Page 44 of 210 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 5226

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, I'll boil it later, and try to get it to loosen up.

Hey gang,

I'm getting into the Infinite Heroes line; does anyone know of a good message board that concentrates mainly on DCIH and/or the upcoming 3-3/4" Marvel line? I used to go to the Miniheroes Zone, but it appears to have been shut down.

Thanks a million in advance!!
    Happy 10th Birthday to my lil' MOTU fan, my daughter Sierra Rose, on 3/16/13!!
    I'm a winner... maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by capitalzero View Post
    I found the entirety of Wave 6 Today, at the Wal-Mart at the Point at Lafayette, in Robinson.

I bought the five I wanted, and left the rest (there was a Doctor Impossible, a black Superman, and a Killer Moth when I left).

Excellent haul. Kalibak is cool, but Killer Moth is absolutely amazing.

KM is definitely my hands down fave, but Mister Miracle and Hawkman are both absolutely amazing as well.

Hawkman comes with three weapons (a mace, a shield, and a sword), and Mister Miracle comes with his flight discs, which are removable, a set of handcuffs, and a mother box, that attaches to his belt.
    So how is the quality control this time around? Are the paint apps good, or sloppy? Are limbs liable to breakage upon opening the package as is the case with the TRU 2 packs?
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by adol View Post
    So how is the quality control this time around? Are the paint apps good, or sloppy? Are limbs liable to breakage upon opening the package as is the case with the TRU 2 packs?
    a lot better than previous waves.

very little slop, very sturdy. Captain Marvel, Hawkman and Killer Moth are perfect, paintwise, and Miracle wasn't far behind (which had me worried as he featured Red and Yellow decos like Red Tornado) The only gripe I have is a black spray on his upper thighs for some reason. Superman had a couple paint issues near the trunks, Kalibak was near perfect.

my Mister Miracle wouldn't budge his head, but a quick Boil and Pop and it freed it up.

everything else was A-OK.

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    Finally got my wave 4 case from BBTS today, and both Batman Beyond figures have frozen hip joints. One even broke off.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Heroic Warrior
    sorry to hear that.

Wave four seemed to be a bit fragile. I had no breaks, but they did feel a bit more brittle.

Quote Originally Posted by Sword-of-Grayskull View Post
    Finally got my wave 4 case from BBTS today, and both Batman Beyond figures have frozen hip joints. One even broke off.
    My Batman Beyond figure had the same problem. I kept pressing in his hip while trying to move it. It took a while. but it came loose. Now it's loose. I think I'll try soaking him in hot water for a while. Sometime you can tighten them up again that way.

EDIT: Woo Hoo!!! Went to Wal-Mart in Carnegie and they had wave 6! They had all but Mr.Miracle, Shazam, and the Superman Variant. But I did pick up Hawkman and Regeneration Suit Superman. Hawk Man is just way too cool! I just hope I can find the rest when I have some more money.
    Last edited by Marvelous0ne; January 13, 2009 at 10:59am.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    I noticed something odd on my Wonder Woman: her left lower arm is drilled into the upper arm at a 45 degree angle instead of being perpendicular to the elbow. The effect is that it looks like her arm is twisted. Overall a disappointing haul.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Do you guys know if walmart is restocking wave 5 after they reset their aisles?
    Or moving right on to wave 6?
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

Quote Originally Posted by illicitjedi View Post
    Do you guys know if walmart is restocking wave 5 after they reset their aisles?
    Or moving right on to wave 6?
    While there is no concrete answer, there have been reports of people that have already found Wave 6 at Wal-Marts, and then those same stores restocked with Wave 5. I believe Toyguru stated a while back that they also planned to ship Wave 5 longer than regular waves, which would sound like there will be Wave 5 restocks as time goes on.

Of course, that statement was made back when they first announced the exclusive wave, so I have no idea if that's still the plan. I'm sure it would make sense to collectors & Mattel, but Wal-Mart may bawk on that, only wanting the newest product available. (Plus, there have been people saying their Wal-Marts have like 20+ Riddlers on pegs, while the rest of the wave is MIA)

I hope they restock Wave 5, as I've only seen 3 Riddlers, and nobody else.....
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Heroic Warrior
    I haven't had any real problems with the QC of the DCUC figures until just recently. I opened the two pack of the Green Lanterns, when I noticed some writing on Hal's crotch. I thought that was odd considering they usualy put the writing on the butt. I then realised it was his butt, they put the legs on backwards.
    Oh and I just found wave 6 today. It looks like 2 cases, 1 with the Supernman variant and one with the Mr.Miracle variant.

jiM
    Last edited by pakledjim; January 14, 2009 at 04:08pm. Reason: left something out
    Great traders: The_Seanestro, Dark Sorceress, Malakai9999, class316, The New Old He-Man,
    bone982, jah757s, JeMaBo2, Heh-man, etmartin, sdilks
    Bad Trader: Box of Keldor Heads

The Master of Insanity CJ Clifford's Avatar
    Found wave six at my local wal-mart today.

