Page 1 of 210 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar

DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

It seems that, despite the neighboring distribution center (Delaware) being the first area in the country to get in Mattel's DC Super Heroes wave 3 (according to action-figure.com), wave 3 never got shipped to the Philadelphia area. Wave 4 is here - I have Lex Luthor, found Brainiac multiple times, and am currently tracking down a Darkseid. How the heck did wave 3 completely skip this area?

Anyone else having problems finding wave 3 or any of the other waves? This line, while incredible, is always very frustrating because all the pegs are usually swamped with Scarecrows instead of the other characters. And wave 1 came out almost a year ago!

So says the Sword.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

I don't think my local Target got anything from Wave 3, although a nearby Walmart had them. I don't collect the Batman stuff, and I'm considering ending my collection of the super line as well. I got Lex, and he's pretty cool, but I also got a black variant Supergirl. I don't know why I have a black variant Supergirl. I'm reasonably sure I would remember a costume change like that, and I can think of none. It's not even all that appealing to me. But my compullsion to buy Supergirl figures is very strong, and I bought this. And yet I still can't think of a good reason for me to have it.

I'll pick up the other Supergirl version when she finally comes out, they did a really nice job on her. But aside from that, I think I'm done with the line. It just comes down to the fact that I have most of the DC Direct Superman toys. I have a wall dedicated to them, in all their magical perfection. These toys just don't measure up. And I'm not really blaming the line for that, since this line is made for kids to play with and costs 2/3rds as much as DCDirect, but preference wise I can't justify spending my money when DCD is coming out with cooler stuff.

Like I said, I picked up Lex, and he's pretty cool. I can see myself opening him up and keeping him on my desk at work, next to my Lt. Jr. Grade Picard from Tapestry, but what I really want is that totally bad-@$$ McGuiness DCD version.
    http://www.FW4D.com

Fun With 4 Dimensions

A random humor strip updating every M,W,F

Heroic Warrior
    Here in Jersey I found most of wave 3, never saw Azrael. They seemed to go pretty quickly.
    Part of the problem is Mattel's poor case breakdown. For the Target exclusive 2 packs 1 case consisted of 4 Superman/Clark and 2 Batman/Batgirl, so you can imagine why a character like Darkseid (who's not a big name character) is hard to find.

jiM
    Great traders: The_Seanestro, Dark Sorceress, Malakai9999, class316, The New Old He-Man,
    bone982, jah757s, JeMaBo2, Heh-man, etmartin, sdilks
    Bad Trader: Box of Keldor Heads

Snake, Snake, SNAAAKE!! Spider-01's Avatar
    Around here in the Boston area, I only saw Batman from Wave 3 at one Target. I never saw anything else from wave 3, which is a bummer because I was looking forward to that one. I've seen everyone from wave 4 except Darkseid. I only got the new sculpt of Superman, Lex Luthor, and Brainiac, though. I didn't really want the repaints. I've never seen any of the Target exlusive two-packs.

All in all, I'm very dissapointed with the way this line turned out. It seemed promising at first, but after wave 2, it just all went downhill.

I never saw wave 3 in stores either.

I've pretty much given up on retail stores and now I just buy everything online. It's easier and in the long run I save money by not wasteing gas driving to 10 stores looking for figures.

I saw it here in Chicago.

has too many toys. The Trollan Stud's Avatar
    I'll ring in with the frustration. Only TRU and Target carry this line around here, and TRU hasn't had anything past wave 1. Target had wave 1 for the longest time, then they received wave 2 around September. Then when Superman Returns came out on DVD, they got a case of wave 4, but by the time I got there, only the crappy repacked Superman and the Superman and Supergirl variants were left. And they only have Superman/Bizarro two-packs. I've yet to see the other two, and I doubt I will.

I don't think this was Mattel's fault this time. I just think that with the JLU stuff right next to it with more figures in each package was more successful. and retailers doled out pegs space accordingly. The $10 price couldn't help, either. The big two (Batman and Superman) usually end up selling, leaving only Bane, Supergirl, and Scarecrow on the pegs.

