Page 9 of 211 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    DC classics is going to be based on comic book styles through the ages. DC superheroes will be Justice League Unlimited and Batman Superman. That is why the classic Batman will be put into the classic line. It all really the same thing. The figures will be in scale with one another.
    Thank you very much bskcase! They all sound awesome! I really love the Four Horsemen DC lines and the Justice League Unlimited stuff.

Take Care,
    Darren
    Mattel please, buy the He-Man and She-Ra cartoons from Entertainment Rights. If you owned Both Filmation related "MotU" cartoons, plus "NA" and "MYP" cartoons, you would be able to distribute any or all 4 cartoons to Television in the lead up to another relaunch or a live action movie. Plus, you could include Filmation and "NA" animated characters in "MotU:C"!

Long Live 'MOTU'!

Snake, Snake, SNAAAKE!! Spider-01's Avatar
    Did anyone get the SDCC Exclusive Man-Bat? I didn't attend the con but I won one off of eBay and I just received it. This thing is sweet! I love the packaging, it's pretty impressive.

Oh and another thing...pretty much the last figure I need to be up to date is the recently released 6" Cyborg Superman, but has anyone seen how much he's going for on eBay?! He's easily going for $60-$80! Why so much? Any chance he'll go down in price?

**EDIT**

Has anyone ever ordered any cases of figures from bigbadtoystore.com? I saw this case http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...84&mode=retail and it seems very tempting. However, a case of 6 where each of the 6 included figures is different seems very "un-Mattel", so I wanted to know how good that site is about delivering on what it has advertised. Do the cases usually ship when they say they will? Are the figures listed usually the ones that actually ship in the case? Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Spider-01; August 2, 2007 at 04:59pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-01 View Post
    Did anyone get the SDCC Exclusive Man-Bat? I didn't attend the con but I won one off of eBay and I just received it. This thing is sweet! I love the packaging, it's pretty impressive.

Oh and another thing...pretty much the last figure I need to be up to date is the recently released 6" Cyborg Superman, but has anyone seen how much he's going for on eBay?! He's easily going for $60-$80! Why so much? Any chance he'll go down in price?
    I think it is just because he is brand new. He will likely come down in price, give him about 3-4 weeks I bet. Unless you find a fairly decent buy it now.

Brent
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

So is the name change to DC Classics going to prompt the stores that do not carry DC SuperHeroes to carry DC Classics (ie. Zellers in Canada)? No stores in my area stock these things so that's why it has taken me so long to get into this line. I recently recieved four figures (Superman, Bizarro, Scarecrow, and Killer Croc) in the mail from TRU and they are fantastic. I'm not a fan of Scarecrow because he's so skinny (I was on the fence about getting him), but the rest are beautiful (especially Supes). I can't wait until I get more, and hopefully some stores in my area will stock the new line next year.

As for that case from BBTS, it might be legit since Mattel has said they want to fix the case ratio issues. Don't know for sure though.
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Awesome, I just found the Cassandra Cain Batgirl

Can't wait to get the rest

Brent
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

Court Magician
    I just found the 6" Cyborg at Big Lots they also had Steel and a bunch of Supermans they also had a bunch of the Old Batmans from the old Batman line

Lycan
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTUfan View Post
    Awesome, I just found the Cassandra Cain Batgirl

Can't wait to get the rest
    Is that the one entirely covered in black? Face n all?
    I was shocked to find one of those at Forbidden Planet and have Two Face and Clayface on the back of the card They weren't there though
    What next? It seems every month lately there is something..

Bang your head!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Havoc View Post
    Is that the one entirely covered in black? Face n all?
    That be her...
    My art blog:
    http://jeremypeerboom.blogspot.com/

The Power and Honor Foundation:
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Big Lots seemed to be the surprise winner of the week. I scored a Steel (Both versions) and the Cyborg Superman. Not to mention Hawkman and Joker JLU packs.

It funny how you find things where you least expect them. I just hope that the rest of the retail stores pick up that there is a demand for these figures.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Snake, Snake, SNAAAKE!! Spider-01's Avatar
    I went to the only two Big Lots around me but there was no sign that DC Superheroes were ever even there. The only thing any stores around me are carrying anymore are the JLU line. All the stores that still had a few old Superman figures around have completely cleared their shelved of the 6" figures altogether. I hope they're just clearing out old stuff for now and will be putting up new stuff later on. There hadn't been any new figures in my area since the Lex Luthor wave around here really.

Heroic Warrior
    There's only one Big lots really close to me and they have almost nothing in toys. remeber when people were finding Superhero Showdown figures there? Well they had zip. Yet if I waste some time and gas and drive to the ones far from me I'll probably find something.

jiM
    Great traders: The_Seanestro, Dark Sorceress, Malakai9999, class316, The New Old He-Man,
    bone982, jah757s, JeMaBo2, Heh-man, etmartin, sdilks
    Bad Trader: Box of Keldor Heads

I check big lots about once a month or so to see if they have any surprises. But then my walmart surprises me with some of the stuff they put on clearance (about half the stuff they put on clearance they hadn't carried at walmarts normal prices).
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Badass with a bottle Drunken Fist's Avatar
    The local Big Lots never has anything, and I never go there. Today, however, I had to go fill out paperwork for my new job. I needed a notebook afterward, so I went to Big Lots only because it was right there. I swung by the action figures just for the hell of it, and there was a section newly filled with Mattel DC stuff! The JLU figures, including the 3-pack I've been wanting that contains that new Joker and a repack of Black Canary. there were also a bunch of comic-style Batman and Joker 2-packs for $12, and several pegs worth of Batman variants for $7. But of most interest to me were the two pegs containing DCSH figures! I saw a chrome-plated Steel and a Parasite right away, so it was obvious which wave it was. I dug through expecting to find nothing I wanted, as usual. Darkseid, Mongul, black costume Superman, and suddenly there he was! Cyborg Superman!! The same one that's going for $80 on Ebay! And here he was, in a store, for $9! I can't believe the luck. I really thought I would never see him in a store, and wind up paying at least $20-30 for him if I ever got him. I'm gonna have to start checking there more often now. I'm hoping they'll get the newest Batman wave soon, since our TRU and Wal-Mart stores here haven't gotten any of it.

Court Magician
    I Just read over at TNI the build a figure for wave 2 of the new DC Classics will be Gorilla Grodd

Bill :: guitargod694

Badass with a bottle Drunken Fist's Avatar
    I really hope Mattel follows through on their intentions to improve the distribution of this line. That's the only negative I can see, as everything else is coming together nicely. I just want to see the Flash soon! I love the BAFs so far, I hope they continue that. Pity about the short-packed variants, but at least I prefer the standard versions of all that they've shown so far.

Quote Originally Posted by guitargod694 View Post

Oh wow! Those are freakin sweet!!!
    Can't wait to get that Harley Quinn!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

if they continue on with waves like that line will last quite awhile. Sure there will be some waves I only pick up one or two figures, but many I will pick up most of the wave.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Yeah, if they improve the distribution, then this will be perfect. I want Harley and Black Manta and BOTH Aquamans!!!!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I'm glad that DC and Mattel finally got enough sense knocked into their heads and realized that there is a demand for these figures. From word of mouth at the Wizard Con, Mattel is putting great effort into their distributions and better case ratios. Older figures will probably appear again mixed in with other waves and the new figures will be evenly distributed.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    Honestly, I'm really disappointed by this news. Figures have been very hard to find lately - so does that mean the variants for this line will be even rarer? I do not need a repeat of the Marvel Legends line when it comes to variants.

And honestly, who cares about Superman Red/Blue anymore? That storyline was - no exaggeration - ten years ago, and it wasn't the hottest idea back when it aired, either. Instead of giving us those figures, why not Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, or someone we've actually been dying for? Aquaman's fantastic, but he could have waited another wave or two while the real big guns get on the shelf.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

I'm not really excited about wave 2, but they all look pretty nice. The only ones I can see myself getting are Aquaman and Harley Quinn. I don't really care for Grodd either.

EDIT - The reason why I don't want anybody else is because I don't know who they are. They should really include a comic to give you some backstory, since I'm sure other people will feel like me and not want to get the obscure characters.
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

I'm glad they are getting around to making a Superman Blue and Red figures. As a collector I want to see all the versions from the comic especially a real hunter/prey version. I hope further down the line we an eradicator to with my cyborg, steel and dc direct superboy.
    WATCHA GONNA DO WHEN HULKAMANIA RUNS WILD OVER YOU

Wow Aquaman looks great! The variant head is how i wished He-Man would have looked. Or at least Prince Adam. I just hope the distribution is fair on these. I want them all! Now where is my Wonder Woman? Any idea if they will be making 2 packs again? I still wish they would make a Lois and Clark set. But this time make a new body sculpt for Clark. The Two-Face body is to thin.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban