Page 29 of 208 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

I should be crapping my brains out with joy for this announcement about Giganta. I desperately have wanted a Giganta figure for years.

But I can't find their damn product! It's no where!!! I sorely want an Artemis figure - the one figure in this wave that I really, really want - and I can't even find one figure from Wave 4 in the stores.

I want to be excited, but I just get disappointed. I don't want to order an entire case and pay for expensive shipping. I should be able to walk into a brick and mortar store (you know, the ones who messed up the even-packed cases for the online stores so people would bring traffic into their stores) and buy the entire wave off of the shelves. But no one is even stocking these. This line is a damn mess.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    I thought this was DCU CLASSICS???)
    What ever gave you that idea?

was it the Modern Red Tornado in wave one?
    was it the Electric Supermen in wave two, perhaps?
    what about the Modern Robin and Nightwing in wave three?

"Classics" is just a name, just like Marvel "Legends" is just a name.

the sooner you realize that, the better off you'll be.

they have to cater to all eras, because if I didn't get some current characters, I wouldn't support the line at all, and neither would others.

Quote Originally Posted by capitalzero View Post
    What ever gave you that idea?

was it the Modern Red Tornado in wave one?
    was it the Electric Supermen in wave two, perhaps?
    what about the Modern Robin and Nightwing in wave three?

"Classics" is just a name, just like Marvel "Legends" is just a name.

the sooner you realize that, the better off you'll be.

they have to cater to all eras, because if I didn't get some current characters, I wouldn't support the line at all, and neither would others.
    Actually we got classic Red Tornado.

I don't care what eras they use, (I actually like that they are pulling from every direction-hell, I wanted Nightwing in his goofy disco costume!) but when the CLASSIC version of a CLASSIC character in a CLASSICS line is the chase figure, that's what bothers me. I guess I'm just against chase figures period. Honestly, I'd prefer the classic cowboy Vigilante, but I'll still grab the one we're getting.

Personally, I REALLY just want to get classic versions of the characters to complete my Legion of Doom. (Still need Toy Man & Cheetah, but then we'd also need redos of figures we already have, like Luthor, Brainiac, Riddler, etc....)

(Still haven't found Artemis or SC Sinestro, let alone most of Wave 4. Did see the variant Aquaman & Deathstroke though, so it's hit or miss)
    Last edited by Skullface; November 4, 2008 at 12:48pm.
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Lycan
    Gosh, wave 8..
    I have no idea who most of those are
    I'm glad I managed to get hold of wave 3 last week. Fingers crossed for Forbidden Planet getting them in soon, since it seems like theyre all thats gonna stock them over here short of resorting to ebay.

I'm still keeping fingers crossed for Infinate Heroes turning up in the shops, but not holding my breath.
    What next? It seems every month lately there is something..

Heroic Warrior
    Actually we got classic Red Tornado.

I don't care what eras they use, (I actually like that they are pulling from every direction-hell, I wanted Nightwing in his goofy disco costume!) but when the CLASSIC version of a CLASSIC character in a CLASSICS line is the chase figure, that's what bothers me. I guess I'm just against chase figures period. Honestly, I'd prefer the classic cowboy Vigilante, but I'll still grab the one we're getting.

Personally, I REALLY just want to get classic versions of the characters to complete my Legion of Doom. (Still need Toy Man & Cheetah, but then we'd also need redos of figures we already have, like Luthor, Brainiac, Riddler, etc....)

(Still haven't found Artemis or SC Sinestro, let alone most of Wave 4. Did see the variant Aquaman & Deathstroke though, so it's hit or miss)
    the point being, you're taking that "Classic" name a little too seriously. It's obvious that it's an all-encompassing line (as was my point), and always was intended to be.

am I upset about the Dr. Fate thing?, no, because I get the feeling that it's probably gonna be another 50/50 split. This wave is still a ways off, and the fans make the difference. We swung the vote for Firestorm, I'm sure we can do it again.

I still want the variant Firestorm, however.

I want an all-encompassing DCU line, I want Kyle Rayner, and Wally West as much as some people want Hal and Barry.

I think the line is able to give us that. I understand that different fans want different things, the only way this is gonna work is to try to make as many people as possible happy, and the only way to do that is to mix things up.

so we're getting Adrian Chase Vigilante. That doesn't mean we'll never see the Cowboy Vigilante at some point down the line. I'm sure if enough people want him, he'll be made.

just look at the lineup for wave eight, before it was announced, how many of those characters did you think were realistically in play?

Here's the list of figures I plan on buying:

Wave 3:
    Robin
    Nightwing
    Deathstroke
    Hal Jordan (And I don't even LIKE Hal!)
    I already have Sinestro

Wave 4:
    Cyborg
    Wonder Woman
    Captain Atom (Silver)
    Artemis
    Ares
    Batman Beyond (Just to complete Despero)

Wave 5:
    Amazo
    Black Lightning
    Atom

Wave 6:
    Killer Moth
    Captain Marvel
    Hawkman
    Mister Miracle
    Superman (Either)

Wave 7:
    Captain Cold
    Camo Aquaman
    Kid Flash
    Barry Allen
    Booster Gold (Modern)
    Blue Beetle
    Big Barda

Wave 8:
    Hawkgirl
    Parademon (Both)
    Dr. Fate (Both)
    Mr. Terrific
    Vigilante
    Commander Steel

that's gonna be a pretty impressive collection, and it totally SMOKES DCD in scope and potential. I'm very excited for many of those choices.

Especially Booster Gold and Killer Moth. Killer Moth, because he illustrates the fact that everybody is a potential, and Booster, because this is the Booster we SHOULD'VE gotten when DCD did the '52' Wave, since he never wore the collar ONCE in the entire run of that series.
    Last edited by capitalzero; November 4, 2008 at 01:43pm.

Just pre-ordered my set of Wave 8 from CSC.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm still working on assembling wave 3, now that wave 4 is starting to crop up.

gotta get me a Grundy!

I'll worry about wave eight after that.

Thanks for the heads-up... going to do the same!

BTW- kick-ass news- you can now buy boxes of STANDS for DCUC (I imagine these would work on MOTU as well!) and JLU figures! Go get 'em at mattycollector.com!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up... going to do the same!

BTW- kick-ass news- you can now buy boxes of STANDS for DCUC (I imagine these would work on MOTU as well!) and JLU figures! Go get 'em at mattycollector.com!
    I saw the stands earlier, and was gonna order a box for DCUC, but then I found out Target dropped the price on their Red Hulk ML wave back to $10/figure. Gotta go hunt those down tonight. I'll put a few boxes of stands on my X-Mas list.....

capitalzero - If you need help with Wave 3, I can easily get you Hal, Deathstroke & Nightwing. Do me a favor and get these guys outta my stores so I can get some Wave 4 in stock!
    Last edited by Skullface; November 4, 2008 at 06:48pm.

Yay, Giganta and Hawkgirl!

I only wish these were easier to come by in the UK...

Heroic Warrior
    Skullface, thanks, but I already ordered Nightwing, Deathstroke, and Robin, and I'm gonna buy Hal later this week (despite not liking Hal at all).

Why are these so awesome? I don't think I can continue to resist...

I don't even know who this Vigilante is. The cowboy one would have been way better. Especially because I am such a Seven Soldiers fanboy.
    A Postmodern Man For the 21st Century.

I may have to buy some stands. I wish there were some pics of them with figures, though.
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

my entire knowledge of gentleman ghost consists of the 10+ seconds from one episode of JLU, but that doesn't matter to me. it was enough for me to realize i love him. i haven't bought anything from this line yet, but i will own this toy!

Quote Originally Posted by ChemicalChemical View Post
    Why are these so awesome? I don't think I can continue to resist...
    Tell me about it! I'm not even a DC fan outside of Batman and some Vertigo stuff but I'm completely addicted to these figures.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Court Magician
    Over at the Fwoosh wave 5 has been found in Milwaukee. I still need the rest of wave 3

Quote Originally Posted by BHT View Post
    Over at the Fwoosh wave 5 has been found in Milwaukee. I still need the rest of wave 3
    I just saw that post a few minutes ago. I thought it was a good day, now that I FINALLY found an Artemis at TRU this afternoon. Guys, do whatever you can to get a hold of this figure - She's absolutely gorgeous. Even better than Wonder Woman.

Grabbed an extra gold Captain Atom if anyone has a Batman Beyond or Silver Captain Atom to trade for it.....

I also hit a Meijer today, and they had a bunch of Wave 3. No Deathstrokes or variants, but everybody else.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Wave 5's going to be tough, since there's only one Wal-mart near me and it's not that great at stocking. It's also usually incredibly crowded, and I can never get there until late day!
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Heroic Warrior
    I have all of wave three regular figures.

dunno if I want the variants this time, as they're pretty simple redecos, and not significant 'extra' characters.

I bought ALL of wave 2, but I don't think I need all of wave three.

Wave 5 is out? I haven't even seen wave 4! Gah!
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Good thing wave 5 is my least anticipated wave of this line. Nice to have a breather once, especially with MOTU classics coming out in a month and the "Nemesis" wave of Marvel Legends coming out any time now.

I just saw that post a few minutes ago. I thought it was a good day, now that I FINALLY found an Artemis at TRU this afternoon. Guys, do whatever you can to get a hold of this figure - She's absolutely gorgeous. Even better than Wonder Woman.
    You're killing me here.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Start Saving Those Pennies...

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/?p=1530

I think it's funny that they couldn't release enough MOTU stuff, but with DCUC a lot of us are like "Hold on Mattel... I don't even have wave (fill-in-the-blanks) yet!!!"
    I seriously love it though. This is how a toyline should be... tons of stuff flying out left and right... it's just too bad you can't find it in plentiful supply anywhere. Makes me miss the toy aisles of the '80s!

Heroic Warrior
    I agree, but the distribution needs to be fixed.

there are lots of people still waiting on the promised wave 2 re-release (with the MA Firestorm).

I don't want to see them left without.

I just finished Grundy yesterday, and plan on moving forward with the next wave.

If I'm looking for wave 4 and 5, it's gonna make things difficult, thankfully, of those two waves, I only need six figures (Plan on trading the Metallo BAF parts for the Despero parts I need, since I don't plan on buying the entire wave 4).

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    That report on AFI appears to be Wave 11 and either Wave 9 or 10 (The Question was already confirmed as appearing in Wave 11). From what I read, Wal-Mart didn't list the figure names for their own exclusive wave in the system, so I think the assumption is that either Wave 9 or Wave 10 is a Wal-Mart exclusive wave (and as such, still unrevealed.)

I'd guess one wave is GL themed. (John Stewart, Katma Tui, The Shark, and possibly Guardian, depending on whether they mean "The Guardian" or "A Guardian", as in "of Oa".)

Glad to see Green Arrow & Black Canary on the way...now if they can just get J'onn and Zatanna!
    "That's very interesting...but silly."