I'm hoping this next weekend truly wipes out all the pegwarmers and I can finally get my hands on Luthor, Azrael, Darkseid, and Brainiac sometime in the week afterward. I'd like to buy the series 3 Batman too, just for all those cool Batarangs.

Wow, up until about three weeks ago, Wave 3 was all you could find around here. Tons and tons of 'em. Azrael was practically a peg-warmer. We started getting Wave 4 back then and that's being wiped out pretty fast, too. I found Lex and Brainiac, but nay on Darkseid thus far.

Badass with a bottle Drunken Fist's Avatar
    I only saw wave 3 once here, and was flat broke so I couldn't get Azrael. I never saw any of those figures again. The only figures I haven't seen are the black Superman/girl variants and Lex Luthor. This line sells very quickly around here, but stores rarely get any cases of new figures. Normally, they seem to get 1 or 2 cases of each wave, and then nothing for months. It sucks, because I really like this line. It's the only action figure line I still buy. They're far, far superior to the overpriced DC Direct lines, with far better sculpts, articulation, and they're much more durable. The upcoming sculpts are amazing, too, and it'll be a damn shame if they're never released.

The case assortments we've been getting around the Boston and New Hampshire areas aren't any better than what's been described already. I spotted Azrael once, picked him up and never saw him (or the Freeze and Robin repaints) ever again!
    I still can't find Darkseid, but keep finding that awful resculpted Superman as well as the Superman and Supergirl repaints.
    My Batgirl snapped and broke when I first tried posing her and all I've seen since I bought her are the months-old Superman/Bizarro 2packs that nobody wants.
    This line is handled even WORSE than MOTU was, and who would of thought THAT was possible?!

never saw an azrael or robin here (or the black variants). My walmart and kmart are pretty bad about getting things on time lately like this. And mysteriously often never have some of the harder to find figures. and frequently if and when they do it is put it out days later.
    Last edited by wyldman11; December 21, 2006 at 11:18am. Reason: text correction
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

My my my....doesn't this discussion sound familiar. Mattel poorly managing and distributing an action figure line, and by doing so they are upsetting a very loyal and passionate fan base....DEJA VU!

I've seen pretty much all of them, mostly at Targets. Although, I did see a Darkseid at a Wal-Mart. I didn't even know there were black repaints of Robin or Azrael. I oly saw them once and they were gone along with the 2 Freeze's.

Psychic Blood-brother Hemogoblin's Avatar
    I've been fortunate to find most of what I've been looking for, but the pegs are definitely oveflowing with Banes, Scarecrows, and the like.

That said, I *LOVE* this line of toys. I've just kind of decided not to go ape-dung over collecting every aspect of it. If it's on the peg as I'm passing through, I'll pick it up. I don't plan on having a repeat of the MOTU figure hunts of years past.

Currently Have: Azreal, Robin, Batman (Wave 1 and 3), Luthor, Brainiac, Superman, Supergirl, Supergirl (Black)

Want: Batgirl (even if it means picking up another Batman)
    * "I think I'm going to gag!" *
    * - Skeletor *

Quote Originally Posted by dukenny View Post
    I've seen pretty much all of them, mostly at Targets. Although, I did see a Darkseid at a Wal-Mart. I didn't even know there were black repaints of Robin or Azrael. I oly saw them once and they were gone along with the 2 Freeze's.
    black repaints in reference to superman and supergirl sorry, should have been a little clearer on that. I put it in in parenthesis because they are repaints/repackages as opposed to a new figure all together.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

does anyone have a link to how these figures look like?
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

I haven't really had much of a hard time with these, but certain figures are kinda few & far between. I've seen about 5-6 Azrael, and only 1 Darkseid. Have yet to see a repaint Supergirl, and only found 1 Batgirl 2-pack. Doomsday was kinda tough at first, but since his initial release, I've seen at least a dozen of him.

Everybody else I've seen plenty of times, and Wal-Marts seem to be the only store no longer sitting on any Wave 1 figures. Everybody else still has a bunch of Scarecrows and a Bane here & there. I can still find Killer Croc, & on occasion, the 1st Batman at K-Marts.

