Page 23 of 208 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 575 of 5176

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

  1. #551
    Eternian Sorcerer zodak74's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Point Dread
    Posts
    11,985
    I think I did this right...
    pics up in my new album...
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...php?albumid=35

  2. #552
    Master of DVDs BCI Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    5,477
    Quote Originally Posted by Sword-of-Grayskull View Post
    Man, Lobo is way too tall for my taste.
    I agree. His scale is way off. I like Grundy being huge, but Lobo is never that big (even when guys like Simon Bisley draw him).

  3. #553
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,919
    Holy crap! I didn't know he was that tall! I thought he was the same height as the rest of DCUC/DCSH. Why did they make him so freakin HUGE?! I don't think I have a spot to display him now.

  4. #554
    Heroic Warrior He-Ro 666's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Parkville,Maryland
    Posts
    2,410
    Yeah, Lobo looks a tad huge, lol. Hopefully, they'll scale him down and release him anyway. I wish they'd scale characters who are supposed to be huge to the correct proportions from now on.
    Some of my artwork
    Some more of my artwork
    "When the troll's upon you, you're a mighty fighter."

  5. #555
    Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    Posts
    7,294
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Ro 666 View Post
    Yeah, Lobo looks a tad huge, lol. Hopefully, they'll scale him down and release him anyway. I wish they'd scale characters who are supposed to be huge to the correct proportions from now on.
    They pretty much made it known that this was the only time Lobo would get released. Apparently, the Despero figure which they used to make Lobo is going to be huge. I wonder if Lobo could be pulled apart. I would try, but then I don't want to risk it.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

  6. #556
    Heroic Warrior He-Ro 666's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Parkville,Maryland
    Posts
    2,410
    Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    They pretty much made it known that this was the only time Lobo would get released. Apparently, the Despero figure which they used to make Lobo is going to be huge. I wonder if Lobo could be pulled apart. I would try, but then I don't want to risk it.
    That sucks. I wonder if the fans writing in would change that otherwise the custom Lobos are on the way
    Some of my artwork
    Some more of my artwork
    "When the troll's upon you, you're a mighty fighter."

  7. #557
    Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    Posts
    7,294
    They tried when the JLU fans went into an uproar over the Holiday Hal Jordan figure and that didn't get any results. Mattel still says that they can't make him for the JLU line.

    DC does have a tight grip on their properties. It took Mattel a lot of wheeling and dealing to get the DC license from Warner Bros. It took even longer to get the rest like The Question, Blue Beetle, and Captain Marvel, but they did it.

    They pretty much have access to every character, but DC gives them their final approval and they are not too keen on using some of their more violent characters. I doubt we'll see Lobo again. Maybe Mattel might be trying, but I don't think its their top priority right now of just getting 1 character out.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

  8. #558
    Eternian Sorcerer zodak74's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Point Dread
    Posts
    11,985
    I don't read the comics and know most of the characters through JLU or the other Timm cartoon series or second-hand knowledge from my husband, so I can't say how big who is supposed to be compared to who/what, etc... BUT... I just opened my own Lobo figure and I freaking LOVE this thing! Sure, he is twice as big as DCUC Wave 3 Robin... but that's kind of the cool thing about seeing them square off against each other on my shelf! I'm not going to be that person who says "If you didn't order him you really missed out...", but I will say seeing pics online and then the fun of having the figure in your hands and seeing how much work went into the little details (like the removable 3-D glasses, a gun that comes out of the side holster, even his little dog too!), it's something the internet doesn't do justice and- like King Grayskull- it goes to show you can't really judge a lot of this stuff from digital camera pics.

  9. #559
    Almighty Dictator Skullface's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,346
    If anyone is doing the Infinite Heroes, The Atom and Black Hand have been spotted over the last week or so. Still no findings of Black Adam yet.....

    I still have yet to see the Gordon/SWAT 3-pack......
    This space for rent, apparently.....

  10. #560
    Heroic Warrior RocketPunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    6,157
    Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    They pretty much made it known that this was the only time Lobo would get released. Apparently, the Despero figure which they used to make Lobo is going to be huge. I wonder if Lobo could be pulled apart. I would try, but then I don't want to risk it.
    According to Cornboy, Despero wasn't sculpted to be so huge either, it's Mattel who are to blame for making him and Lobo overly large.

  11. #561
    Eternian Henchman motu77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    East Berlin, PA
    Posts
    4,205
    So what stores are Wave 3 supposed to be in?? I want the Nightwing and Robin figures but I have not seen anything past wave one in stores.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

    eBay Feedback


    " Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

  12. #562
    Oracle of Fabulousity Kevenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Lakewood, OH
    Posts
    7,154
    I think it's mostly online stores getting Wave 3 right now.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

    "Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

    - Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

  13. #563
    Almighty Dictator Skullface's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,346
    Quote Originally Posted by motu77 View Post
    So what stores are Wave 3 supposed to be in?? I want the Nightwing and Robin figures but I have not seen anything past wave one in stores.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    I think it's mostly online stores getting Wave 3 right now.
    Targets on the west coast have been getting Wave 3 in so far.....

    EDIT: Did some hunting today, and while Wave 3 DCUC was MIA, I did score the Infinite Heroes Atom! All the targets by me have ZERO DCUC figures, so I'm hoping in the next week or so we'll get flooded with them!
    Last edited by Skullface; August 13, 2008 at 06:27pm.
    This space for rent, apparently.....

  14. #564
    Eternian Henchman motu77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    East Berlin, PA
    Posts
    4,205
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    I think it's mostly online stores getting Wave 3 right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Targets on the west coast have been getting Wave 3 in so far.....

    EDIT: Did some hunting today, and while Wave 3 DCUC was MIA, I did score the Infinite Heroes Atom! All the targets by me have ZERO DCUC figures, so I'm hoping in the next week or so we'll get flooded with them!

    Cool thanks for the info guys
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

    eBay Feedback


    " Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

  15. #565
    The power has returned MOTUfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    **** Rapids, Minnesota
    Posts
    8,755
    Woo Hoo Got wave three


    Got:

    Sinestro yellow version
    Nightwing
    Robin
    Green Lantern
    Deathstroke

    They just put them out tonight at my local target, only one Green Lantern is left, if anyone wants it I can check tomorrow and see if it's still there.

    Which were the chases again for this wave and the previous two??

    Brent
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

  16. #566
    Le Samourai kantboy2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Up in the air...
    Posts
    1,305
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTUfan View Post
    Woo Hoo Got wave three


    Got:

    Sinestro yellow version
    Nightwing
    Robin
    Green Lantern
    Deathstroke

    They just put them out tonight at my local target, only one Green Lantern is left, if anyone wants it I can check tomorrow and see if it's still there.

    Which were the chases again for this wave and the previous two??

    Brent
    Sinestro Corps Sinestro 50/50
    Unmasked Deathstroke 70/30

    You have one of the two.
    Watch these movies: Seppuku, Ordet, Bad Day at Black Rock, Red Beard, Johnny Guitar, Children of Paradise, The Seventh Seal, I Know Where I'm Going!, Barton Fink, Point Blank, Barry Lyndon, A Nous La Liberte, Young Frankenstein

  17. #567
    Almighty Dictator Skullface's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,346
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTUfan View Post
    Which were the chases again for this wave and the previous two??

    Brent
    There were no chases/variants for Wave 1.

    Wave 2 there is only the modern Aquaman with the longer hair. The modern Firestorm should be showing up in the next 3-4 weeks, but he's just a running change, as the classic Firestorm is pretty much a memory on pegs.

    Is the corrected Harley out, or will she ship with the new Firestorm?

    Found a GL at a Target on my way home, but the paint around the bottom of the mask looked like he REALLY needed a Kleenex, so I passed. A friend of mine called me right after that, and he also saw a GL that he picked up for me. Hopefully the paint is better on the one he found.....
    This space for rent, apparently.....

  18. #568
    Heroic Warrior RocketPunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    6,157
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    There were no chases/variants for Wave 1.

    Wave 2 there is only the modern Aquaman with the longer hair. The modern Firestorm should be showing up in the next 3-4 weeks, but he's just a running change, as the classic Firestorm is pretty much a memory on pegs.

    Is the corrected Harley out, or will she ship with the new Firestorm?

    Found a GL at a Target on my way home, but the paint around the bottom of the mask looked like he REALLY needed a Kleenex, so I passed. A friend of mine called me right after that, and he also saw a GL that he picked up for me. Hopefully the paint is better on the one he found.....
    Yes, the corrected Harley will be in the new Firestorm assortment.

    I might get the Infinite Heroes next year after all, since they will be getting extra articulation added. I still wish the 4HM were sculpting them, but hopefully they'll look better in person.

  19. #569
    The power has returned MOTUfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    **** Rapids, Minnesota
    Posts
    8,755
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    There were no chases/variants for Wave 1.

    Wave 2 there is only the modern Aquaman with the longer hair. The modern Firestorm should be showing up in the next 3-4 weeks, but he's just a running change, as the classic Firestorm is pretty much a memory on pegs.

    Is the corrected Harley out, or will she ship with the new Firestorm?

