Page 126 of 210 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176 ... LastLast
Results 3,126 to 3,150 of 5230

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    If the 100% is not happening, does it means the shown figures will not be produced?

I thought, DCUC did well in retail?
    It has nothing to do with sales, DC is rebooting their universe and they want the toyline to reflect those changes

Think of it being similar to MOTUC not being allowed to have 200x influence
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Warrior
    Really?

I can understand that they're ****** off because of that decision by DC.

So the sales went good until now?

Really?

I can understand that they're pi***** off because of that decision by DC.

They were good enough to do 18 waves, I mean people who cherry pick probably hurt sales a bit since stores had to clearance out specific figures nobody wanted.

But that happens with a lot of toylines, if the DC Reboot was not happening I could almost guarantee DCUC would still be going. But DC is the licensee and Mattel only has so much say. They make the toys but DC tells them in large part what to make.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Heroic Warrior
    Ahhhh, okay

I can't believe they did that after that many figures.

Are there pics around the net of the new collecto's line and will the 4 HM still sculpt them?

Ahhhh, okay

I can't believe they did that after that many figures.

Are there pics around the net of the new collecto's line and will the 4 HM still sculpt them?
    Nope no new pics yet that I have seen, I think the 4H are still doing them but they will all be based on Jim Lee's designs I think

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Really?

I can understand that they're pi***** off because of that decision by DC.

The sales were never bad, except online. DC Universe proves how important the casual fan is to that line. The casual fans at retail usually balanced out the online cherry picking fans. While hardcore comic fans would scoff at the Rainbow Lanterns and pass them up, some casual fan at retail will eventually pick them up.

DCUC online has always suffered from picky fans. They couldn't sell their 2 packs and that was canceled (although 2 of them sucked). Now the subscription is suffering because the DC sub can't please everyone.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I just found Catman, Batman 40's and Batgirl and I am in Iowa. Check your Kmarts as they have that wave (been to 3 so far and 3 had them). Batman Legacy Wave 1 has been in Walmart and have pegs at my Targets but no figure, apparently DC's awesome distribution continues.
    I have two K-Marts, one is closing and has everything 40% off, thus, they will never get it. The other did not eve have a price tag for anything Batman when I went there this past Sat. All they had were a million Cheetahs and Wonder Girls.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I'm confused by the "Batman Legacy" figure line.

Are Catman, Batgirl and '40s Batman Kmart exclusives?

And is series one (Mr. Freeze, Batman and Joker) exclusive to Target?

And is there a series three in the works?
    I want to smurf your smurf.

They were good enough to do 18 waves, I mean people who cherry pick probably hurt sales a bit since stores had to clearance out specific figures nobody wanted.

But that happens with a lot of toylines, if the DC Reboot was not happening I could almost guarantee DCUC would still be going. But DC is the licensee and Mattel only has so much say. They make the toys but DC tells them in large part what to make.
    I'm guilty of very bad things with DCUC, I recently bought my first figures (essentially to build darkseid) they were cheap at a toy store, now I want more, not all but def more. I am especially interested in all the black characters as I stated in the misc marketplace, Bronze Tiger Firestorm and mr terrific being the ones I want first and foremost. I might be able to get some at a comic store for a good price, we'll see. but yeah I am guilty of dragging the line down
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by Teelor View Post

No 40's Batman with Batmite I think is exclusive to Kmart, the other stores will get regular 40's Batman

No Series one is on shelves at my Walmart on an endcap

No idea on Series 3

Quote Originally Posted by Teelor View Post

My Walmart has the first wave. I haven't seen Wave 2 but my Kmart is reorganizing their toy section, which also means stuff is getting put on clearance. It's a weird time, back to school stuff going on, many stores don't have night staff because of economic issues and even their day staffs can be a lot lower than normal.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Dang - Just picked up my Wave 17 set from the LCS, and they got the case packs w/o the Black Lantern Hal, so now I have to hunt.
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Found the Arkham two packs at TRU today.

New Sub figure to be announced in a few days!

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...5/m/7071046807

Good news for you...we will be announcing one more figure in the next few days! With this reveal, this means that 5 of the 9 figures for 2012 will have been revealed. Be on the lookout for that announcement soon!

-FanGirl 2.0

Except that they're nowhere near the necessary amount of subscribers they're saying they need in order to fulfill that sub. It's closing out in a matter of days and still a bit under 40%.

So, I just got one of my Swamp Things today and when I torqued his leg too hard the wrong way, it popped right off! No biggie though, since they're using the same joint system as the CnCs. This raises the question, was he supposed to be a CnC at some point?

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Except that they're nowhere near the necessary amount of subscribers they're saying they need in order to fulfill that sub. It's closing out in a matter of days and still a bit under 40%.
    I would not be surprised if they inflate the numbers after revealing the other figures or say 50% was good enough because of how diehard the fans are

They should have just revealed from the get go

I would not be surprised if they inflate the numbers after revealing the other figures or say 50% was good enough because of how diehard the fans are

They should have just revealed from the get go
    Tell me about it...three days left.

So do you think that Mattel could go ahead with the DCUC sub anyway if they got 50% of their target audience?

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Tell me about it...three days left.

So do you think that Mattel could go ahead with the DCUC sub anyway if they got 50% of their target audience?
    Honestly I think so, I think they aimed high but required low

I mean we are talking about controlled production without having to pay for distribution. Subs are guaranteed money

If they have 40% of what they wanted I think they would do it just because 40% is better then 0%

Worst comes to worst they take the loss or the low revenue till everyone who is *****ing sees how good it works and then wants in on a 2013 sub and they increase their revenue

Subs are the way of the future, you have controlled production, no worries that retail will back out on you, and fans who are vocal about what they want.

