Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

Hybrid View

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar

DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

It seems that, despite the neighboring distribution center (Delaware) being the first area in the country to get in Mattel's DC Super Heroes wave 3 (according to action-figure.com), wave 3 never got shipped to the Philadelphia area. Wave 4 is here - I have Lex Luthor, found Brainiac multiple times, and am currently tracking down a Darkseid. How the heck did wave 3 completely skip this area?

Anyone else having problems finding wave 3 or any of the other waves? This line, while incredible, is always very frustrating because all the pegs are usually swamped with Scarecrows instead of the other characters. And wave 1 came out almost a year ago!

So says the Sword.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

I don't think my local Target got anything from Wave 3, although a nearby Walmart had them. I don't collect the Batman stuff, and I'm considering ending my collection of the super line as well. I got Lex, and he's pretty cool, but I also got a black variant Supergirl. I don't know why I have a black variant Supergirl. I'm reasonably sure I would remember a costume change like that, and I can think of none. It's not even all that appealing to me. But my compullsion to buy Supergirl figures is very strong, and I bought this. And yet I still can't think of a good reason for me to have it.

I'll pick up the other Supergirl version when she finally comes out, they did a really nice job on her. But aside from that, I think I'm done with the line. It just comes down to the fact that I have most of the DC Direct Superman toys. I have a wall dedicated to them, in all their magical perfection. These toys just don't measure up. And I'm not really blaming the line for that, since this line is made for kids to play with and costs 2/3rds as much as DCDirect, but preference wise I can't justify spending my money when DCD is coming out with cooler stuff.

Like I said, I picked up Lex, and he's pretty cool. I can see myself opening him up and keeping him on my desk at work, next to my Lt. Jr. Grade Picard from Tapestry, but what I really want is that totally bad-@$$ McGuiness DCD version.
    http://www.FW4D.com

Fun With 4 Dimensions

A random humor strip updating every M,W,F

Heroic Warrior
    Here in Jersey I found most of wave 3, never saw Azrael. They seemed to go pretty quickly.
    Part of the problem is Mattel's poor case breakdown. For the Target exclusive 2 packs 1 case consisted of 4 Superman/Clark and 2 Batman/Batgirl, so you can imagine why a character like Darkseid (who's not a big name character) is hard to find.

jiM
    Great traders: The_Seanestro, Dark Sorceress, Malakai9999, class316, The New Old He-Man,
    bone982, jah757s, JeMaBo2, Heh-man, etmartin, sdilks
    Bad Trader: Box of Keldor Heads

Snake, Snake, SNAAAKE!! Spider-01's Avatar
    Around here in the Boston area, I only saw Batman from Wave 3 at one Target. I never saw anything else from wave 3, which is a bummer because I was looking forward to that one. I've seen everyone from wave 4 except Darkseid. I only got the new sculpt of Superman, Lex Luthor, and Brainiac, though. I didn't really want the repaints. I've never seen any of the Target exlusive two-packs.

All in all, I'm very dissapointed with the way this line turned out. It seemed promising at first, but after wave 2, it just all went downhill.

I never saw wave 3 in stores either.

I've pretty much given up on retail stores and now I just buy everything online. It's easier and in the long run I save money by not wasteing gas driving to 10 stores looking for figures.

I saw it here in Chicago.

DC Superheroes/JLU Update Thread

Maybe this could be a thread we're us fans of the Mattel/Four Horsemen 6" line, as well as the Justice League Unlimited line, can keep each other posted when new items are found in the stores or instock on online shops.
    To get it rolling, this weekend I found the large-scale Cyborg Superman at a TRU in Salem, NH. As well as several of the black Batman variants from the newest 6" wave (it looks like I just missed the Cassandra Cain Batgirl and Two Face).
    The latest JLU 3-pack waves I've been finding include the sets with Big Barda, Obsidian, Star Sapphire, and Sand.
    I've also spotted a single-carded Lex Luthor at a specialty comic shop a couple weeks ago, but haven't seen him since.
    Has anybody found the 10" Hourman from JLU yet? He's on the back of the packaging for some of the 10"s, but I've yet to find him.
    Top Ten Next Reveals Wanted: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Mermista, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Tung Lashor

