Page 87 of 207 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137187 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 5168

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    Thats going to be the big news from the upcoming toyfare magazine

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Fantastic wave (although I could do with more villains); I just dread the thought of having to vie with Wal-Mart exclusivity. Outside of seeing one black-suited Batman, once, I never saw any of Wave 5 or 10 on the pegs - had to ebay them both.

Still, Humanite looks great, and GL and Zatanna in particular are welcome additions!
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Wait, no Perez Zatanna variant? SHAME!!!

Is this for sure another wasted Wal*Mart wave?

They all look great. I agree about Zatanna, if they don't fix that vest i'll have to repaint her myself.

Just confirmed by Toyguru that this IS, unfortunately, a Wal-Mart wave.

Already?! That's just sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Wave 14 pics I found: (not mine)

http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/w...n18/photo2.jpg
    http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/w...n18/photo3.jpg
    http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/w...n18/photo5.jpg
    http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/w...in18/photo.jpg

They all look awesome, EXCEPT I'm not digging the yellow vest/corset on Zatanna. Hopefully they'll make it black or dark blue for release.....
    i CALLED it. i called ultra humanite the sec i saw the new packaging. he was on it.
    i REALLY want tyr and ultrahumanite. UH looks like he has grodd's arms but most of the other parts look new.

i wish tyr's arm was bigger.

i may use kamandi as a custom Adam.

sadly i will have to buy them all if i want UH.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    Just confirmed by Toyguru that this IS, unfortunately, a Wal-Mart wave.
    yeah that does suck but at the same time this last WM wave wasnt that hard to get at all.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Wait, no Perez Zatanna variant? SHAME!!!
    To the best of my knowledge, no variants have been announced. Considering that it now IS the Wal-Mart wave, there probably won't be any. (If it's like the 2 previous Wally waves)
    This space for rent, apparently.....

To the best of my knowledge, no variants have been announced. Considering that it now IS the Wal-Mart wave, there probably won't be any. (If it's like the 2 previous Wally waves)
    correct. there are no variants for wave 14 as it is a walmart wave.

Hopefully, that means that classic Perez Zatanna will be part of the main series. (Let an old man hope.)

Most look great, but I can't help thinking, "Because NO ONE demanded it... Kamandi!" Next they'll be tossing out a Kirby OMAC.

I hope with Obsidian's introduction that they add more Infinity Inc members. I remember as a kid thinking they were the coolest looking heroes around. I'm guessing Jade is a safe bet, but the others might be too obscure.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    Hopefully, that means that classic Perez Zatanna will be part of the main series. (Let an old man hope.)

Most look great, but I can't help thinking, "Because NO ONE demanded it... Kamandi!" Next they'll be tossing out a Kirby OMAC.

I hope with Obsidian's introduction that they add more Infinity Inc members. I remember as a kid thinking they were the coolest looking heroes around. I'm guessing Jade is a safe bet, but the others might be too obscure.
    Toyguru's made it pretty obvious over the last year or two that Kamandi is one of HIS most wanted figures, so that's probably, at least in part, what got the figure made. He does seem to be pretty niche.

The flipside to this, at least for me, is that Ambush Bug is another of Toyguru's wants - so hopefully I'll own a Bug figure before too long!

Well, the Brave and the Bold TV show sort of reintroduced Kamandi to fans too, so I sense a calculated effort to make an obscure character familiar. His figure looks okay, but I'd rather get the reptile and cat men from his universe. Martian Manhunter will apparently be the dead last Super Powers figure to be released. Really surprised there haven't been any Manhunters yet.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Wave 12 is going to be on Mattycollector.com March 15th.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Could make for an interesting Mattycollector 4-pack an Evolution of Batgirl.