Sheboygan,WI(Home of the Worlds Biggest Bratwurst Celebration)

DCU Wal-mart surprise

I went for a stroll in the toy section of 1 of the 3 wal-marts in my area today.I knew they were resetting all the mods like they do everytime after x-mas.And to my shock I found DCU wave 6,all of them.I bought the Dr. Impossible,and the Black siut Mulett Superman.I wouldve got the whole wave but being laid off kinda sucks,anyway,they still have the whole wave minus the variants.Like I said though I was only at 1 of 3 Wal marts today,the other 2 might have them as well.They also have the new Batman:Brave and the Bold figures,not sure how many waves have been released so far,but the pegs were full.So if you need them let me know and I'll see what I can do.
    Last edited by BURTDAWG; January 14, 2009 at 11:11pm.
    My active ebay items for sale.http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/taddow...Q_fromZQQ_mdoZ
    --------------------------------------------
    GOOD TRADERS
    jbaw2, Dr.Omega, Andrea_the_cat@yahoo.it, tmcclurg, celticsfan, THEGODBEAST, Venom77713, Royalt1us, racerx, davidlogan, granbeetle, MOTU SAN JOSE 2, prime731,galaxywarrior,Butterflyer,Creasy Bear.

Anyone ordering Adam Strange/Starfire from Matty? I'm waiting out for some reviews. I want them to be perfect, not to break upon opening like many of the TRU 2-Packs.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

is there anyone in the states that can help an Aussie get these figures??....I want them so bad but there impossible to get here. The only place there available are comic shops but they always sell out straight away...before I get a chance to grab a few....It would be much appreciated to get a contact who can help me out.....Cheers in advance...

Anyone know when the Adam Strange/Starfire goes up for sale on the 15th? I'm thinking it will be around 12noon again like when He-Man and Beastman went up. Just was wondering.
    " I have the POWER!!!!!"
    Need:

Batman with the Batsignal from 4H line

Sucessful transactions with: Royalt1us, Jag2045, Zodach, WENDIGO, Burtdawg, Illicitjedi, KingHiss

I would assume that the Adam Strange/Starfire 2-pack & Skeletor will both go live simultaneously today.

I plan on grabbing both. I've seen 2 reviews on the 2-pack. 1 was great, the other had a Starfire with a severely warped leg. Guess I'll roll the dice and see what happens.

In regards to the Wal-Mart situation, while the resets are going on this week, and more stores will start carrying DCUC & Infinite Heroes, they STILL won't be at all stores. I hit my nearest Super Wal-Mart this morning, and they've finished their reset. The only DC stuff they're carrying is Dark Knight & Brave & the Bold. I even looked at all their layout sheets they leave up in the aisles and found nothing...

I'm going to be ordering the Adam Strange/Starfire two-pack. I've been dying for a figure of Adam Strange in that costume since its debut in the Planet Heist miniseries. The Starfire figure isn't ideal (she's too skinny and relatively flat-chested compared ot the actual comic book Starfire), but she's not horrible either. I do, however, fear that she will be too short. Starfire is supposed ot be very tall.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    The Starfire figure isn't ideal (she's too skinny and relatively flat-chested compared ot the actual comic book Starfire), but she's not horrible either. I do, however, fear that she will be too short. Starfire is supposed ot be very tall.
    Yeah, your fears are correct. She uses the same body as Harley Quinn, so she's definitely too short, and has the uni-boob going. Still a nice figure, just not ideal.

Here's one of the reviews I've read:

http://www.thefwoosh.com/index.php?o...=1197&Itemid=1

Heroic Warrior
    I hope to find wave five soon.

I also hope to order the Adam Strange/Starfire pack next Thursday.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I just put in my order for the Adam Strange/Starfire two pack. I'm worried that I'm going to get a warped figure or broken jointed figure. I'm not worried so much on my Skeletor. Its the DCUC that scares me.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Just saw on the Matty website that if you go into a page that has the search bar on the left, if you type in "dcuc", they have pics of every figure/C&C/2-pack announced so far. (minus variants and the e-tailer 2-packs) I'm assuming this will eventually evolve into the collector's database they said would hit the site sometime this year. They also currently list Wave 7 with a ship date of March, and Wave 8 with a ship date of April/May.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Just saw on the Matty website that if you go into a page that has the search bar on the left, if you type in "dcuc", they have pics of every figure/C&C/2-pack announced so far. (minus variants and the e-tailer 2-packs) I'm assuming this will eventually evolve into the collector's database they said would hit the site sometime this year. They also currently list Wave 7 with a ship date of March, and Wave 8 with a ship date of April/May.
    I noticed that last night as well. There was also a post on another site about a link to Lobo on Mattycollector with the option to add it to your cart. I ordered it just to see what would happen. I got a confirmation, so we'll see.
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

Quote Originally Posted by asharachal View Post
    i tried the db search bit and it only came up with the stands and the 2-pack for me
    They must have updated the site, as now when I search, that's all I get as well, after seeing everything on there last night. (I believe there were 59 product results upon the search)

No resets around here yet. The one Walmart that has any dcuc figs has a few penguins and a bunch more riddlers. Target has ww's and cyborgs. The TRU near my job decided to finally start selling them but only had Aries left.
    Some of my artwork
    Some more of my artwork
    "When the troll's upon you, you're a mighty fighter."