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Maybe this could be a thread we're us fans of the Mattel/Four Horsemen 6" line, as well as the Justice League Unlimited line, can keep each other posted when new items are found in the stores or instock on online shops.
    To get it rolling, this weekend I found the large-scale Cyborg Superman at a TRU in Salem, NH. As well as several of the black Batman variants from the newest 6" wave (it looks like I just missed the Cassandra Cain Batgirl and Two Face).
    The latest JLU 3-pack waves I've been finding include the sets with Big Barda, Obsidian, Star Sapphire, and Sand.
    I've also spotted a single-carded Lex Luthor at a specialty comic shop a couple weeks ago, but haven't seen him since.
    Has anybody found the 10" Hourman from JLU yet? He's on the back of the packaging for some of the 10"s, but I've yet to find him.
    Large scale Cyborg Superman?
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Yup, he's the 10" (or maybe 12"? Not exactly sure the measurements) version that goes with the large Batman and Superman DC Superheroes figs TRU has released.
    Top Ten Next Reveals Wanted: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Mermista, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Tung Lashor

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Yup, he's the 10" (or maybe 12"? Not exactly sure the measurements) version that goes with the large Batman and Superman DC Superheroes figs TRU has released.

Thanks!

I just checked it out and think I just may have to score him to go with the Batman & Superman.

If anybody thinks they could score me one for a few prints or something....please PM me.
    There's that nice new She-Ra I just finished!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Down With the Sickness! Jack T. Chance's Avatar
    The Planet Garnet, AKA Hellhole, Space Sector 0017
    Quote Originally Posted by Pig Boy View Post
    Thanks!

I just checked it out and think I just may have to score him to go with the Batman & Superman.

If anybody thinks they could score me one for a few prints or something....please PM me.
    There's that nice new She-Ra I just finished! ;-)
    Well, I'll be hitting Toys "R" Us stores in my area every couple days, trying to find the new G.I.*Joe 25th Anniversary figures, so I'll keep my eyes open. So far, I've only seen Superman once, and Batman a couple or 3 times. But if I spot a Cyborg Supes, I'll pick it up and let you know.

And if anyone happens to come across the 12" Mr. Freeze from the same line, please let me know! I just found out that figure's going to be made, and I want it! I LOVE that fantastic 4 Horsemen Mr. Freeze sculpt, and having it in the 12" size will just be absolutely fantastic!
    On June 17th, 2011...
    No evil shall escape
    his sight!

Down With the Sickness! Jack T. Chance's Avatar
    The Planet Garnet, AKA Hellhole, Space Sector 0017

12" Cyborg Superman - SUCCESS!

Quote Originally Posted by Pig Boy View Post
    Thanks!

There's that nice new She-Ra I just finished!
    I FINALLY found the 12" Cyborg Superman at a TRU on Tuesday... first time I've been able to find one on the shelf. PM sent, in case you still need it.

If you don't need it, let me know anyway, as there are people who might want it on the Green Lantern Corps Messageboard I'm a member of.
    On June 17th, 2011...
    No evil shall escape
    his sight!

That two pack comes with that signal? Or is it just that figure that came with that?

If it does I so have to get that.
    " I have the POWER!!!!!"
    Need:

Batman with the Batsignal from 4H line

Sucessful transactions with: Royalt1us, Jag2045, Zodach, WENDIGO, Burtdawg, Illicitjedi, KingHiss

DC Superheroes Figures

I was trying to find a site that had all the info on this toyline, mainly the waves that have already been released with nice pics of those figs, but I'm coming up short. Does anybody know any website that would have such an archive? I'm looking to get into this line now and would like to make a list of the characters I want to get. I know LegoionsofGotham.org is down right now which sucks. Any other sites?
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Not a website but this should help some
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ht=superheroes
    WATCHA GONNA DO WHEN HULKAMANIA RUNS WILD OVER YOU

Mattel is going to do most of their DCSH announcements at ToyFair:

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=241&itemid=10715
    Last edited by Mirage; July 28, 2007 at 08:04pm.

Sheboygan,WI(Home of the Worlds Biggest Bratwurst Celebration)

DCU Wal-mart surprise

I went for a stroll in the toy section of 1 of the 3 wal-marts in my area today.I knew they were resetting all the mods like they do everytime after x-mas.And to my shock I found DCU wave 6,all of them.I bought the Dr. Impossible,and the Black siut Mulett Superman.I wouldve got the whole wave but being laid off kinda sucks,anyway,they still have the whole wave minus the variants.Like I said though I was only at 1 of 3 Wal marts today,the other 2 might have them as well.They also have the new Batman:Brave and the Bold figures,not sure how many waves have been released so far,but the pegs were full.So if you need them let me know and I'll see what I can do.
    Last edited by BURTDAWG; January 14, 2009 at 11:11pm.
    My active ebay items for sale.http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/taddow...Q_fromZQQ_mdoZ
    --------------------------------------------
    GOOD TRADERS
    jbaw2, Dr.Omega, Andrea_the_cat@yahoo.it, tmcclurg, celticsfan, THEGODBEAST, Venom77713, Royalt1us, racerx, davidlogan, granbeetle, MOTU SAN JOSE 2, prime731,galaxywarrior,Butterflyer,Creasy Bear.

i saw wave 6 in walmart yesterday. was really surprised. I think now that all the toys are being fixed from the recall, we should see an explosion of DCU on the market. you can tell if they are before or after the recall because they have 3 holes in the plastic on the sides
    Good Traders - Troz, biged98, IceWolf
    Check My eBay auctions for many rarities!
    http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZonlytherare

Quote Originally Posted by kidzthatgroove View Post
    I think now that all the toys are being fixed from the recall, we should see an explosion of DCU on the market. you can tell if they are before or after the recall because they have 3 holes in the plastic on the sides
    Huh!?!

What recall? And the holes on the sides of the DCUC packages have been there since wave 1. You may be talking about the Movie Masters Dark Knight figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    Huh!?!

What recall? And the holes on the sides of the DCUC packages have been there since wave 1. You may be talking about the Movie Masters Dark Knight figures.

Well, you may be right. a guy at toys r us told me the reason the original joker figure from the movie is so hot is because it was issued before the recall. he then showed me how newer jokers have the holes. he then said the reason they can't get DCU is because of the whole recall and that once all the figures are re-made, we should see them everywhere. he was a huge DCU fan and said he'd been working there for over a year and has watched what comes in daily
    Good Traders - Troz, biged98, IceWolf
    Check My eBay auctions for many rarities!
    http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZonlytherare

That is weird. I never heard anything about a recall, but I do have DCUC figs with holes in the plastic and some without.
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

Last night, I went to a Walmart near one of the local flea markets a week after I originally planned to. They actually had a classic colored long-haired Supes and five Mister Miracles I wonder what I may have missed. I'll check back in the coming week and at another WM that I haven't checked yet.
    Some of my artwork
    Some more of my artwork
    "When the troll's upon you, you're a mighty fighter."

Not to worry, we have vendors that are doing our show that specialize in the DC Super Hero lines and get them from the factory. If you can make it to Delaware, you'll see what I mean

Check my sig for show details. BTW it is in 2 weeks my friends

Quote Originally Posted by Sword-of-Grayskull View Post
    It seems that, despite the neighboring distribution center (Delaware) being the first area in the country to get in Mattel's DC Super Heroes wave 3 (according to action-figure.com), wave 3 never got shipped to the Philadelphia area. Wave 4 is here - I have Lex Luthor, found Brainiac multiple times, and am currently tracking down a Darkseid. How the heck did wave 3 completely skip this area?

Anyone else having problems finding wave 3 or any of the other waves? This line, while incredible, is always very frustrating because all the pegs are usually swamped with Scarecrows instead of the other characters. And wave 1 came out almost a year ago!

So says the Sword.

Master of Gardening MOTU_Maniac's Avatar

DC Universe Classics All-Stars

I am new to collecting the DC Universe Classics and thought I would start with the All-Stars.

Can someone tell me which All-Stars have already been released and which are to come and when? I would VERY much appreciate the help. I currently have Nightwing and Superman...that's it.

Also, where do you find all of this information about upcoming releases?

I have also posted this over at the Matty Forums. Let's see who is fastest at giving a response.
    CONGRATS to the 7 Lucky Winners of my
    FREE Club Etheria Sub Figure Giveaway!!!

Double Mischief = Minor
    Madame Razz = Uncle Jake
    Entrapta = SorceressSon
    October figure = SunDevil
    November figure = Ealo
    December figure = yodafreakmaster
    Light Hope SUB EXCLUSIVE = McLaughlin2778

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    I am new to collecting the DC Universe Classics and thought I would start with the All-Stars.

Can someone tell me which All-Stars have already been released and which are to come and when? I would VERY much appreciate the help. I currently have Nightwing and Superman...that's it.

Also, where do you find all of this information about upcoming releases?

I have also posted this over at the Matty Forums. Let's see who is fastest at giving a response.
    Shazam and The Flash for sure. I found a Flash in the latest batch of DCUCs at my Target, which I think is the first time they've gotten more in stock in over a year. It was All-star Flash with Black Canary, GA and Vigilante. The Flash got snatched up pretty quickly.

I also know Powergirl, Nightwing, Hal Jordan and someone else will be an All-Star assortment coming out sometime soon.