exclusive version of her to be sold at Wal-Mart. It's with her classic red and blue look.
    Well, kinda classic. It's the current bare-midriff Michael Turner version of the old outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Trollan Stud View Post
    I won the Batgirl/Batman pack on ebay today, $21 shipped.
    Not bad considering it's 20 bucks in stores anyway, and then you'd be paying tax on top of that. The Batgirl is a cool looking figure, but isn't anyone else bothered by the fact that the 2 pack is 20 bucks? Single figures are 10, and you are forced to buy this other Batman to get the Batgirl. They couldn't cut you a little break? 14.99? Even 16.99 would have sounded nicer. JLU gives you 3 figures for the price of 2. Not to mention they're only asking for 10 bucks for the 3 pack anyway.
    http://www.FW4D.com

Fun With 4 Dimensions

A random humor strip updating every M,W,F

Quote Originally Posted by choanata View Post
    Not bad considering it's 20 bucks in stores anyway, and then you'd be paying tax on top of that. The Batgirl is a cool looking figure, but isn't anyone else bothered by the fact that the 2 pack is 20 bucks? Single figures are 10, and you are forced to buy this other Batman to get the Batgirl. They couldn't cut you a little break? 14.99? Even 16.99 would have sounded nicer. JLU gives you 3 figures for the price of 2. Not to mention they're only asking for 10 bucks for the 3 pack anyway.
    The two-packs are $14.99. Where did you get it? I believe you got suckered.
    A Postmodern Man For the 21st Century.

Badass with a bottle Drunken Fist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mooby View Post
    Well, kinda classic. It's the current bare-midriff Michael Turner version of the old outfit.
    At least they did tone down the ***** factor from his design. I never liked the white T-shirt Supergirl outfit, so I passed on the earlier figure. I don't like the current Supergirl in the comics, but the bluw outfit figure looks much better. enough like the classic Supergirl that I'm planning to pick it up.
    I can't wait to pick up Steel, Mongul, and Two-Face most out of the upcoming figures. Even Batgirl and Catwoman look much better than their DC Direct counterparts, so I'll get those, too. Even drawing only from the Batman and superman families of characters, there is opportunity for tons of variety in this line. It could easily run for several more years if Mattel will only tighten things up on the case ratios and distribution. We just need to be able to find these things on the shelves consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by choanata View Post
    Yeah, the Targets out here that carry them only charge $14.99. Are you not in the states?
    This space for rent, apparently.....

I found Azreal at ToysRus thismorning. They had a ton of figures that I haven't seen in a while too. Darkseid, Doomsday, Robin, Mr. Freeze, and also a few more of Azreal.

I can't wait till the next waves comes out. I have to get that exclusive Supergirl too, that one looks way better than the first one.
    " I have the POWER!!!!!"
    Need:

Batman with the Batsignal from 4H line

Sucessful transactions with: Royalt1us, Jag2045, Zodach, WENDIGO, Burtdawg, Illicitjedi, KingHiss

Quote Originally Posted by Zodac101 View Post
    I found Azreal at ToysRus thismorning. They had a ton of figures that I haven't seen in a while too. Darkseid, Doomsday, Robin, Mr. Freeze, and also a few more of Azreal.

I can't wait till the next waves comes out. I have to get that exclusive Supergirl too, that one looks way better than the first one.
    OK, this is like the 3rd post about this upcoming "exclusive" Supergirl. Where is everyone getting this info from? I've seen the upcoming classic blue outfit Supergirl sculpt at the Cons this past summer - is this what people are talking about? When was it announced as being a retailer exclusive?

I don't know for sure, but I have seen pics of her in the blue outfit. She has long blue sleeves and I think basically the same skirt as the one thats out right now. I will see if I can find the toyfare with the pic in it later tonite.

Not sure if I'll be able to scan it an post it..computer seems to have a mind of its own as of late. but I will do my best.
    " I have the POWER!!!!!"
    Need:

Batman with the Batsignal from 4H line

Sucessful transactions with: Royalt1us, Jag2045, Zodach, WENDIGO, Burtdawg, Illicitjedi, KingHiss

Right outside your window - MWAHAHAHAHA!!!
    I had no problem finding waves 1-3 in their entirety. Wave 4 has been an issue.

I've seen tons of the Superman (of course) and quite a few of Brainiac. (Bought only the Brainiac...not Superman.) However I have seen none of either Darkseid or Lex Luthor. It seems like they shipped twice the amount of Superman as Brainiac, and replaced the other 2 figures in the cases with Bizzaro, as we suddenly have a fresh flood of him. Anyone else seeing this?
    Always remember: Pillage BEFORE you burn!

I have heard that walmarts etc have a tendency if an item doesn't sell at a certain market location they pack it up and ship it elsewhere. And I think this is often a problem. I have also wonder if packs get opened before shipping and rearranged. But usually it is just the matter of someone in the back not stocking that particular item or holding it for themselves.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Yeah, the Targets out here that carry them only charge $14.99. Are you not in the states?
    This is also a reply to ChemicalChemical, I'm in the states, New York to be precise. I could be wrong, but whenever I go to Target, it looks like they have them for 20 bucks. At 15 I would have picked up that Batgirl set. It's only 5 bucks more for a Batman at that price. I'll have to go recheck that.

Fun With 4 Dimensions

The nearby Target had the Supes/Clark Kent two pack (about six of them). I snagged that along with an ML Spider-Woman. Darkseid is one elusive mofo as his buddies Brainiac and Luthor are readily available as usual. Anyone else seen the Superman Returns: Man of Steel (Metallo) figure? I saw him at Wal-Mart, on the back of the box showed Mongul and another character who I can't think of at the moment. Looks like they're based on the Supes Returns video game
    Some of my artwork
    Some more of my artwork
    "When the troll's upon you, you're a mighty fighter."

Pics of the new Superman Returns toys.

I might actually buy Metallo, even though I don't own this game.

Quote Originally Posted by The Trollan Stud View Post
    Pics of the new Superman Returns toys.

I might actually buy Metallo, even though I don't own this game.
    As soon as I just saw those pictures, I had a premonition. The line will be canceled and only a few of those figures will reach stores. 5 years down the road those will be worth some money. I suppose they could flood the market, but I have a feeling they will be rare. Even though IMO they look crummy.

Fun With 4 Dimensions

Heroic Warrior
    I spotted a set of wave 3 at a local TRU today. Finaly got the Azrael I was missing. Oh and over here the 2 packs are 15$ each. I see the Batman/Batgirl frequently. The Clark/Supes is almost a pegwrmer, only slightly less then the Bizzro 2 pack.

jiM
    Great traders: The_Seanestro, Dark Sorceress, Malakai9999, class316, The New Old He-Man,
    bone982, jah757s, JeMaBo2, Heh-man, etmartin, sdilks
    Bad Trader: Box of Keldor Heads

Ho Ho Ho

Well, Santa got me an extra Darkseid and an extra Lex Luthor, so give me a holla on this holladay if you still need either of them
    By the way, this particular Santa said he got Darkseid at... Shaw's Supermarket last week, or all places!!! So that might be a good place for folks to check.
    On a vaguely similar note, the purple-packaged 2007 JLU unlimited figures are popping up in Targets (I didn't find any "new" figures on Saturday, I think somebody already snagged the rare 3-packs, but they had a 3-pack with WW, Batman, and Supes, and the other with Dr. Light, etc... but the back of the packaging is AWESOME and has a half dozen or so new figures!).
    And Shadow Tek The Batman figures (Robin, Killer Moth, etc) are in my local TRUs.

It was announced that the Blue suited Kara Zor-El Supergirl would be scarcely seen at some retailers in 2006(I haven't heard of any being spotted anywhere), and would be a Wal-Mart exclusive in 2007.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Wanna know how pathetic my area stores are??? Wal-mart has 0 DC super heroes figures and still has all of the Marvel and other figures from January 2006. Kmart has some of the first Superman wave of figures with a few of the first wave Batman figures clinging to the racks. Target has three or four first wave Batman villains clinging to the rack along with a few of the two packs.

So, the line is pretty much dead in my area. I had to get the Supergirl figure I wanted through an online store, that is how bad it is in the local stores. So, I guess I won't be seeing the blue costume Supergirl figure in my local stores ever. Once again Mattel ruins a good toyline with overproduction of certain figures and lack of promotion. Mattel is pretty consistant when it comes to that.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

I went to my local Target and it turns out you were all right, the 2 packs were only 15. So I picked up the Batgirl pack. Batgirl is being displayed with my other figures, and I took Batman to work for my desk.

Fun With 4 Dimensions

Scored the Superman/Clark Kent two-pack at Target yesterday. I also saw Brainiac and Luthor there, but since I have a preorder for the whole wave (including Darkseid) I just left them. It was hard, because they look great.

Still SOL on series 3, though. Damn WM had to drop the line after Superman Returns left theaters. Can anyone hook me up with Azrael from that series?

Does anyone have any links to what the Two-Face and Joker from series 5 is going to look like? Or any future figures from this line for that matter?

Quote Originally Posted by starbasetoys View Post
    Does anyone have any links to what the Two-Face and Joker from series 5 is going to look like? Or any future figures from this line for that matter?
    Well, the Clark Kent from the 2-pack that is currently out there is the Two-Face body sculpt. Just picture it with different paint and a different head.

Quote Originally Posted by starbasetoys View Post
    You're sorta in luck. No Joker 2.0 (although I understand that it'll just be a repain of the Batman line Joker with some added articulation) or Two-Face, but this link has pictures of Parasite, Mongul, Steel, Catwoman and the afore mentioned current-costume Supergirl, and this link has a picture (at the top left) of the Cassie Cain Batgirl.
    Last edited by Darth Mooby; January 3, 2007 at 11:33pm.

I've seen those. Thanks for the links of those though. I'm sure others would like to check them out and I had fogotten where I had seen them as well. Anyone else have any links to pics of Two-Face and Joker?