    Found a GL at a Target on my way home, but the paint around the bottom of the mask looked like he REALLY needed a Kleenex, so I passed. A friend of mine called me right after that, and he also saw a GL that he picked up for me. Hopefully the paint is better on the one he found.....
    Sounds good. So I only need to Ebay one out of the entire run if I am lucky enough to nab Variant Deathstroke on my next outing today, and in coming weeks Harley and Firestorm.

    Never saw the Aquaman and I got both Red and Blue Supermen I think they were even distribution. And I finally picked up the two Linda Danvers Supergirl's that had been peg Warmers since April of last year. Just never bought them and finally did got them on clearance. Think $9 each from K-Mart. Missed Bizarro he just recently got sold, oh well waited a little too long for him

    Now when does the Wal-Mart only wave supposed to hit again. And is there a Target only wave?? I think KB Toys has a variant Cyborg ugh, hope their site has it
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

  20. #570
    Almighty Dictator Skullface's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,346
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTUfan View Post
    Sounds good. So I only need to Ebay one out of the entire run if I am lucky enough to nab Variant Deathstroke on my next outing today, and in coming weeks Harley and Firestorm.

    Never saw the Aquaman and I got both Red and Blue Supermen I think they were even distribution. And I finally picked up the two Linda Danvers Supergirl's that had been peg Warmers since April of last year. Just never bought them and finally did got them on clearance. Think $9 each from K-Mart. Missed Bizarro he just recently got sold, oh well waited a little too long for him

    Now when does the Wal-Mart only wave supposed to hit again. And is there a Target only wave?? I think KB Toys has a variant Cyborg ugh, hope their site has it
    You should be able to find Bizarro dirt cheap on ebay, if not on trade forums. When DCSH switched to the purple cards, the first wave was nothing but Superman & Bizarro repacks, which led to Wal-Mart (and other retailers) to stop carrying the line shortly thereafter.

    Yep, Superman Red & Blue were each 1 per case.

    There is no Target exclusive wave currently planned.

    The Wal-Mart exclusive wave should show up sometime in October, right around the same time other retailers get Wave 4 (Despero BAF). KB will be getting variant exclusives of Cyborg (sonic arm accessory) & Batman Beyond (unmasked). So for everybody keeping track, October will see these figures all hitting at about the same time:

    Wave 4-Despero BAF: (Available at all retailers-possible exception of Wal-Mart)
    Wonder Woman
    Wonder Woman (Artemis variant)
    Captain Atom
    Captain Atom (gold variant)
    Ares
    Cyborg
    Batman Beyond

    Wave 4 KB Toys Exclusives:
    Sonic Arm Cyborg
    Batman Beyond unmasked

    Wave 5-Metallo BAF: (Wal-Mart exclusive wave-no planned variants)
    The Riddler
    Amazo
    The Atom
    Black Lightning
    Eradicator

    Found the following info on Fwoosh, where the poster found it of Raving Toy Maniac. Someone looked up info on the Wal-Mart computers, and found listings for a possible upcoming wave. (Possibly Wave 8)

    Colossal B Series (Colossal Boy?)
    Green Arrow
    Green Arrow II (Variant?)
    Wildcat
    Speedy
    Green Stewart
    Green Stewart II (Variant?)
    Deadshot
    BlkCanary (Black Canary)
    Forager

    The other wave he couldn't recall. But it had Monel and Raven listed.
    If that turns out to be true, chalk up another awesome assortment from Mattel!
    This space for rent, apparently.....

  21. #571
    Spoony Bard davidlogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    4,565
    Anyone have an extra right arm for Grundy from Deathstroke?
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

    Print version, also available!

  22. #572
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    2,254
    after this aquaman fiasco, I'm gonna order wave 3 by the case.

  23. #573
    Almighty Dictator Skullface's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,346
    A buddy of mine managed to get a hold of a Robin, Nightwing and Deathstroke for me today! Down to unmasked Deathstroke and both Sinestros to be done with this wave and wait for the corrected Harley and modern Firestorm to start hitting.....
    This space for rent, apparently.....

  24. #574
    Eternian Sorcerer zodak74's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Point Dread
    Posts
    11,985
    If anybody wants to hit me up with an offer for my Deathstroke unmasked variant MOC, I might let him go... I really would rather have the masked version for my collection.

  25. #575
    Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    Posts
    7,294
    I got my hands on a Robin, Nightwing, and GL. If anybody got a yellow Sinestro or a regular Deathstroke, could you hook me up?

    Speaking of luck, I went to another Target today and found a regular Sinestro. They had 1 GL and 1 Robin.
    Last edited by bskcase; August 18, 2008 at 08:51pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •