Page 61 of 210 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 5246

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I'm kind of mad that we seem to be past the New Gods waves and never once a Desaad, or a Granny Goodness, or a Super Powers Kalibak, or a High Father, or even a rerelease of the DCSH Darkseid. I should be glad about the Orion and Lightray two pack, but the ones I got are defective (Orion's butt cheeks are on his front and Lightray's head is warped so he can only look down).
    Wave 9 will see the release of Mantis - both comic AND Super Powers versions. I believe the rumored list from the Wal-Mart computers WAY back also had Forager & Steppenwolf listed, for what it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by capitalzero View Post
    Kev, are you a repeat Toyrocket customer?

I got ripped off, and screwed over by them.
    I've ordered from them twice and didn't have any issue. What was the nature of your problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Wave 9 will see the release of Mantis - both comic AND Super Powers versions. I believe the rumored list from the Wal-Mart computers WAY back also had Forager & Steppenwolf listed, for what it's worth.
    I was pleased about that at least. Not so much Forager, I'd have traded Desaad for him, but Steppenwolf is the NG I always wanted but never had.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    I've ordered from them twice and didn't have any issue. What was the nature of your problem?
    i ordered a variant figure at a higher price and got the standard figure instead.

in addition, they signed me up for their mailing list, and refused to remove me.

I ended up reporting them to the BBB over it.

Wow, that sucks. Maybe your report made them straighten up their act. I normally order from Big Bad Toystore, but every so often they don't get the waves in when other sellers do, so I end up canceling and ordering from other places like Toy Rocket. And like I said, I haven't had a problem with them so far.

Did you ever get your situation with the variant figure corrected?

Heroic Warrior
    in the sense that I got the figure I wanted?, no.

in the sense that they refunded the difference?, yes.

but they still added me to their mailing list and refused to remove me until I got the BBB involved.

Well, I just got an e-mail last night from Toyrocket that they shipped my wave. So I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that everything comes out all right.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Heroic Warrior
    I hope so too.

I'll never buy from them again, but I hope they've gotten their act together.

I've gotten a few things over the last couple years from them an never had a problem with Toyrocket.

ON the DC note..I will be having a DCSH Supergirl Blue longsleeve version in my collection very soon!!!!

Also, just waitin on the two different Parademons to get into the shop I havet hem ordered through an I will have a complete Giganta wave comin my wave very shortly too!!!
    " I have the POWER!!!!!"
    Need:

Batman with the Batsignal from 4H line

Sucessful transactions with: Royalt1us, Jag2045, Zodach, WENDIGO, Burtdawg, Illicitjedi, KingHiss

Heroic Warrior
    there's only a few from the Giganta wave I must have (Parademon and Gentleman Ghost definitely).

not gonna bend over backwards for this wave, like I did the last.

Seeing as how these an the MOTUC are about the only figures I'm gonna try an collect all of...I'm tryin to be as much of a completist as I can. Not sure how that next Wally wave will go though.
    " I have the POWER!!!!!"
    Need:

Sucessful transactions with: Royalt1us, Jag2045, Zodach, WENDIGO, Burtdawg, Illicitjedi, KingHiss

As long as I like the C&C figure, i'll keep buying every figure in
    a wave.
    Hope the rumor that Doomsday is in the works for a future wave is true.

Yes an no on the Doomsday C&C figure. If they do an all new sculpt for it I'm all for it...but if its just based off of the DCSH Doomsday that will suck.

See, how they could do it is base Doomsday off in the containment suit when he dug his way out. You'd have the five regular figures...maybe what ever figure that comes with the head could have two different heads. One completely coverd and then one that has ither the whole head shown or has some damage to half of it to show the actual face.

Then you have the two chase figures, well these two could come with ither a leg or an arm that has damage to show him. But then again Mattel would probably never do something like that.
    " I have the POWER!!!!!"
    Need:

Quote Originally Posted by Zodac101 View Post
    Yes an no on the Doomsday C&C figure. If they do an all new sculpt for it I'm all for it...but if its just based off of the DCSH Doomsday that will suck.

See, how they could do it is base Doomsday off in the containment suit when he dug his way out. You'd have the five regular figures...maybe what ever figure that comes with the head could have two different heads. One completely coverd and then one that has ither the whole head shown or has some damage to half of it to show the actual face.

Then you have the two chase figures, well these two could come with ither a leg or an arm that has damage to show him. But then again Mattel would probably never do something like that.
    I think the two heads thing is an awesome Idea. I also think that DD should be much larger than the DCSH one. Bulky like Kalibak.
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

Quote Originally Posted by illicitjedi View Post
    I think the two heads thing is an awesome Idea. I also think that DD should be much larger than the DCSH one. Bulky like Kalibak.
    Definitely. The old Doomsday was not only hard to find, but also waaay too small.

Sheboygan,WI(Home of the Worlds Biggest Bratwurst Celebration)
    Ive pretty much given up on this line.I cant find anything I dont have yet on store pegs.I keep finding Cyborg,WW,Hawkman,and Shazam.I read,I think on mattycollector that wave 2 was being re-released sometime soon,as well as other figures from different waves,but they wont have the C&C peices.With out the C&C peices,whats the point.

I have only 3 figures from wave 7,and thats all I can/could find from that wave,and I founf those in a town 35-40 miles away.Mattel needs to put these on their site to buy.When walmart got their exclusive wave last year I went to 7-8 walmarts and none of them had any DCUC.I didnt even find them on their website.This line is distributed like dookie.
    Last edited by BURTDAWG; May 24, 2009 at 03:06pm.
    My active ebay items for sale.http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/taddow...Q_fromZQQ_mdoZ
    --------------------------------------------
    GOOD TRADERS
    jbaw2, Dr.Omega, Andrea_the_cat@yahoo.it, tmcclurg, celticsfan, THEGODBEAST, Venom77713, Royalt1us, racerx, davidlogan, granbeetle, MOTU SAN JOSE 2, prime731,galaxywarrior,Butterflyer,Creasy Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by BURTDAWG View Post
    I read,I think on mattycollector that wave 2 was being re-released sometime soon,as well as other figures from different waves,but they wont have the C&C peices.With out the C&C peices,whats the point.
    Because it's a good marketing manuever on their part. They can keep rotating previously released figures in and out of future waves to allow people who jump into the line at a later date to get figures they missed. Yeah, no BAF part might suck a little, but you're still getting good figures...so what's the problem?

Imagine if someone started collecting right now with series 7. First, they'd have to pick up those 7 figures (or 9 if you include variants) and then they'd have to try to go back and find the other 30 figures (or 42 if you include variants). That's a total of 37 figures (or 51 with variants) right off the bat that a person would be behind if they started picking these up right now and hadn't bought one figure at all yet.

I know in my area right now, mostly all you can find is wave 6 and 7 and some bits and pieces of wave 4 here and there. So the vast majority of people would have to trek to eBay to fill in gaps. Most of them can be found for about or above retail from what I've seen, but wave 5 is pretty expensive for the most part. The last time I checked I saw an Eradicator on there for 55 bucks and there was still over a day left.

I applaud Mattel for making a wise decision to keep refreshing figures. I think they should keep mixing it up like they've done this first round with Batman, GL, WW, Firestorm, Robin, and Captain Marvel. I hope they don't get into rereleasing complete waves like you said you read. One figure from each series or so is pretty good. And hopefully, they'll mix wave 5 into this refreshing thing as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BURTDAWG View Post
    I have only 3 figures from wave 7,and thats all I can/could find from that wave,and I founf those in a town 35-40 miles away.Mattel needs to put these on their site to buy.When walmart got their exclusive wave last year I went to 7-8 walmarts and none of them had any DCUC.I didnt even find them on their website.This line is distributed like dookie.
    Did you try talking to someone in the toy department and see if they had ordered cases of DCUC? Maybe some of the stores in your area just haven't ordered any yet because nobody's asked. I know there are a couple Wal-Marts near me that don't sell them either.
    "Abba Zaba...You my only friend!"

"I am so smart, I am so smart...s-m-r-t....I mean s-m-a-r-t!"

Badass with a bottle Drunken Fist's Avatar
    Honestly, ordering online is the way to go. With distribution the way it is, I would only have 3 complete waves of this line if I hadn't been preordering them online. It's cheaper, too. I paid just under $95 shipped for my set of 8 wave 8 figures that I recieved last week. If I could have even found them all at retail, they would have cost over $100 once tax was added, and I would have wasted all that time and gas driving around looking for them, too. I prefer to buy at retail most of the time, but it's just not feasible with this line.

I'd have to agree. Thats what I did for wave 8. I'm just waiting on the Parademons to come in and then they will be mine!!! LOL

I preoredered the Atom Smasher wave too, but forgot about it. I picked up all but the Booster Gold figure. Then got a call from my comic shop that the case came in...LOL
    " I have the POWER!!!!!"
    Need:

This was actually posted in the Eaglemoss thread but was more pertinent here.

I want more, but not sure if I can keep getting these. If Mattel fixes the DCUC distribution I may cut back alot on these. But man they look nice.
    It isn't really Mattel's problem that DCUC is poorly distributed. They'd be delighted if these were sold in every store in America, but it's up to the buyers for the stores to order the figures, which has been the problem up until now. Most big retailers would rather carry lines based on big summer movies or television series, which reach millions, versus comics which... er, don't. They didn't carry them, because they didn't think the demand was there. I guess they're slowly coming around. I mean, it sucks for fans, but I'm pretty sure adult-aimed collectors' lines still only make up a small percentage of actual action figures sales. They still have to rely on that kid market and kids just don't read comics. The only super heroes they care about are the ones from movies. But like I said, it seems like more retailers are getting on board with DCUC so that's promising.

I'm hopin so too. An just to clearify. The statement "I want more..." is refering to the DC Lead figurines. If the distribution gets better I will probably only pick upa few here an there of the lead ones and get the DCUC figures. Right now its not a problem as a wave comes out and then its months before I even see any new waves.
    " I have the POWER!!!!!"
    Need:

I found a perfect Flash and Kid Flash last night. I'm very happy about it.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm hopin so too. An just to clearify. The statement "I want more..." is refering to the DC Lead figurines. If the distribution gets better I will probably only pick upa few here an there of the lead ones and get the DCUC figures. Right now its not a problem as a wave comes out and then its months before I even see any new waves.
    I know the feeling, but I collect almost all DC lines.

I don't buy EVERYTHING (that'd be impossible) but I get my favorite characters in just about every available form.

Quote Originally Posted by asharachal View Post
    so on an interesting note, i go to my local super target friday night and what do they have on the pegs, but 3 sonic arm cyborgs and 2 unmasked batman beyonds.

nice to finally have gotten the unmasked mcguiness.
    I found these at Wal-Mart on Saturday. Didn't buy them though. I did finally get The Flash and Blue Beetle. Really like the Flash. Now gotanother C&C piece that will just sit on my desk! LOL!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Got wave 6 a few days ago. I really like Kalibak, he's a nice, big chunky figure.

Superman had his biceps on the wrong way round, but it was an easy fix with some hot water.