Page 10 of 208 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

My buddy from Florida called me just yesterday to tell me about him scoring one of the Cyborg Sups!!! I told him to go right back an check for more for me...LOL

Na, just asked him to check around down there, cuase here by me none of the Big Lots have any Dc figs.

Although, I did see some new two packs at toyRus. One has Batman an robin and the other is a different Batman figure with Nightwing. I was tempted with the robin figure cuase that Batman seemed cooler, but I held off.
    " I have the POWER!!!!!"
    Need:

Batman with the Batsignal from 4H line

Sucessful transactions with: Royalt1us, Jag2045, Zodach, WENDIGO, Burtdawg, Illicitjedi, KingHiss

I lucked out when I went to big lots I picked up parasite, cyborg superman and they had tons of DC JLU and the younger lines for kids.
    WATCHA GONNA DO WHEN HULKAMANIA RUNS WILD OVER YOU

Heroic Warrior
    Okay, so I went back to the Big Lots that I went to before and found Cyborg Superman, Black Suit Superman, Mongul and Steel. I think the reason I didn't find anything the first time is because I just noticed that the toy section is seperated in the middle. The first time I was there I saw toys against the back wall and that's where I went. There was nothing significant there and I only saw one aisle with action figures and that was mostly just the Transformer knock offfs and the cheap figures you find in the dollar stores.
    Saturday when I went back to the store I noticed some dolls in an aisle that wasn't near the other action figures. In fact there was a area filled with furniture that seperated the dolls from the rest of the toys. Thinking this was odd I decided to check out the section and found the DCSH there along with the Batman figures that Drunken Fist mentioned. I think I'll probably check back with them every other week, just so I can get the Batman figures.

jiM
    Great traders: The_Seanestro, Dark Sorceress, Malakai9999, class316, The New Old He-Man,
    bone982, jah757s, JeMaBo2, Heh-man, etmartin, sdilks
    Bad Trader: Box of Keldor Heads

My Big Lots has the DC figures but they were on a seperate rack and not in the action figure isle with all the other figures, so you may have to look for them. I don't know what figures they had though but I'm gonna go back and look for Cyborg Superman.

Ross might have the Supergirl figure for 5 bucks (I heard this somewhere, may of been this thread).

one reason I don't go to my local big lots more then about once a month, there are no real disignated aisles for toys they just kind of take up the whole store.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I just went looking for the DC figures and this is all I found:

Ross: 3 Supermans (one had the black chest logo) only $5
    ToysRUs: Supermans, Kal-El $9.99
    Big Lots: Parasite, a couple Monguls, some Supermans $8.99
    K-Mart: Scarecrow (7.99 I think)

I think I saw a Steel at either TrU or Big Lots but don't remember which.

Man, I have been checking out the three Big Lots stores in my area almost everyday and nothin.

I will check the whole store over next time, I hadn't thought they could be in another section.
    " I have the POWER!!!!!"
    Need:

Sucessful transactions with: Royalt1us, Jag2045, Zodach, WENDIGO, Burtdawg, Illicitjedi, KingHiss

Down With the Sickness! Jack T. Chance's Avatar
    The Planet Garnet, AKA Hellhole, Space Sector 0017

Modern Aquaman? Not quite...

Yikes. That "Modern Variant" Aquaman looks LOUSY! I'm sorry, but even though I'm NOT a fan of Aquaman, and even though I do NOT read the comic, even I know that depiction of "The Sword of Atlantis" is all wrong!

The official Aquaman: The Sword of Atlantis "First Appearance" figure from DC Direct, which has been out for awhile, is VASTLY superior! It matches EXACTLY to the art from recent issues of the comic, and the colors are simply AMAZING! The paint apps totally BLOW AWAY that Mattel figure. The orange scale mail shirt has to be seen in person to be fully appreciated! A simply stunning figure... and I don't even LIKE Aquaman!

As good as it looks in that picture, it's even more awesome in person, because of how the light plays off of the scales of the armor. I can't buy that figure, because I'd spend too much time just staring at it!

And it's ridiculously easy to find, much more so than the Mattel variant will be. I see it ALL THE TIME in Sam Goody/Suncoast/FYE stores, along with other cool figures from the same wave (such as the new Blue Beetle and the new "One Year Later" Martian Manhunter figure, with his black threads that are oh so reminiscent of the outfit worn by the evil J'onn in the "Justice Lords" episodes of Justice League.)
    On June 17th, 2011...
    No evil shall escape
    his sight!

