Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official news for: REAL GHOSTBUSTERS toy line by Mattel

Official news for: REAL GHOSTBUSTERS toy line by Mattel

I know it's premature but just wanted to start this thread so people can post news and pictures about the announced Real Ghostbusters line by Mattel. I SOOOO can't wait for this!

if they put as much effort into it as they did he-man then i'd s ay yet. but considering their past efforts, I don't have high hopes for it...
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

actually I was hoping for Filmation Ghostbuster to get made, do you guys think those characters would be feasable as convention exclusives?
    But I'm a fan of the Real GB too, I used to watch the animated series a lot and I'm a fan of slimer
    Good news indeed
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    Whats next ?

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    I'll be interested to see how they turn out. I bought the movie Ghostbuster toys but eventually sold them all because I just didn't care for them as much as I thought. I still have all my original Real Ghostbusters by Kenner, and I think the cartoon makes for better toys (as much as I love the movies).

Will these be revealed soon?

i used to watch this a lot too growing up. heck, i think this might be a close 2nd next to he-man for me. i have tons of toys including a proton pack which i wore and pretended to be peter venkman! hahaha. good times.

i am so pumped and excited to see the action figures! they said 2015 will be the year it will be released or revealed. my feeling is they will reveal it on the next con coming up.

thats cool.,...hopefully they are in the same scale as the movie GB's... and perhaps we can get an Ecto-1..????? prob not tho...
    : We are honored to have with us a revolutionary of a different caliber. He has revolted. Resisted. Fought. Held fast. Maintained. Destroyed resistance. Overcome coercion. The right to be a Person, Someone, or Individual. We applaud his private war and concede that despite materialistic efforts he has survived intact and secure. All that remains is recognition of a Man.

Since Janine got a spot in that mediocre Retro line, maybe we'll actually see her in this line too. I want a good season 1 Janine figure to go alongside the rest. Don't care for any of the ABC season versions of her and I doubt many do. Kenner made 4 versions of her and only one was semi-decent(and still botched by being in a cruddy purple suit with brown hair). Being she was as much of a main character in the cartoon as the 4 guys, she deserves to be in this line.

The fact it's Mattel and not Hasbro gives me hope they'll put her in it.

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    Since Janine got a spot in that mediocre Retro line, maybe we'll actually see her in this line too.
    Wow! more Mego hate I guess you have to be the age to get it...

Between Mego's and the 12" Joe's we wouldn't have a 6" line,3 3/4" etc.

It's proven popular but like the Retro DC line Mattel didn't put a lot of effort into the line to do better...

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Wow! more Mego hate I guess you have to be the age to get it...

Between Mego's and the 12" Joe's we wouldn't have a 6" line,3 3/4" etc.

It's proven popular but like the Retro DC line Mattel didn't put a lot of effort into the line to do better...
    I don't hate Mego. I hate the lousy bodies Mattel used. They lacked any sort of bicep/elbow swivel which would've been beneficial to holding their proton guns properly. The rubber bands might also be vintage Mego design, but it can go if it means losing the floppy legs which Mattel's bodies suffered from. Janine didn't have rubber band legs and she stood just fine while the others were floppy messes that seemed to rely on gravity to do the work. I suppose the uniforms could've also been tailored a bit better to the bodies.

I hope we get "Cathulu," somehow. Misspelling and all.

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
    I hope we get some Slimer Toothpaste and Ecto-Cooler!

Advocating for a New Adventures Mini-Sub!
    Quote Originally Posted by Triklops 1 View Post
    actually I was hoping for Filmation Ghostbuster to get made, do you guys think those characters would be feasable as convention exclusives?
    But I'm a fan of the Real GB too, I used to watch the animated series a lot and I'm a fan of slimer
    Good news indeed
    Ah, man... that would be a dream come true!

I have a special love for the Filmation Ghostbusters, as well as an affinity for the "Real" Ghostbusters. Put them together, and it would be total ecstasy!!

ghostbusters mix.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
    Yes!! Collect call of the Cthulhu is one of the absolute best episodes in the whole series!

I would love figures based on this ep.!
    Masters of the Universe and ThunderCats - together for the first time! Pure AWESOME!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Queen of the evil Horde AlexisLasek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    I'll be interested to see how they turn out. I bought the movie Ghostbuster toys but eventually sold them all because I just didn't care for them as much as I thought. I still have all my original Real Ghostbusters by Kenner, and I think the cartoon makes for better toys (as much as I love the movies).

Will these be revealed soon?
    They said we would see them at Toy Fair last I heard as they will be released in the fall!
    I now have a toy review site!/

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Ah, man... that would be a dream come true!
    I have a special love for the Filmation Ghostbusters, as well as an affinity for the "Real" Ghostbusters. Put them together, and it would be total ecstasy!!
    Yeah, I'm hopeful, Mattel still owns the rights as part of the Classic Media deal for MOTU.
    its just FILMATION , that studio simply produced some of the best 80s cartoons with very cool characters. Bless Lou.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisLasek View Post
    They said we would see them at Toy Fair last I heard as they will be released in the fall!
    Great news! This year NYTF will be interesting, MOTUC will play a major part as an avid motu-fan but I can foresee many surprises by other brands. Finger crossed for Shredder and Krang classics final deco, MP transformers news what else....TC mezco reveals?
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    Whats next ?

I don't hate Mego. I hate the lousy bodies Mattel used. They lacked any sort of bicep/elbow swivel which would've been beneficial to holding their proton guns properly. The rubber bands might also be vintage Mego design, but it can go if it means losing the floppy legs which Mattel's bodies suffered from. Janine didn't have rubber band legs and she stood just fine while the others were floppy messes that seemed to rely on gravity to do the work. I suppose the uniforms could've also been tailored a bit better to the bodies.
    True those bodies did suck I put them on re-mego or like bodies

That makes me wonder if they are really going to do it justice because they had/have the 6" DC license and look how that turned out...
    Last edited by Megalodon; February 1, 2015 at 04:09pm.

I hope they include characters from the late 90's Extreme Ghostbusters too
    A PONY!!!

"I think it's time to admit the truth, I never grew out of wanting to be a vampire slayer... and probably never will"

MattyCollector, innovators in redefining honestly and transparency since 2015

Heroic Warrior
    Wow I'd forgotten about this. Are we for sure getting an announcement in February? Is it too much to hope that they've learned their lesson and will give us some actual ghosts?

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarliehog View Post
    Wow I'd forgotten about this. Are we for sure getting an announcement in February? Is it too much to hope that they've learned their lesson and will give us some actual ghosts?
    mattel caring enough to learn lessons... hahaha! so glad frozen has knocked barbie down a peg ;o).
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    That makes me wonder if they are really going to do it justice because they had/have the 6" DC license and look how that turned out...
    You mean hundreds of different characters, Four Horsemen sculpts, super articulation, 6" scale, detailed paint, etc? I hope the RGB line goes half as deep as the DC line. Sure, it had its issues, some things were hit or miss, but it's definitely one of the best modern toy lines.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarliehog View Post
    Ghosts are a lot of unique tooling, nothing has changed since the movie line, I'd be surprised if we saw a lot of ghosts.

Wait wait- are these going to be mass retail or that Matty Collector junk I will never bother to order from? I'm not buying these at $30 shipped or more apiece. At those prices I'd be be better off buying the old Kenner stuff.

Wait wait- are these going to be mass retail or that Matty Collector junk I will never bother to order from? I'm not buying these at $30 shipped or more apiece. At those prices I'd be be better off buying the old Kenner stuff.
    I don't think anything official has been announced, I was assuming it would be only on Mattycollector, but who knows.

Advocating for a New Adventures Mini-Sub!
    Quote Originally Posted by goluphi View Post
    I don't think anything official has been announced, I was assuming it would be only on Mattycollector, but who knows.
    I tend to agree... it seems geared toward an online-only Matty deal, ala MOTUC. After all, what else is going to keep Matty.com in business?
    Masters of the Universe and ThunderCats - together for the first time! Pure AWESOME!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

i am not sure about matty online only. i remember seeing the real ghostbusters 12" line hitting my local toys r us but didn't bother picking them up because they're like barbie dolls which i hate and its mixed media.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Given I liked the cartoon even more than the movies, I'd be interested in this line. Just not sure how they could do it. If it's something on Matty, it would need a LOT of built in re-use, and I see far less in this version than the movie line. You would actually need a different body, or at least torso, for Ray, and Egon should really have a bit thinner build than Peter and Winston. Not much re-use in the ghost department, either. Sandman and Samhain were both robed characters, but I don't really see how you could use the same body for both; they had very different builds.

Here's hoping it's something good.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Personally, I hope these are similar in size and articulation to the previous movie Ghostbusters figures. Obviously, they will still have aesthetic differences but I would prefer to display them together.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal