Page 66 of 210 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 5231

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

15 bucks a figure huh? Yep, I'm out. I'll pick up waves 8-10 and then that'll be it for my collection. That really sucks.
    "Abba Zaba...You my only friend!"

"I am so smart, I am so smart...s-m-r-t....I mean s-m-a-r-t!"

$15 each? That's a deciding factor for me. I'm out... no more DCUC once my currently pre-ordered sets arrive. They are cool figures, but sooo not worth that kind of money with the loose joints that render some figures unstandable and the botched-up paint jobs you sometimes have to suffer through. Unless $15 a pop meant a better quality product, then noooo way. And let's face it, Mattel's not going to improve on these figures to go along with the price hike!

Is there any chance of Mattel looking into other DC characters from sublines such as Vertigo for DCUC?

I am not a DCUC collector but I have Lobo because I like the character and the figure looks good.

I only ask because I would love a John Constantine from Hellblazer and a Spider Jerusalem from Transmetropolitan in the DCUC line (I have the DC Direct versions). Is this at all a possibility?

Maybe even a Tommy Monaghan from Hitman. Obviously they would have more chance at being released as exclusives but I just wanted to know if Mattel has the rights to these characters aswell

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Is there any chance of Mattel looking into other DC characters from sublines such as Vertigo for DCUC?

I am not a DCUC collector but I have Lobo because I like the character and the figure looks good.

I only ask because I would love a John Constantine from Hellblazer and a Spider Jerusalem from Transmetropolitan in the DCUC line (I have the DC Direct versions). Is this at all a possibility?

Maybe even a Tommy Monaghan from Hitman. Obviously they would have more chance at being released as exclusives but I just wanted to know if Mattel has the rights to these characters aswell
    I doubt it. DC keeps the Vertigo characters strictly out of the mainstream DC comics line, so I don't think they'd be included in the toys. Plus, these are toys for kids (technically) and they wouldn't market the darker Vertigo characters to them.

As far as the price increase, $15 is right at what DC Direct figures are and DCUC is much better, so I'll probably stick with them... as long as they keep making awesome figures. With money a little tight, I thought about not getting all of Wave 9, because I don't necessarily want the Chemo build-a-fig and I really don't want The Guardian. I could also easily live without Deadshot. And we'll have to see what new characters they unveil at the conventions.

Heroic Warrior
    Vertigo is a seperate license, from what I read some time ago. So, no, probably no chance at all.
    My buy/sell/trade/wanted/feedback info can be found here:
    http://www.transfotaku.com/wiki/inde...ell/Trade_Info

I was hoping there may have been a loop hole because John Constantine and Tommy Monaghan have both been in the mainstream universe and they both could have been released as exclusives much like Lobo

Hitman's not a Vertigo character, he was mainstream DCU so he has a shot, but I doubt there's enough demand. His comic's been gone for several years now. Lobo may not be as popular as he was in the 90s, but he still has a devoted enough fan base. I don't know that Hitman does.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    As far as the price increase, $15 is right at what DC Direct figures are and DCUC is much better, so I'll probably stick with them... as long as they keep making awesome figures.
    That's my main problem with the price hike. If I wanted to pay 15 bucks or more for a figure...then I'd just go buy DC Direct figures. These were a cheaper alternative (while still being very good figures in their own right) and now they've gone and screwed that up. Meh...I'm just ****** about it is all.
    "Abba Zaba...You my only friend!"

"I am so smart, I am so smart...s-m-r-t....I mean s-m-a-r-t!"

Quote Originally Posted by Old Bolty-Neck View Post
    I'm hesitant to buy this set online since the paint on Brainiac's torso and arms doesn't match on some figures, and I want to be able to see a toy before I buy it in situations like that. Will it show up at retail, does anyone know, or will it only be offered online?
    I looked at mine after reading this and I think it's supposed to look like that. I think both the arms and the torso are the same color, but there is darker purple detailing applied over both parts and it is a bit over-applied on the biceps of my figure. Overall, it all blends together, but the bicep part is a bit too dark. However, I probably wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't read your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Honestly, unless Mattel really pulls out all the stops, the 3&3/4" Infinite Heroes will be done soon. With retailers clearanceing out IH product, I don't see it lasting. Especially when you have the choice between IH & DCUC. While DCUC figures will cost twice what Infinite Heroes are, the quality and detail are vastly superior.
    I agree, their 3 3/4 figures ain't doing well - no surprise, considering the bad quality. But ain't Mattel right now changing their DCIH line into figures with better details and more articulation? That might be an indication that they seriously try to get a foot into the current trend.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

They are. Animal Man will be the first to feature higher articulation and detailing, but I think it's too late. I think the chintzy quality of the initial figures, plus the obscure choices for the first waves really sunk the line from the onset. I will say though, I've continued to buy the characters I've really liked, like 80s Supergirl and Batwoman. Not to mention the bigger names. I just got Batman a few weeks ago. I don't know why! I've repeatedly thought, "I really don't like these! Why do I keep buying them?!" Sad.

yup, looks like after a few more characters i will be out of this line. once my LOD and Super Powers retro collection is complete it is adios to DCUC.

i will only be collecting MOTUC and gijoe now and with joe being a movie line now that pretty much makes MOTUC the only lonely holdout at least my wallet is happy

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    I agree, their 3 3/4 figures ain't doing well - no surprise, considering the bad quality. But ain't Mattel right now changing their DCIH line into figures with better details and more articulation? That might be an indication that they seriously try to get a foot into the current trend.
    yeah they keep saying they are changing the line and adding more articulation but too little is too late. besides the few people that bought into the line are going to be mad i am sure since the new stuff isnt as compatible with older stuff if they change the figures as much as they say(which i doubt)

i still have no idea why mattel thought their 3 3/4 line was good when even compared to any other 3 3/4 line out there. they had horrible sculpts, horrid paint aps, clunky proportions and limited articulation.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Heroic Warrior
    I was hoping there may have been a loop hole because John Constantine and Tommy Monaghan have both been in the mainstream universe and they both could have been released as exclusives much like Lobo
    Well, with Constantine, you got the Vertigo license and the movie license from years back. If you got the movie license, you'd likely be limited to just the movie version and looks, but, well...it's an option. And might allow for more flexibility.

In before: Hasbro puts comic versions in the movie lines! That's cause Hasbro's got the license to do ALL Marvel chars and can put them out how they wish.
    My buy/sell/trade/wanted/feedback info can be found here:
    http://www.transfotaku.com/wiki/inde...ell/Trade_Info

With 1 week left to go before SDCC, I figured I'd just update the current info/rumors that are floating around out there. The Mattel DC panel is next Friday at 11am PDT. In terms of DCUC, they've stated they will show off Waves 10-12, and probably announce a few 2-packs, and the rumored Wal-Mart exclusive 5-pack. Here's what's out there:

Wave 10 (Wal-Mart Exclusive - C&C currently unknown, and supposedly no variants)
    -Man-Bat (confirmed)
    -The Joker (confirmed)
    -Power Girl (confirmed)
    -Batman (most likely a Wave 1 black/gray repaint, but there are rumors of a Golden Age version)
    -Beast Boy
    -Forager
    -Robot Man

Wave 11 - Kilowog C&C
    -Green Lantern (John Stewart)
    -Katma Tui
    -Shark
    -The Question (confirmed)
    -Steppenwolf (50/50 split between comic version & Super Powers version)
    -Deadman (70/30 split with clear/phasing variant)
    -Cyborg Superman (unknown if pure re-issue, or a possible re-tool/repaint)

All the above info that I didn't list as confirmed by Mattel was found in Wal-Mart computer systems, and from e-tailers who have received their order solicitations from Mattel.

There has also been a listing found in Wal-Mart's system for a "DCUC 5-pack". No info has been given on this (to my knowledge) of who would be in it, but best guess is 5 re-issues/repaints. *Maybe* 1 or 2 new figures to help sales. A lot of people are hoping it's a box set re-issue of last year's Wal-Mart wave, minus the Metallo pieces, but others speculate it could be made up of core JL members.

And seeing as how the only 2-packs we've heard about that aren't available yet are the Lex/Supergirl re-issue set and the repainted Hawkman/Hawkgirl set. (Both of which are still iffy to see release) So we should probably get at least the announcement of the next Matty exclusive set, and possibly 2 more sets.

Look for more info on current lines like JLU, Infinite Heroes, Brave & the Bold, and Super Friends (Imaginext, as the chunky figure line is all but dead). Mattel has also stated mention of a new line being unveiled at the show, currently believed to be some sort of tie-in to the "Superman/Batman: Public Enemies" DVD coming this fall.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that people have been finding the Clayface/Batman & Supes/Brainiac 2-packs at TRU the last few days, so they are hitting locally. Hopefully this means Wave 8 will FINALLY hit retail before the month is over.....
    Last edited by Skullface; July 16, 2009 at 08:59pm.
    This space for rent, apparently.....

The Lex/Supergirl set has recently been available for pre-order at a coupla' online retailers.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Matty's latest Facebook update says that in addition to the various DC exclusives available at the show, they will have other DC items from their assorted brands available as well, provided they have already made it to retail. DC Barbies were specifically mentioned, but I have people looking to see if by chance they have any leftovers of the Wal-Mart wave......

*crosses fingers*

EDIT: Sure enough, the Giganta Wave has FINALLY been found today at several midwestern TRUs. Specifically Illinois (YAY!) & Ohio.
    Last edited by Skullface; July 17, 2009 at 10:16pm.

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    I wish the Walmart Batman would be a black repaint with gold symbol oval and utility belt. That would be the perfect Batman figure!
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Badass with a bottle Drunken Fist's Avatar
    I wish the wave 10 Batman was a straight reissue of the DCSH wave 8 Batman that was/is so damn rare, but I figure we're getting the version from the Clayface 2-pack, minus the splatter.
    Wave 8 is finally trickling in to Target and TRU stores, according to various sources around the net. Supposedly there were pics in a couple of spots, so hopefully they'll be spreading across the country soon enough. I've had my set for a couple of months now, but I want some more green Parademons.

Just got these two sets for my birthday..a little early but I don't mind.

and yes...they have been opened since the pic was taken. I just haven't figured out where to put them in the collection.
    " I have the POWER!!!!!"
    Need:

Batman with the Batsignal from 4H line

Sucessful transactions with: Royalt1us, Jag2045, Zodach, WENDIGO, Burtdawg, Illicitjedi, KingHiss

Wal-Mart wave confirmed - Beast Boy, Forager, Batman (black-think Michael Keaton costume), Joker w/a TON of accessories, Power Girl, Man-Bat, & Robotman - CnC Imperiex

Wave 11 confirmed - John Stewart, Katma Tui, Deadman with phasing variant, Cyborg Supes (Corps outfit), Steppenwolf w/SP variant, Shark, Question - CnC Kilowog

2-packs - Matty exclusvies every quarter: Sinestro Corps - Romat Ru & Karu-Sil; Animal Man & B'Wanna Beast

Wal-Mart 5-pack - Batman, Two-Face, Superman, Lex Luthor, & Catwoman (All repaints, except for Lex)
    Last edited by Skullface; July 24, 2009 at 03:14pm.

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    good luck trying to pick up that wave

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    And with that Batman color scheme, my prayers have been answered!

Sorry, DrunkenFist.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

This may be a stupid question, so I apologize, but are the Wonder Twins going to be released to retail? How much are/were they at the con?
    My post count just got bigger.

As far as Matty has said the WT's will just be a con exclusive...but who knows. They did the albino MAN-Bat a while back an he is in an upcoming wave of DCUC figures.

The set is $40 at the con...an the same on Matty.com after the show too.
    " I have the POWER!!!!!"
    Need:

Batman with the Batsignal from 4H line

Sucessful transactions with: Royalt1us, Jag2045, Zodach, WENDIGO, Burtdawg, Illicitjedi, KingHiss

Quote Originally Posted by mkpat View Post
    This may be a stupid question, so I apologize, but are the Wonder Twins going to be released to retail? How much are/were they at the con?
    After the con only on Matty. And without Gleek.