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    Well the Aquaman variant is being labeled a "more modern" variant, not the Sword of Atlantis character. So if you're judging the figure against the actual Atlantis depiction, you're going to be disappointed. Personally I love the 4H variant because it looks like Jim Lee's depiction of Aquaman in the Superman: For Tomorrow story. Just comparing the DC Direct figure to the 4H variant though (not for character accuracy, just coolness), I think the 4H variant is vastly superior. The DC Direct toy has an ugly head sculpt, poor articulation, and his left hand is left in some contorted, weird position. Right now you're judging the DC Direct paint app against that of a 2up, but even if the 4H final version's colors are exactly like the 2up with the flat orange, the toy overall still outclasses the DC Direct disappointment.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Snake, Snake, SNAAAKE!! Spider-01's Avatar
    I didn't know these were coming out yet! Well it was nice to be caught up for a little while.

I've never even seen Two-Face or Batgirl! All i ever see is Superman after Superman.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

I didn't know Clayface and Cat Woman were out!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El View Post
    Here is a pic,it's crappy but I will get another[better one]up later.

Last edited by Eamon; September 5, 2007 at 12:16pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

I didn't know they were out either!!!! Does this mean that the awesome redeco Mr. Freeze is out, too?!?!?!
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Crap...I'm so behind on these DC Superhero figures. I'm so frustrated that I can't find any from the new waves. I'm about to call it quits with this line.
    " I have the POWER!!!!!"
    Need:

I can't find ANY of them from any waves (well maybe a couple here and there)...I didn't even find any from the dealers at the Baltimore Comic Con like I was hoping, and they usually have everything!

I came away from Baltimore with the same disappointment, Chuck. The good news is that this line is almost done and will soon be replaced by DC Classics, which will hopefully have much better case ratios in addition to characters from the entire DCU.

Pray we don't have to start a "DC Classics Figure Frustration" thread.

Heroic Warrior
    I really love this line, and I'm glad Customizers are buying up the Superman Variants, etc. to make into other characters, clearing the pegs for new waves.

and with the Metamorpho BAF announced, I will be buying the entire wave!

though, there are many figures that I missed out on, that I now need to play catch-up on.

For instance, I don't have Mongul, Brainiac, or Lex yet, and just got Steel today.

Quote Originally Posted by capitalzero View Post
    For instance, I don't have Mongul, Brainiac, or Lex yet, and just got Steel today.
    Mongul can be found at the PA Big Lots. I know from personal experience. Unfortunately the Batman wave is not in the PA stores.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Sword-of-Grayskull View Post
    Mongul can be found at the PA Big Lots. I know from personal experience. Unfortunately the Batman wave is not in the PA stores.
    Mongul is in the NJ stores as well, but no sign of the Batman wave (at Big Lots) here either.

jiM
    Great traders: The_Seanestro, Dark Sorceress, Malakai9999, class316, The New Old He-Man,
    bone982, jah757s, JeMaBo2, Heh-man, etmartin, sdilks
    Bad Trader: Box of Keldor Heads

I loved the early wave with Doomsday, but that was it. I never saw new figures after that until Parasite and the rest just showed up. Saw Steel sometimes, but that was it. Never saw Darkseid, either. I still see Scarecrows and Bizarros sitting around, so I gave up on this otherwise awesome line a long time ago because I could never find any of the cool figures.

Heck, I don't even know who all were in all the waves that never even reached the store shelves.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Sword-of-Grayskull View Post
    I've seen Mongul in and around Pitt, but I haven't seen anything from that Batman wave.

I know where to find most of the figures I want, so I'm not worried, it's just finding the time (and freeing up the money) to do it.

Down With the Sickness! Jack T. Chance's Avatar
    The Planet Garnet, AKA Hellhole, Space Sector 0017

12" Cyborg Superman - SUCCESS!

Quote Originally Posted by Pig Boy View Post
    Thanks!

I just checked it out and think I just may have to score him to go with the Batman & Superman.

If anybody thinks they could score me one for a few prints or something....please PM me.
    There's that nice new She-Ra I just finished!
    I FINALLY found the 12" Cyborg Superman at a TRU on Tuesday... first time I've been able to find one on the shelf. PM sent, in case you still need it.

If you don't need it, let me know anyway, as there are people who might want it on the Green Lantern Corps Messageboard I'm a member of.
    On June 17th, 2011...
    No evil shall escape
    his sight!

Court Magician

Wave three Pictures

Wave three Pictures are now in toyfare. They all look really cool

Quote Originally Posted by BHT View Post
    Wave three Pictures are now in toyfare. They all look really cool
    Who's in the wave, and who's the BAF?
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Has wave one hit stores yet? And isnt it under a new name now?

Brent
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....