Page 198 of 210 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200208 ... LastLast
Results 4,926 to 4,950 of 5226

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

Heroic Warrior
    I'm pretty disappointed by all the SDCC reveals.

My main hope was TDKR Superman and it wasn't revealed. I guess it could show up as part of the DC subscription, but that doesn't seem fair to subscribers since it's such an easy figure for Mattel to produce and it would be yet another Superman variant.

It also strikes me as bizarre that fans have been asking for a single "Movie Masters" line which includes characters from multiple movie franchises for a long time and Mattel respond by announcing a 4" Burton/Keaton Batman. What are fans meant to do with their MM figures from the recent Batman trilogy, Man of Steel and Green Lantern? Buy all those figures again in the 4" scale?

The new 6" retail line doesn't appeal to me. And I'm not sure it will appeal to parents since those 6" figures will probably have a decent price tag. I'm surprised that they just didn't continue to expand their current "Justice League" line at Target in the "Brave and the Bold" styling.

Yeah. The dc Mattel lines just seem very haphazard and disjointed right now.

I really wanted a dkr superman as well. Sad.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

To be fair, Marvel Legends is also cancelled and rebranded as something else. Retail is a new ball game for both companies it seems.

They should have rebranded Marvel Legends anyways. Of course I only saw one of the newest waves, and I still haven't seen any of the NU52 figures anywhere. I was planning on picking up the Superman and Batman to open with the rest of my DCUC figures since the only versions of those guys I have are either variants (Sinestro Corps) or from the DCSH/Batman lines.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Well I'm pretty much done here. As far as I am concerned, the line is over after Nov as Fire, Huntress, Ocean Master, and Ra's have hit it out of the park (well, they need to get rid of Ra's eyebrows and put white in his hair). Don't care about Batzarro, but at least he isn't the Trix rabbit. Yeah, I would want Ice, but not enough to suffer another year of this subscription crap. I'll just preorder her at BBTS and be done with it. I don't care about Aquaman or "zombie eyes" Superboy, and the sub will never hit Tier 2 to get Doomsday Unleashed. To be honest, I care more about seeing what Bluefin has to offer with their DC Injustice Figuarts line than I do with anything Mattel wants to show us in the future. I
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Okay, I've had some time to absorb and get the facts straight about the DC offerings.

4" lines: Wow, right after I say chances are nil for Mattel to make a 4" line with good articulation because everyone else is going in the other direction, they prove me dead wrong. I'd still like classic characters in that scale, but I think it's become pretty clear that DC wants no part of anything that occurred in their books before Didio, so that ain't gonna get approved. Still, what I'm seeing is some good stuff from the properties offered. The details are good, the articulation looks fine, and they don't look like something that should come with a burger and apple slices. Only real problem I see is the idea that we get six of each property. If the movie wave is JUST Batman 1989, I can see that. But for other things, a mere six figures and then on to the next thing barely gives you a taste, or something worth displaying. I'm not into video games, but the Arkham figures really should have more than this just based on the variety of characters and designs.

6" retail: Not sure what to make of these; stylized for the sake of being stylized (and the style, if one can call it that, is really lacking any defining characteristics), and re-use built in to the point that it really makes the figures look cheap. I'll have to see what they look like on the pegs, but this might be something I pass on. Looks like a real waste of the Fab Four's time and talent, to be honest.

4" Batman: these I'll get, as I have the 6" versions. This is actually a coherent, definable style, and, while I'm not usually into that sort of thing, it works pretty well here as it carries over from figure to figure. I think shrinking these down is a good idea, as the aforementioned exaggerated/minimalist style looks to work better in the smaller scale (I noticed this on the 4" figures from this line out at Big Lots right now). And expanding into other characters like Flash and Green Arrow (where's Hal?!?!?!?!) makes it a lot more appealing to collectors while keeping the kid interest. I'm actually looking forward to this one.

Club Infinite: Mostly good stuff. Ice was expected but still welcome, and, although my first though at seeing Ra's was "another use for the suit body," I don't recall ever getting this version, his initial appearance, in 6" form before (although it looks like he has eyebrows, which need to go). Superby/Connor is a little odd looking, but has been wanted for a while. Ocean Master is a nice classic addition. Hooked Horror Aquaman is well done, but a version and era I never cared for at all. Still, again, a figure that's been requested a lot. Batzarro?!?!?!?! I've never even heard anyone mention said character. Got to be a cheap re-use figure that got dropped from the Bat retail line back when they were doing non-52 stuff. I've never called a figure a total waste of a slot before, but this one is. I got the DCD version a while back from a bin of $5 figures at a local show (still in package for 5 bucks; real popular character), and that was enough to pay for him. All I see is a cheap way to re-use Bat parts (and paint guides) to cut costs. I understand putting Bat characters in the sub to attract Bat fans, but I can think of others in that family who would require no more work and be something people have actually, at some point, asked for. This is the kind of move that convinces folks not to roll the dice on the subs (what Snake Man-at-Arms almost was to MOTUC). If Mattel wants to encourage subs here, they should say, "We won't do this again. Promise!" As for the sub exclusive, I know most folks want a bigger fully unleashed Doomsday, but I actually hope that, if they reach tier 2 for that version, that they do release the green suited bound version, as well (which apparently is a possibility from what TG has said in an interview). We've got more than one of the former version in multiple scales (just not one that is right for DCUC, unfortunately), and NO figure of Doomsday in the containment suit, so, honestly, I want the latter version more than the former (especially given that I doubt we'll have another chance). Both are very much worth having, though, and this is a good example of Mattel really listening to the fans. Honestly, if it weren't for the ludicrous Batbozo being foisted upon us, the showing would have been one of their best at this SDCC.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Nope, Scott has said Batzarro has a new head and belt, so he is more just just a repaint. So glad they picked him, as I would never have wanted anyone like Vandal Savage.

BTW, are Fire and Huntress seriously the only females in the entire sub this year? That is LAME!!!!!!!!

With that said, Mattel can shove their 4inch and cartoon 6inch garbage up their butts!!
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

The answer is yes

thought you said Fire and Ice.
    Last edited by wyldman11; July 24, 2013 at 07:18pm.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Does anyone actually save the packaging for these? I went through a lot of effort to preserve the packaging, but I'm ready to just toss them.

Figures weren't that big, but these huge bubbles take up a spectacular amount of space....
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Typically when the cards have bios on them I keep the cards, but in this case I tossed them.

I like to be able to put them back in the package for an extra display option. The card alone isn't worth holding onto, IMO, because it can't house the figure.

But these are freakin massive, man.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

I am a collector of DCUC and am sad to see the retail line end. It did not surprise me due to the way Unlimited was handled. Honestly, I would rarely see anything on the pegs which makes me wonder if it would have sold better if there had been. I am hoping the sub goes through as I have no interest in any of Mattel's DC retail products. The SDCC DC panel was very disappointing. -_-

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Looks like a real waste of the Fab Four's time and talent, to be honest.
    Its not a waste because from everything I have heard the 4H have nothing to do with that new 6" line, that is in house Mattel just like the Target line is in house Mattel.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    Does anyone actually save the packaging for these? I went through a lot of effort to preserve the packaging, but I'm ready to just toss them.

Figures weren't that big, but these huge bubbles take up a spectacular amount of space....
    Nope. The only thing I keep my packages to are Japanese figures (Figuarts), but mostly because I plan to move into a house hopefully within the next 3 years, and wanted to keep the packages to the figures that are much more fragile than US toys that are made to be kid durable no matter what the line is. Well that and I keep most of my accessories (since Figuarts tend to have a lot) in their original boxes so I know what belongs to whom.

Anyway, with the DC stuff, the artwork on the club boxes is down right terrible and I have the DC Encyclopedia for their bios.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrBear View Post
    I am a collector of DCUC and am sad to see the retail line end. It did not surprise me due to the way Unlimited was handled. Honestly, I would rarely see anything on the pegs which makes me wonder if it would have sold better if there had been. I am hoping the sub goes through as I have no interest in any of Mattel's DC retail products. The SDCC DC panel was very disappointing. -_-
    Honestly, half of me is glad. It means I no longer have any reason to give Mattel my money after this year as I sold off my entire MOTUC collection, so I am done collecting that line. And now with DCU done, I can fit the line into an exact set of shelves and get rid of the characters I don't want (such as the variants). Aside from that, the line has also just gotten way too expensive. I am paying $35 a figure for the club figures, and that is way too much for what I am getting. That is one of the reasons I am not subbing again next year. I don't want Aquaman or Superboy, so that is $70 in toys I don't want I would be spending.

The other half of my, however, is cursing up a river because there are still about 33 characters I really wanted before the line ended.

Having fun with Red Rain

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Having fun with Red Rain
    I 'd have preferred that figure over the high demanded Batzarro...
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Honestly, half of me is glad. It means I no longer have any reason to give Mattel my money after this year as I sold off my entire MOTUC collection, so I am done collecting that line. And now with DCU done, I can fit the line into an exact set of shelves and get rid of the characters I don't want (such as the variants). Aside from that, the line has also just gotten way too expensive. I am paying $35 a figure for the club figures, and that is way too much for what I am getting. That is one of the reasons I am not subbing again next year. I don't want Aquaman or Superboy, so that is $70 in toys I don't want I would be spending.

The other half of my, however, is cursing up a river because there are still about 33 characters I really wanted before the line ended, but I'm not willing to continue being a battered house wife just to get those characters.
    I do agree the price has gotten steep, though I actually do want all the characters show off. Excluding SF Toyman and the Wonder Twins (Who I loathe) I have been mostly a completist with the line. I am not as enthused as I once was but it is still the only American toyline still going that I have interest in collecting. If it ends I will have more money for figmas and (since the inclusion of Sailormoon and MegaTen) the arts lines.

Oh, you are a Shin Megami Tensei fan? AWESOME!!!

Anyway, I completely agree with what this guy said on facebook:

Sorry but that meter is pure "Marketing". Ooooh the flame is at He-man's knee...what does that tell me exactly? Is that 20 subs sold? 200? 2000? You can't compare this to kickstarter, but if you want tips maybe call the 4 Horsemen and ask them how it works. You see the target goal in numbers, in DOLLARS, and the progress gets updated in numbers, in DOLLARS.

The goal hitting He-man/s ankle, knees, crotch, hand, head, sword, whatever tells me no kinds of useful information at all. Is the tip of the sword 5000 subs? 10,000? 5?

Bottom line: I have bought my two subs. That is all I can do. I can't force other people to spend their money. I'm sure not going to pimp myself out to MOTUC, or be a pledge drive, or market a line for a billion dollar toy company of which I am a PAYING CUSTOMER.

So if you want my money Mattel, you step it up. You get it out there, spread the word, blog, socialize, beg, plead and deliver to get that business.
    Last edited by Dr Kain; July 28, 2013 at 12:44pm.

Yup, quite fond of MegaTen. Excited for Elizabeth and the re-release of Thanatos. I am hoping that maybe Bandai will do Igor and Philemon (P2 version). The protagonist of Nocturne would be nice as well. Ultimately, Anime (Though think the quality of new titles has gone down in the past decade) and games are kind of my main pop culture interest. I still like things like MOTU, DC, Star Wars, etc... But not as heavily into merchandise and the like.

mattel's batman 1966 figures

cool figures.. want them all and that batmobile.. bad ass

when n where will they be sold?

and how much is the batmobile?
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

What Batmobile?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    What Batmobile?
    This one:

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    THe Barris Batmobile is supposed to be a TRU exclusive, last I knew. The two pack of Batman and Robin climbing the wall is out through e-tailers, but I haven't yet heard if anyone has found it at retail.

As for the DC sub, I really hope that it goes through. The new 6" line at retail is going to be a hard sell for me, and there is so much, like the Legion, that still needs to be made in the DCUC style. I still want classic figures, and this is the only route for basically anything that isn't video game or New 52. Doesn't look good so far, but I'm far from panicking yet (although revealing something like Batzarro for the sub doesn't help the cause...).
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

You can order the "TRU" Exclusive Batmobile at Target for $10 cheaper than TRU's price and its in stock now, makes no sense but I and a few others did and it came today. Its legit and its the TRU Exclusive Batmobile

Its awesome and totally worth the $50, so if you guys want it head to Target online and pick it up before it sells out
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    You can order the "TRU" Exclusive Batmobile at Target for $10 cheaper than TRU's price and its in stock now, makes no sense but I and a few others did and it came today. Its legit and its the TRU Exclusive Batmobile

Its awesome and totally worth the $50, so if you guys want it head to Target online and pick it up before it sells out
    Oh, man! That's terrible!
    I'm looking for that Batmobile and being in Argentina makes it impossible through Ebay (cheapest is $125 plus shipping!).
    Why such beautiful item is not sold at Matty?
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread