Page 81 of 210 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 5246

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    I just realized there isn't a villain in Wave 15. Wonder if that has any significance. What does the SC after Batman's name mean? I'm drawing a blank, but I'm not thrilled about yet another Batman in the series. I understand why they do it, but they're worthless to me. At this point, I've removed all the variant Batmen and Supermen from my shelves.
    The C&C for Wave 15 could be a villain. A lot of rumors going around that Doomsday will be redone.

As far as Batman SC goes, I think it's either Sinestro Corps or Superman Composite. (Of course, it could also just mean stupid costume or silly costume....)
    This space for rent, apparently.....

I would LOVE Zatana!

I just found waves 9 AND 10 today! YAY ME!
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

More speculation:

They think that the Martian Manhunter wave is actually Wave 16, and Wave 15 will be another Wal-Mart wave. Here's the line-up info they're listing:

Phantom Stranger
    Felix Faust
    Platinum (w/Tin pack-in)
    Samurai
    Hawk (Hank Hall)
    Dove (Don Hall)

While there's a total lack of a headliner/SuperBats character in that wave, I'd LOVE all of those. (Probably least excited for the Metal Men, as I know next to nothing about them) Seeing as how they only list 6 figures, I'm sure the unnamed 7th figure will be more of an A-lister. (I honestly have trouble believing Wal-Mart would be cool with this "obscure" of a line-up for its exclusive)

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    More speculation:

They think that the Martian Manhunter wave is actually Wave 16, and Wave 15 will be another Wal-Mart wave. Here's the line-up info they're listing:

Phantom Stranger
    Felix Faust
    Platinum (w/Tin pack-in)
    Samurai
    Hawk (Hank Hall)
    Dove (Don Hall)

While there's a total lack of a headliner/SuperBats character in that wave, I'd LOVE all of those. (Probably least excited for the Metal Men, as I know next to nothing about them) Seeing as how they only list 6 figures, I'm sure the unnamed 7th figure will be more of an A-lister. (I honestly have trouble believing Wal-Mart would be cool with this "obscure" of a line-up for its exclusive)
    You're missing Lead (also of the Metal Men), supposedly in this wave too. This is a OK line-up - but I'm assuming maybe Wal-Mart will start getting the WGSH in their boxes too, because there's no headliner, and I can't see them not having a Supes/Bats character.

One thing bugs me, though - in the three leaked waves, there are a total of what, 3 villains? Tyr, Felix Faust, maybe Starro or Doomsday as a C&C?
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

I love the upcoming (rumored) line ups, yay for Tyr and Martian Manhunter, but Felix Faust in a Wal*Mart exclusive wave? Only 30% Zatana in the Perez costume? Dangit!

ATTENTION: starting friday all DC product on matty is on sale!!! go check it out.

oh man i can not WAIT!!!!! if theses waves are true they are gonna rock.

a TYR??? a PHARAOH!!! A SAMURAI!!!!! that is some SP LOVE right there. all i need is apache chief and toyman(which i am surprised he hasnt been announced)

I wonder who the BAFs are? i hope we get a new doomsday since the old one was on the puny side and since we got a new darkseid we are due for one.

if the BAFs are amazing i will buy the waves with no regrets otherwise i will just get the SP figs, Martian manhunter and a couple others.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    ATTENTION: starting friday all DC product on matty is on sale!!! go check it out.
    Actually, it started today at noon Eastern.....

I wonder who the BAFs are? i hope we get a new doomsday since the old one was on the puny side and since we got a new darkseid we are due for one.

if the BAFs are amazing i will buy the waves with no regrets otherwise i will just get the SP figs, Martian manhunter and a couple others.
    The 2 most heavily rumored BAFs are Doomsday and Elastigirl.

Actually, it started today at noon Eastern.....

ah my mistake. thought it was friday. either way i am gonna get that color of fear set now.

yeah i had heard those 2 were the largest rumored BAFs but until i get confirmed info i won't get my hopes up.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Helen Parr?! I love me some Holly Hunter goodness, but I thought Disney bought Marvel, not DC. Oh, Mattel was a common factor though...
    (disclaimer: I know it's a different character)

They should make it Elongated Man. Then follow it with Guy Gardner, Fire, and Ice all in one wave.
    Last edited by gbagok; November 26, 2009 at 10:40pm.

a TYR??? a PHARAOH!!! A SAMURAI!!!!! that is some SP LOVE right there. all i need is apache chief and toyman(which i am surprised he hasnt been announced)

I agree, a CNC Doomsday is a must at this point. I'd also love to see Apache Chief done as a CNC.

Got Booster Gold and Blue Beetle today.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

illicitjedi found a Beast Boy for me this weekend!!! He is made of AWESOME!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

I gotta say, I'm pretty happy right now... I added the DC Superheroes Brainiac and the Wonder Twins to my collection today.

Bang your head!!!
    I came across wave 10 last week and picked up Power Girl on Friday!...

I searched and searched on Black Friday because there were rumors that Wave 10 would be out by Black Friday in other areas... But no luck as usual. http://www.infinitehollywood.com/200...report_30.html
    Toys, Movies, TV Shows and more reviewed at the pop culture mega site... INFINITE HOLLYWOOD.

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MossMan710179 View Post
    I came across wave 10 last week and picked up Power Girl on Friday!...
    MossMan, I have a bit of a favor to ask...

A few months ago a lot of us talked about wanting to change the title of the thread to "DC Universe Figure Discussion" to reflect the name change to the toyline and the broader scope of discussion that's been going on. I PMed TheShadow and to still haven't gotten a response. Then I asked Havoc directly in the thread (about 20 pages ago) and still haven't gotten a response. Would you be able to change the name for us, or do you know to whom we could go for the name change? We appreciate the help!
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Seems one of the Walmarts near me. Wave 10's peg warmers is being Batman and Power Girl. Who knew?
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

I can't get to a Walmart, so no Wave 10 for me. I'm planning on waiting until after XMas and ordering them from eBay.

However, I was at Target and found the Apache Chief, Black Vulcan and Samurai JLU 3-Pack. I hope all of these guys make it to DCUC eventually!

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    However, I was at Target and found the Apache Chief, Black Vulcan and Samurai JLU 3-Pack. I hope all of these guys make it to DCUC eventually!
    Samurai's a given, since he was in Super Powers. The other two are probably less likely, but given some of the obscure characters rumored, neither would surprise me.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    Samurai's a given, since he was in Super Powers. The other two are probably less likely, but given some of the obscure characters rumored, neither would surprise me.
    A large number of characters from the aborted fourth wave of Super Powers have either been part of DCUC or are planned, such as the the Wonder Twins, 80s Vigilante, Kid Flash, Deathstroke, Obsidian, Blue Devil and most recently rumored Samurai and Golden Pharaoh. Since Black Vulcan (and El Dorado) were also planned for wave 4, the Four Horsemen and Mattel may want to continue filling in those gaps. Here's hoping! And you can't have Samurai and Black Vulcan without Apache Chief! If they can make it into JLU, they could certainly make it into DCUC!

I won't hold my breath on Rocketman, Howitzer and Silicon, however.

Wasn't there also a robot Superman planned for the Super Powers line?

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    There was a 50th Anniversary Superman planned, with the blue tights replaced by gold. I always thought it would be a neat figure.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Actually, I'd be pretty surprised if they don't end up doing a BAF Apache Chief for DCUC.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Isn't Black Vulcan just the Hanna Barbara version of Black Lightning anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Wasn't there also a robot Superman planned for the Super Powers line?
    Yeah, it was Superman's 50th (or "Golden") Anniversary, so there were lots of Superman-related figures planned, the gold costumed version with Flying Action, a gold repaint of the Super Mobile, a golden collector's case in the shape of Superman's upper body (similar to the Star Wars C-3PO case) plus a Robot Superman figure (the ones that used to guard the Fortress of Solitude, Pre-Crisis), Bizarro, Supergirl (inaccurately in her late 70s-early 80s hot pants, poofy shirt costume), Metallo, Mxyzptlik, a deluxe Superman figure with armor (part of a larger subset) and a new Super Glider mini-vehicle.

I still remember writing Kenner, asking them to make Supergirl (in her then-accurate headband costume... she had her own Super Powers choose-your-own-adventure type book, after all!) and they wrote me back, politely saying they had their own designers and didn't the help of an 11 year old comic dork, thank you very much. Not in so many words, naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeofEternia View Post
    Isn't Black Vulcan just the Hanna Barbara version of Black Lightning anyway?
    Tony Isabella claims that since he created Black Lightning, if Hanna Barbera had wanted to use the character, he'd have been owned royalties. This may be true, and may also explain why BL wasn't used on JLU, but if so, this is a totally unique situation. I do know Marv Wolfman and Georhe Perez received royalties for the Teen Titans cartoon starring Cyborg, Raven and Starfire, three characters they created, so it's entirely possible that Black Lightning falls under the same category.... however, I don't think other characters like Blue Devil, Booster Gold and Firestorm are the same. I don't know all the technicalities and legalities.
    Last edited by Wonderboy_JMB; December 2, 2009 at 12:12pm. Reason: Additional info