Page 78 of 211 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 5266

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I'm very glad "Classics" in DCUC doesn't mean old-only. I like that Sinestro Corps is here, after all it too will be "classic" in a few years. But I agree about Starfire's flimsiness, and wish Barda had been better. Though I though Black Canary wasn't very good either, so I'm not sure what's the problem with making female characters in DCUC.

I wonder how well classic Blue Beetle and Captain Cold would have sold if they had been Matty exclusives. They are two annoying peg warmers in my neck of the woods, but I don't know why (if not that they're obscure because they're old).
    The women are rather lackluster, aren't they? I certainly agree with Starfire being flimsy. I didn't like how Barda's leg movement was hampered by her skirt and her weapon was a bit too... mature looking. Um, you know what I mean. Black Canary is hampered by her lack of hip joint and her hands are too small. And all the woman so far suffer from slouching posture and you can't do anything to correct that because their long hair prevents it. (Although, Nightwing and Robin also have poor posture and nothing can be done about that either.)

My friend just got his Teela and couldn't stop raving about it. Maybe if that is the case, we'll see an improvement in the DCUC females as well.

As far as the rest, the villains always seem to be the peg warmers, but not just in this series. Villains and women are notorious poor sellers in boys' action lines, which is why they always end up being the short-packs. Poor Killer Moth will probably still be readily available on clearance for the next five years. As far as Blue Beetle, I wouldn't consider him THAT obscure, but maybe others do. (No moreso than Mr. Miracle and Barda and I never see them.)

Around here, Killer Moth, Hawkman, Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman, Dr. Impossible, Batman Beyond and most of all Cyborg are all easily available. Before Kaybee closed, each location had dozens of Cyborgs, gold Captain Atoms and Ares.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    TI didn't like how Barda's leg movement was hampered by her skirt and her weapon was a bit too... mature looking. Um, you know what I mean.
    Oh gosh, and she's got that V-shaped leg stance too.

RE obscurity, I figured Mr. Miracle had the advantage of being in JLU episodes. Even Booster Gold had that funny episode where he had crowd control duty. Blue Beetle has now been in Brave and the Bold, though the Ted Kord version was only in a flashback. I may be foolish to put so much stock in TV appearances, I was never a gamer though and even a tiny appearance on Super Friends made me want the figure of a character back in the day. Back then, show-accuracy wasn't much of a consideration either, so the more recent switch to making show-accurate toys probably ruins the original correlation.

I don't usually see Killer Moth, so the extras must be sent to your area. A version of Batman isn't selling? Wow, he'd sell in my stores. It amazes me to see Wonder Woman so much though, as she's a good figure, the WW animated movie was just out, and collectors would want her. I know girls can be peg warmers (little boys are so shamelessly un-PC), but it's Wonder Woman!

Of course it only frustrates me to see the same ones over and over again and never new stuff.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnnaMot View Post
    Getting back to the replaced Figure thing look at what i found yesterday at Walmart

lol thats horribly AWESOME

i would be po'ed if i found it though... like all excited only to be screaming angry when I relazied it was a repack!

I don't usually see Killer Moth, so the extras must be sent to your area. A version of Batman isn't selling? Wow, he'd sell in my stores. It amazes me to see Wonder Woman so much though, as she's a good figure, the WW animated movie was just out, and collectors would want her. I know girls can be peg warmers (little boys are so shamelessly un-PC), but it's Wonder Woman!
    Sadly, last I read, Wonder Woman is the poorest selling of all the DC AND Marvel direct-to-DVD movies... even that Avengers kids movie sold better. Even DR. STRANGE! DR. STRANGE!!!

Sadly, last I read, Wonder Woman is the poorest selling of all the DC AND Marvel direct-to-DVD movies... even that Avengers kids movie sold better. Even DR. STRANGE! DR. STRANGE!!!
    That's freakin' sad, considering the WW movie is easily the best out of all those straight to DVD offerings....(Both Marvel AND DC)
    This space for rent, apparently.....

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    The WW movie was the best , action , romance , comedy what more can you ask for

Badass with a bottle Drunken Fist's Avatar
    One of the big problems with Captain Cold being such an awful pegwarmer is that he was included in more than one of the case assortments, so a lot more of his figures got shipped than a few of the others in that wave. (They did the same thing with Guardian in wave 9, but that wave's scarcity is preventing him from warming pegs on anything approaching that level).
    The only figures to be found in this city are Cyborg(2 at TRU), Superman red & Jason Rusch Firestorm(Target), and 2 Ocean Camo Aquaman and a single Captain Cold(Walmart). none of these stores has seen a restock since April at the most recent(TRU has had the same figures since right before Christmas!).

My Wave 10 set should arrive next week. Finding it at retail here is not a possiblity, and I haven't really had any luck trading for it online, so I sucked it up and got a set on ebay for a halfway decent price. I traded my extra Clayface for an extra Power Girl over at the Fwoosh, since I need an extra to donate her legs to Black Canary. (I don't like the blue underneath the fishnets, anyway.)

A male lead, apparently. Chauvinism is alive and well, among the fanboys, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Fist View Post
    One of the big problems with Captain Cold being such an awful pegwarmer is that he was included in more than one of the case assortments, so a lot more of his figures got shipped than a few of the others in that wave. (They did the same thing with Guardian in wave 9, but that wave's scarcity is preventing him from warming pegs on anything approaching that level).
    The only figures to be found in this city are Cyborg(2 at TRU), Superman red & Jason Rusch Firestorm(Target), and 2 Ocean Camo Aquaman and a single Captain Cold(Walmart). none of these stores has seen a restock since April at the most recent(TRU has had the same figures since right before Christmas!).
    Oh I forgot Firestorm. Yeah, tons of those too. I think at my Kroger, they also have Cold and Kid Flash... oh and black suit Superman. That ugly thing is just going to linger and linger. Too bad DC didn't have that black suit turn into Super Venom. Then it would be considered "cool." (Which just randomly reminded me, Erik Larsen had one of the funniest takes on Venom, "Help, I'm being attacked by my laundry!")

A Steve Trevor who wasn't a disrespectful pig? A Wonder Woman who used violence as a last resort? An Etta Candy who wasn't an abombination of the character? Modern-day feminism, instead of fanboys take that feminism means women hate men? The script being written by someone who actually knew the character?

That's what I would have asked for.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Just gonna have to disagree with everything you felt was going on with the WW movie then, Kevenn. It was great fun. I'm sorry it's not selling better, it was certainly the best of the DC animated movies and captured that character better than I expected, and I wanted a sequel.

Back to DCUC, so Matty is really dumping the 2-packs already? I can't believe they are already giving up on them rather than putting greater effort into choosing good sets. That silly Ultraman set just wasn't what anyone wanted. They should have put figures in there that wouldn't have been likely to appear in stores, but still very popular to adult collectors. An Amanda Waller and President Luthor 2-pack would have been sweet, or better yet Fire and Ice! I still think people like Lois Lane and Jor-El would have been great for that venue, and Mattel just missed the boat. Now I'll never get a DCUC Maggie Sawyer.

Just gonna have to disagree with everything you felt was going on with the WW movie then, Kevenn. It was great fun. I'm sorry it's not selling better, it was certainly the best of the DC animated movies and captured that character better than I expected, and I wanted a sequel.

Back to DCUC, so Matty is really dumping the 2-packs already? I can't believe they are already giving up on them rather than putting greater effort into choosing good sets. That silly Ultraman set just wasn't what anyone wanted. They should have put figures in there that wouldn't have been likely to appear in stores, but still very popular to adult collectors. An Amanda Waller and President Luthor 2-pack would have been sweet, or better yet Fire and Ice! I still think people like Lois Lane and Jor-El would have been great for that venue, and Mattel just missed the boat. Now I'll never get a DCUC Maggie Sawyer.
    yeah i have to say that mattel really only have themselves to blame on those 2 packs. they could have sold the cyborg superman and mongol pack on there and sold more than all those other packs combined so far.

up until the color of fear/animal instinct packs i had no inteest what so ever in them cause they picked horrible characters in really ALL of their DC pacsk sans the first one with star fire and the wonder twins.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    yeah i have to say that mattel really only have themselves to blame on those 2 packs. they could have sold the cyborg superman and mongol pack on there and sold more than all those other packs combined so far.

up until the color of fear/animal instinct packs i had no inteest what so ever in them cause they picked horrible characters in really ALL of their DC pacsk sans the first one with star fire and the wonder twins.

How about putting figures that people are look 4 , like current characters, im sure people were happy with the star and ultra man 2 pack but , there not big demanding characters to sell out
    the yellow lanters were going to be big for sure , how about a martian manhunter and something thats another good 2 pc lord know how long people are going to with for a martian manhunter to show up on the current wave

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post

Sorry man, but I dozed off at "Cyborg Superman." No thanks! (Also, there are ALREADY two versions of him in this line, the Reign version and the Red Lantern version in the upcoming GL-heavy series!) And Mongul needs to get redone as a C&C, not a regular figure.

I will agree with gbagok though, Fire & Ice is EXACTLY the type of 2-pack that Matty needs to offer. Beloved by die-hard fans, but not well known with the general populous. Done properly, fans would turn out in droves! ("Properly" = BETTER than Starfire, Barda and Black Canary.) Or how about Hawk & Dove? (Either the originals, Hank and Don or Holly and Dawn... or all four?!)

To be honest, John Stewart and Katma Tui would have been better off as Matty exclusives. Is ANYONE clamoring for Katma Tui? With distribution as bad as it has been on this line, supporting characters like that, and nobodies like Killer Moth and The Guardian are certainly not going to bolster sales at brick & mortar stores! Mattel and (don't hate on me) the Four Horsemen might be indulging in their adolescent geekboy fantasies, but this line is STRUGGLING on so may fronts. I mean, they're such big fans of the Super Powers collection that they are doing SP versions of all the New Gods as well as freakin' Cyclotron, for god's sake... but Super Powers lasted THREE waves because the latter waves didn't appeal to a broad enough audience! Learn from the past, folks!

As far as JLU at Target, Waller and Eiling should have been a Matty exclusive, for the exact reason Fire & Ice DCUC's would have worked better. They were a huge part of the show, but aren't costumed heroes or villains. Fans would have gobbled them up, but as mass-market figures, trust me, this will be the greatest peg-warmer in the history of action figures! On top of that, the John Stewart/Fire/Ice three pack, that was ALREADY warming pegs to an unprecedented degree, is ALSO re-shipping along with this set and the Blackhawk/Supes/WW (new) and Flash/WW/Question (old). And yet, still no Cheetah.

I thought the Amanda Waller 3-packs were going to be warming pegs too, but I can't find it - or the Super Friends one. It's the Blackhawk pack that people are skipping because it's only one new character.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    I thought the Amanda Waller 3-packs were going to be warming pegs too, but I can't find it - or the Super Friends one. It's the Blackhawk pack that people are skipping because it's only one new character.
    the only wave i see is the green lantern , fire and ice millions and millions of them , i was thinking of buying everything on the shelf till they restock then bring everything back .lol

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    Yup...that's the plan. Make the 3 packs rare so that they will sell at retail. I saw the Blackhawk pack but skipped it. $15 for one new figure?

Me too! I thought that WW was the best DC animated flick yet.

This news annoys me to no end. Dumping the online 2 packs, based on a slender and flat-chested Starfire and the Earth 3 characters? I could think up 20 better 2 packs in my sleep.

Fire and Ice, Hawk and Dove, Granny Goodness and Kirby Bikini Barda, Huntress and Oracle, Freddie and Mary Marvel, 90's Aquaman and Tempest...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

I wouldn't be surprised to see Mattel change their minds on the 2-packs once the Sinestro Corps & B'Wana Beast/Animal Man sets hit the site. I see those 2 selling much better than the previous offerings. Especially if future 2-packs were to be offered at the current $25 price once the retail singles go up to $14.99 each......

Still looking for Wave 10.........
    This space for rent, apparently.....

My Target got the Public Enemies figs in and I scored a Silver Banshee. She looks good. I was worried about them being TOO cartoony, and the prototypes really did, but in person, it wasn't so bad. I think she'll fit in just fine. I didn't have time to really examine the others and they didn't have Major Force or Black Lightning, but I think the "cartooniness" is toned down slightly from what I previously thought. If I find BL and he looks okay, I will probably get him to replace the former Walmart version.

My Target got the Public Enemies figs in and I scored a Silver Banshee. She looks good. I was worried about them being TOO cartoony, and the prototypes really did, but in person, it wasn't so bad. I think she'll fit in just fine. I didn't have time to really examine the others and they didn't have Major Force or Black Lightning, but I think the "cartooniness" is toned down slightly from what I previously thought. If I find BL and he looks okay, I will probably get him to replace the former Walmart version.
    okay i used a bad example and will agree superman and cyborg are not EXACTLY what i was thinking when i was talking about matty 2-packs but you can't deny that the CS/Mongol 2 pack sold better than all the matty 2 packs and i'd say that CS is more desired than most of the figures up on matty for DC right now. however he IS coming out in his Sinestro corps(not red lantern, sorry had to be a nerd and be nitpicky lol) uniform so alot of people will be a bit happier now.

fire/ice, hawk/dove. these are natural two packs that should have been down. the GLs in wave 11 would have been good as well. lex/superman from earth 3?????? um..no. they have REALLY screwed it up though when doing the first few JLU releases. i am glad i never collected JLU especially with the whole buying multiple supermen, batmen etc to get 1 new figure..eesh

major force and black lightning are not out yet.

they will be released in a "second wave" with a superman and batman with a dif paint deco.

i REALLY hate that they are doing this because they are shooting themselves in the foot with these ideas. not alot of [people like buying figures not knowing if and when they will find the rest of the wave then again that is what being a DCUC collector is all about

Finally found Silver Banshee today. It looks like Wave 11 will be arriving soon, though. Fwosh Wave 11 Pics I can't keep up with these waves.
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

Sigh. That Deadman variant is ridiculous. Why not just make them all with translucent extremities? Or all solid. That goes along with my gripe about Wildcat black/blue. Such a tiny difference that no body really seems to care one way or the other about. Alternate costumes, now that is a big deal. I am one of those that wants the New Gods in their Super Powers attire, while I know many others prefer the original comic book versions. A better variant would have been John Stewart in his original uniform with or without a mask (Crisis on Infinite Earths). THAT would have been worthwhile.

King Kahn, you're right about CS. I think his costume being mostly red threw me.

Back to Silver Banshee real quick, my initial reaction was disappointment that she, like so many of the women in this line, appears really frail. Seriously, they need to add some width to their arms. She's mostly re purposed from Harley Quinn who should be smaller and more waifish, but most female heroes and villains need to be a bit sturdier. It's tricky not making them too bulky and manly, but just making their arms a tad thicker, but not necessarily more muscular would really add some substance.

HOWEVER, I will say she is probably the most poseable female in a long while. Her upper body movement isn't hampered by her long hair like WW, Hawkgirl or Black Canary. They did her hair sort of flowing off the top of her head then down (probably to accommodate her tall collar), leaving a bit of room so that she can actually move and pivot her head in the full range of motion. Her torso, likewise is freed up to move a lot more than the others. It may have all been a happy accident, like I said, to accommodate her collar, but hopefully they will realize this improves the play-ability of the figure and will try making future female figures more like this one.

My only real gripe with Silver Banshee (and all of the Public Enemies figures) is the soft plastic Mattel used. It's horrible!

I would really love to see the DCUC females use a body like Teela's. As they are now, they're so slagging skinny.

Quote Originally Posted by Slayor View Post
    My only real gripe with Silver Banshee (and all of the Public Enemies figures) is the soft plastic Mattel used. It's horrible!

I would really love to see the DCUC females use a body like Teela's. As they are now, they're so slagging skinny.
    I did notice the soft plastic, but it isn't the first time. I think Black Canary is the same way. I've definitely noticed that rubbery plastic in this line before.

I've noticed before, too, but the PE figures seem to be even worse quality.

Sigh. That Deadman variant is ridiculous. Why not just make them all with translucent extremities? Or all solid. That goes along with my gripe about Wildcat black/blue. Such a tiny difference that no body really seems to care one way or the other about. Alternate costumes, now that is a big deal. I am one of those that wants the New Gods in their Super Powers attire, while I know many others prefer the original comic book versions. A better variant would have been John Stewart in his original uniform with or without a mask (Crisis on Infinite Earths). THAT would have been worthwhile.
    i DEF agree with this whole part here. i REALLY think the deadman should have just been the phasing variant and nothing else, just like gentleman ghost. there is no need for a 2nd one. if they would have made the non phasing one glow in the dark AT LEAST there'd be a reason to get it. i would rather the WHOLE figure be translucent but that it a dif beast all together.

with GL they could have done an easy head swap, better yet you could have one WITH from and one without.

i also collect the super power versions of the characters especially the new gods since that was how i was introduced to them...however the comic steppenwolf looks pretty cool as well.

one thing i noticed is if you buy all the comic versions of the new gods you have ALOT of green on darkseid's side