Page 28 of 210 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

I've never seen Robin in the store. I've not seen a trace of Wave 4 in my area at all. I broke down yesterday and told my comic shop that if they order Wave 4, I would like to buy the Artemis as Wonder Woman figure from them, since that's the figure I want the most from that wave. they also have unmasked Deathstroke, and I told them that they could sell him for more on E-Bay, they didn't really care and said it wasn't worth the effort.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    After all this, I opened my nightwing too since robin was flawless...........

Grundys friggin head wont stay up, it just flops down
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I had the same problem with Grundy. I ended up stuffing some putty around his neck and it's nice and tight now.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Sword-of-Grayskull View Post
    Skullface, do you know if Impulse Creations allows you to return defective figures like your Sinestro? I'm thinking about ordering a set of wave 4, but I like a said above, I'm worried about getting figures that will break on me and then having nothing to show for my money.
    I'm not sure, as I've only placed 2 orders with them. For my messed up Sinestro, I called Mattel customer service, and they're sending me an $11 coupon. I'm out the $$$ for shipping, but I still have the figure to mess around with, (along with the Grundy piece) and IF I can find any of the ones I'm missing, the coupon will cover 1 of them.....
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    If you dont want your sinestro's grundy leg...............

I just poured a ton of elmers glue into grundys neck to beef it up. I did that with a few marvel legends, and it worked..... heres hoping grundy works!
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

I still haven't seen the Grundy wave in stores by me. I have a buddy that picked up a couple and is sending them to me. So I will ahve the chase Sinestro and Hal GL figure. Thats two down!!! Hopefully I can complete this wave.

And also the next waves to???
    " I have the POWER!!!!!"
    Need:

Batman with the Batsignal from 4H line

Sucessful transactions with: Royalt1us, Jag2045, Zodach, WENDIGO, Burtdawg, Illicitjedi, KingHiss

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I know wave 3 and wave 4 figures have hit my area. I've seen GL, Robin, and Sinestro around, but they quickly dissapear. I saw Ares yesterday and today it was gone. They don't stay around long and I just don't want to go around chasing figures. I rather just buy in bulk.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

I'm thinking I might have to resort to doing that to. I just hate haveing to spend all that money on a case.
    " I have the POWER!!!!!"
    Need:

Sucessful transactions with: Royalt1us, Jag2045, Zodach, WENDIGO, Burtdawg, Illicitjedi, KingHiss

Quote Originally Posted by Zodac101 View Post
    I'm thinking I might have to resort to doing that to. I just hate haveing to spend all that money on a case.
    I finally broke down and ordered a case of DCUC wave 4. It's frustrating when the Meijers that I drive past every week was one of the first locations that they popped up in, and that after all this time, I haven't seen a thing. I gave up and ordered the case. Normally I hate dropping that much money for figures that I don't want that much, but I figure that I did want Ares, WW, and BB, and if I could, an extra BB for customizing. So, after not finding beans, I figure getting the case with 2 BB, WW, Ares, then Cyborg and Capt Atom and Desparo without having to drive around fruitlessly anymore was probably worth it. After all, Desparo looks pretty cool, so having him will probably be worth it, and it's not like I'm going to just throw away Cyborg and Capt Atom either.

However, over the next few waves, I'll probably either use Impulse creations or some other online store, since the only two upcoming figs I want are Eradicator and Captain Marvel (Shazam).
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    I had to make my own Wonder Woman: best of both in my eyes, though I will say how shocked I was that Mattel did a great job shrinking the Four Horsemen head sculpt. The paint on her face was perfect. Oh well, I popped it off.

I haven't even seen wave 3 except fot Green Lantern.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Quote Originally Posted by twinAJ1 View Post
    I had to make my own Wonder Woman: best of both in my eyes, though I will say how shocked I was that Mattel did a great job shrinking the Four Horsemen head sculpt. The paint on her face was perfect. Oh well, I popped it off.

Is the head you used from a DC Direct Wonder Woman? This looks excellent! The 4H did a lovely face, but they didn't really capture her hair very well (IMO) The DC Direct head got it spot on! I may now have to do this myself!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    Is the head you used from a DC Direct Wonder Woman? This looks excellent! The 4H did a lovely face, but they didn't really capture her hair very well (IMO) The DC Direct head got it spot on! I may now have to do this myself!
    You're right about the hair... it's something that makes me worry about what the PoP gals will end up looking like, because I don't think the Four Horsemen can do "hair" very well at all.
    This Wonder Woman head looks a lot better on that body... I'm jealous- I need to do that to mine too!

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    Yeah I used the Terry Dodson head. I really didn't want to remove the Mattel head. It's easily the best Four Horsemen female ever. They captured her perfectly and I thought nothing can beat the Dodson WW headsculpt. But both are tied in my eyes in terms of faces.

