Page 31 of 210 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

Quote Originally Posted by adol View Post
    With all of the obscure characters this line has, I wonder if we'll get a Phantom Stranger?
    I'm sure of it - especially with all the Satellite-era JLA figures already announced.....
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I'd think so. I think we'll see all of the classic JLA, the Legion of Doom, all the primary New Gods, and the core Titans before this line is through.

(But will they get to Zauriel? There's the question!!)
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

The Dr. Fate chase mystery has been cleared up by Toyguru on another board.

The classic yellow version is standard. The gold, more modern version is the chase.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm doing pretty good with this line so far.

I have all of wave one and two, and the ones from three that I want.

I have Cyborg and Batman Beyond from wave four, and I am gonna order Captain Atom, Wonder Woman, and Ares tomorrow.

that just leaves Atom, Black Lightning, and Amazo, and I'm caught up until wave 6 hits.

Is Black Vulcan an option for this line? I'd buy that in a hot second. Hell, I'd buy two.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

I finally got my Catwoman...well a prototype version. But Catwoman none-the-less!!!
    " I have the POWER!!!!!"
    Need:

Batman with the Batsignal from 4H line

Sucessful transactions with: Royalt1us, Jag2045, Zodach, WENDIGO, Burtdawg, Illicitjedi, KingHiss

the more i look at gentleman ghost, the more i wonder: will he be able to move his "head"? and how does the hat stay balanced on his collar?

btw, TNI has hi-res images of the wave 8 figures.

Heroic Warrior
    Is Black Vulcan an option for this line? I'd buy that in a hot second. Hell, I'd buy two.
    No.

none of the TV characters are an option. This is a line for comic characters, and Mattel has stated they have zero interest in producing characters who only appeared on TV.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Black Vulcan is Black Lighting. For some reason, they were not allowed to call him that on the cartoon show. Besides, this Black Lighting looks more hardcore than his 80's incarnation.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    There's a rights thing involved with Black Lightning, but I forget the specifics. It's still in play today...the episode "Double Date" of JLU featured a villain called Mandragora who was evidently written to be Tobias Whale before they had to change it due to the no-Black Lightning-rule.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    Black Vulcan is Black Lighting. For some reason, they were not allowed to call him that on the cartoon show. Besides, this Black Lighting looks more hardcore than his 80's incarnation.
    DC didn't want to pay Tony Isabella royalties for using Black Lightning so they created an identical character they owned outright.
    A Postmodern Man For the 21st Century.

Is there anyone here who wouldn't want a Wonder Twins 2-pack?

I'd be all over a Wonder Twins 2- pack. Marvin and Wendy, too.
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Is there anyone here who wouldn't want a Wonder Twins 2-pack?

Me.

I can't stand that TV only stuff.

The KB figures have been found.......(Not by me though)

EDIT: Mattycollector updated their news page, showing pics of the 4 announced TRU 2-packs - claiming they are available now. (Except that NOBODY's found them) They also added a pic of the upcoming TRU exclusive Infinite Heroes "Battle For Metropolis" 8-pack.

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/...me/pbPage.News
    Last edited by Skullface; November 16, 2008 at 02:33am.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar

I picked mine up on Friday night around 9PM. I saw the case wrapped up with other boxes in front of the toy aisles wrapped up in in plastic. I told a Walmart employee if they could pull the case out and he refused. He said he couldn't let me have the figures until they were on the shelf. He then said he didn't know when that was going to happen and it could possibly be early in the morning or they might not put them up at all. This guy was giving me attitude and I quickly picked up that he was a toy hoarder. He gave away certain clues that said he knew what was in the case.

I told him that I knew the toys were in the database and they were ready for shelved so he could just pull them out. He said I would have to wait until they were shelved. He then said if I tried tearing the plastic wrap and take the case I would be banished from the store.

I wasn't having any of that and I told him I wasn't going anywhere and I'll stay here all night. I also told him that a stock "boy" and I emphasized "boy" can't banish people from a Wal-mart.

During the the time I was arguging with the guy, my wife went and found the store manager. My wife used to work at Wal-mart and she knew how the rules and how things worked. The store manager came and told the stock boy to open up the case and give them to me. I could tell the stock boy wasn't happy about that and he opened the case and handed it to me.

I grabbed the box and told him sorry that he's not going to put these on ebay. These babies are going to be opened and put on my shelf.

It was a good night.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Good for you man!
    How many figures does one case hold as far as this Wal-Mart exclusive thing goes?
    Oh, and for the Infinite Heroes TRU exclusive mentioned on Mattycollector, THAT is indeed on TRU's website right now... however, the 4 2-packs are not

Let's help each other out... if anyone finds these store exclusives online or whatnot, be sure to give a shout-out here (after you order your own first, of course ).

That is awesome bskcase!!!

I know a Walmart manager and he hates it when the stock"boys" do that. He tells them that they have to hit the shelves/pegs before any employee can purchase them.

Still, wish I could find this wave. Further more I'm still working on wave 4, I only have Cyborg from that wave.
    " I have the POWER!!!!!"
    Need:

Batman with the Batsignal from 4H line

Sucessful transactions with: Royalt1us, Jag2045, Zodach, WENDIGO, Burtdawg, Illicitjedi, KingHiss

I just hope I am able to find That Eradicator figure. Can you take a picture of him with out the visor on? Is it a standard Superman head? Or is it like the DC Direct Version and has part of the hair covered?
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Heroic Warrior
    I only want Amazo, Black Lightning, and The Atom.

I could care less about the Eradicator, and Riddler.

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post

I picked mine up on Friday night around 9PM. I saw the case wrapped up with other boxes in front of the toy aisles wrapped up in in plastic. I told a Walmart employee if they could pull the case out and he refused. He said he couldn't let me have the figures until they were on the shelf. He then said he didn't know when that was going to happen and it could possibly be early in the morning or they might not put them up at all. This guy was giving me attitude and I quickly picked up that he was a toy hoarder. He gave away certain clues that said he knew what was in the case.

I told him that I knew the toys were in the database and they were ready for shelved so he could just pull them out. He said I would have to wait until they were shelved. He then said if I tried tearing the plastic wrap and take the case I would be banished from the store.

I wasn't having any of that and I told him I wasn't going anywhere and I'll stay here all night. I also told him that a stock "boy" and I emphasized "boy" can't banish people from a Wal-mart.

During the the time I was arguging with the guy, my wife went and found the store manager. My wife used to work at Wal-mart and she knew how the rules and how things worked. The store manager came and told the stock boy to open up the case and give them to me. I could tell the stock boy wasn't happy about that and he opened the case and handed it to me.

I grabbed the box and told him sorry that he's not going to put these on ebay. These babies are going to be opened and put on my shelf.

It was a good night.
    That's awesome. I hope to have similar luck finding future waves in one fell swoop.
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    I've been to three of the four Walmarts in my area, and none of them even carry the Classics line. In this case, the scalpers will be doing me a favor by putting Wave 5 up on eBay - at least then I have the opportunity to buy them.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Wal-Mart doesn't sell them in my area either. That's good, I guess, since I hate Wal-Mart.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

A Link For Those Still Playing Catch-Up...

I ordered a case of wave four that is on it's way now. Should be here tomorrow and then I'll be on to wave 5...

Which reminds me, I still have an extra Green Lantern from series 3 if anyone wants him... and I'll have an extra Batman Beyond tomorrow afternoon. PM me if you are interested.
    Bill :: guitargod694