Page 186 of 210 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196 ... LastLast
Results 4,626 to 4,650 of 5230

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    That Batman is ugly and I don't mean in a cool way. He looks half assed. Why does his rib cage suddenly stop the moment it hits the middle of this upper torso? Or rather, the lower torso does not fit with the upper torso. The wings look way too small too.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Warrior
    No thank you.
    "These are the days of high adventure"

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    I will be completely thrilled to get him, Robin & Batgirl, the four major villains (preferably Newmar's Catwoman for me), and maybe Egghead, King Tut and Mr. Freeze (any). That's all I'm going to hope for, but I'll probably buy anything they make.
    If they show a King Tut at Toy Fair, that scream of unbridled joy heard for hundreds of miles will be mine. If Mattel hadn't tanked the B&B line, there would have been at least a chance to get "The Pharaoh," their version of Tut. But an actual Victor Buono Tut-Tut would be put in a prominent place of honor in my collection.

Given that the 60's Batman movie was the first movie I ever saw in theaters as a child (yes, the grumpy old dragon was once a wee hatchling), I am very happy to hear that there are actually going to be figures based on the TV show. Description of "assortment" and movie moment two-packs leaves me thinking the line will have multiple characters, though I fear we'll wind up with a pile of Adam Wests from the two-packs if you want all the characters made, given Mattel's never changing mindset. Still, I'll take a few extra portly figures (anyone think of some slightly pudgy customs that could be made from a 60's Batman?) if it means getting a Julie Newmar Catwoman or Frank Gorshin Riddler, I'll start my pile happily. And I'd stack that pile to the ceiling for a chance at a Tut-Tut.

As far as the DCnU and Injustice figures, they aren't horrid, but I'm not waiting with baited breath for them, either. I'm honestly happier with the prospect of the DK Batman and Batman of Planet X. Says something when the retail DC figures I'm looking forward to most are Bat variants. The DC sub, however, has me excited for guys like Elongated Man and the Stranger, so the comic end of the DC figures this year isn't a total loss.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Oh great, so instead of giving me the characters that matter like Ras, Talia, DKR Joker, they are going to give me ugly ass figures from a piece of **** tv series? Thanks Mattel, love how much you appreciate our support of the line.

BTW, after watching TDKR Pt2 today, Mattel MUST do a Joker figure since they are doing a Batman.

- - - Updated - - -

If I compared anything Mattel released to Figuarts I would throw up. Nothing Mattel releases can compare at all.
    from the sounds of it this would be a different SKU then other DC lines (hell with the legal issues behind the show it could actually be a completely different license for mattel ) i don't think were missing out on any dc figures we would be by getting these , injustice on the other hand...

Today's Hauls:

Penguin - He is pretty awesome outside of the random yellow that suddenly appears on his shirt. I just don't understand why it is there. I know it was there on the Super Powers version, but I never liked it then either. However, I must admit I find it ironic the holes on his feet are too big to allow him to be placed on a Super Powers stand. :haha:

Batgirl - This figure is awesome. She actually looks like a girl. Her arms are not twigs, and because her arms are proportionate to her body, her legs do not look like they are really long. Plus, I like the new head on her. My only complaints would be that they got rid of the waist swivel, the ab crunch, and her bicep swivels are gone. Oh, and she has absolutely no accessories whatsoever. I don't care what your feelings are on the New 52, this is the Batgirl figure is a must own if you want a Batgirl that does not suck in figure form.

Batman - I haven't spent too much time with him, but everything seems pretty solid here. I think the metallic shine really brings out his costume more. His joints are nice and tight and I do dig the new cape. In fact, until the TDKR batman comes out, right now, this is my second favorite Batman toy Mattel has ever done (#1 still goes to the Neal Adams one). Like Batgirl though, he has no accessories. I am really sick of Mattel cheapening out on these figures just because it is DC. They got rid of the CnC pieces, which is fine, but they really need to start including more with them to make up for the lack of the pieces. There is no reason neither Batman and Batgirl should not have come with at least a batarang and a bat claw.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Today's Hauls:
    Did you find the DC figures at retail? I really want to find that Penguin without having to pay inflated aftermarket prices. Penguin was one of my favorite DC Super Powers figures when I was a kid (along with Batman, Robin, and Joker.)
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

I've seen the non Bats assortment (Superman/Flash/Hawkman) at TRU & Target, so I would venture to say that they'll most likely be showing up there.

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    Did you find the DC figures at retail? I really want to find that Penguin without having to pay inflated aftermarket prices. Penguin was one of my favorite DC Super Powers figures when I was a kid (along with Batman, Robin, and Joker.)
    Yes, I got them at Target. Same with the Superman and Hawkman I posted 2 weeks ago. My target has not done their resets yet, so I looked up their DPCI numbers on their price checker machine, it said they had them instock, so I told an employee their machine says they have some items in stock but I could not find them on the shelf. The guy just went to the back and brought out the case for me. There are 3 Batmans, 2 Penguins, and 1 Batgirl.

BTW, I realized after my post that Batgirl has a swivel at the elbows and chest.

I found and bought the new Batgirl and Hawkman figures. Both of these figures are solid with great detail and quality. Having Batgirl in hand makes me wish that all the Dc females had swivel elbows. Batman and Flash looked great as well. Superman has an ugly face. I just can't get over his thick eyebrows, derpy eyes, facial expression, and horrid hair style. The Dc direct version of Superman looks so much better (it's too bad that his articulation is lacking).

I have pretty much given up collecting DCUC, but this TDK Batman will be mine!

Yeah he's the combination of two of my favorite things. Batman and MOTUC. Action figure candy.

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    They need to relaunch the entire DC line in that TDKR style. He looks great, but so much of the new Matty DC stuff looks really sad.

Okay wow. I am totally getting that Batman for my MOTUC collection!!!
    Now they need to do a Superman to go with him
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Heroic Warrior
    Don't collect DCUC anymore, but saw the Crime Syndicate 5-pack on clearance at Walmart for $35. Was tempted, but had to leave it.
    Positive Transactions:

As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

EBay: StLouisStallions
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Evil Vixen/Heroic Chef Starshine's Avatar
    So, did anyone else see that there are new pictures up of Fire & Huntress? Fire looks to come with an energy accessory, too!
    ~RK
    ".....We wouldn't think of putting something on the screen - whether for theatres, television, or home video - without building in pro-social values..."

- Lou Scheimer (1984)

This is what its all about, folks.

Seeing Huntress all painted and FINALLY the reveal of Fire is awesome! Hope we manage to get Ice before the year is over to finish the pair!

Last edited by Skullface; February 7, 2013 at 10:58pm.

Huntress looks like meh. Her face is royally jacked up.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Excellent news!!! Fire & Ice have been high on my list for a long time - so I have to think with this reveal that Ice won't be too far off. (A lead-in to the 2014 sub, perhaps!) If I can get her and Zauriel, I think I'll be pretty set!
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

It's kinda odd... like she's scared or tasted a citric ice cream. Anyway, I'm going to get her, I bleed of not being able to get DC Direct Hush version back in the day
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Heroic Warrior
    She looks cross-eyed.
    Positive Transactions:

As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

EBay: StLouisStallions

Last edited by SCB; February 8, 2013 at 03:36am.

DC Collectibles "Injustice: Gods Among Us" and "New 52" figures...

Harley Quinn and Cyborg Injustice: Gods Among Us two-pack

Wonder Woman and Solomon Grundy Injustice: Gods Among Us two-pack

The Flash and Vibe The New 52 two-pack

Wonder Woman and Katana The New 52 two-pack

Martian Manhunter The New 52 figure

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Seeing Huntress all painted and FINALLY the reveal of Fire is awesome! Hope we manage to get Ice before the year is over to finish the pair!
    Close-ups of their head sculpts...

Yeah! Harley! I'm still rooting for a Suicide Squad outfit, but I'll take any Harley I can get. I'll pass on the others & sell off Cyborg. Hope I can get this easily.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

First ones!