Page 210 of 210 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210
Results 5,226 to 5,244 of 5244

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Glad we are getting Unleashed Doomsday (even if we were potentially lied to). But will those of us that subscribed to the 2015 sub be allowed early access for him ?

JAG2045
    Probably only those subscribed to Club Eternia 2014 and/or Club Etheria 2014. Early access for Club Eternia 2015 should start in January 2015.

Ordered DCUC Superboy today - cant believe only Damien Wayne left

Anyone else pick up Superboy or the SP figs?

JAG2045
    My feedback
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=108414
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=jag2045
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=117706

Great traders: Blue-jackal/Fneh(2)/Daz/Royalt1us/Evil-Orko/Buythepower/Booster/Adora/Zodac101/tokyonever/lemure77(2)/Vess(2)/Scorpia/Buzzsaw Hordak/miscus555/tmc1984/General Hawk 7

I picked up a Superman since I technically don't have a Superman already in this line.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I picked up Superboy and the Super Powers Batman and Superman. I liked the Wonderwoman but she wasn't drastically different enough for me to spend the extra cash.

On a side note, I just picked up the new 52 Darkseid (MOTUC buck) at Tuesday Morning for $6.99. I don't really care for the new 52 at all but I didn't have a Darkseid, it's based on a MOTUC buck, and it was only $7.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Court Magician
    Buried where neither man nor demon would want to look
    I bought the 3 SP figures. I'm a big New Gods fan, so I wanted the Kalibak BAF parts. I'm going to resell the WW and Supes, but the Batman is going to be my default Batman. Up until now I've had Azrael Batman from the Bane wave fighting all of the bad guys. He needs some classic SP-styled help!

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    On a side note, I just picked up the new 52 Darkseid (MOTUC buck) at Tuesday Morning for $6.99. I don't really care for the new 52 at all but I didn't have a Darkseid, it's based on a MOTUC buck, and it was only $7.
    Good to know. I'll have to check my local TM. I'm not a super huge fan of the re-design, but for $7 I'd add it to my Darkseid collection.
    It's a big rock. I can't wait to tell my friends. They don't have a rock this big.

Heroic Warrior
    Unleashed Doomsday for $40 is an easy buy! I was expecting $50-$60, he will be available Cyber Monday, wonder if Cyber Monday will have early access?

Just got my Mxyzptlk. REALLY debated on him due to the price. (Just shy of $47 shipped) Hope I can sell the Kalibak piece to recoup some of the cost.

Will be glad to finish this line off with the last 2 figures. (Still need to track down a reasonably priced Red Robin)
    This space for rent, apparently.....

I ordered a SP Riddler and SP Superman from this past EA sale. The packaging is super cool with the big bright graphics. You can tell a lot of love went into it. Riddler looks OK. The paint of the arms and the legs isn't the most even. But Superman has a big glob of glue on his chest, a glob of paint on his forehead, and to top it all off, the yellow on his chest S symbol isn't totally painted. Nice one Mattel, hopefully I can exchange him for a better example.

The blue on Superman is a bit darker than I expected. I know people have been saying this for a while, but it looked brighter in pictures. I think I know why - if you look at an old, yellowed, DC Super Powers Superman, it looks just like this. That must be where they got the color reference from.

Without the QC flaws, it's probably the best looking officially released Superman in DCUC, for whatever that's worth.

I don't particularly care to complete Kalibak, but the head that I got with the Riddler has a nasty bluish swirl on the forehead as well.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things arenít absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I donít collect toys to be miserable. So Iíd rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Got Mxyzptlk yesterday, and have never felt so utterly ripped off on a figure before. It's not the figure itself....as a sculpt goes, it's actually quite nice...but the fact that I paid $30 for it galls me, especially since I will likely not end up completing Kalibak unless the other figures go on massive discount.

Since a friend of mine was ordering all three figures, I was able to get my Mxy in the same box, which at least reduced the shipping cost dramatically. But still...I am glad we're nearing the end of the line, at this rate...just Doomsday and Damian to go. Because at these prices...yeeeesh.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    Got Mxyzptlk yesterday, and have never felt so utterly ripped off on a figure before. It's not the figure itself....as a sculpt goes, it's actually quite nice...but the fact that I paid $30 for it galls me, especially since I will likely not end up completing Kalibak unless the other figures go on massive discount.

Since a friend of mine was ordering all three figures, I was able to get my Mxy in the same box, which at least reduced the shipping cost dramatically. But still...I am glad we're nearing the end of the line, at this rate...just Doomsday and Damian to go. Because at these prices...yeeeesh.
    Well, the way I like to think about it is that if he had been released as an SDCC exclusive or other similar limited release (like Gleek), people would be happily paying $50+ for just him on eBay. So, it sucks, but it could be worse.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things arenít absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I donít collect toys to be miserable. So Iíd rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

Heroic Warrior
    Is Mxyzptlk articulated at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobubott View Post
    Is Mxyzptlk articulated at all?
    Three points - neck and shoulders. I don't think there's anything else.

Due to space issues I had to move on the majority of my Classics figures, they've gone to a good home though, kept a handfull of BAFs though, Chemo, Validus, Brimstone and Ultra Humanite. I picked up the Riddler GL and Gold Superman the other week though and I suspect I will be getting some of the others in the line as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    Three points - neck and shoulders. I don't think there's anything else.
    And waist. What sucks if that you cannot lower his arms at all. They are stuck parallel to the floor and can only rotate.
    Who's Who of the Masters of the Universe: my on-going project of MOTU character information, including bios, powers, weaknesses, weapons, stats and trivia.

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar

Matty Collector Super Powers Figures Quality Issues?

So I hear that a lot of folks have gotten some bad figures. Has anyone got good figs with a good paint job, etc?

I really wanted these figures, but all the issues (and the price) have kinda scared me off.

Any input/stories would be great. If you did get a bad one and returned it, did you get a good one the second go round?

Did anybody order the loose ones from China on eBay?

Pictures would be great, too.

Thanks,

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Got a surprise at Target last night; there's a new multipack out for their exclusive Justice League line (the ones in the Brave and Bold style without the hex holes). It's mostly existing figures with a costume variant on Batman, but the big draw is the huge Darkseid figure exclusive to the set. He's done in the New 52 style, and I'm not sure of the articulation (didn't get the chance to open it yet). Would have been nice to include the Hawkman figure they showed for the line some time ago rather than a bunch of figures we already have (Supes, Wonder woman, Cyborg and GL look identical to the single carded figures), but the Darkseid does make it worth considering, methinks.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Got my Unleashed Doomsday with Early Access in a very smooth and quick transaction.

Looks like the Containment Suit version sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Got my Unleashed Doomsday with Early Access in a very smooth and quick transaction.

Looks like the Containment Suit version sold out.
    Same here - makes me worry if something's wrong.

Most of the 2013 DC Club subscription figures are on DEEP discount - $6 each for Saint Walker, Elongated Man, Huntress, etc.

The Super Powers figures are down to $24 each (of course they are).

Someone used those cart tricks to get stock numbers. They said they had about 250 Containment Suit Doomsdays that they ran through and about 5,500 Unleashed Doomsday on the site.

They need to discount Castle Grayskull. That $300 price point isn't going to move any units without zero incentives.