Page 11 of 210 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Universe Classics Figure Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MOTUfan View Post
    Has wave one hit stores yet? And isnt it under a new name now?

Brent
    I believe the new name is just DC Universe.

I'm not sure when wave 1 hits. If it's not shortly after X-Mas when the stores do their resets, I'd guess spring......
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Just now starting to see the wave with clayface. But all I come accross on the pegs are the all black batman and Nightwing.
    " I have the POWER!!!!!"
    Need:

Batman with the Batsignal from 4H line

Sucessful transactions with: Royalt1us, Jag2045, Zodach, WENDIGO, Burtdawg, Illicitjedi, KingHiss

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Who's in the wave, and who's the BAF?
    Robin (New Sculpt)
    Nightwing (New Sculpt)
    Deathstroke
    Green Lantern (Hal Jordon)
    Sinestro

Build a figure Solmon Grundy

I cna't believe I managed to find a Batgirl and Two-Face that someone was trying to hide up in the cubbyhole at Toys 'R Us the other week! I was so stoked!!!!

And those two caught me up on all the ones that are out that I want.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Heroic Warrior
    Man, I love these things.

I found Clayface, Catwoman, and the newest Batman a couple weeks ago, and I can't put 'em down!

Hey!

Has wave one hit stores yet? And isnt it under a new name now?

Brent
    I just received a delivery confirmation from Corner Store Comics... the only orders I have in with them right now are for waves 1-3 of these new DC Classics figures! So... that must mean WAVE ONE IS EN ROUTE TO MY HOUSE! Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I just received a delivery confirmation from Corner Store Comics... the only orders I have in with them right now are for waves 1-3 of these new DC Classics figures! So... that must mean WAVE ONE IS EN ROUTE TO MY HOUSE! Nice!
    That's aweome. Need to do a web search for this shop heh.

Brent
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    Has Man-Bat even been released yet? I'm wondering if that's ever going to even see stores, with DC Classics coming so soon.

EDIT: Wave 1 is out! Here is pics!
    http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/f...=111978#111978
    I'm disappointed Batman's cape is so short, althought the gray color is nice and dark. Also, I found scans of wave 3 in Toyfare, though I can't post them...
    Last edited by Sword-of-Grayskull; December 18, 2007 at 02:49am.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Down With the Sickness! Jack T. Chance's Avatar
    The Planet Garnet, AKA Hellhole, Space Sector 0017
    Quick question: What's up with Mattel changing Metamorpho's name?

I've seen an ad in Toyfare where they now refer to him as "Rex (Whatever), The Element Man™"!

Secondly, Sword-of-Grayskull, I'm pretty sure I saw a Man-Bat in a Wal*Mart several months ago, so the figure DID hit retail. Maybe it didn't hit the area you live in, or maybe other collectors and/or scalpers beat you to it, but the figure is definitely out there. Not really sure what else to tell you.

Lastly, when is the wave with Hal Jordan and Sinestro due out?
    On June 17th, 2011...
    No evil shall escape
    his sight!

Only Man-Bat figure I remember seeing recently was for The Batman (the animated series) toyline. Also apparently there was one for DC Direct under the name Ninja Man-Bat.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by Sword-of-Grayskull View Post
    Has Man-Bat even been released yet? I'm wondering if that's ever going to even see stores, with DC Classics coming so soon.

EDIT: Wave 1 is out! Here is pics!
    http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/f...=111978#111978
    I'm disappointed Batman's cape is so short, althought the gray color is nice and dark. Also, I found scans of wave 3 in Toyfare, though I can't post them...
    WOW that etrigan is FANTASTIC!!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Down With the Sickness! Jack T. Chance's Avatar
    The Planet Garnet, AKA Hellhole, Space Sector 0017
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Only Man-Bat figure I remember seeing recently was for The Batman (the animated series) toyline. Also apparently there was one for DC Direct under the name Ninja Man-Bat.
    Hmmm... good point. I *thought* the Man-Bat I saw was for the DCSH line, but I *could* be wrong. In fact, now I'm not sure at all which line it was for.
    On June 17th, 2011...
    No evil shall escape
    his sight!

Quote Originally Posted by Sword-of-Grayskull View Post
    The only DC Superheroes Man-Bat I know of is the SDCC/WWC etc exclusive from this past summer that has a awesome skreeching motion feature when the case is opened. I recommend it if you can get it.

Unless there was supposed to be one released with the normal DC Superheroes line.

Also was Cyborg Superman released in the 6-inch scale or just the large scale??
    Last edited by MOTUfan; December 18, 2007 at 12:03pm.
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall

Lycan
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
    Hmmm... good point. I *thought* the Man-Bat I saw was for the DCSH line, but I *could* be wrong. In fact, now I'm not sure at all which line it was for.
    Wasn't there a white version for the SDCC?

Play.com has wave 1 listed for jan 2008 for us in the UK, so atleast they might be making an effort to get this line to us.
    Its unbelievable that we got all the MOTU line over here (but for Teela) but the DC heroes line has been impossible to find.
    What next? It seems every month lately there is something..

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc View Post
    Wasn't there a white version for the SDCC?

Play.com has wave 1 listed for jan 2008 for us in the UK, so atleast they might be making an effort to get this line to us.
    Its unbelievable that we got all the MOTU line over here (but for Teela) but the DC heroes line has been impossible to find.
    There was a normal version and a white Albino chase version

Brent

Lycan
    There was a normal version and a white Albino chase version

Brent
    Ah, so they were both SDCC?
    I thought the white one was the exclusive and the brown one was coming in the later releases.

That kinda sucks (not that I managed to get half of what came out anyway )
    What next? It seems every month lately there is something..

I thought the white one was the exclusive and the brown one was coming in the later releases.

Yeah they were both exclusives a regular version and a white albino chase, Markatisu got me one and it was the regular. Very cool though none the less. Same with past Mattel exclusives you didnt know which it was until you opened it due to the outer box. I still have nightmares over the Catwoman figure from the Batman line with the nine or ten different statues heh. Still need to finish that set.

Brent

Albino was the regular SDCC and Translucent was the chase. No brown Man-Bat yet... hopefully DCUC will let him out wave 4 or wave 5.
    Seppuku, Ordet, Bad Day at Black Rock, Red Beard, Johnny Guitar, Children of Paradise, The Seventh Seal, I Know Where I'm Going!, Barton Fink, Point Blank, Barry Lyndon, A Nous La Liberte, Young Frankenstein, Only God Forgives, The Leopard

Quote Originally Posted by kantboy2 View Post
    Albino was the regular SDCC and Translucent was the chase. No brown Man-Bat yet... hopefully DCUC will let him out wave 4 or wave 5.
    I was wrong on the color heh, still a very cool figure. Need to dig mine out again and see which I got. Pretty sure its the normal heh.

Brent

I was wrong on the color heh, still a very cool figure. Need to dig mine out again and see which I got. Pretty sure its the normal heh.

Brent
    A figure like that with such cool packaging normally stays in the box, it's understandable.
    Seppuku, Ordet, Bad Day at Black Rock, Red Beard, Johnny Guitar, Children of Paradise, The Seventh Seal, I Know Where I'm Going!, Barton Fink, Point Blank, Barry Lyndon, A Nous La Liberte, Young Frankenstein, Only God Forgives, The Leopard

Quote Originally Posted by kantboy2 View Post
    A figure like that with such cool packaging normally stays in the box, it's understandable.
    True, I only opened the outer box heh. No removing the figure from its package heh.

God, I can't wait for these! Does anybody know if there's still supposed to be a variant in this wave? I thought I remembered hearing Red Tornado would have a variant/chase figure, but my memory's a little fuzzy......

MOTUfan - there IS a 6" Cyborg Superman, as well as the larger 12-14" version, but that 6" case assortment that included him, only made it to outlet stores(aka Big Lots), instead of regular retail, due to many stores dropping the line or having overstock and not ordering that wave. I think he goes for around $25-$40 on ebay, but I believe Mattel said at 1 point during a panel this summer that they were strongly considering including him in an upcoming DCUC wave, along with the brown Man-Bat that never made it to retail.....
    Last edited by Skullface; December 18, 2007 at 02:10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    God, I can't wait for these! Does anybody know if there's still supposed to be a variant in this wave? I thought I remembered hearing Red Tornado would have a variant/chase figure, but my memory's a little fuzzy......

MOTUfan - there IS a 6" Cyborg Superman, as well as the larger 12-14" version, but that 6" case assortment that included him, only made it to outlet stores(aka Big Lots), instead of regular retail, due to many stores dropping the line or having overstock and not ordering that wave. I think he goes for around $25-$40 on ebay, but I believe Mattel said at 1 point during a panel this summer that they were strongly considering including him in an upcoming DCUC wave, along with the brown Man-Bat that never made it to retail.....
    Sounds good I will have to track one or two Cyborg Supermen down then. Also I think there will be a chase version of Red Tornado. I think I read some where that all of the modern versions will be the chase figures. I could be wrong though.

Brent

Just did a little research, and the Tornado variant will be the classic look w/yellow gloves and "buccaneer" boots. There's also supposed to be a variant Penguin that comes with an extra little penguin robot accessory. Will have to wait for confirmation on both of these....

And wave 2 will supposedly have 8 figures total including all variants:

BAF Wave: Gorilla Grodd
    Superman Red
    Superman Blue
    Aquaman (classic short hair)
    Aquaman (modern medium length hair-variant)
    Harley Quinn
    Black Manta
    Firestorm (modern dark skin tone, yellow eyes and red boots)
    Firestorm (classic Ronnie Raymond head and yellow boots-variant)

I hope the new Forbidden Planet Super Store gets these in!!

Did you know about that Havoc?
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com