Page 41 of 208 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 5176

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

I'd be down for some Wonder Twins...as long as Gleek comes with them too!!!
    This would have to be a two-pack for sure. They could even have few extra assories of them in thier other forms. Like a Bird and a bucket of water.

Chemical, if you take a razor to the squirt and cut along the seams a little you will get a little more movement from Ares.
    " I have the POWER!!!!!"
    Need:

Batman with the Batsignal from 4H line

Sucessful transactions with: Royalt1us, Jag2045, Zodach, WENDIGO, Burtdawg, Illicitjedi, KingHiss

Heroic Warrior
    It's simple. If they've been done in the comics, then I don't mind them showing up in the line.

this is a comic line, Mattel has stated the focus is the comics.

but the fact of the matter is this: I'd rather have Bat Hombre and Crazy Quilt over Zan And Jayna any day.

that's personal preference and my opinion only. But it's an opinion held by a vast majority of DC fans who don't wanna see this line get screwed over in the same fashion DC Direct has.

One-Panel appearances, IMHO don't count for squat. The HB Characters remain the property of HB, and there's little Mattel can do to gain rights to those characters, much in the same fashion that they can't do Filmation characters for MOTUC.

For better or worse, that's definitely off the table at the moment.

as for the rest, I concede that Zan and Jayna were in the comics, and if they were done in a twopack with Gleek, I wouldn't mind it as much as something in the regular line, where I HAVE to buy them if I want the BAF.

I'm not saying I don't want a Nicholson Joker, or even that I don't want YOU to have the figures you want. But there are avenues to get what you want.

Nicholson Joker should be done in the Movie Masters line. I think Reeve Superman and even Adam West should also remain in that line.

I think the Superfriends are done, though. I know that's a bitter pill to swallow, but I think we've got a better chance of seeing Wing, the Hong Kong Cavalier.
    Last edited by capitalzero; December 24, 2008 at 12:38pm.

only two ways I wouldn't mind the superfriends done in the line itself. One is two packs, the other is a target exclusive wave with the BAF being apache chief. Target exclusive because unlike walmart they clearance stuff out if it doesn't sell, they are also more likely to keep selling a line if one doesn't do that well.

Overall I don't care, I just pick up characters I want I don't get whole waves as a general rule, the only one I got recently was because 3 of the 5 characters I wanted.

I do like the way the line as gone though, just some characters I am not going to get personally.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Warrior
    I'm on board for at least one version of every character through wave eight. (I want the classic Mister Miracle, the Morrison Superman, and the Modern Booster Gold, for the record).

which means I'm going to have SEVEN complete BAFs, the only series I don't have anything from at this point, is Five, but only because I can't find them, not because I don't want them.

so far, they've done an excellent job of picking characters. There's only been one figure I hated, and that's Hal Jordan, but that's beside the point. I've purchased at least one version of every character released so far, save for Lightray and Abin Sur.

They've been doing a great job with character selection, and I'm very happy about that. I hope they keep this up. I want every major (and minor) DC Comics character released.

they keep making 'em, and I'll keep buying 'em.

I saw the Wave 2 refresh at Target today.
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

Targets seem to be getting back on the ball now, with the end of the holiday rush. I seriously think that they had something in their computer screwed up, which is why returns got sent to Goodwill, and they weren't getting product in consistently for a while.

My buddy's Target got FIVE cases of Wave 3 on Monday - multiples of every figure, including both variants. Today I stopped at the Target I used to work at, and they must have gotten in like 4-5 cases of Wave 4 recently, as there were no Batman Beyond or Artemis, but 4-5 of everyone else. I'm guessing the flag in the computer system possibly left cases sitting in distribution centers for quite a while, and now with the big toy push to get EVERYTHING out on shelves, is why they're just now showing up. And keep in mind that the toy dept resets should be starting next week or the week after. (The 3 years I worked at Target I always reset the action figure aisles on New Year's Eve because the store was a ghost town that night....)

Still don't think we'll see Wave 6 for a good 3 weeks or so.
    This space for rent, apparently.....

I just hope we see them. LOL I had to get wave 2 and 4 online. Didn't even see these in stores at all.
    " I have the POWER!!!!!"
    Need:

Sucessful transactions with: Royalt1us, Jag2045, Zodach, WENDIGO, Burtdawg, Illicitjedi, KingHiss

Does ayone have information on the characters in each wave? Preferably with pics?? Thanks in advance...

Try this site, they seem to be pretty up to date on DCUC stuff when the info hits.

http://www.dcuc.info/
    " I have the POWER!!!!!"
    Need:

Heroic Warrior
    I'm glad Target's getting back on track, they were a pretty good place for finding figures, and with Killer Moth only 'weeks away' according to Matty, I'm gonna need every avenue to find these things as possible.

ESPECIALLY considering the fact that KB (where I found wave 4) is now out of business.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    I'm well aware of the rights-issue between HB and Mattel, but if Mattel could do Apache Chief, Black Vulcan, Samurai and the Wonder Twins in the same 4H style as the rest of the line thus far, I'd be all over it. (Especially because Samurai was in the Super Powers line, so I'd love to see Mattel hit everybody in the line!)

All I'm saying is that I'd love to see the non-comic Superfriends figures made into 4H-style figures. Does it need to happen? No. Would I buy them? Absolutely. I have no interest in toon-style figures; I'd want every figure in this line in the same scale & style.
    My thoughts exactly.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

I may be hallucinating but I could have sworn I saw the Super Powers style Parademons in an issue of Dr. Fate (Volume 1) in which Darkseid was the main bad guy. I will look for it and post the actual issue number.
    Some of my artwork
    Some more of my artwork
    "When the troll's upon you, you're a mighty fighter."

Thanks to a friend, I was able to get Wave 5! I also picked up the Batgirl/Azrael two pack with the vouchers I got from Mattel. I only needed Azrael. I'm thinking about repainting Batgirl.
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

Last week, some wierd DCUC goings on at Target. I found Robin, Deathstroke and Green Lantern and bought the first 2 for a friend. My husband returned a Batman Beyond Figure back to Target. I had seen a Batman Beyond figure on the shelf of that very Target the week before. When he returned it, they were going to put it in the Restock Bin, and then took it out and said the computer labeled it as defective product and swept it away.

I think this is the reason why this line is so hard to find. There is some crap going on with Target's computers mislabeling products as defective.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

That or the employee wanted it themselves and just said that as they put it off to the side.

I wonder when they say something like that when I return something.
    " I have the POWER!!!!!"
    Need:

Well, they actually had it in the other bin. And it's not the first time I've heard of Target doing that with a figure from this wave.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Well I've read on another board that Wave 6 is now out on the west coast and is up on Ebay as in hand. I just hope I can find that wave. I really want Hawkman, Superman (both versions) and Shazam. They look really great!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Heroic Warrior
    I can't wait for Killer Moth.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by capitalzero View Post
    I can't wait for Killer Moth.

I'm with you 100% on that one...my jaw hit the floor when they announced Moth would be getting a classic-style figure this summer. He's definitely my most-wanted, but I'm also psyched about building Kalibak as well.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

"Calm like a bomb." thexxwatcherxx's Avatar
    I am excited about Hawkman as well. Every past version they have done of him was always off. I have Hawkman and Shazam pre-ordered on Entertainment earth. No more running around for me on this line.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Thexxwatcherxx's Newly Chosen:
    Batman1180~The Godbeast~TheFallen~
    Sword-of-Grayskull~ChrisBryan~

Quote Originally Posted by He-Ro 666 View Post
    I may be hallucinating but I could have sworn I saw the Super Powers style Parademons in an issue of Dr. Fate (Volume 1) in which Darkseid was the main bad guy. I will look for it and post the actual issue number.
    FACT.

I don't know the issue number though.
    A Postmodern Man For the 21st Century.

Heroic Warrior
    Kalibak is definitely another one I want, as well as Mister Miracle.

But Killer Moth is #1 on my most wanted list. I'm gonna get the whole wave, to be sure (I only want Mullet Superman in the classic duds tho).

I kinda want to preorder wave 6 because I'm sick of looking for these figures, but, the paint flubs, and improper assembly issues are keeping me from doing it.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

I recently got caught up in this line. I didn't realize it was so good and honestly never saw any in stores before this Christmas. I was excited to get Black Manta, one of my favorite villains, only to have his joints all stuck. I tried the stupid freezer trick and all it did was make his leg break off (I knew it would be brittle, I guess it just was ready to come off). Thanks a lot, derned internet tips! I should have used boiled water. I've tried ordering him online (cause he was the last one in the store and so far he's only $1 more expensive) but this time I'll just leave him in the package.

Ares is terrific, this figure made me want more the most. Wonder Woman is better than the Marvel super-posable female figures, but her arm had to be convinced to move into a non-awkward position. I can get more of her since she's not selling, so that's not such a problem (but why are little boys still so sexist?). I'm going on line to find all the characters that were released that I never got because clearly my local stores aren't stocking very many (only Target has anything substantial). Dangit, Darkseid is overpriced though. The $50 Doomsday I can pass on since he should be a BAF or nothing.

While I've seen the plans up to wave 8, I hope they'll do the modern Blue Beetle and not just the classic.

Also I hope we get more of the New Teen Titans like Donna Troi Wondergirl and Changeling (Beast Boy). I also hope they can someday do the Connor Kent Superboy--though I'm well aware of the ridiculous legal restrictions currently holding him up. Speaking of young heroes who shouldn't be dead, I hope to get a 4 Horsemen Impulse someday (Kid Flash is coming though, so that's cool for now).

If they really are going to match the Super Powers versions, I can't wait for Steppenwolf, he was always the one I wanted as a kid. Desaad and Tyr ought to be pretty awesome too.

Also I want to see Cheetah, preferable in a form that resembles the Alex Ross/Legion of Doom version.

Overall these are just really great. I see why people wanted BAFs for the MOTUC, as they really fire you up to be a completist. I'd have passed on Captain Atom if I didn't need him to complete Despero.

Heroic Warrior
    Impulse would definitely be fun, I really love most of the Young Justice/Contemporary Teen Titans crowd.

And any way they could do the Connor Kent Superboy would be fantastic.

I'd rather they keep the Artist Specific stuff at arm's length, except for variants (such as Captain Atom), but that Cheetah wouldn't be bad.