Of course I could be flat wrong and they say 40% not good enough go screw yourselves

But if that were the case I figure they would have done that LONG ago instead of extending it knowing fans were not embracing it in droves

Chronically Groovy Mighty Puundragon's Avatar
    Well they can count me in on the sub. I would have gotten it sooner but I had to talk my wife into it and gave her free reign to call it whatever Birthday or Christmas presents she wants.

I don't mind getting the figs I don't want as much but I think they need to put some extra value into them since there is no C&C and it costs almost $9 extra to ship them. I think a C&C pack with the Grundy Left Arm, Arkillo Right Leg, Giganta Waist / Head and any other really rare pieces would be sweet. There is no reason I should have to pay $75 for a Robin to complete my Grundy.

On the Batman Legacy figs, I saw the two packs at Target and was not impressed. I just picked up Mr Freeze at Walmart yesterday. His colors look much better in person than I thought they did online. I only want the Gold Age Bats with Batmite, Catman, and Batgirl out of this line. I have checked at 3 K-Marts and all have a place for the figs but the pegs are empty. Sadly they raised the price from $12.99 to $15.99.

I also got my SDCC Swamp Thing from a buddy today and my kids did not like it at first but they warmed up to him after I told them about it. My two year old daughter liked the Un-Men better because they were pink and purple.

I just want the Batgirl myself. I didn't like the difference in packaging compared to the other current lines. The figures I didn't think looked bad but I pretty much have a Joker, Batman, and Mr. Freeze from the earlier Batman line. Sure they don't have as much articulation but they are also imprisoned in packaging so I don't care quite as much.

My K-mart is starting to frustrate me though, a week in and they have only started touching the action figures. Dolls and I think the preschool toys were for some reason their first change.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlor View Post
    So, I just got one of my Swamp Things today and when I torqued his leg too hard the wrong way, it popped right off! No biggie though, since they're using the same joint system as the CnCs. This raises the question, was he supposed to be a CnC at some point?
    My guess is that the Black Lantern version was going to be a CnC, hence why he is one of the options for the poll in the sub. In fact, I would not be surprised if all of the four guys in the poll were going to be the next 4 CnC figures.

That is also probably why he is so huge compared to the others. Of course, none of this matters anymore, since the sub is not going to happen.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Swamp Thing came in today. The rubber skin is an interesting experiment, but it would have better for a solid sculpt with articulation. The sculpt looks incredible and the rubber skin kind of makes him "alive" since he smells and is somewhat fleshy.

He's huge, which most people have a problem with, but I love. He's an elemental beast, basically a nature god that can do anything with his physical form.

The box and packaging is pretty epic and memorable.

On to some pics

"Matty" has a HUGE DCUC Subscription post!

Hey DCU fans!

Okay, so the big elephant in the room. YES, we know fans have been asking for more info on Club Infinite Earth’s and we want to help clear the air on a lot of confusion.

1: First off. Yes DC 6” will continue at retail in 2012 but their will be a lot of changes. Collect and Connect and the Wave strategy will be gone. The focus will be on much more mainstream and kid/mom friendly mixes/characters. This is WHY we created the club, to give a home to those team builders, C and D list characters and fan demanded variants who may no longer be showing up at retail in 2012.

2: A lot of fans were concerned over the limited purchase window and the timing with SDCC. This was very much due to the limited time Mattel had to make a required direction change for the line (due to both sales data and licensor requests). We wanted to keep the 6” line going (in terms of deep deep character selection). The Club concept was put together VERY quickly before SDCC which is why few details are not yet locked in at this point (i.e. packaging, full character roll out etc…). We’ve got our best collector team on this and are working hard with the die hard fans in mind to deliver what you have been asking for!

3: To clarify on character selection, as most fans have speculated, there will not be any repaints or rehashes in the online club. The whole point of the online Club Infinite Earth is to keep delivering the fan demanded figures you want in 6”Four Horsemen scale. Because the retail line is going a bit more mainstream, this online club IS the avenue going forward for fans to get the team builders, females, aliens and obscure characters they want. While we can’t reveal all the details for the line up, as a reference, just check out Club Eternia. MOTU fans have enjoyed a steady stream of fan requests, deliberate team building and never before made figures. This is the same basic strategy and approach we will be taking with the DC Club Infinite Earth sub. We know we don’t have all the details yet, but our strategy is the same. Definately a trust request here from Mattel to the fan base, but we are comitted to deliver on that!

4: Our meter really is the minimum number of “all in” sub buyers we need to turn the machines on. While Cherry Pickers are great for additional day-of sales, we need a committed baseline of sub holders to pull the trigger on this (much as we have for MOTU and GB each year, the sub is our guarantee that we can at least move the bare min number of units to keep the line going!). If you are on the fence, time to pony up and vote with your purchase!

Club Infinite Earths is designed for the die hard DCU 6” Four Horsemen style collector. The Club gives us the opportunity to do figures that would not work at retail (due to size, character selection or other factors) and is the best avenue for us to keep building teams and pumping out fan demanded figures. Again, just look at MOTUC. It started off as one figure a month and due to fan support as blossomed well beyond that.

So to do this we need your support! If you are still on the fence, hopefully this will clarify some concerns. Toy Guru, Fan Girl 2.0 and other members of our marketing staff will hang out on the Ask Matty forum and try to clear up any other remaining questions.

The future of DCU 6” is literally in fans hands. We know not every subscription program is perfect, but man, we really are burning the midnight oil to deliver a great program for you guys. If we have enough support, the club could potentially have unlimited potential!

Click on over to Mattycollector.com to purchase any one of the 2012 subscriptions and don’t forget to vote in the Club Infinite Earths sub only bonus figure poll to choose the first oversized figure!

Matty

I figured Mattel was doing an on the fly sales job, pretty much guarantees that DC screwed them over.