Thread: Official Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi movie thread

Official Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi movie thread

Disney/Lucasfilm just revealed the title for ep.VIII, "The Last Jedi."

Let the speculation begin!

Link:
    https://www.yahoo.com/movies/star-wa...162106603.html

So.... who exactly is the last Jedi??
    Where are the rest of my New Adventures Classics figures?!?!?

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

The title has to be referring to Luke Skywalker. I suppose there could be more than one Jedi.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    The title has to be referring to Luke Skywalker. I suppose there could be more than one Jedi.
    I agree with this. As of the last movie, no one else was trained as a Jedi other than the Sith. There could be more that have the power of the force, but none trained as Jedi that I know of.

Heroic Warrior
    Or it could be that Luke dies and in the end Rey becomes the "last" Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    I thought pretty much the same. Luke becoming one with the Force and Rey becoming some sort of new order Jedi, something new (probably more balanced between both sides of the Force) as no Sith are in this new saga but Knights of Ren.

I still hope that the following big spoiler rumor is not true though

Rey being a child of the Force as Anakin was, created by the Midiclorians
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    I thought pretty much the same. Luke becoming one with the Force and Rey becoming some sort of new order Jedi, something new (probably more balanced between both sides of the Force) as no Sith are in this new saga but Knights of Ren.

I still hope that the following big spoiler rumor is not true though
    From what I have read, Rey is

Anakin reincarnated

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I'm going to guess BB-8. The new film will introduce the concept that droids can now learn to use and manipulate the Force.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    ^ I think it is this.

Seems fine, but it rankles me a little that the Jedi are still exctinct with Luke as an old man. He had ONE JOB after RotJ! Also it burns a little that so much important history happened between episodes. They ought to have called it Episode 7.5, or heck, Episode 10 with a note (7-9 are lost, you should have liked Howard the Duck and Willow more, buy more toys and we'll think about animating them).
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

My theory; the film title doesn't refer to an individual, but instead to the heroes realizing that as long as there are Jedi's there will be Sith. The only way to end the cycle of light side / dark side wars is to end both sides (or, perhaps, to merge both sides - which could add a redemptive angle to Kylo Renn), thus finally fulfilling the prophecy established in THE PHANTOM MENACE of the one that will bring balance to the Force.

Or something...

Quote Originally Posted by Amentep View Post
    My theory; the film title doesn't refer to an individual, but instead to the heroes realizing that as long as there are Jedi's there will be Sith. The only way to end the cycle of light side / dark side wars is to end both sides (or, perhaps, to merge both sides - which could add a redemptive angle to Kylo Renn), thus finally fulfilling the prophecy established in THE PHANTOM MENACE of the one that will bring balance to the Force.

Or something...
    Ack! But what kind of solution is that? To stop Evil, Good just shouldn't exist either? Mediocrity for everyone! I can see the Jedi needing to change their approach (drop the no romance policy for a start), but letting them stay dead now is for me a betrayal of the promise and hope that Luke (and the original trilogy) embodied. I'd rather there was no ST than go that way with it. I suspect a lot of fans may feel that way already though, I'm sorry if I'll end up being one of them.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Ack! But what kind of solution is that? To stop Evil, Good just shouldn't exist either? Mediocrity for everyone! I can see the Jedi needing to change their approach (drop the no romance policy for a start), but letting them stay dead now is for me a betrayal of the promise and hope that Luke (and the original trilogy) embodied. I'd rather there was no ST than go that way with it. I suspect a lot of fans may feel that way already though, I'm sorry if I'll end up being one of them.
    But good exists without there being manipulations of the force - there are loads of good (and bad) people in the ST films who aren't actual force users. The 'light side' and the 'dark side' could exist but in a distant theory. What would end would be the institutionalized manipulation of the force for the 'good' of a group.

But then I'm almost certainly 100% wrong, since I'm sure Disney want to tell more Jedi - Sith tales.

Master of New Adventures!
    I'm still trying to get over how old Luke looks.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    I think it's a combination of these... yes, Luke Skywalker is the last Jedi (still... ) but will die in Episode VIII after passing the mantle to Rey, his daughter. Then she becomes the last Jedi and sets off on a journey to turn Kylo to the light (or, kill him.)

Alternate theory: after being trained by the now deceased Luke Skywalker, his daughter Rey sets out to find the only person who can complete her training... Mara Jade, Luke's onetime love and mother of Rey.

Also, if either of the rumors that He-Kal and Rhanen posted turn out to be true... I will officially be done with Star Wars.
    Where are the rest of my New Adventures Classics figures?!?!?

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

the real question is when will it be the LAST damn recycled star wars movie?! damn you disney
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Actually, who are the Last Jedi?

The Spanish official title has been revealed as "Los Ultimos Jedi", in plural.
    So, Luke & Rey maybe? Finn? Snoke? Kylo? Ahsoka?
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

It is pure fan speculation, but I've read some interesting theories on who Ezra Bridger from Rebels might be in these movies.

Master of New Adventures!
    I realize I'm treading on Tar Swamp ground here, but it's germane to the issue.

In several Star Wars posters there are representations that can clearly be interpreted to be crosses. (Yes, I know sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.) Regardless of whether one is a believer or not, Star Wars' producers and directors know the Bible contains some of the best dramatic stories.

I will suggest that it is possible that Luke will die, this 'rising' to form The Trinity in The Force, with Darth being The Father, Luke being The Son and Obiwan -- who we have already seen in ghostly apparitions -- being The Holy Ghost. Again, I could be waaaaay off on this and reading far too much into it, but much of the concept of The Force is theological, so I'm not sure if it's too far of a stretch.

Apologies to mods if I've overstepped, although I will point out I'm not taking a theological position on this, but am merely making an observation and am not taking a side on belief vs. non-belief as I have always been a defender and respectful of everyone to make their own choice on that issue.
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; February 17, 2017 at 06:24pm.

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    I realize I'm treading on Tar Swamp ground here, but it's germane to the issue.

In several Star Wars posters there are representations that can clearly be interpreted to be crosses. (Yes, I know sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.) Regardless of whether one is a believer or not, Star Wars' producers and directors know the Bible contains some of the best dramatic stories.

I will suggest that it is possible that Luke will die, this 'rising' to form The Trinity in The Force, with Darth being The Father, Luke being The Son and Obiwan -- who we have already seen in ghostly apparitions -- being The Holy Ghost. Again, I could be waaaaay off on this and reading far too much into it, but much of the concept of The Force is theological, so I'm not sure if it's too far of a stretch.

Apologies to mods if I've overstepped, although I will point out I'm not taking a theological position on this, but am merely making an observation and am not taking a side on belief vs. non-belief as I have always been a defender and respectful of everyone to make their own choice on that issue.
    The Jedi philosophy is a syncretism of Taoism, Zen Buddhism, and Zoroastrianism. Its closest parallels would be to Eastern mysticism, not any of the Abrahamic faiths.

Totally Dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    Actually, who are the Last Jedi?

The Spanish official title has been revealed as "Los Ultimos Jedi", in plural.
    So, Luke & Rey maybe? Finn? Snoke? Kylo? Ahsoka?
    Itīs the same with the German and the French titles.

Itīs plural and so it could revere to Luke, Rey, Ezra and anyone else who might become a Jedi.

And like the last unicorn said:

There has never been a time without unicorns. We live forever! We are as old as the sky, old as the moon! We can be hunted, trapped; we can even be killed if we leave our forests, but we do not *vanish*. Am I truly the last?

I think same goes for Jedi(s).
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Hawke *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither