Page 51 of 208 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 5176

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    Mattel is not afraid of doing obscure characters. They've hinted that they'll do some other obscure ones too, so who knows who'll you'll see in DCUC. I'm surprised Ultraman and Alex Luthor are getting made.

I personally want a few more mainstream guys like Martian Manhunter and a Poison Ivy.

Hoosfn: DC Direct did a Superfriends line a few years back and they had a set of Wonder Twins with Gleek. As far as I know, those where the only Wonder Twin toys ever produced.

There was proposed figures in the Super Power figures but the toys only got as far as the drawing table before the line died. It was kinda neat concept for the time. They were going to have snap on armor attachments. Jaina was going to have like a snap on animal form armor and Zan was going to have snap on ice armor attachments.
    thanks I am going to take look at them since the twins are the talk on here now
    HOOS HOOS HOOS HOOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I'm just trying to think of some other canon comic-book characters that would also fall into the category of having originated in a cartoon...

Off the top of my head, I come up with Livewire, Lock-Up, and Rene Montoya...are there others? (I'm assuming so.)
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    I'm just trying to think of some other canon comic-book characters that would also fall into the category of having originated in a cartoon...
    H.E.R.B.I.E. the robot.

And while she didn't originate in the cartoon, Giganta's growing power was first used on Super Friends and then later incorporated into the comic character.

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    Hoosfn: DC Direct did a Superfriends line a few years back and they had a set of Wonder Twins with Gleek. As far as I know, those where the only Wonder Twin toys ever produced.
    Um, what??? I got all the DC Direct Superfriends figures, and the Wonder Twins were never made. This site has every DC Direct figure ever made. They ain't there:

http://www.joeacevedo.com/docs/figur...ionfigures.htm

These are the first Wonder Twins figures ever made, as far as I know. Beforehand, all the rights were tied up.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    You are probably right but I swear I saw a box set in a Previews catalog a few years back. I wasn't a collector, but I just recall seeing a picture of Wonder Twins in the catalog.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar

Off the top of my head, I come up with Livewire, Lock-Up, and Rene Montoya...are there others? (I'm assuming so.)
    It's not a cartoon, but Jimmy Olsen originally appeared in the Superman radio dramas before becoming one of the mainstay castmembers in the comics.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Quote Originally Posted by Sword-of-Grayskull View Post
    It's not a cartoon, but Jimmy Olsen originally appeared in the Superman radio dramas before becoming one of the mainstay castmembers in the comics.
    That's right, I remember hearing that somewhere.
    Alfred Pennyworth's appearance also changed dramatically because of the actor portraying him in the '40s serials.

What about Harvey Bullock - wasn't he a B:TAS origninal character? I think they put him in The Dark Knight ... or at least I thought the cop in the interrogation room with Joker was Bullock.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Firestar from Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends. (I know, Marvel, not DC)

What about Harvey Bullock - wasn't he a B:TAS origninal character? I think they put him in The Dark Knight ... or at least I thought the cop in the interrogation room with Joker was Bullock.
    Bullock was around for ~20 years before B:TAS.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Firestar from Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends. (I know, Marvel, not DC)
    That's a good one.
    Last edited by BCI Guy; February 11, 2009 at 06:32pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Harvey's actually got a longer history...actually was involved with Checkmate in the comics back in the '80s.

Actually, the guy in TDK is named Stephens (played by Keith Somebody -or-other, can't remember how to spell the name.) He actually survives the movie - would have been really cool if he was Bullock, but unfortunately not.

Was Morph, from the old X-Men cartoon, ever "Legitimized" in the comics? I know there was an Age of Apocalypse Morph, but was he ever in the main continuity?

Technically Morph is Changeling, so yeah, he's been in the regular Earth-616 books. He's appeared as Morph in the Exiles, though.
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

Just missed a case of DCUC Wave 7.1 at Wal-Mart. They just put out a case of Wave 6 on Monday! All they had left from the new case were the Batman/GL repacks.

They did at least get a big restock on Infinite Heroes though - finally saw Wonder Woman, Sinestro, Ray Palmer Atom, Power Girl, and the single carded Starfire, Wonder Girl & orange shirt Question.

More clarification for 2009 - Matty's facebook page has included the presentation slides from NYCC - DCUC will have 4 main waves & 1 Wal-Mart wave this year. (Waves 7-11)

So now we just need the rest of the Wal-Mart wave 10 lineup and the Wave 11 list. Of course, there's always the rumored listings in the Wal-Mart computer from a while back-many of which turned out to be on the $$$ for Waves 7&8....
    Last edited by Skullface; February 12, 2009 at 04:33pm.
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Muchas gracias for the clarifications on Bullock.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    And while she didn't originate in the cartoon, Giganta's growing power was first used on Super Friends and then later incorporated into the comic character.
    So if she didn't have the growing power, why was she named Giganta? Please tell me it wasn't for her huge ... tracts of land.

The Golden Age version was an ape named Giganta. Professor Zool artificially evolved her into a woman with great strength.
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post

More clarification for 2009 - Matty's facebook page has included the presentation slides from NYCC - DCUC will have 4 main waves & 1 Wal-Mart wave this year. (Waves 7-11)

So now we just need the rest of the Wal-Mart wave 10 lineup and the Wave 11 list. Of course, there's always the rumored listings in the Wal-Mart computer from a while back-many of which turned out to be on the $$$ for Waves 7&8....
    They did say there was a possibility of another store-exclusive wave at the end of this year (which I assume would be Target), but that was not yet confirmed.

Man-Bat is confirmed for Wave 10, and Question for Wave 11, so far, so it looks like if those entries in the WM computers are correct, it would be Wave 11.

It was also brought up at the convention that Manbat is just the beginning of reviving some of the old DCSH figures. Matty said that the Black and Gray Batman is a personal favorite and it does need to resurface along with Catwoman and Two face.

Eh, I just wish they'd do a new Catwoman altogether... the one they've already released is pretty lackluster.

Quote Originally Posted by Slayor View Post
    The Golden Age version was an ape named Giganta. Professor Zool artificially evolved her into a woman with great strength.
    The JL animated version is the same, although it's implied that Gorilla Grodd was responsible for that, and her growing power.
    Last edited by RocketPunch; February 13, 2009 at 02:20pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Eh, I just wish they'd do a new Catwoman altogether... the one they've already released is pretty lackluster.
    I'd love to see a more "classic" version...purple bodysuit outfit.

Yeah - A Jim Balent-styled Catwoman is my 2nd most wanted female, right after Zatanna......

I think the Catwoman is pretty decent for a figure. It is her current DC Costume, but I've always wanted a purple variant. Or maybe the Mortal Kombat version.

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Yeah - A Jim Balent-styled Catwoman is my 2nd most wanted female......
    Wouldn't it always fall over?

So would I, preferably with long hair, rather than the enclosed mask version.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Wouldn't it always fall over?
    Well, they could always re-use a newly sculpted "endowed" torso for when Power Girl comes around....

That'd be one way to get people to buy the stands off of Mattycollector!

Seriously, while the boobage would be gigantic, I personally just think the costume itself is much sexier than the current one. I've never been a fan of the goggles, and I liked that her hair used to flow out the back.....

Plus on the cost side, there wouldn't have to be hardly any detail sculpted on that costume, as it's literally just a skin-tight bodysuit, so there'd be no buckles, zippers, etc, for the 4H to deal with. Not to mention there are a TON of other females that could use it.