Have Batgirl (Babs), Oracle in the chair (From the DC Direct Birds of Prey 3 pack if they can get the molds) Cassandra Cain Batgirl, and the latest ugh Stephanie Brown Batgirl, it would hardly cost them a thing in tooling to get this done as Babs and Cassie have already been done, as has Oracle, just re-release them
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

Quote Originally Posted by MOTUfan View Post

Have Batgirl (Babs), Oracle in the chair (From the DC Direct Birds of Prey 3 pack if they can get the molds) Cassandra Cain Batgirl, and the latest ugh Stephanie Brown Batgirl, it would hardly cost them a thing in tooling to get this done as Babs and Cassie have already been done, as has Oracle, just re-release them
    I don't like the first Barbara Batgirl, so I'd prefer a newly sculpted one. (I also want them to stop making their females with teenie-weenie baby hands. Can we make that happen?) I suggested a while back that they could easily do a new sculpt of Barbara as Batgirl and do a variant of Kate Kane as Batwoman, since they have basically the same costume. (Of course, BW's costume has been slightly modified by JH Williams, making it less like Barbara's old costume, but still...)

I'd SOOOOOOOO much prefer the original 50s Kathy Kane Batwoman and Betty Kane Bat-Girl over Cassie Cain and Stephanie Brown. (I'd say I was the only person who'd want them, but I would have thought that about The Wonder Twins and Gleek and people went nuts for them!)

I also want a newly sculpted Supergirl, but I don't want the current belly-tee version. (Note to comic artists: Belly tees died ten years ago! Stop drawing women wearing them!) If they could do a "classic" Batgirl/Supergirl two-pack, that would be AWESOME!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Wave 12 is going to be on Mattycollector.com March 15th.
    Where'd you see this news?

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Well, the Brave and the Bold TV show sort of reintroduced Kamandi to fans too, so I sense a calculated effort to make an obscure character familiar. His figure looks okay, but I'd rather get the reptile and cat men from his universe. Martian Manhunter will apparently be the dead last Super Powers figure to be released. Really surprised there haven't been any Manhunters yet.

According to Wal-Mart's computer system, Martian Manhunter and Golden Pharaoh are in Wave 15. Since the system's been pretty spot-on thus far, it seems encouraging.

So if the rumors are true that Plastic Man is this year's SDCC exclusive, then Samurai will actually be the last of the released Super Powers figures to be included in DCUC. (Unless, of course, we count a 'classic' DG Robin.)

But yes, J'onn is way overdue - looking forward to him. After him, the only other huge gap in my set is Poison Ivy. They're the last two absolutely-must-have-or-the-line's-not-complete for me.

I'd SOOOOOOOO much prefer the original 50s Kathy Kane Batwoman and Betty Kane Bat-Girl over Cassie Cain and Stephanie Brown.
    Honestly the DC Superheroes Cassie was spot on and really does not need a refresh. And really I like the idea of the '50s Bat-Girl and Batwoman instead of Steph and Cassie. The Batwoman from the 52 line was perfect and I think it is in scale to the Classics so they don't really need to update unless they really want to make a version of her latest costume.
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    According to Wal-Mart's computer system, Martian Manhunter and Golden Pharaoh are in Wave 15.
    Well, to be technical, there was a large gap of product numbers between what is now Wave 14, and the remaining 7 characters found in the system. Speculation points to a Target exclusive wave, but there's no concrete info.

The next group of characters found in Wal-Mart's system are:

Raven
    Martian Manhunter
    Jemm, Son of Saturn
    Mento
    Batman SC
    Golden Pharaoh
    Starman

With Raven winning the Fan Choice poll, logic would denote that the above wave, if correct, would be 15. But with the possibility of another store exclusive wave, it could very well wave 16.

There was also a list posted at another site a while back with speculation on the remaining characters in the gap. They listed the following:

Phantom Stranger
    Felix Faust
    Platinum (with Tin pack-in)
    Lead
    Hawk
    Dove
    Samurai

Have no idea what the basis was for the list. Could be rampant speculation, or insider info. With 3 Metal Men included in 1 wave, it seems highly suspect. (read: false)
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Well, to be technical, there was a large gap of product numbers between what is now Wave 14, and the remaining 7 characters found in the system. Speculation points to a Target exclusive wave, but there's no concrete info.

The next group of characters found in Wal-Mart's system are:

Raven
    Martian Manhunter
    Jemm, Son of Saturn
    Mento
    Batman SC
    Golden Pharaoh
    Starman

With Raven winning the Fan Choice poll, logic would denote that the above wave, if correct, would be 15. But with the possibility of another store exclusive wave, it could very well wave 16.

There was also a list posted at another site a while back with speculation on the remaining characters in the gap. They listed the following:

Phantom Stranger
    Felix Faust
    Platinum (with Tin pack-in)
    Lead
    Hawk
    Dove
    Samurai

Have no idea what the basis was for the list. Could be rampant speculation, or insider info. With 3 Metal Men included in 1 wave, it seems highly suspect. (read: false)
    not sooo suspect if you take one of the metal men and put it in the previous wave. mattel could have shuffled things around to the point we get 2 metal men(3 actually but 1 is a pack in) in 1 wave

The Tin pack-in sounds suspect. Why wouldn't they make him as a separate figure? They didn't make Kid Flash a pack-in with The Flash, just because he was a smaller figure. But it wouldn't be unprecedented to have three Metal Men in one wave, considering we got three Green Lanterns in the last set, with John, Katma and Killowog as the c&c. The Metal Men wave would make more sense if Platinum and Tin were separate figures with Lead being the C&C.

The oddest thing about that proposed wave is... the headliner is who exactly? Phantom Stranger?

The Tin pack-in sounds suspect. Why wouldn't they make him as a separate figure? They didn't make Kid Flash a pack-in with The Flash, just because he was a smaller figure. But it wouldn't be unprecedented to have three Metal Men in one wave, considering we got three Green Lanterns in the last set, with John, Katma and Killowog as the c&c. The Metal Men wave would make more sense if Platinum and Tin were separate figures with Lead being the C&C.

The oddest thing about that proposed wave is... the headliner is who exactly? Phantom Stranger?
    Because Tin is often drawn as very tiny when compared to the others - he'd be only Mxyzptlk or Ganthet-sized, and not really big enough to be carded on his own, so it makes sense they'd release him packed with a female character.

That, I assume, is the logic - until something official is announced, though, I'm just guessing.

My only complaint about these upcoming rumored waves, as well as recent waves - I really need to see some more classic villains!

If I were to dig WAY back in this thread I could probably find my post asking about Manbat and being told he was canceled. Imagine my absolute joy in finding him last week at a local walmart on the way home from work! Words cannot express how much I love this guy.

As my personal favorite Batman villain, I can't get over what an amazing job was done on this figure. I couldn't be happier with it. In fact. It's the centerpiece of a very small display collection right now.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

Quote Originally Posted by MOTUfan View Post

If Batgirl gets re-released, Mattel would need to up the figure's size a bit. The Batgirl sculpt was done for the DC Superheroes line, which eventually was rebranded as DC Universe Classics, and those older figures are not in scale with the figures Mattel is doing now; they are way too small.

Also, Mattel has never released an Oracle action figure. The only one was done by DC Direct, like you mentioned, and it was not very good. Couldn't even look up!
    Last edited by Teelor; February 9, 2010 at 02:04pm.
    I want to smurf your smurf.

Many of the DCSH figures have been incorporated into DCUC without re-dos...so far, I count Batgirl, Azrael, Catwoman, Two-Face, Clayface, Man-Bat, Bizarro, Mongul, Cyborg Superman, and an upcoming Supergirl/Lex Luthor (armored) two pack. (Actually, with the exception of Man-Bat, they've all been in 2-packs or multi-packs). They look fine with the DCUC figures.

The Clark Kent sculpt, for example, from DCSH, has been used as the buck for Riddler, Two-Face and the Question so far. (Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not crazy about the proportions on it because it makes the shoulders hunched, but it's the right height to match up with DCUC.)

At any rate, I'm pretty sure there won't be any Matty-exclusive sets in the near future, from what they've said about being disappointed in sales in '09.