Page 109 of 207 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,725 of 5168

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

Did all the SF characters appear in comics, or is Mattel incorporating characters from other media into Classics now? If so I'd really like to get the Ultimen from JLU who were based on the SF characters. Wind Dragon, Juice, Shifter, Downpour, Galitea, and a CnC Longshadow would be pretty neat.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Did all the SF characters appear in comics, or is Mattel incorporating characters from other media into Classics now? If so I'd really like to get the Ultimen from JLU who were based on the SF characters. Wind Dragon, Juice, Shifter, Downpour, Galitea, and a CnC Longshadow would be pretty neat.
    They did all those characters in the JLU line.

I doubt we'll be seeing heavy cartoon line-ups in DCUC. I think we just got these because they did the Wonder Twins in 2009, and they had to do Samurai to complete Super Powers. I'm sure their offices would have been burned down if they did those and left out Black Vulcan/Apache Chief/El Dorado.

Besides-the only reason those characters were even IN JLU was because there were rights issues at the time using the original characters-otherwise it would have been the SF crew in JLU.
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post

I doubt we'll be seeing heavy cartoon line-ups in DCUC. I think we just got these because they did the Wonder Twins in 2009, and they had to do Samurai to complete Super Powers. I'm sure their offices would have been burned down if they did those and left out Black Vulcan/Apache Chief/El Dorado.

Besides-the only reason those characters were even IN JLU was because there were rights issues at the time using the original characters-otherwise it would have been the SF crew in JLU.
    First, I don't care about the JLU line, but I liked those characters. Second, I'm aware there were rights issues, but they're different characters and again, I liked them, so I don't agree with using that they were surrogates against them anymore than the SF characters being obvious PC additions should be held against them or their fans. Third, like I said, there's been a rule that DCUC was to be characters from the comics (or at least in the Super Powers line), and supposedly the Twins appeared in comics somewhere, so I wondered if these others did too or if they've ditched the rule.

Most have had another character based on them, usually with an unrelated name. I think there was a superfriends comic but that doesn't exactly count
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    They made a 3-pack of Samurai/Black Vulcan/Apache Chief. They didn't make the twins in JLU, and they also did not make any of the Ultimen (besides Galatea).

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    First, I don't care about the JLU line, but I liked those characters. Second, I'm aware there were rights issues, but they're different characters and again, I liked them, so I don't agree with using that they were surrogates against them anymore than the SF characters being obvious PC additions should be held against them or their fans. Third, like I said, there's been a rule that DCUC was to be characters from the comics (or at least in the Super Powers line), and supposedly the Twins appeared in comics somewhere, so I wondered if these others did too or if they've ditched the rule.

My understanding is that Cyclotron and Golden Pharaoh are exclusive to Super Powers and didn't appear in DC proper (Not counting the little minicomics that came with the figures.)

The Twins did appear in the comics - Zan & Jayna were part of Captain Atom's short-lived "Extreme Justice" JL team in the '90s, along with Maxima, Firestorm, Amazing Man, & Beetle and Booster. I have no idea what's become of them since, though.

To the best of my knowledge, Samurai, Black Vulcan, and Apache Chief are exclusive to the SF cartoon. Pastiches of them have appeared, such as on JLU, or Manitou Raven in the JLA comic about ten years ago, but never officially, so far as I'm aware.

Oh, and the story goes that Black Vulcan is a stand-in for Black Lightning due to a rights battle with Tony Isabella - so in a way, he at least has a precedent.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Wow I'm so glad the walmart waves are stopping Im not to keen on the SP wave except Captain Boomerang (I missed Super Powers as a kid but Apache chief looks cool, but I really want some more of the Rogues- seriously reverse flash/Zoom is the easiest/cheapest repaint possible)

Also managed to get wave 16 Robin (Teenage/80's version), GL wave 1 Low and the GL 5 pack (so glad to finally have Guy Gardner)

Only need Black Lantern Abin Sur now to complete Arkillo

JAG2045
    My feedback
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=108414
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=jag2045
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=117706

Great traders: Blue-jackal/Fneh(2)/Daz/Royalt1us/Evil-Orko/Buythepower/Booster/Adora/Zodac101/tokyonever/lemure77(2)/Vess(2)/Scorpia/Buzzsaw Hordak/miscus555/tmc1984/General Hawk 7

No they didn't. They haven't done any of those characters, except Galitea. They did the original versions of Black Vulcan, Apache Chief and Samurai in a three-pack, but have never done the Ultimen.

I doubt the Ultimen will be part of DCUC, probably because they're too obscure and the Super Friends characters are sort of dream-come-true, nostalgia inclusions. Black Vulcan, El Dorado and the Wonder Twins were supposed to be part of Super Powers' fourth assortment and the Four Horsemen have issued numerous characters that were also slated for that wave, Blue Devil, Vigilante, Obsidian, The Creeper and (rumored upcoming) Manhunter. They also seem to be from my almost exact generation with the same background, so they probably grew up wanting the made-up Super Friends as toys as much as I did.

Whatever issue there was with including the Hanna Barbera-originated characters was cleared up and I'm pretty sure Mattel can now make ANY DC character they want. That's why they've already done the Twins and the JLU 3-pack, as well as Blue Beetle in JLU and others.

As for comics, DC published a Super Friends comic for years in the 70s-80s, which starred the Twins (and originally Marvin, Wendy and Wonder Dog) and then three Super Powers minis, in which Samurai, Golden Pharaoh and Cyclotron appeared. Samurai has appeared recently in Final Crisis and JLA. Alex Ross came up with a revamp for Black Vulcan, who he wanted to call just "Vulcan" and would have integrated him into the Shazam Family, but DC passed. So neither he, nor El Dorado, have made comic appearances.

Is Apache Chief the C&C with the Samurai, Black Vulcan, Toyman wave??

Quote Originally Posted by NSP View Post
    Is Apache Chief the C&C with the Samurai, Black Vulcan, Toyman wave??
    yup!!!!

Now all we need is marvin wendy and the mutt!! lol
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    No they didn't. They haven't done any of those characters, except Galitea. They did the original versions of Black Vulcan, Apache Chief and Samurai in a three-pack, but have never done the Ultimen.
    I stand corrected - I swear I thought I remembered at least seeing prototypes for the Ultimen at one point - maybe they were just someone's customs.

Whatever issue there was with including the Hanna Barbera-originated characters was cleared up and I'm pretty sure Mattel can now make ANY DC character they want. That's why they've already done the Twins and the JLU 3-pack, as well as Blue Beetle in JLU and others.
    Yeah, they can pretty much do anyone DC, *EXCEPT* Vertigo characters, which is why they repeatedly tell us we'll never get a Swamp Thing C&C. Even though his title was published for YEARS before there even was Vertigo-Hell, he was in attendance at Superman's wedding!

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    I'll mostly skip the Super Friends wave, which is good for my wallet ... especially if the rumors of the upcoming Batman Legacy 2packs are true.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Quote Originally Posted by Sword-of-Grayskull View Post
    I'll mostly skip the Super Friends wave, which is good for my wallet ... especially if the rumors of the upcoming Batman Legacy 2packs are true.
    same here. i'll only get toyman.

I will be skipping it, even though they all look good nothing I want to add to my collection is in that wave. Maybe Boomerang for a Flash villain but that would be it.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Yeah, Superfriends is best left forgotten.

I've been giving some thought to photographing some of my collection - and I am really looking forward to the opportunity of getting a shot of my complete DCUC Superfriends and my complete DCUC Legion of Doom charging at each other.

The more I think about this wave, the happier I am about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    I've been giving some thought to photographing some of my collection - and I am really looking forward to the opportunity of getting a shot of my complete DCUC Superfriends and my complete DCUC Legion of Doom charging at each other.

The more I think about this wave, the happier I am about it.
    Agreed! Super Friends is definitely a "You had to be there" thing. I totally get why a lot of people wouldn't be interested, but those of us that are are DYING for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    Agreed! Super Friends is definitely a "You had to be there" thing. I totally get why a lot of people wouldn't be interested, but those of us that are are DYING for it!
    While I am skipping the wave, I am however happy it's coming out for those who wanted it. I know this fanbase has been quite vocal about getting the rest of the figures. It's one thing I really like about the line is for those who don't collect the whole line (sounds like a large portion of it's fans) there are many things throughout the line for fans of particular portions or eras or whatever of DC comics to get excited about. I do find the fans sometimes disconcerting when they poopoo on portions they individually don't want.

In away for me though, I am in a similar boat once that wave hits. I still need to pick up some figures I missed, I kept hoping they would rerelease them but they haven't. But aside from that there isn't much left that I look forward to. I would like a Huntress, Oracle, a better Kid Flash and that will finish off what I like in this line. (Just about everything Green Lantern sadly I probably won't end up with a Killowog, and a Teen Titans, Justice League, Birds of Prey line up that I like).

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Even though I grew up with Superfriends, I'm not big on Apache Chief, El Dorado, or Black Vulcan. So I'll be passing on those. But that Toyman is AWESOME!!! He looks so appropriately creepy, and his accessories are FANTASTIC.....

While it's great that we finally have the Legion of Doom completed, we still have some heavy hitters that are still woefully missing:

• Poison Ivy
    • Professor Zoom
    • Dr. Light
    • Felix Faust
    • The Shade

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    i'm excited about some of the dc figs coming up. mr freeze, gordon, two face, and those two new batman figs look great.

i'll pick up some of the movie GLs to fill out my display and that crime sindicate is a must buy.
    You think Freeze looks good? The colors are extremely hard to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Yuck View Post
    Even though I grew up with Superfriends, I'm not big on Apache Chief, El Dorado, or Black Vulcan. So I'll be passing on those. But that Toyman is AWESOME!!! He looks so appropriately creepy, and his accessories are FANTASTIC.....

While it's great that we finally have the Legion of Doom completed, we still have some heavy hitters that are still woefully missing:

• Poison Ivy
    • Professor Zoom
    • Dr. Light
    • Felix Faust
    • The Shade

I love the 'evil' yo-yo and top!

Ivy & Reverse-Flash are at the very top of my most-needed list - I'd add Flash (Jay Garrick) as the only other major 'big gun' missing; some folks I've talked to would probably like to include Huntress and Ra's al Ghul as well. Not sure how much I'd consider the other three heavy-hitters per se (by comparison), but would definitely like to see them in the line.

But at this point, outside of those select few, I think DCUC is coming down to individual want lists, as opposed to huge gaps. Poison Ivy seems to be the only universally-agreed upon MIA figure.

For me, it's characters like Fire & Ice, and Zauriel. But there are plenty who only want modern-age versions, or anything but, etc., so it's anyone's game.

There is the rumored wave later this year that is supposed to be a JSA based wave, and the Flash listed is like Jay.

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    There is the rumored wave later this year that is supposed to be a JSA based wave, and the Flash listed is like Jay.
    Very true - and to be frank, I'll be very surprised if Zoom and Ivy are omitted - just a question of actually getting to them.

I think my "Must-have" list has been narrowed down quite a bit, but there are ALWAYS others I need to have to feel like my collection is really complete:

90's Kyle Rayner GL
    90's hook-hand Aquaman
    Mera
    Poison Ivy
    Huntress
    Swamp Thing C&C
    Doomsday C&C
    Crimson Avenger
    Phantom Stranger
    Felix Faust
    Granny Goodness
    Hippolyta
    Sgt. Rock
    Mad Hatter
    Hawk (Hank Hall)
    Dove (Don Hall)
    Fire
    Ice
    Classic Captain Boomerang
    Jay Garrick (rumored for Wave 19)
    Wesley Dodds Sandman (rumored for Wave 19)
    Lois Lane
    Jimmy Olson
    Alfred
    Commissioner Gordon
    Harvey Bullock
    Business suit Lex
    Trickster
    Zoom
    Ra's Al Ghul
    Talia Al Ghul
    Black Mask
    Black Orchid
    Atrocitus
    Larfleeze
    Warlord
    Ocean Master
    Circe
    Vixen
    Jade
    Salaak
    Arisia
    Parallax (Hal Jordan)
    Ace & Krypto
    6" Apache Chief
    6" Giganta

OK, nevermind - I'll NEVER have a complete collection!

I finally found Martian Manhunter last night. His right leg was stuck. I tried the heat and freeze trick and that loosened it right up.

I know that everyone had been saying that there are Martian Manhunters out there with incorrect smaller biceps, and in some cases even one of each. I don't know what I got but they look pretty bulky to me and they have the veins on them that are consistent with the rest of arm sculpt. Whichever the case, I'm going to pretend I have the correct ones because I'm happy with him as is.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    You think Freeze looks good? The colors are extremely hard to look at.
    it looks ok enough to fulfill my mr freeze open space.