To me, the final frontier of the Four Horsemen will be long hair. It's the one thing they haven't sculpted a lot yet. The only time was She-Ra's prototype and to be honest, I didn't like the way it looked. It was kinda like polly-o string cheese. Not that the rooted hair was so much better, but I wasn't a fan of what may have been the Four Horsemen first attempt as sculpting long flowing hair.

I feel bad because the Four Horsemen had to sculpt her hair 4 times before it got approved. It's obvious they went with 80's Jose-Luis Garcia Lopez hair. While I love his art and consider it PERFECT, he was inconsistent with her hair. In some art, it was long and in some it was very very short.

Terry Dodson describes Wonder Woman's hair as sort of "her cape," and that's how I envision it. Not down to her ankles, but covering most of her back. Plus they did Modern Wonder Woman, which always had long hair.

I admit I'm really curious to see how they're going to do She-Ra characters, if we even get to them.

Toy Guru's new Q&A for DCUC posted on Fwoosh today. Wave 8 will be revealed next month on Mattycollector.com. I still say Martian Manhunter should/will be the Wave 8 headliner, even though I also want Green Arrow sooner, rather than later....)

http://www.thefwoosh.com/index.php?o...=1143&Itemid=1

Bang your head!!!
    After a month, I finally picked up the last 3 figs I needed from wave 3 (Sinsetro, Deathstroke and Robin).

Does anyone have wave 2 figs they want to sell?...
    My art blog:
    http://jeremypeerboom.blogspot.com/

The Power and Honor Foundation:
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

Quote Originally Posted by MossMan710179 View Post
    After a month, I finally picked up the last 3 figs I needed from wave 3 (Sinsetro, Deathstroke and Robin).

Does anyone have wave 2 figs they want to sell?...
    Just hang tight Jeremy - Mattel is shipping Wave 2 again in November. You'll be able to get the whole wave then. (With the exception of classic Firestorm - but he's being re-released next spring as an All-Star figure. The modern Firestorm will FINALLY be on pegs next month)

And another heads-up. Targets have been sending returned DCUC figures to Goodwill, as opposed to putting them back on pegs. If your store has old stock, you can buy them and immediately return them to Guest Service. It won't affect inventory counts, so they will still order more if they are sold out. Nice way to help get newer stock !

I can't believe I actually found Robin today! He's the one I wanted the most in Wave 3. I'd seen Nightwing before, but I wasn't impressed with the sculpt of the character at all, which is a shame, coz I love his character.

I hope I find both Aquaman versions when they ship Wave 2 again. All I ever saw was a Red Superman.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    So I broke down and ordered the set of 5 characters from wave 3 off eBay for a total of $77 (including shipping). However, I consider that a deal since the Sinestro was the Corpse variant, which is currently sells for about $25 alone. I also preorded the wave 4 case with 2 Batmen Beyonds from BigBadToyStore. Hopefully for waves 2 and 6 my Target and new Walmart will finally stock DCUC.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Got my K case today from Enchanted Toy Chest, despite the Meijers that I pass every week on my way home being one of the first spottings in the nation at Fwoosh, I gave up and got the case I wanted. At first I wasn't sold on the idea of buying a whole case, but after figuring that I wanted Ares, WW, and 2 BB (One for a custom), I realized I was better off just getting the case and getting Desparo to boot.

Nifty figures, no QC problems on any of mine, save for a looser then I'd like right arm on Desparo, and WW's right hand won't hold her axe; her fingers are too wide open. However, no paint aps issues, misassemblies, or broken/poorly assembled figures. Oh, and I got Silver Captain Atom. Not that I cared, but for the record.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Heroic Warrior
    I'm ordering my wave three figures this week.

can't wait.

I was out of town for work and came across Entrigin on clearance at Meijers, And also picked up Deathstroke chase version, Robin, and Nightwing!!! Holy crap I found some of these!!!!!
    " I have the POWER!!!!!"
    Need:

I came across a Nightwing on Saturday, but alas, I had no money to buy it.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

DCUC Wave 8 announced on Mattycollector.com!

Hawkgirl
    Dr. Fate (w/a classic version as a chase - I thought this was DCU CLASSICS???)
    Gentleman Ghost ( )
    Parademon (both red/white & green/yellow versions - 50/50 distribution)
    Mr. Terrific
    Commander Steel
    Vigilante
    and the BAF is.......................

CLASSIC GIGANTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *faints*

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/...me/pbPage.News

Guess we have to wait even longer for Martian Manhunter & Green Arrow......
    Last edited by Skullface; November 4, 2008 at 04:24am.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Awesome wave.

They're spreading out the big guns, which only makes sense. The 4H said at SDCC that they hadn't actually worked on Green Arrow yet, but given what Toyguru has said about pushing the "Big 7" I'll be very surprised if J'onn is not in Wave 9.

Not sure who my favorite for this wave is...probably Giganta!
    "That's very interesting...but silly."