Hopefully the upcoming sculpts that were on display at the cons this past summer will make their way to stores before this line goes the way of MOTU. If only Mattel would have gotten the rights to do other DC figures that aren't only Batman/Superman related. Look at the way the Justice League figures actually started moving once Mattel got more than 1 of the "secondary" characters into assortments....
    This space for rent, apparently.....

I for the life of me can't find the Azreal figure. I have found all of the other figures with darkseid being a little harder to find. But Azreal has been non-exsistant in my area.

I have found both of the exclusive two-packs, which was very surprising cuase I didn't even know about the Batgirl pack being out.
    " I have the POWER!!!!!"
    Need:

Batman with the Batsignal from 4H line

Sucessful transactions with: Royalt1us, Jag2045, Zodach, WENDIGO, Burtdawg, Illicitjedi, KingHiss

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    does anyone have a link to how these figures look like?
    The whole line of figures or just the Black repaints of Superman and Supergirl?
    Speaking of Supergirl, there's supposed to be an exclusive version of her to be sold at Wal-Mart. It's with her classic red and blue look.

jiM
    Great traders: The_Seanestro, Dark Sorceress, Malakai9999, class316, The New Old He-Man,
    bone982, jah757s, JeMaBo2, Heh-man, etmartin, sdilks
    Bad Trader: Box of Keldor Heads

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    Well, if anyone's looking for anything from wave 4 besides Darkseid - even if you're looking for the 2-packs, as I saw Batgirl/Batman and Clark/Superman last week - or has a spare Mr. Freeze or Azrael to trade/sell, please feel free to PM me.

The funny thing about my area is that Walmart and TRU hardly ever get in assortments - the only reliable store is Target. And yet everyone else seems to say that Walmart is reliable for shipments - very odd....

So says the Sword.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Man I wish I knew you needed wave three I just saw them at a local Walmart a few days ago. I'll check tomorow to see if they are still there.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

value city has a huge amount of wave 3
    For HE who has lifted the sword and says the holy words will be the king of kings :jesus

Wouldn't you know it - just as I posted this afternoon, I finally ran across 2 Supergirl repaints, and another 3 Batgirl 2-packs.

I suppose I could run over to Value City and see what their Azrael selection looks like.....

Only figure from the line I'm currently missing that I actually want is the variant Bane w/Osito. I'll have to snag him on ebay after X-Mas. Fortunately, he doesn't go for THAT much more than retail......

has too many toys. The Trollan Stud's Avatar
    I preordered waves 4 and 5 (yes, 5) on BBTS. I should have done that for wave 3, but I did not want Freeze and Robin since I have the old Batman comic line versions, and I have the chase Freeze too. BBTS says that wave 5 is due this month, but I have sincere doubts on if it's even been produced yet. I really want the Two-Face in this series, and I'm not going through this hell again for secondary characters. Why is it they have such a hard time with this line when they're just trying to ape what Toy Biz did with Marvel Legends?

I won the Batgirl/Batman pack on ebay today, $21 shipped.

Now I just have to get lucky with the Clark Kent/ Superman pack and Azrael, which sounds almost impossible. I avoided the first wave of this line until May, because I knew this is exactly the kind of post I'd be making in a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by The Trollan Stud View Post
    I preordered waves 4 and 5 (yes, 5) on BBTS. I should have done that for wave 3, but I did not want Freeze and Robin since I have the old Batman comic line versions, and I have the chase Freeze too. BBTS says that wave 5 is due this month, but I have sincere doubts on if it's even been produced yet. I really want the Two-Face in this series, and I'm not going through this hell again for secondary characters. Why is it they have such a hard time with this line when they're just trying to ape what Toy Biz did with Marvel Legends?

I won the Batgirl/Batman pack on ebay today, $21 shipped.

Now I just have to get lucky with the Clark Kent/ Superman pack and Azrael, which sounds almost impossible. I avoided the first wave of this line until May, because I knew this is exactly the kind of post I'd be making in a few months.
    The Clark Kent 2-pack is FALLING off shelves at all my local Targets.

Two-Face should be good to go, as they used his body sculpt for the Clark Kent figure. If you see the Clark figure up close, you can easily see the straight line going down the center of his tie.....