Page 89 of 209 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139189 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 5203

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

The Justice in the Jungle 2-Pack is sold out, naturally before I could buy one.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Quote Originally Posted by adol View Post
    The Justice in the Jungle 2-Pack is sold out, naturally before I could buy one.
    Sorry you didn't get one, but I'm glad it sold out along with the Color of Fear set. I didn't want either one, but after the poor reaction to Adam Strange/Starfire and Earth 3 Luthor/Ultraman, there was a serious risk that Matty would abandon the exclusives. Since reaction to these two was stronger, that leaves the door open for more. Also, considering how obscure Animal Man and (even moreso) B'Wana Beast are, that's a positive sign that even the more out-there choices could be possible.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

Arrrghhh! Mattel has struck again! They replaced nekkid Cheetah with the modern Dodson costume.

I prefer the naked Barbara Ann Minerva.

While it's good to get the current Cheetah that's appearing in the comics, Mattel should have left her naked, since that's what they showed the fans. We knew Superboy was changing, but they should have just released a clothed Cheetah later, rather than change it on fans who were expecting the naked version.

However I hope Mattel releases the naked Cheetah sometime later.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

Arrrghhh! Mattel has struck again! They replaced nekkid Cheetah with the modern Dodson costume.

I prefer the naked Barbara Ann Minerva.

While it's good to get the current Cheetah that's appearing in the comics, Mattel should have left her naked, since that's what they showed the fans. We knew Superboy was changing, but they should have just released a clothed Cheetah later, rather than change it on fans who were expecting the naked version.

However I hope Mattel releases the naked Cheetah sometime later.
    I definitely would have prefered the version we've already seen (not because she's naked, but because she looked more feral. ) After seeing the tank top/pants look, I may forego the variant in favor of just getting classic Cheetah.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

yeah i bet they changed her cause they are worried about parents thinking she was "nekkid"

maye they can do a release of her on matty?
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Got all my Wave 12 figures from my LCS tonight. The weird thing is, my LCS (which is one of a 9 store chain) received 33 cases, and out of the 330 figures, there were only 5 regular Spectres. The other 25 or so were all the glow-in-the-dark variant.

Regardless, I LOVE this wave! Mary Marvel's face isn't nearly as bad looking in person. Looking forward to Wave 13 and the new 2-packs. Of which, I have read on other forums that the Supergirl/Lex set is showing up at TRUs. Even though I already have both those figures from DCSH, I'm tempted to grab the set anyway just for the kryptonite pieces that are included.

Here's hoping we at least get some kind of surprise at Toy Fair this weekend....

I don't mind the change so much to the modern Cheetah. I'm sure the "nude" version will make it out in a Wonder Woman 2-pack or another box set sometime. Sorry for those of you who prefer the first version.
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Thanks to being "hard to shop for" I got some Wal*Mart gift cards for my birthday, which I used to order the Gotham City 5-Pack. I should have it the same week as Trap Jaw and Battle Cat!
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    Hopefully, that means that classic Perez Zatanna will be part of the main series. (Let an old man hope.)

Most look great, but I can't help thinking, "Because NO ONE demanded it... Kamandi!" Next they'll be tossing out a Kirby OMAC.

I hope with Obsidian's introduction that they add more Infinity Inc members. I remember as a kid thinking they were the coolest looking heroes around. I'm guessing Jade is a safe bet, but the others might be too obscure.
    Hold your tongue I'd likes me a Kamandi
    Gives me all the Kirby figs you can

That's not even the Dodson costume of the Cheetah. That the low-rent generic brand version of that costume from "Salvation Run." The Dodson version of that costume was not a two-piece costume. It was a one-piece that had a belt with a cheetah print, as well as panels in the inner thighs that were Cheetah print. She also had shoes.

This is just the day-shift street walker version of that costume. FAIL.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

I like the way Cheetah looks. I like her better like this than the nude one.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

Guy Freakin' Gardner.

Zatanna has the best legs in all DCUC.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

That GL 5-pack is gonna be great. Looking forward to Guy & Tomar. But because of the parts reuse, it better not cost more than last year's 5-pack.

I wonder how much different the finished Zatanna figure will look compared to the 2-Up. (They're usually worse, and I still don't like the yellow) Cornboy confirmed that she will have the same hip articulation problems that Black Canary had.
    Last edited by Skullface; February 15, 2010 at 02:07am.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guy Gardner was a figure i was desperate for and now hes going to be in a wal-mart 5 pack that sucks-I wonder if they'll re-issue him as a single figure

JAG2045
    My feedback
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=108414
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=jag2045
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=117706

Great traders: Blue-jackal/Fneh(2)/Daz/Royalt1us/Evil-Orko/Buythepower/Booster/Adora/Zodac101/tokyonever/lemure77(2)/Vess(2)/Scorpia/Buzzsaw Hordak/miscus555/tmc1984/General Hawk 7

Wow, so it's official, Kyle has been snubbed.

They'd better make up for this by also making the Kyle version of Parallax and not just the Hal version.

The last Wal*Mart 5 pack was actually easy to find for me, I hope this is the same way.

These figures all look great, and I'm definitely happy that Guy's making his way to shelves, but the fact that both Wave 14 and the 5-pack are WM exclusives is not going to be fun for me.

The only way I got the last 5-pack was because someone hid one in a WM about an hour away from me, and early one Sunday I was able to drive out there and locate it. Never saw the 5-pack again. Never saw wave 5, and as for wave 10, saw the Batman once.

So here's hoping Wave 14 and the 5-pack won't be as much of a pain in the butt!

Otherwise, the Wave 14 figures look great, but Zatanna is by far the stand out in the wave for me.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Wow, so it's official, Kyle has been snubbed.

They'd better make up for this by also making the Kyle version of Parallax and not just the Hal version.

The last Wal*Mart 5 pack was actually easy to find for me, I hope this is the same way.
    Do you really think there won't be a Kyle Rayner in this line? Green Lantern is the biggest property DC has going in it's comics and they just announced an entire GL boxed set. Not to mention the fact that this line is including such (relative) obscurities as the Doom Patrol, Metal Men and Kamandi. I predict a Kyle GL will be announced sometime this year.

In the Q&A posted on Fwoosh, Scott said 2011 is going to be a GL heavy year. (In anticipation of the movie) If Kyle doesn't show up in Wave 15 or 16 this year, I can guarantee he'll make it out next year in some form or another.

I'm sure Guy will make it out as a single All-Star release once the 5-pack is off shelves, similar to the Supes & Bats from last year's 5-pack. Power Girl & Joker are also getting re-released, so I guess Mattel had some clause in their new Wal-Mart exclusivity agreement to allow them the option of refreshing certain A&B-list characters.

Still waiting for news on if/when the Wave 5 figures will get re-released. (Preferably WITH the Metallo pieces)

Do you really think there won't be a Kyle Rayner in this line? Green Lantern is the biggest property DC has going in it's comics and they just announced an entire GL boxed set. Not to mention the fact that this line is including such (relative) obscurities as the Doom Patrol, Metal Men and Kamandi. I predict a Kyle GL will be announced sometime this year.
    Did they have to make him last? Bad enough he got demoted from Ion and relegated to a cameo in JLU, ya know?

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Did they have to make him last?
    Not to play Devil's advocate, but of the 5 earthly GLs, he WAS the final one to debut.....

*runs & hides*

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Not to play Devil's advocate, but of the 5 earthly GLs, he WAS the final one to debut.....

*runs & hides*
    this post does have alot of logic
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post

*runs & hides*
    Actually, I agree. That is true!

I'd like them to make more multicolored Lanterns. I DEFINITELY want a Saint Walker! And DC Direct figures are so limited compared to DCUC, so I'm holding off on that one, hoping that Mattel will make him at some point. Maybe a Saint Walker/Indigo-1 Matty two-pack?

I predict Kyle will be an individual release (could be mass-market, or possibly store exclusive) but I think he'd work nicely in a two-pack with Jade. That could be the only way they make her as part of the line.

On a different note, I am NOT digging the open mouths on some of the newly unveiled figures, specifically Alan Scott, Tomar Re and Obsidian! Sculpted teeth never look good on a toy (unless they're monster-like sharp teeth or something), plus why so angry? The existing figures all have fairly neutral expressions, so these grimaces on some of the newer ones don't fit... plus, Alan Scott isn't an angry guy. I could see it on some characters, but not him. With Obsidian, I assume it's to give him some distinguishing feature in the mouth area, but it just doesn't look good to me. Eh, just my two cents.

Hopefully will get 50/50 split with Kyle in his first (Last of the Lanterns) costume and his more modern (Rebirth/Sinestro Corps) costume

JAG2045
    My feedback
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=108414
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=jag2045
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=117706

Great traders: Blue-jackal/Fneh(2)/Daz/Royalt1us/Evil-Orko/Buythepower/Booster/Adora/Zodac101/tokyonever/lemure77(2)/Vess(2)/Scorpia/Buzzsaw Hordak/miscus555/tmc1984/General Hawk 7

Actually, I agree. That is true!

I'd like them to make more multicolored Lanterns. I DEFINITELY want a Saint Walker! And DC Direct figures are so limited compared to DCUC, so I'm holding off on that one, hoping that Mattel will make him at some point. Maybe a Saint Walker/Indigo-1 Matty two-pack?

I predict Kyle will be an individual release (could be mass-market, or possibly store exclusive) but I think he'd work nicely in a two-pack with Jade. That could be the only way they make her as part of the line.

On a different note, I am NOT digging the open mouths on some of the newly unveiled figures, specifically Alan Scott, Tomar Re and Obsidian! Sculpted teeth never look good on a toy (unless they're monster-like sharp teeth or something), plus why so angry? The existing figures all have fairly neutral expressions, so these grimaces on some of the newer ones don't fit... plus, Alan Scott isn't an angry guy. I could see it on some characters, but not him. With Obsidian, I assume it's to give him some distinguishing feature in the mouth area, but it just doesn't look good to me. Eh, just my two cents.
    No, I agree with you - not digging the open-mouth look, especially on Alan. I prefer something nice and "vanilla" for display purposes.

And while I'd be all over Saint Walker or Jade, the two GL characters I most want to see are Atrocitus and especially Larfleeze - but I think it might be a while before we see those since DCD is obviously going to want to get as much out of those two as possible. (I haven't seen an Atrocitus for under $20 yet, and Larfleeze hasn't been released yet.)

Hmmm... so this Gygor character has me wondering... this was an obscure prototype that never made it into the original Masters line, right? Well, with DCUC, the Horsemen are admitted Super Powers fanatics and the SP character Cyclotron has already been unveiled. I figured that maybe he'd made the cut due to a loophole, since DC DOES have a character named Cyclotron, just not this one. But with Golden Pharaoh also rumored, PLUS SP Wave 4 characters like the 80s Vigilante, John Stewart GL, Man-Bat, Kid Flash, Deathstroke, Metallo and the Wonder Twins already part of DCUC, and with Blue Devil and Obsidian coming up... what are the odds that the Horsemen might shock us by including some other Wave 4 characters in this line, like Manhunter and The Atomic Knight (both of whom would look SWEET as DCUC figs) or even original characters like Quadrex, Howitzer, Silicon and Rocketman? Any chance? I mean, obviously there are tons of legitimate DC COMICS characters that I want to see made, but I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to these odd-balls being added maybe one per wave or something. I think it'd be pretty neat, actually!

Of the rest of Wave 4, I figure it's only a matter of time before The Creeper pops up. I'd LOVE Supergirl in her poofy blouse/hotpants outfit. And I'm somewhat confident that more of the Super Friends (Black Vulcan and El Dorado were slated to be in Wave 4) will show up, now that the Twins are already part of the line, Samurai is rumored to be coming and he, Black Vulcan and Apache Chief have already been made as JLU figures.

Wave 15 lists are going 'round the net. E-tailers have supposedly gotten their hands on the line-up, and it mostly goes by what we already thought, with 1 notable exception. (If it's true)

Wave 15:
    Martian Manhunter
    Martian Manhunter variant
    Jemm, Son of Saturn
    Sinestro Corps Batman
    Starman
    Starman variant
    Raven
    Golden Pharaoh
    OMAC

If correct, looks like OMAC knocks out Mento for the wave, so Doom Patrollers will have to wait a bit longer. No word on the C&C yet, but DP fans can always hope for Elasti-Girl.....